Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is a simple idea I had for introducing Undead Elves as an allied race, but one thing I'd like to see happening is the Alliance invading Quel'Thalas, but gets thwarted from a combined effort between Silvermoon and the Forsaken, including an agreement of raising High Elves who died during the third war.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post

....have you even been to teldrassil?? a lot of dry leafs there on the ground. And if they firebomb it. once it gets fire it will burn.
    Have I been to the in game tree stump in game that looks nothing like the actual tree?

This tree is a massive magical tree, full of life energy, surrounded by an ocean. It would be extremely hard to set it ablaze without some kind of magical fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshuttle View Post
    Honestly I'd hope this would finally bring about a third faction.

I don't think any elves hate each other aside from Night elves hating every other race period. High elves (blue eyes) rejected the teachings of Kael. That doesn't mean the "hated" anyone.

Void elves delved into magic that put the Sunwell in danger. That doesn't mean they are hated just please stay away from the one thing keeping all High Elf descendants from going into a stated of magical decay. k thanks bye.

The void elves themselves are using the void to protect Silvermoon and their people. Why they are part of the Alliance is still beyond me. I can't let that mess go. Sure they were ousted from Silvermoon, but the only reason they took to the Alliance was to follow Alleria and learn from her. Is that really a strong enough reason to fight against their actual kin. I mean there are probably brothers and sisters mothers and daughters, husband and wives on the opposite side of this thing now. I just can't fathom this mess... I need a different reason for the high Elves to officially join the alliance side.

I know it would tan some people's hides, but I would love to see the blood elves defect from the horde. And I mean to the point that you can no longer create Horde Blood elves. I wouldn't like it game play wise I'll admit that, but lore wise I'd be giddy with glee. P.S. I play blood elves, and I truly dislike the Alliance... I just love a good story.

Back to my point/thoughts. If the war got there, I just think all elves (aside from the purple ones) would seriously finally wake up and be like this is not how this is going down. I'd love a Cinematic of a battle and then all of a sudden in Unison all High Elvish people stop. take a couple looks at each other first shake their heads a few times give a sinister smirk a single nod and then all hell break loose kicking all things without pointy ears out of their forests. Oh, don't forget the purple people too, bye Felicia.

That' so dorky, I'm aware.
    Haha a third elven only faction, horde and the alliance would lose 90% of their players
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    there is a teleporter straight the throne room and a giant hole in their walls its not a question of if it fell, it will

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Haha a third elven only faction, horde and the alliance would lose 90% of their players
    it would be good

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Can I get a summary (brief or extensive, your choice) of this thread's main points? No way in hell I'm going to browse 16 pages of shitty elf stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Can I get a summary (brief or extensive, your choice) of this thread's main points? No way in hell I'm going to browse 16 pages of a shitty elf-focused thread.
    Boils down to Alleria and the void elvess totally being able to get through the Sin'dorei, and then the Alliance taking over half the city as part of a cease fire to prevent danger to the sunwell.

You also have people saying that The blood elves would entrust the Sunwell to the Alliance and that the Alliance in no way would use it as a bargaining chip to try to bring the blood elves into the Alliance or harness it for power. Instead of the Blood elves blowing up the Sunwell as they have before instead of letting it fall into enemy hands.

There's also quite a bit of "blood elves would totally join the Alliance"

also in this scenario the Horde just doesn't show up I guess, and the Blood elves don't create a sheild.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Boils down to Alleria and the void elvess totally being able to get through the Sin'dorei, and then the Alliance taking over half the city as part of a cease fire to prevent danger to the sunwell.

You also have people saying that The blood elves would entrust the Sunwell to the Alliance and that the Alliance in no way would use it as a bargaining chip to try to bring the blood elves into the Alliance or harness it for power. Instead of the Blood elves blowing up the Sunwell as they have before instead of letting it fall into enemy hands.

also in this scenario the Horde just doesn't show up I guess, and the Blood elves don't create a sheild.
    Sounds like an elaborated rehash of "which faction do you think Blood Elves belong to and why do you think it is the Alliance and not the Horde?"

Yeah, I didn't miss anything worth reading for sure.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

I always kinda wondered if lorewise Alliance really is that desperate for belves to return to them as some of the players are.

I mean belves are with the Horde for a long time now, it's funny thinking that humans still go to sleep wondering "Oh gee, when will our oldschool elven allies finally stop with their rebellious phase and return to us!!!". I just can't shake off the "desperate husband forgives cheating wife" vibe from all of it lol.

One would expect that even if belves wanted to join back, Alliance would show some pride and tell them to piss off or something. But I guess with Varian being willing to allow them back before and Anduin as leader now, that is probably unlikely though and they would be welcomed back like nothing happened.

Uh, no.

You seriously need to update your knowledge.
    Uh no, think about it.

I'm saying Garithos was mind controlled the entire duration of his interaction with the elves. It's ridiculously apparent. It was not revealed until later that he was in fact possessed by a dread lord, a fact which was 1.) squashed by Sylvannas - slaughtering / betraying the remaining Alliance defense forces (thereby delivering Lordaeron to her control.) 2.) in so doing denying the Blood Elves a chance at the truth. The truth being that the sufferring they endured in the scourge wars was exacerbated by a Legion agent with the intent of turning them from the Alliance. Later in Wrath 3.) Varimathras, the only other of the dread lords to have defected from the legion, was slaughtered by Sylvannas, once again conveniently keeping secret the manipulation and betrayal of the elves whereas Varimathras was the only other to have known the true nature of their demise. And now finally 4.) the final obliteration of Varimathras in Antorus - sealing the fate of the elves - never again to know the truth of their downfall, betrayal, manipulation and enticement by the legion, and what's more, the direct manipulation and pocketing of that kingdom by none other than Sylvannas herself.

Also, dismissing people in blanket statements which serve only to protect yourself from fair argument and criticism points directly to your lack of knowledge of both lore and general social etiquette. I'd appreciate the opportunity to value your opinion, but have yet to see anything credible, in any of your posts, for the duration of where I've seen them on MMOC.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2018-03-09 at 03:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Uh no, think about it.

I'm saying Garithos was mind controlled the entire duration of his interaction with the elves. It's ridiculously apparent. It was not revealed until later that he was in fact possessed by a dread lord, a fact which was 1.) squashed by Sylvannas - slaughtering / betraying the remaining Alliance defense forces (thereby delivering Lordaeron to her control.) 2.) in so doing denying the Blood Elves a chance at the truth. The truth being that the sufferring they endured in the scourge wars was exacerbated by a Legion agent with the intent of turning them from the Alliance. Later in Wrath 3.) Varimathras, the only other of the dread lords to have defected from the legion, was slaughtered by Sylvannas, once again conveniently keeping secret the manipulation and betrayal of the elves whereas Varimathras was the only other to have known the true nature of their demise. And now finally 4.) the final obliteration of Varimathras in Antorus - sealing the fate of the elves - never again to know the truth of their downfall, betrayal, manipulation and enticement by the legion, and what's more, the direct manipulation and pocketing of that kingdom by none other than Sylvannas herself.

Also, dismissing people in blanket statements which serve only to protect yourself from fair argument and criticism points directly to your lack of knowledge of both lore and general social etiquette. I'd appreciate the opportunity to value your opinion, but have yet to see anything credible, in any of your posts, for the duration of where I've seen them on MMOC.
    You don't have an argument,you have an idea that is simply not true. It has long already been established in lore he hated elves and everything non human. If he was mind controlled it would have been known in the lore, instead of it outright saying he was mind controlled later, stop peddling your headcanon as anything other than headcanon.

I'm dismissing you with a blanket statement because you have nothing other than headcanon you for whatever reason are so adamant on pushing.

Facts > your fan "Theory"

It's obvious you never even bothered to read up on what little Story Garithos has, he's mind controlled later after he encounters the dreadlords,which takes place after he tried to kill the elves.

TLDR, learn your lore.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-03-09 at 03:52 AM.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol seriously? Now Garithos was mean to the Blood Elves because he was mind-controlled all along? Well, I guess that's why Blizzard bothered to wrote this guy's background as a way to explain his strong prejudice against elves. Because he was mind-controlled.

Sure thing.

This doesn't seem like a mind-controlled man to me, when Blizzard flat out told us that he is xenophobic and a terrible commander:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle

This force was led by a human. Grand Marshal Othmar Garithos. As the highest-ranking survivor of Lordaeron's military, Garithos was leader of the army by chance, not because of merit. He was far from the ideal commander. Garithos was an ill-tempered and xenophobic man scorned the non-human races in his ranks. Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider and his blood elves were not spared from the grand marshal's bigotry. When the prince pledged his loyalty to the Alliance resistance, Garithos accepted it purely out of neccessity. He made no attempt to hide his disdain for the elves.
    <...>
    Serving under Grand Marshal Garithos only increased Kael'thas's aggravation. The human constantly belittled the elves and relegated them to menial tasks
    <...>
    With the naga, the Blood Elves halted the Scourge advance, protecting the main Alliance army's flank and and allowing it to drive back the undead assault. When Garithos learned what had happened, he did not praise Kael'thas, he condemned him; Like most humans, the grand marshal considered the naga to be sinister creatures, little better than the Scourge. Kael'thas's alliance with them was seen as an act of unforgivable treason.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-03-09 at 05:05 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    The maximum thing I could imagine is that some dark force played upon Garithos's dark mind and made him go further than he may otherwise have gone. But sometimes I think even the darkest powers of Azeroth just need to sit back and watch the show because the inhabitants do their dirty work all by themseves. Garithos was probably one such person.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Have I been to the in game tree stump in game that looks nothing like the actual tree?

This tree is a massive magical tree, full of life energy, surrounded by an ocean. It would be extremely hard to set it ablaze without some kind of magical fire.
    So if its harder to put on fire, then there is more intent now is there?

- - - Updated - - -

Yet again you fail to bring up anything else other than your opinion. The idea that the alliance would simply let the sunwell be, and that the blood elves would trust the Allince to do this are at best nonsensical.

The point where the blood elves were interested in joining the Alliance has long past.
    Yet again you do not understand the concept of a opinion really google it...google the word opinion

And my opinion has some facts that i linked. I know facts do not matter in the current times. But hey atleast i try to show you facts. Funny you side step them time and time again. tells me enough

And again, you clearly can or refuse the read. I said ingame the whole species of blood elves will not join the alliance. In lore books if WoW ever shuts down. It is possible. They have switched before. And it looks like some of the time they have more in kin with the alliance species then with the horde ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Uh no, think about it.

Even if your headcanon here was true, the Blood Elves would still not be in the Alliance thanks to Prospector Anvilward and his Night Elf friends.
    Last edited by Sangris; 2018-03-11 at 03:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    NONE of what you’ve just posted is proof of anything.

To get the Dragon Soul they’d have had to forget about deathwing to kill green Jesus and the dragon aspects. That obviously ain’t gonna happen, even if they tried.

What are you even trying to say about the Vindicaar? They’re using it right now, it’s not as powerful as you think it is.
    It is. i linked you 3 very powerful stuff the alliance could have used to their advantage. And btw you sidestep the info that the alliance restarted the freaking sunwell. So i think they might be able to do that again, so destroying it has little to no use . And btw this is just stuff i know about. without doing research.
    But lets turn in around the other way. The alliance also has better track record of being nice. ( since launch of WoW story)
    Letting a general take home his sons body, restarting the sunwell, trying to talk to race that left to rejoin, help horde even after all that has happened, helped with the troll uprising, trying to have some peace talks.

Yes it would have been hard with the dragon soul. But so was half the bs of garrosh and he still pulled it off. And we are not talking about succesfull use of the weapons. We are talking would they.

First of even if its a very weak as you want it to be. If it fly's high above the battle at lordaron i could easy use that beam of light to torch the horde on the walls. Or on any battlefield. They could also flying high get some rogue's to drop some of those drop pods teleport thingie's and "beam" down a shit ton of troops in . from behind enemy lines. I know its bad story writing ( on blizzards part) but tactic wise you could use that thing for many options. You are acting like its a hot air balloon and you are also acting like i think its the death star. Its neither, its a b-52 bomber in a medieval world.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is. i linked you 3 very powerful stuff the alliance could have used to their advantage. And btw you sidestep the info that the alliance restarted the freaking sunwell. So i think they might be able to do that again, so destroying it has little to no use . And btw this is just stuff i know about. without doing research.
    But lets turn in around the other way. The alliance also has better track record of being nice. ( since launch of WoW story)
    Letting a general take home his sons body, restarting the sunwell, trying to talk to race that left to rejoin, help horde even after all that has happened, helped with the troll uprising, trying to have some peace talks.

Yes it would have been hard with the dragon soul. But so was half the bs of garrosh and he still pulled it off. And we are not talking about succesfull use of the weapons. We are talking would they.

First of even if its a very weak as you want it to be. If it fly's high above the battle at lordaron i could easy use that beam of light to torch the horde on the walls. Or on any battlefield. They could also flying high get some rogue's to drop some of those drop pods teleport thingie's and "beam" down a shit ton of troops in . from behind enemy lines. I know its bad story writing ( on blizzards part) but tactic wise you could use that thing for many options. You are acting like its a hot air balloon and you are also acting like i think its the death star. Its neither, its a b-52 bomber in a medieval world.
    Kael'thas already had pooled all the arcane back into the Sunwell to be reignited, Unless the Alliance wanted to rip outland apart for mana like Kael was doing, they wouldn't be able to do it again. And even then, the spark of the Sunwell would be gone. Velen sure as hell wasn't reigniting it in the name of the Alliance.

Your entire argument hinges on "the Alliance has been nice before." Once again, the blood elves do not see it this way.

So if you honestly do think the blood elves would simply let their sunwell fall into Alliance hands, you need to read some more.
    Holy shit lol

Kael'thas already had pooled all the arcane back into the Sunwell to be reignited, Unless the Alliance wanted to rip outland apart for mana like Kael was doing, they wouldn't be able to do it again. And even then, the spark of the Sunwell would be gone. Velen sure as hell wasn't reigniting it in the name of the Alliance.

Your entire argument hinges on "the Alliance has been nice before." Once again, the blood elves do not see it this way.

So if you honestly do think the blood elves would simply let their sunwell fall into Alliance hands, you need to read some more.
    So?? allaince could also poor arcane magic into it. Like we have no mages. As for Velen...he also could not have done it. But he still did. And he is a alliance member so.....

My entire argument does not just hang on that. You just want it to be because its easier for you like that. I am saying they have been nice before, but also they have chosen not to be a-holes before, to help before, not to abuse situations before. You are just focusing on that one.

I read my part. You still have not. after 4 post you still do not get the word opinion . And you have yet to proven with a fact that the blood elves would destroy the sunwell because of alliance might the hands on it. So the burden of proof is on you .

I have stated several times it is a opinion. I have also given facts, example's etc. You have not. Or ones that are easy to disproof with some so easy facts. You and aeula just want to be right. And side step things you can not win. And try to change the subject to your liking. Believe me have dealt with green people like you before .

And just like i said before, this is how it could happen. But the attack on silvermoon is never going to happen. Storywise it is way WAY more interesting and dangerous for the otherside to have a beachhead on each others continents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

For the Sunwell, pretty much what Friendlyimmolation said.

For the Vindicaar, I’d imagine it does get used in Lordaeron. Same as the Void Elves are going to get used. I can’t see why they wouldn’t use it.

- - - Updated - - -

So?? allaince could also poor arcane magic into it. Like we have no mages.
    The amount of mana required would literally tear the land that it was taken from apart. Just look at Netherstorm.