Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    He confirmed Dark Iron paladins in that interview.
    Yeah right, i said it just a few posts ago.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Ion has never ever commented on specific class/race combos expect DK.
    he said he wanted things old school. alliance paladin, horde shaman.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    It's premature datamining. It came with a list for the dark irons that didn't include paladins or shamans.
    Yeps Dark Iron shamans are a very good sign, one of the reasons why I am happy to see them (other than being cool combo) is that it makes Zandaladin to be a possibility as well.

They're adding shamans to dark irons, and the questline is from the first part of a three zone story line.
    And yeah I also believe that Rezan restoration will be in later part of the story, this Loa is too important not only to Prelates but overall to Zandalar Royalty and priest caste.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    This is very interesting, because Zandalari already had another more tribal body paint, as we can see in the preview below:

As this gold body paint is quite different from the original tattoos, i think this is the first indicator (well, beside the prelates NPCs in alpha) that Zandalari will have paladins. There is no other reason why they would make two different body paints, unless each one of them are specific for certain classes.

I would certainly use the tribal paint on my druid and the golden tattoo on my paladin
    The Blue ones were likely placeholder as they were not of good quality tbh. A lot of people complained that they look odd quality wise and at places are blurred. But I take it as a good sign. It means that models are still being worked on, and we will likely have more options later. So yeah I am glad Zandies will come later so devs have more time to polish.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Wow this will be so cool on my Zandalari Pala--- ah nvm
    Welcome to Zandaladin team
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post

The Blue ones were likely placeholder as they were not of good quality tbh. A lot of people complained that they look odd quality wise and at places are blurred. But I take it as a good sign. It means that models are still being worked on, and we will likely have more options later. So yeah I am glad Zandies will come later so devs have more time to polish.
    I don't think they are a placeholder. Why not keep both?
    I think the golden ones are more appropriate for classes like paladin, priest and shaman, because they are more sofisticated and more spiritual.
    The tribal ones on the other hand are for more brutal / primitive classes, like warrior, druid, rogue and hunter.

In the end it is the player who will chose which body paint they prefer (even none, but that would be boring in my opinion).
    I would not replace one by the other. I would include both options for the live version of the game.

What I would place as optional would be the scales. They look like warts, its the only cosmetic thing i don't like in the zandalari, especially in the faces. I would love my trolls not to have those things at least in their face.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-09 at 11:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    he said he wanted things old school. alliance paladin, horde shaman.
    Dark Iron can be Shamans...

Zandalari Paladins may be added at some point (if not when the race is playable), but some golden tattoos are hardly an indication thereof... Gold is a recurring theme with the Zandalari in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzan View Post
    Dark Iron can be Shamans...
    Yes, we know that now. His interview was months ago.

This means players' feedback made them change their minds about the back to origins alliance paladins vs. horde shamans idea (thank god for that). I think they understood how the game would profit with those new class race combos (and all the $$$$$ they would make with these extra options lol)
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-09 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    They can fuck off with that vanilla feel and play the classic servers. Give me more horde paladin and alliance shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey303 View Post
    I still believe that rogues and warlocks are a NO GO for Zandalari. They just wouldn't make sense in their culture.

Warrior, Hunter, Priest, Shaman, Paladin, Druid, Mage

Should be their combos. While rogues and warlocks exist, I just don't see them as being a real part of their society and thus don't think they would fit as playable nearly as much as these seven combinations. Thoughts?
    I don't understand the rogue problem
    Why can't they be agile assassins and use stealth?

Blizzard has stated in the past that the races that cant be rogues are because they are too big and muscular, which wouldnt fit in the slim agile ninja stereotype, see tauren and draenei

Im not bothered with zandalari warlocks also. Nothing against, nothing in favor as well. Dont think they harm the lore. If some players want this race class combo, why not then?
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-09 at 01:21 PM.

I don't think they are a placeholder. Why not keep both?
    I think the golden ones are more appropriate for classes like paladin, priest and shaman, because they are more sofisticated and more spiritual.
    The tribal ones on the other hand are for more brutal / primitive classes, like warrior, druid, rogue and hunter.

In the end it is the player who will chose which body paint they prefer (even none, but that would be boring in my opinion).
    I would not replace one by the other. I would include both options for the live version of the game.

What I would place as optional would be the scales. They look like warts, its the only cosmetic thing i don't like in the zandalari, especially in the faces. I would love my trolls not to have those things at least in their face.
    I said that they were likely placeholdes due to low quality of them and the way it was attached to a model, it had some really odd shading. Who knows we might get more body paint options later as their models are still WIP. Zandalari guy doesn't have custom dance animation implemented yet, and neither Zandalari are playable option in BfA Alpha.

So yeah let's see and wait.

Yes, we know that now. His interview was months ago.

This means players' feedback made them change their minds about the back to origins alliance paladins vs. horde shamans idea (thank god for that). I think they understood how the game would profit with those new class race combos (and all the $$$$$ they would make with these extra options lol)

On a side note, even if Zandaladin's won't get paladins I'm glad that Dark Irons managed to get shaman, their totems are really great! Let us hope that Zandaladins will be also a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand the rogue problem
    Why can't they be agile assassins and use stealth?

Blizzard has stated in the past that the races that cant be rogues are because they are too big and muscular, which wouldnt fit in the slim agile ninja stereotype
    It's no that they can't it's that they disapprove this kind of fighting style. Unless the Rogues are meant to be Warscouts, like in Pandaria.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    They can fuck off with that vanilla feel and play the classic servers. Give me more horde paladin and alliance shamans.
    This. This whole "Vanilla reference" bullshit is downright detrimental to the game.

Another thing that can fuck off is people's obsession with parity. People keep complaining about how many druids Horde has, how many paladins Alliance has... stop. We don't need parity between the factions. This bullshit is why even lore is affected. Every time a faction gains or loses something, the other does not have to gain or lose something as well.

The fact that Dark Iron can be Shamans (as they should be) still gives me a small sliver of hope that Zandalari can be Paladins, but I have this feeling in the back of my head that they won't be.

On that note, Night Elves should get Paladins at some point as well. Unless Delas Moonfang literally never returns to Darnassus, I don't see her not spreading what she learned through their society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

- - - Updated - - -

It's no that they can't it's that they disapprove this kind of fighting style. Unless the Rogues are meant to be Warscouts, like in Pandaria.
    I'd like the casteless Zandalari to be represented by playable characters; I think rogues would be a good way to do that.

5+ Year Old Account
    The best answer to some Classes for the Zandalari is the starting quest from Vol'dun, everyone who break the law is send to the exile in Vol'dun as criminals, i think here is where Rogues / Warlocks may appear, because they are joining the war, everyone who can help against the alliance is granted a "pardon".

Now for the Zandalari Paladins, again its a great oportunity for Blizz, the hype arround them means $, i think the last questline that we are going to do for the Zandalari joining the Horde (maybe the last patch of the first wave of the expansion) is gonna be related to restoring the power of Rasta and the power of Rezan.

I said that they were likely placeholdes due to low quality of them and the way it was attached to a model, it had some really odd shading. Who knows we might get more body paint options later as their models are still WIP. Zandalari guy doesn't have custom dance animation implemented yet, and neither Zandalari are playable option in BfA Alpha.

So yeah let's see and wait.

On a side note, even if Zandaladin's won't get paladins I'm glad that Dark Irons managed to get shaman, their totems are really great! Let us hope that Zandaladins will be also a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

but they are a caste system. for all i know even hinduism disprove slaughter, still there are butchers, even if they are from the lowest castes.
    same with zandalari rogues and, probably, warlocks. they are still valuable units, even if despised

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Ok blizzard I guess we'll just go fuck ourselves
    A Troll knight of the light... sounds... bloody wierd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    On that note, Night Elves should get Paladins at some point as well. Unless Delas Moonfang literally never returns to Darnassus, I don't see her not spreading what she learned through their society.
    How retarded would it be if she comes back and gets burned alive with the whole city and thats the excuse you get for not having NE paladins? Reminds me of something similar!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    A Troll knight of the light... sounds... bloody wierd.

How about loa infused holy warrior?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

How about loa infused holy warrior?
    Sounds good! But Blizzard need to make a new class then

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Sounds good! But Blizzard need to make a new class then
    it don't need though, they can enter in paladin concept just like others races

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it don't need though, they can enter in paladin concept just like others races
    I think it's silly, but if Blizzard goes along with the idea, who am I to judge. They already messed up the lore of this game so let's fight shit with shit