Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Since allied races are basically subraces, there's no reason we couldn't have multiples of each type of race, such as adding Wildhammer Dwarves. I'd love to see more than one allied/sub race for every race in the game.
    I know, but still. Blizzard has easy options and high elves would've basically shut all of the Alliance players up and I'm pretty sure there'd be no complaints about Horde getting the better end in BfA. I'm not saying they won't happen, but even if they do, it would either come extremely late or would feel like a scam at this point meant to double-juice money out of all those people changing race.

Void elves are the reality though and Blizzard messed up royally by wasting the concept of a possible void class on blood elves, whereas they could've made both a void-based class and given the Alliance high elves(ie blood elves and high elves would have the void class available in the future or whatever).

5+ Year Old Account
    Ion Hazzikostas said: SPOILERS blood elves are high elves.... and void elves is another flavor of high elves.

source: The Greatest World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Interview Ever | Mei Cosplay Edition ,, Jesse's Cox interview on Blizzcon last year. Minute 18:18 exactly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Is it april 1st yet?
    gosh, just imagine now the possibility of they doing this as 1st joke, would be gorgeous

I'm not a fan but I commend you for the work done on the picture (if you did it).
    I just really am not a fan of the Silver Covenant, Vereesa, or adding even more elves to a game already bloated with them.
    Vanilla (high) elves are just bland and uninteresting in my opinion, which is why I think Blizzard took the bulk of them and added something evil and fel to make them interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Void elves are the reality though
    No reason you can't have both. Silver Covenant IS in the game. They're different things.

A void class would have been hard to make distinct from Shadow Priests (conceptually). Same problem we're dealing with on High Elves.

No reason you can't have both. Silver Covenant IS in the game. They're different things.

A void class would have been hard to make distinct from Shadow Priests (conceptually). Same problem we're dealing with on High Elves.
    I'm not saying there is reason not to have them, but I think it would cause a double layer of backlash as many people would feel scammed. Blizzardly needlessly overthought things, solved nothing and closed off many possibilities in one big swoop.

High elves and blood elves didn't need much differentiating to be a thing; this is a problem of perception that Blizzard has. Nightborne are extraordinarily similar to night elves; if appearance mattered this much, then the Nightborne should've been pale or white, because the void elves got the same treatment for the sake of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    I like these. Tattoos and new hair options are some of the main things they use to distinguish the races from their counterparts. Would love to also see eye color variants due to the lack of fel corruption, and a wider array of skin tones.
    Agreed. More eye colors besides blue is great. And more skin tones (perhaps more tanned ones because they don't have a city of their own).

5+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, but I also understand that Blizzard doesn't want to implement a new race unless it has something unique. The question is, would new hairstyles, the war paint, and the eye color be enough to justify this as a race? It seems on par with the Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain Tauren distinctions.
    Well considering it's almost impossible to tell the difference between a blood elf and void elf at 110 in full armor in a class hall.....

OP I'm really digging this!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I think it would cause a double layer of backlash as many people would feel scammed.
    That is a possibility. But if they started working on them today, they wouldn't be added until other new races were already in. I get the impression they plan to add these throughout the expansion, and maybe on into future ones. Reskinned subraces is fairly easy for Blizz to implement in mass compared to other features.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I don't like the hairstyles there, but I do like the idea of wild esque Tatooed High Elves
    Yeah, the 80's hair might be too much for some people, but it matched the concept art and was a quick way to have distinct hair. I'm sure Blizz could come up great designs for new hair that fit a theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, sure...it still isn't a "concept" to slap some MSPaint art on existing characters.....I mean...seriously? Hairstyle and Tattoos and that is that? Oh yeah, forgot eye colours and skin tones were mentioned. What are people doing? Admiring their idle animation of a toon on the log in screen? How is any of that even visible in game under armour? Is "hidden everything" the next request?
    I'm a little confused. Compared to Lightforged Draenei or Draenor Orcs, is there something more they need? The allied races are reskins of existing races.

That is a possibility. But if they started working on them today, they wouldn't be added until other new races were already in. I get the impression they plan to add these throughout the expansion, and maybe on into future ones. Reskinned subraces is fairly easy for Blizz to implement in mass compared to other features.
    I think they simply wanted to put an end to the high elf discussions. Things said by Ion, such as the high elves not having population centres to start from, are completely irrelevant, unless he wishes to contradict himself and void(pun intended) all logic because he literally greenlighted the addition of a completely inexisting race(made up of blood elves whose numbers are dim to begin with) that lives on a bunch of rocks in space, whereas the otherwise proposed counterparts have multiple hubs in Hinterlands, Outland and so on.

The reason why void elves are a problem is because it shows Blizzard won't shy away from making further shallow additions for both the Horde and the Alliance.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of the tattoos they keep adding to the allied races because you're not even going to see them with most armor equipped. And I was never a fan of the face paint that Trolls had.

Hahha, I really dig the tattoo's not so much the 80's hair in execution but the idea has potential, less in the teased and hairspray but in the messy way.

If Night elves aren't really using the cool savage ranger motif like they were supposed to have, give it back to high elves.

One day these threads will stop....
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Silver Covenant aren't a Race, they are a private military group.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the tattoos they keep adding to the allied races because you're not even going to see them with most armor equipped. And I was never a fan of the face paint that Trolls had.
    Allied races are reskins of existing races. Pretty much anything added to them (besides crazy horns like the Highmountain) will not be visible in full armor. Entirely new races take a lot of time and effort. I wouldn't expect those kinds of races as allied. Those would be whole new races, like ogres.

Reskins for now, and the Silver Covenant seems like a great candidate, easy to implement, and lots of demand for it.

5+ Year Old Account
    The only elves I'd be down to see added to the game, at this point, are Nerubian Slave Elves. Some relict tribe of elves that were captured during the ancient wars against the Old Gods and dragged down into the Darkness to become a form of Necromantic Elves. Set them up as "Basically Drow" and give them the Pale Orc/Geist crawl around the dark places of the world.

Not as an Allied Race, mind you. Just a new type of Elf for everyone to kill, together.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Silver Covenant aren't a Race, they are a private military group.
    True, the race would be High Elves/Quel'dorei. Silver Covenant would be the lore/existing faction that would be joining the Alliance.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Allied races are reskins of existing races. Pretty much anything added to them (besides crazy horns like the Highmountain) will not be visible in full armor. Entirely new races take a lot of time and effort. I wouldn't expect those kinds of races as allied. Those would be whole new races, like ogres.

Reskins for now, and the Silver Covenant seems like a great candidate, easy to implement, and lots of demand for it.
    Had Void Elves not been added, I think it definitely could have been a possibility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not Bad. In fact I think the customization for the High Elves looks really nice. If I only have one criticism it would be the goofy the hairstyle one with blue tattoo high elf and another would be the green tattoo high elf.

Other than that the Concept looks really nice.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD