Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    That's the problem, Everwake actually believes that shit.
    No lol. I'm not a conspiracy nut.

Deleted
    There's some seriously crazy people here that believe you can't pay people to do jobs. Maybe they think the USA runs on happy thoughts instead of crony capitalism.

LMAO!!
    Did you all check out that Haiti poster on the front door?
    “The US in Haiti! A century of domination and misery!” Kek...

At any rate, all the owner had to do was put up a 30.06/30.07 sign or whatever his state’s equivalent is and be done with it. There are hundreds of thousands of businesses with that sign here in Texas.
    It seems he was literally wanting trouble by putting a glaring sign up like that. It is funny that he added “western” chauvinists are not allowed. I supposed all other chauvinists are allowed, just not the western ones. And only “alt-right” trolls aren’t allowed, but “antifa” trolls are allowed.
    The sign is more or less pandering to liberals.
    It is his business and can do as he pleases as long as it is within the confines of the law. I am sure many a liberal will visit it now simply because of that sign and this incident. Well played sir... Well played...

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Almost. The other characteristic is that while they claim to be above party lines, they're arguments and ideas almost exclusively align with one party.

In other words, people who are trying to gain credibility by pretending to be impartial.
    Who are these people? You can't be impartial and be an Independent voter, just as you cannot put all these moderates in a box. People who are partial to something most definitely have opinions about it, and I don't know one Independent that does not have a political opinion.

One might be for gun control and pro life, while another might be pro 2nd Amendment and pro choice. Just like you might have someone who is for LGBT rights and does not believe in global warming, or someone that thinks marriage is only reserved between members of the opposite sex and understands that the window to prevent climate change has already closed.

I could register as a Republican like most of my White family or Democrat like most of my Korean-American family and follow party lines. But why do I have to subscribe to the notion that you are either all in for us or you are with them? Yeah, fuck that, I can think for my goddamned self. I can respect that you have your opinions, but I also have my own too and I won't be forced into agreeing with something, just as I don't want everyone to agree with me.

What needs to begin happening in this country is for people to understand and accept those differing opinions and start to compromise, if we are ever going to be able to constructively move forward together.

OT: Personally I don't understand why Captain 'Murica and GI Jane in that video don't go open up their own bookstore. Those two idiots seemed obsessed with her's enough that they are out there every day harassing people. IMO, that is a lot of wasted time and effort with nothing to show for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Quite frankly if you’re not with us you’re against us. Independent is just a codeword for fascist sympathizer too afraid of social consequences to be honest about it.
    Wow, now Bernie Sanders is a facist sympathizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Quite frankly if you’re not with us you’re against us. Independent is just a codeword for fascist sympathizer too afraid of social consequences to be honest about it.
    You have yet to use fascist in the proper context, anywhere in this entire thread. What, did you just see it pop up on one of your ANTIFA streams and decide it looked neat?

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I just find it amazing that America, the greatest country in the free world, has let themselves become slaves to the rich, the uneducated, the fascist, the conspiracy theorists, the gun hoarders...

Idiocracy is coming true. Yeah it’s fun to say it ironically and to move along with the conversation... but take a moment... stupid people, trump voters, ARE starting to outnumber the smart...

These stereotypes you make fun of on TV... those people run your country now. Trump made them aware of their numbers, made them realize the power of organization... i fear they may be unstoppable
    Gun Hoarders aren't the ones eating laundry soap.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Was mein kampf in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    To paraphrase Sean Connery in Indiana Jones, "maybe they should try reading books instead of burning them". A history book for starters.

Revolution Books in Berkeley becomes target for right-wing groups

BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Revolution Books in Berkeley has been the target of several right-wing groups that have protested in front of the store. This weekend, things escalated when a small group threatened to burn the place down.

In cellphone video, a man and a woman are seen and heard insulting Reiko Redmonde, one of the volunteers of the bookstore. " You are so ignorant. Commie scum, you commie scum we're going to burn down your book store, you know that."

Just your everyday Trump-supporters.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Gun Hoarders aren't the ones eating laundry soap.
    Then who are?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    LMAO!!
    Did you all check out that Haiti poster on the front door?
    “The US in Haiti! A century of domination and misery!” Kek...

At any rate, all the owner had to do was put up a 30.06/30.07 sign or whatever his state’s equivalent is and be done with it. There are hundreds of thousands of businesses with that sign here in Texas.
    It seems he was literally wanting trouble by putting a glaring sign up like that. It is funny that he added “western” chauvinists are not allowed. I supposed all other chauvinists are allowed, just not the western ones. And only “alt-right” trolls aren’t allowed, but “antifa” trolls are allowed.
    The sign is more or less pandering to liberals.
    It is his business and can do as he pleases as long as it is within the confines of the law. I am sure many a liberal will visit it now simply because of that sign and this incident. Well played sir... Well played...

Peace
    You need a bit of perspective. The bookstore has been around for a long time. When I was in Berkeley (1980 - 1987), it was already pretty well established. I usually reserved Friday afternoon to go bookstore hopping (Moe’s, Half-Price, Pegasus and Dark Carnival to name a few). Revolution is one of my regular stops.

The store has always been anti establishment as in anti corporation, anti Wall Street, anti religion, etc. So Trump is just one more aspect of the establishment that they profess to detest. It is part of the store identity. Think of it as a character. I get to know the store owner back then. Since I was working at Oracle at the time, he always called me a “Corporate Slave” while handing free cookies and late. He even let me picked a free book when I left the Bay Area for Colorado.

Back then, their used book section was pretty good also. I picked up an entire set of 28-volume Lone Wolf and Cub in Japanese for $7 per book. No, I don’t understand Japanese.

Uncle Jessie is pissed that rappers have more money than he does.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

When Antifa actually sets fires and causes property damage, the leftists are out here in full force defending it.

This seems to be just a couple of dumb random rednecks and a communist who have nothing better to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Uhm, can you make public arson threats like that w/o being visited by the authorities?
    Dat there is 'Murica, and the people making threats are white. Nothings going to happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    They think the entire establishment is bad. Not just Trump.
    True, but they were handing out stuff targeting Trump's administration specifically. And a fair number of Trump voters are also anti-establishment, that was a big factor in why they voted for him. Its just a different skew on anti-establishment, and given the protesters I would bank on the anti-Trump rhetoric in particular being the primary motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by marty096 View Post
    This seems to be just a couple of dumb random rednecks and a communist who have nothing better to do.
    In other words, a redneck and a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Revolution Books is still around? WTH, Moe's, Half-Price Books, Pegasus and Dark Carnival are all still around. How do they manage to stay in business in the age of Amazon.
    Cause people in Berkeley are super anti-corporatist and prefer smaller independent shops. It's the only place I've ever seen where every chain fast food place ended up closing. With the exception of that McDonalds on Shattuck, assuming they're still open.

Hell, even the Starbucks on Shattuck and Cedar was driven out and replaced by an independent coffee shop.

Though now that I'm thinking about that area, I'm starting to super miss Cheeseboard Pizza.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

These two are just red-blooded, freedom-loving Americans exercising their First Amendment rights. The real fascists are the ones who claim to be against fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    True, but they were handing out stuff targeting Trump's administration specifically. And a fair number of Trump voters are also anti-establishment, that was a big factor in why they voted for him. Its just a different skew on anti-establishment, and given the protesters I would bank on the anti-Trump rhetoric in particular being the primary motivator.

In other words, a redneck and a communist.
    While I was there, they were handing out anti-Reagan flyers on a regular basis. I don't remember anybody threatening to burn their store down over Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, I did say that I disagreed with their actions, which should be obvious the moment I spoke of extremism. Pointing out that the issue is on both side isn't me supporting one more than the other. But if you want to take the "if you're not with us, then you're with them" stance, go ahead.
    It is deflecting though...
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Cause people in Berkeley are super anti-corporatist and prefer smaller independent shops. It's the only place I've ever seen where every chain fast food place ended up closing. With the exception of that McDonalds on Shattuck, assuming they're still open.

Hell, even the Starbucks on Shattuck and Cedar was driven out and replaced by an independent coffee shop.

Though now that I'm thinking about that area, I'm starting to super miss Cheeseboard Pizza.
    I miss Chez Panisse.