Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    True, the race would be High Elves/Quel'dorei. Silver Covenant would be the lore/existing faction that would be joining the Alliance.
    There are Humans in the silver Covenant though. And they are loyal to Dalaran, which is a neutral nation.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    There are Humans in the silver Covenant though. And they are loyal to Dalaran, which is a neutral nation.
    Only like 2 right? A bartender or something? Surely the high elves of the Silver Covenant joining would confuse no one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think paint thing is not matching, neither hairstyles.

There may be a place for more subtle and refined face paint, like Alleria one, which is nothing of a sort of what was in Warcraft 2.

Warcraft 2 Elves were more of a slapdash thing from a more wild Blizzard days where lore was made on spot, things changed for the better since.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think paint thing is not matching, neither hairstyles.

There may be a place for more subtle and refined face paint, like Alleria one, which is nothing of a sort of what was in Warcraft 2.
    Braids and dreadlocks are possibility as well. Something distinct from the super model hair the blood elves have. I also love the idea of very short military style shaved hair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    gosh, just imagine now the possibility of they doing this as 1st joke, would be gorgeous
    They have designed things for the 1st before that are later actually used. I'd love to see an April 1st joke of High Elf designs to test the waters. That would be awesome! Great way to get feedback.

My god. Just how many High Elf fanatics are out there? Can Blizzard pull another Theramore on High Elves entirely or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Absolutely these are brilliant idea's. +1
    Thanks! Any ideas for unique elements they could have? The Quel'dorei mount from the Argent Tournament could be updated with a new model. Where do you think their home base should be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I admit, I actually really like the painted elf look from WC2. Runes, rangers, runestones, and sleek ships. Elves were quick and deadly, and not all about arcane mastery, but knowledge and skill borne from long lifespans and countless hours of practice. Bring that feel, and I'll support High Elves.
    What do you think they should do for their mount? How should their armor set be designed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klance View Post
    I like the tatoos but the hairstyles doesn't fit me.
    What new hairstyles do you think would work?

This was an idea I had for the High elves aswell, it'd be a enough good way to set them to be different in appearance to the Blood elves if they ever were an Alliance Allied Race. Maybe retcon a slight taller height and/or athletic build to them too and if needed, different standing stance.

Although if Blizzard ever went back to look at the customization for the original races, I'd like it if they also considered adding some blue/turquoise/purple/grey and perhaps gold eyed options for Belves to go with the future concept of the green eyes eventually wearing off at the presence of the Light purified Sunwell, and them practicing other schools of spell types in general.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    This is pretty much how high elves should, and hopefully will be introduced. Excellent renditions, but you could drop the crazy 80's hairdo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    wild Blizzard days where lore was made on spot
    That never stopped.

Would rather have this than void elves
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post
    This was an idea I had for the High elves aswell, it'd be a enough good way to set them to be different in appearance to the Blood elves if they ever were an Alliance Allied Race. Maybe retcon a slight taller height and/or athletic build to them too and if needed, different standing stance.

Although if Blizzard ever went back to look at the customization for the original races, I'd like it if they also considered adding some blue/turquoise/purple/grey and perhaps gold eyed options for Belves to go with the future concept of the green eyes eventually wearing off at the presence of the Light purified Sunwell, and them practicing other schools of spell types in general.
    I love the idea of a new standing animation. That would be distinct no matter what armor covered the character. New eye colors would be great. Love the ideas of gold and purple.

I like choices. And my limit for them is set incredibly high on RPGs. MMORPGs included. The more allied races, the better.

However, maybe some non-elves for the time being.

Good god no more elves please.

Yeah sure, let's give the Alliance another copy of the most popular Horde race, this time with more customization options than the original. That's just what this game needs /s.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I don't like the hairstyles there, but I do like the idea of wild esque Tatooed High Elves
    What are some hairstyles that you think could work? More wild designs seem to be the way to go.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think one of the main appeals of High Elves is the classic Legolas concept. Players want a traditional elf type that fights alongside humans and dwarves against orcs, trolls, and goblins. It's a core fantasy concept that has a lot of fans.
    I actually agree with this but the main problem is we've got too many elf concepts already and the 6 new races are not really new races at all & rather than make them 6 new playable races they should make them argunite-fel modifications instead, that way we could all choose a modification that makes us happy; and then actually introduce actual real new races that are either old NPC tunes we used to mob kill liek Saberons, Arakkoa Vulpera and Naga or totally new race concepts period. WoW is getting lazy with their creativity.

- - - Updated - - -

So far, the biggest roadblock to adding High Elves as an allied race seems to be their lack of distinction from Blood elves.....

High Elves are, by their nature, fundamentalists/traditionalists. These older designs highlight the survivalist, nomadic lifestyle the Silver Covenant has been forced to adopt. Blood Elves are pampered, high society types that rely heavily on magic. By contrast, the High Elves would seem more "primitive" or back to basics. Plus, all these design changes fit right in with established lore, as seen in the examples.

Heritage Armor: They could have something with a Ranger feel...
    My whole problem with high elves and the new races period is that none of them are actually really new races at all. & as you have correctly pointed out the contradiction between the high elves and the blood elves you've also shown why the high elf concept is just nothing new &
    totally boring as new concept because, your concept for the high, obviously the correct way to go... is not really disembarking for the original night elves which well the Illidari Demon hunters were introduced to make Elven culture less boring right... so... why go back to the same old same old with a new spin. We need ACTUAL NEW RACES, not old toons with new spins. Blizzard could just add all of the above as race modifiers in the barber shop... like transmogrification or something... LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Panderan are totally different from other races...
    Well they're not totally different from Worgen or Tauren as they are humanoids that are half based on existing earth animals. Different kind of animal but still an animagus concept.

7+ Year Old Account
    The ship has sailed, it's pretty much impossible to justify having Blood Elves, Void Elves and High Elves. Blizzard had an opportunity to add High Elves as an allied race, a better opportunity than ever before and they chose to create Void Elves instead. I don't agree with it at all, but they made their decision. For the record I have the same problems with Wildhammer Dwarves, though they could relatively easily be added with Dwarf character customization modernizing (aka fixing the fact that the pre-MoP races [and DKs] have MUCH less customizations than modern ones).

Quote Originally Posted by NoahWeaver View Post
    We need ACTUAL NEW RACES, not old toons with new spins.
    It sounds like your beef has nothing to do with High Elves. You dislike the idea of allied races and wish we had gotten two new races this xpac instead. For this thread, I'd love to discuss how the designs for Silver Covenant High Elves can be perfected/improved.

Tell you waht you can have a silver covenant allied race, but it's about Vereesa and Sylvannas reconciling and them joining the Horde alongside the blood elves, how about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    How about this allied race: "High elves will never be playable on alliance"aren ?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    your never getting high elfs move on.