Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Student injuries himself with gun at Lexington KY (US) school

Source

LEXINGTON, KY (WAVE) – One student was taken to an area hospital after injuring himself with a gun at a Lexington school.

The incident happened at Frederick Douglass High School Friday morning.

No other students or staff were injured, according to Fayette County Public Schools spokeswoman Lisa Deffendall.

Deffendall said the student is receiving medical care and will be charged with possession of a weapon on school property and wanton endangerment.

“We are not in a lockdown because the threat has been removed. School safety is the number one priority at Douglass and we will continue to take steps to ensure that all students and staff are safe,” Deffendall said in a statement.

Law enforcement officials will be updating the situation at 11 a.m.

Watch the event via the WAVE 3 News Live Stream. Just click on the appropriate link:
    With what is going on, why would you take a gun to school unless you're intending to use it?

Deleted
    I don't know a member on here said when they were teenagers they brought guns into school to show each other so /shrug

15+ Year Old Account
    Ban the fuckin video games already, trump! I voted for you!!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    With what is going on, why would you take a gun to school unless you're intending to use it?
    If you had a gun mabye you think you can protect your self from another shooter so you take the gun.

Sounds like he needs some firearms safety classes.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't know a member on here said when they were teenagers they brought guns into school to show each other so /shrug
    when I was in highschool during deer gun season. People used to clean their shotguns in vocational agriculture class.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, maybe arming the students isn't the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ban the fuckin video games already, trump! I voted for you!!
    They are banned for younglings and in public schools already my friend. I don’t know if a triple ban will help.

Peace

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He violated the law by taking a handgun to the school and being underage in possession of a handgun. People violate the laws all the time. :P A metal detector at the entrance to the school would have more than likely caught him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where was the good guy with a gun to stop him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sounds like he needs some firearms safety classes.
    That would be a gross overreach of our 2nd amendment protections communist.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Where was the good guy with a gun to stop him?
    Apparently none are allowed in there. But it was good guys with guns who came to arrest him.

today i took a shit.

what we're not listing things that happen all the time?

I live in this area and the gun is taken to school for protection, not with the intent to harm anyone. Although that is illegal, that is the main reason they do it.

Perhaps the kid was being bullied to the point he felt he had no other options. For all the talk about preventing and stopping bullying, schools really do very little about it
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Perhaps the kid was being bullied to the point he felt he had no other options. For all the talk about preventing and stopping bullying, schools really do very little about it
    I agree. And also, no law is any better than the means or will to enforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree. And also, no law is any better than the means or will to enforce them.
    Hell I know of teachers who are being bullied in HS and are terrified of certain students but the school wont step in, the Union wont step in and the Police wont handle it . There was a teacher in my area who was almost raped by a student and all they did was sweep it under the rug , give her some paid leave and moved the kid to another school. that student then raped another class mate . He wasnt even charged with a rape because they then suddenly determined he was not right in the head
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Hell I know of teachers who are being bullied in HS and are terrified of certain students but the school wont step in, the Union wont step in and the Police wont handle it . There was a teacher in my area who was almost raped by a student and all they did was sweep it under the rug , give her some paid leave and moved the kid to another school. that student then raped another class mate . He wasnt even charged with a rape because they then suddenly determined he was not right in the head
    He learned to rape in video games i heard.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-03-09 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling

It's tough to deal with because some kids, in fact some people, just suck. People also tend to follow the crowd because standing out in school makes you a target instead, so kids feel that everyone is against them. If there were an easy fix it would probably have been implemented already.

That's pretty fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    He learned to rape in video games i heard.
    Zing! No shit eh? Hell if violent video games made you violent then violent crimes would be on the rise and not declining.