Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Net worth revealed

Even after spending some of that on years of legal fees—Shkreli was convicted last summer on three counts of fraud relating to his former investment firm MSMB Capital—Shkreli still has plenty in the bank, federal prosecutors showed. That’s why, prosecutors argued, Shkreli should have no trouble paying the nearly $7.4 million in assets the judge ordered Shkreli to forfeit this week, including the Wu-Tang album, a Picasso painting, and the $5 million he still has left in that E*Trade account.
    Indeed, those assets make up just a fraction of Shkreli’s overall wealth: Martin Shkreli’s net worth is more than $27.1 million, according to court filings leading up to his sentencing. And Shkreli’s worth that much even after accounting for “outstanding federal and state tax liabilities, judgments and legal fees,” the legal documents showed.
    “It is not in dispute that he has the ability to pay a fine, nor has he demonstrated that the payment of a fine would be a burden,” federal prosecutors said in their recommendation for Shkreli’s sentencing earlier this week. “Indeed, Shkreli’s pre-trial claims of impoverishment—in a gambit to lower his bail in the spring of 2016—were finally put to rest,” they added.

10+ Year Old Account
    His prison cell will be nicer than where most of you live currently lol
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

He won't live long.

So much sad truths in this thread.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Splendiforous.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only 7? Shoulda been 10 at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Off topic, love your quote from Martin Luther King. How do we get those to show in a separate part of our posts without posting them each time we post?
    You mean.. a signature?
    Not sure if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    This.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He won't live long.
    A rich guy in a white collar prison? He'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Most of you are pissed off at him for exploiting everyday working people by raising the price of a life-saving drug to exorbitant levels, but he went to prison for defrauding rich people. Pharmaceutical costs are still exorbitant; he was just more blatant than most by raising prices so quickly.

Justice still hasn't been served and he was just the fall guy for a big corrupt industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Maybe he will be humbled by the experience and come out a better person. I read that a journalist has been his pen pal in prison, and that Shkreli has been a mentor to prisoners there, which is a good thing, hopefully he continues to do that.
    It's just an act to secure sympathy from the judge: "Oh look how I am reformed in prison".

He will just drop the act as soon as the sentencing is final, mark my words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    A rich guy in a white collar prison? He'll be fine.
    Pretty much, since he's probably already bribed whoever he has to interact with on a daily basis.

Rich people enjoy vacation-like treatment in prisons.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7 years and 7 million?
    A small price to pay for the fortunes he acquired.
    You all care a lot more than he does. You've got your pitchforks and he's got a hundred million dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Shkreli already has been ordered to forfeit almost $7.4 million, and give up his ownership of a one-of-a-kind Wu-Tang Clan album because of his crimes.
    Hell yeah, fuck this scum bag. I want my wu-tang album! Whats the current bid on it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    So when's the Wu-Tang album getting leaked? Been ages since I've heard anything new outta them.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Federal is as good as it gets. He'll be fine.

A sentence of 7 years is far too soft.

A more appropriate sentence would be 70 years in solitary confinement with no bleeding-heart pussy-whipped shit like parole, remand, visiting hours, or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Rich people enjoy vacation-like treatment in prisons.
    Not true. A rich man sent to state prison would not get preferential treatment. In fact, since they're likely to go into protective custody, their incarceration would be very rough. Safe, but rough.

A rich man in federal prison gets the same good conditions as a poor man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    "He has the potential to do good," Brafman argued, citing Shkreli's intellectual brilliance and altruism toward others less fortunate than himself.
    Bull fucking shit. The guy raised the price of a medication by five thousand percent.

I hope he learns from his mistakes and becomes a decent human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage89 View Post
    I hope he learns from his mistakes and becomes a decent human being.
    I hope he fucken dies in prison for what he did. No remorse!