Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    the primary benefit of the belt is that you can drop your crit for vers and mastery.
    Unfortunately, while what you said is somewhat true (I wouldnt underestimate the value of mobility for some fights) -- its still problematic thematically/mechanically because Fire is really built around Hot Streaks / wanting and embracing crit - and im not sure I like the design of having talents piss against this on such large chunks of the encounter.

I like the suggestion I posted earlier, in that a new baseline spell given to Fire Mages which basically converts crit rating to mastery rating any time a spell is cast that is a guaranteed crit, for that cast. (Like Combustion already does, but expanded and further extended to apply to: Pyromaniac, Searing Touch, Pyroclasm, Phoenix' Flames etc)
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2018-03-08 at 09:50 AM.

Fire without stuff like Bracers or even PF would be so soul crushingly boring to play that I welcome them keeping it around. The only question is whether those things should be baseline or talents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i love getting an execute
    We have HAD an execute since TBC and for the life of me I can't figure out why they took it away.
    BfA Beta Time

I am simply not a fan of the Legendary bracer proc, too much RNG. I'd much rather see it have a charge and cooldown system, say 2 charges with a xx cooldown. Then they can properly balance the talent.

Currently you pray for RNGesus, but mostly get RNGhity.

Concur with sentiment they should have added another talent tier.

Am a fan of the 30% scorcth staying. Do enjoy Phoenix Flames concept too.

Its crappy design....phoenix flame is on the same tier as flame on. Without flame on the spec is pretty clunky as it is. Add to that no kindling because the bracer proc talent is mandatory. Its obviously just alpha but I don't like this initial direction at all. I just got alpha so I'm gonna be pushing this issue hard on the official forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Concur with sentiment they should have added another talent tier.
    I actually had no idea they didn't add one moving into Legion and was thrown off when I got the game. Felt odd, but I guess with Artifacts and only 10 levels it wasn't too noticeable. However, now there are 20 levels where you don't get anything from leveling up your character. That seems a bit too much.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    This is great and welcome news! The fire bracer proc is a lot of fun. And the scorch one too!

Yes - they need to be aware of andor some of the procs kinks and maybe tweak numbers/% if needed (fire could be OP sometimes with strong procs and meh without em etc), but I welcome having the fire bracer proc continue into BFA in some form, whether its a talent or baseline.
    The scorch one is very fun, it's reliable. Fire bracers are fun on some pulls, and not fun at all when you're 2 minutes into a fight and still haven't gotten a proc, and end that pull with 2 procs total.

It would be cool if the fire bracer talent was on the same row as dragon's breath helm, so that you could have a meaningful swap tier situationaly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    The scorch one is very fun, it's reliable. Fire bracers are fun on some pulls, and not fun at all when you're 2 minutes into a fight and still haven't gotten a proc, and end that pull with 2 procs total.

It would be cool if the fire bracer talent was on the same row as dragon's breath helm, so that you could have a meaningful swap tier situationaly.
    That would atleast make the talent tier interesting.
    Right now the 100 talent tier is literally 3 single target talents, except one has the benefit of potentially giving you insane cleave through dot spread and a potentially insane opener. It's a dead talent tier because we'll effectively only choose Pyroclasm.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post

I'm sure (or at least hope) they are going to add a RPPM to it for better balance. Some of the other talents like these on other specs are RPPM but not listed on tooltip yet.

I hope the Dragons Breath helm legendary effect comes back in some form. It turns DB into a really satisfying spell to use, a badass aoe cooldown for both damage and range, basically a guaranteed stronger-than-pyro crit on everything. Especially when questing and mythics. Managing its huge range and aoe takes some planning and care, but thats a fine opportunity cost to have.

I agree with previous posts: The DB helm effect might be better suited on a row against bracer proc, choosing aoe vs single target. The DB helm is going to be more niche and situational, but thats ok. Id love it if Alexstraszas Fury moved to last row and legendary effect was rolled into it:

AOE = Alexstraszas Fury: Increases damage and range of Dragons Breath by 100%. Dragons Breath is now a guaranteed critical strike and will contribute to Hot Streak.

vs

ST = Pyroclasm: Legendary Bracer Proc

vs

(meteor or kindling)

Move it to the top talent row and put it up against Pyroclasm.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2018-03-09 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    The extra damage is nice, but having 100% mobility for ~30% of a fight is crazy good.
    thinking about the talent its pretty clear why they got rid of controlled burn too which is super annoying but anyways the speed buff is super good and im wondering if that in itself will make fire top spec again

Deleted
    Ugh.. can't they think of something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Plixo View Post
    Ugh.. can't they think of something new?
    I get the feeling that's what the legendaries were. A way to float a ton of new ideas out. Then they find the couple that end up working. As in make the rotation interesting and maybe just a bit more fun. Now that shit is getting dumped into the tree. This next expansion will likely do the same with a couple dozen things in some manner.

Its a way to introduce things without being committed completely to it.

Am i the only one deeply dissapointed to find 3 of our abilites spread out as talents? That means we lost another 3 abilites regardless of what we choose.
    currently we can enjoy both firestarter+ scorch belt, flame on+phenoix flames and pyro proc+whatever 100 talent we like.
    IN bfa we lose 3 of the above mentioned talents. What a great design... i wish they whould stop pruning abilities every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I get the feeling that's what the legendaries were. A way to float a ton of new ideas out. Then they find the couple that end up working. As in make the rotation interesting and maybe just a bit more fun. Now that shit is getting dumped into the tree. This next expansion will likely do the same with a couple dozen things in some manner.

Its a way to introduce things without being committed completely to it.
    While I am sure you are correct in the "float these ideas, see what sticks"... fire bracers are SHITASTIC, only reason they are used is because w/o them your ST DPS has zero chance. DB Helm effect has no RNG and is much more enjoyable than the bracer "pray for proc" model.

While I am sure you are correct in the "float these ideas, see what sticks"... fire bracers are SHITASTIC, only reason they are used is because w/o them your ST DPS has zero chance. DB Helm effect has no RNG and is much more enjoyable than the bracer "pray for proc" model.
    I wasnt saying it was good or bad. I said it struck. But I hope you feel better.

I love the fire bracers proc. Yes, there's times where you feel OP and times where no procs feels terrible, those are the extremes.

But the idea of *occasionally* having to hard cast a full pyroblast , and hitting bloody hard with it , is great. Helps mix up the rotation a little now and then. They need to update the UI (or its visual aura effect like hot streak) for players who dont use weakauras or similar though -when they introduce it to all mages.

My biggest complaint with the current state of alpha fire is:

- I DONT like having to choose between Flame On vs ANYTHING. Flame On, especially at the start of an expansion when crit % is naturally lower, feels too important to have *just* to keep the spec flowing well and feeling fun. Its like asking me to choose between Shimmer VS ANYTHING - I dont like doing it and I dont feel good doing it either.
    - I WANT the Dragonsbreath helm effect to carry on to Legion. Its a fantastic fun effect. Id suggest rolling it into Alexstraszas fury.
    - ID LIKE the last talent tier talents to be rearranged to be Dragonsbreath helm (aoe) vs Bracer proc (active ST) vs kindling (passive ST). instead of just st vs st vs st.
    - I love Cauterizing Blink as a small self heal effect, and would love to see it continue in some form (rolled into another talent would be fine - maybe the one that gives a blazing barrier when casting blink).

Overall it feels like we're moving in the right direction so far, because the talents exist and are there - ready to be scrutinized in placement and balance etc - and even discuss whether they should be made baseline and not even be a talent. Now we just need to push them to tweak and push things around a little and consider what should be talent vs baseline.

Basically: We're off to a promising start, and just need to keep providing solid feedback and hopefully push Blizz in a good direction.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2018-03-13 at 09:09 AM.

Deleted
    Hardcast Pyro was really cool, I agree. It was nice to have a proc that you actually have to incorporate in your rotation and it fit the fire fantasy very well. They should scale the spell to be three times as big as well, that would look cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i feel like this bracer mechanic should be baseline. Not because of its damage output, but because of gameplay. Without it it's just kinda boring, i love having to make this choice if i'm going to stand there for 3,5 investing into this huge cast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Honestly, i feel like this bracer mechanic should be baseline. Not because of its damage output, but because of gameplay. Without it it's just kinda boring, i love having to make this choice if i'm going to stand there for 3,5 investing into this huge cast
    Honestly wish they would cave just this once and give each class their crucial perks from Artifact weapons as leveling bonuses from 110-120. When you ding 111, your Hot Streak gains the chance to increase the damage of the next cast time Pyroblast. 112 can be Flame On and so forth. Make the things that became mandatory baseline, not options.
    BfA Beta Time