Poll: Given both are availible, would you play a mag'har or default orc?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Who would play default orcs?

I wonder if anyone would still play default orcs after unhunched superior mag'har become availible. I mean, there's literally no reason to play for an old orc model. Mag'har basically provide all the same visual options PLUS better unhunched posture and additional hairstyles/beards/skins. So I guess we will see default orcs die off slowly, as no one will play them. Would you?
    Same situation, but to a lesser extent is with darkspear and zandalari trolls.
    All other allied races seem to provide an alternative, rather than superiorly better option for their default races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regular orcs will also be unhunched.

They literally said it'll be a barber option.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Me, because I am not a fan of the current upright orc model. They look very strange to me.......like they're from a different game.

I'll probably stick with my hunched warlock. Seems thematically appropriate, and not worth the effort/gold/money to change it.

Normal orcs will be able to be unhunched as well so that's not an issue really an issue. It really just comes down to do you want to be green or not

as an alliance player i ask you, WHERE'S YOUR HORDE HONOR?!?

Orc warlocks are only nice when they are hunched.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only have 2 orc toons, but I'll be leaving them hunched. Maybe it's length of time in the game, but as someone said above it just feels right thematically. I don't have a problem with straight-backed orcs, but I prefer mine green and hunched.

first wtf kinda awful poll is this, where is the "ill play both"? second, great job stating opinions as facts op. so nice loaded thread.

To answer your awfully phrased question, I will still play my old hunched green skin warlock, but will probably make an straight back mag'har warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnamilkyou View Post
    I wonder if anyone would still play default orcs after unhunched superior mag'har become availible. I mean, there's literally no reason to play for an old orc model. Mag'har basically provide all the same visual options PLUS better unhunched posture and additional hairstyles/beards/skins. So I guess we will see default orcs die off slowly, as no one will play them. Would you?
    All other allied races seem to provide an alternative, rather than superiorly better option for their default races.
    What are you talking about? The only difference is the skin color.

Unless, you know, someone finds them more appealing... You seem to be unfamiliar with what the word "literal" means.

Like, this is a non-issue if ever I saw one. The un-hunched model will be a BARBERSHOP feature, players will be able to choose freely between it without paying cash for a race change.

If people are so worried about "not seeing hunched Orcs anymore in teh world", then just have your own Orcs be hunched. Bam, you now see hunched over Orcs still...

I don't like playing orcs, sorry. Ogres as well. I think it's that bulldog face and frog skin that repels me, and keep me from playing them.

But if I had to play one, i would chose the Mag'har ones. The bodypaint and the skin / tattoo options make all the difference.

I have a male Orc Warlock alt that I'd still play hunched cause I think it's cool emulating Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Nah, mag'har get different hairstyles too. And some of the skins come with tattoos and adornments
    Yeah, I guess thats true but the posture is shared among both orc races.
    And if they are anything like the current allied races then it's like two new hairstyles and every face looks the same.

That and they cost real money to use unless you're starting from scratch for whatever reason.

Who would play normal orcs? People who like the color green, of course.

Come on, normal orcs will be able to stand upright too, so the only differences between Mag'har and Normal Orcs, will be the hair, skin color, and tattoos. And while that may seem like a big difference, and it likely will signify plenty of people race-changing, it wont mean EVERYONE will.

After all, the only difference between a lightforged draenei, and the normal ones, is their hair, tattoos, and eye color. And not every draenei player switched over. The only difference between a highmountain tauren and the normal tauren are the horns, tattoos, and some skin colors. And not every tauren switched over.

If anything, this thread should be aimed at the zandalari.

As, unlike the Mag'har (Who are simply orcs with a different skin color and some slight extra features), the zandalari truly are a wholly new race altogether. Normal trolls wont be able to stand upright. And specially for druids, zandalari druids will have access to unique forms unavailable to anyone else. The zandalari models previewed so far, look like far more higher quality versions of the darkspear trolls, as they both use the same blue-ish skin, but the zandalari have more fidelity and High Res textures to them. So there is a case to make there for the old models being less appealing than the new ones.
    Last edited by Derah; 2018-03-09 at 05:40 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, I guess thats true but the posture is shared among both orc races.
    And if they are anything like the current allied races then it's like two new hairstyles and every face looks the same.

That and they cost real money to use unless you're starting from scratch for whatever reason.
    Nope, they have only new hairstyles from what I know, which is like 5-8 options, beard have 4-5 options, completely new ones.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Hunched green orc warlock.
    Upright brown orc warrior.

That's the style I will go for.
    /highfive!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's a barber shop option, so any orc can be hunched/unhunched, but as far as I go, my hunter and warrior will remain hunched because IDGAF about posture.

Upright orcs look way better and I could totally play an upright blackrock, but it's really going to depend on the racials. Unless the Mag'har have some insane racial abilities, Hardiness would just be too good tp ass up kind of like EMFH and Diplomancy are too good to be any other Alliance race.

Green orc is the only true orc. The only way I'll play a maghar is if they get better hairlines, and even then I'll choose the skintone closest to green.