Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    It's almost like people are as dumb as a fence post and don't know better than to keep throwing good money after bad, even though they've been burned many times before but still hoping the game will get better.
    Except that we haven't. WoD was below par but nothing crazy bad. Only expansion I stopped playing in. Legion has been the best expansion since Woltk for me.
    So please stop trying to speak for others and just speak for your salty self.

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    People aren't unaware, they actually read and know all of this well ahead of time.
    This is the first time I've heard of it. I only clicked the thread because I've been thinking about cancelling my pre-order with how underwhelming all the alpha builds have been so far. I'm actually extremely glad that @Huntardicus took the time to make this post.

Ignore what everyone says
    Its pure bullcrap
    They refunded both legion and WoD for me back in the day AFTER using both boosts
    What they did was freeze my boosted characters until i repurchased the expansion, its weird that they dont refund anymore
    Similarly they could freeze allied race characters
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Why would anyone be dumb enough to pre-order anything from Blizz these days? They haven't been worthy of it since at least MoP. WoD & Legion were utter shit, BfA will be too and it won't get any better.

Stop kidding yourselves.
    I'm gonna buy and play it anyways. Why does it matter when I actually pay for it?

If you can expect something of Blizzard is lazyness

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Except that we haven't. WoD was below par but nothing crazy bad. Only expansion I stopped playing in. Legion has been the best expansion since Woltk for me.
    So please stop trying to speak for others and just speak for your salty self.
    Legion has been pretty strong. I pre-ordered BfA with all the hype of allied races. Then I saw how underwhelming they were (like, I was all about highmountain, and they were literally tauren with moose antlers; the nightborne look flat out awful, I could go on)...then the first BfA alpha notes came out and I learned Zandalari aren't getting paladin...then they go totally out of their way to explain why we can't get Zandalari paladins instead of just giving us it....oh, and this is on top of the patch 7.3.5 fiasco and how the new dev teams' philosophy seems to be "ignore player, they are sheep."

Well, yah, I got burned. Wish I could get a refund on BfA but too late now. I might as well hope it's decent but this has Cata 2.0 written all over it. Actually, Cata looked better coming out of the gates

A 110 boost is $60... You get a "free" boost when you buy BFA. How can you be salty about not getting a refund when you used the boost which has the same cost of the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    If by eaten the icecream you mean the sprinkles on the icecream that I'm not allowed to eat yet then sure. I'm not whining or kicking up a fuss either way, just putting this out as a heads up for anyone who hasn't seen the policy yet.
    So, you'd buy an ice cream with sprinkles for 1.10, realize they're chocolate instead of rainbow but eat the sprinkles anyway, then give the ice cream back and expect to get your money back? Because, that's what you're doing to continue the analogy. I get that you realized you needed the money for something else, but that is not on Blizzard to keep a just-in-case backup for anybody who realizes they're bad with money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Prior expansions had refunds available after using the boost, they locked the boosted characters.
    Again, with the number of players who can potentially do that, locking characters is a band-aid resolution. Better to advise against it in the first place.

why even ppl buy shit when not sure they really want it, in the first place? stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    why even ppl buy shit when not sure they really want it, in the first place? stupid.
    That's not really a relevant reply to this post. The OP specifically said he wants the expansion, but had an emergency crop up that having the money was more important. Yes, it was a bad move on his part, but it had nothing to do with whatever you're reply was intended for.

Deleted
    I've not pre-ordered BfA or anything, but can't you basically unlock allied races automatically if you meet the criteria already?

Quote Originally Posted by Sollioswoop View Post
    I've not pre-ordered BfA or anything, but can't you basically unlock allied races automatically if you meet the criteria already?
    No you have to do a short quest chain and scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    oh abso-fuckin-lootly!

But on a non-autistic note, no, I don't.

Point is I got my money back jajajajaja
    Congrats on having your account banned including any other bnet title for fraud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on having your account banned including any other bnet title for fraud.
    Ok then yeah fair enough, then all of the criteria for disallowing a refund is completely avoidable.

Not trying to be an asshole, but if 60 dollars has this much of an effect on you that something unforeseen can mess you up, you probably shouldn't be buying it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I’m really hurting considering I can just get another account at ANY time and receive a boost if need be.

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Yeah, I’m really hurting considering I can just get another account at ANY time and receive a boost if need be.

Lmao
    Yea, good thing they can't ban you based on information based on payment, location, or device used. Have fun with that.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is an extra 60 dollars going to help anyone financially?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Yea, good thing they can't ban you based on information based on payment, location, or device used. Have fun with that.
    Prepaid Visa - check

Make account on phone with different IP - check

Use VPN on computer - check

You were saying...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    I want a refund on my ice-cream that i have already eaten.
    Your ice cream isn't a digital character in a virtual world. You can't revert it back to it's original form.

Blizzard could easily reverse the boost and remove allied races. Or even simpler, they could just lock the characters and make them unplayable until the expansion is re-purchased. Kind of like how they did with the Wrath of the Lich King 10 day expansion trial where your DK would be locked until you purchased the game.

This is an issue with greed, money and a declining revenue, Blizzard knows player's first instinct will be to use the boost, so they lock the refund option behind the most blindly used feature of the pre purchase deal.

Blizzard is becoming more and more like EA games.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Refunds actually end up costing Blizzard Money. This is purely to negate that occurrence by making people that use the product unable to refund it.

If you don't use the product the refund is still available, like literally every other Retailer around.