Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'd support it. Kids shouldn't watch tv/play games anyway. It just breeds autism and other problems.
    Site a source that says video games cause anything, otherwise this is horseshit.

There have been studies that prove there's no link between video games and violence, specifically, so what "other problems" are you even referring to?

Also, biologically speaking, its impossible for video games to cause or, as you say breed, autism.

7+ Year Old Account
    To actually achieve an effect you have to ban all kind of replaceable entertainment, such as TV, movies, etc. If you do this without banning them, they will just switch to those.

If all these things get done, then we will jsut simply return to societies in the under 90's.

Personally I disagree with any law that manages the conduct of people outside of crimes such as violence and stealing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Theres no reason for it. I can't think of any benefits for adding such a law. It would damage the game industry and put companies such as Nintendo in a very shitty situation. Games help develop the brain, making you think about how you approach things and many games can help with communication skills, reading skills and problem solving.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'd support it. Kids shouldn't watch tv/play games anyway. It just breeds autism and other problems.
    Your location must be accurate if you really believe this.

After hearing the threats a bunch of 10-12 year olds make on COD, Swatting others and even getting some killed, because of a video game I kind of agree with this now. When I was growing up inthe 70s, and 80s the games we had were no portraying realistic violence . Now we have Virtual reality and 4k ultra realistic games. Maybe it is time to re-think this
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    This thread sure as hell is going to places.
    with your contributions I'm sure. Stay on topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taftvalue View Post
    i'd support it. Kids shouldn't watch tv/play games anyway. It just breeds autism and other problems.

troll alert troll alert beep beep beep epic troll alert

15+ Year Old Account
    You gave me a heart attack with that title, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    troll alert troll alert beep beep beep epic troll alert
    Please stay on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You gave me a heart attack with that title, dude.
    What is your stance? Care to elaborate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    Games help develop the brain, making you think about how you approach things and many games can help with communication skills, reading skills and problem solving.
    This is true in my case. Raiding in WoW helped me be a better professional in my career. Better time management skills. Better preparation skills. Better communication skills. Better teamwork skills. It taught me to respect my leadership. It taught me to respect those below me. It taught me to train people better. It gave me better skills at typing. It taught me better research skills.

Basically, it taught me many things one would learn in college while preparing for the business world, without having to pay a tuition.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Closing this down since things went off the rails pretty quickly. Please don't create threads if you only want to turn around and derail them.