Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does Nathanos have sucha hardon for sylvanas?

I really know nothing about the guy

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nathanos_Blightcaller

Here's a good place to start.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    generic-cliche-human-boner-for-elves-ala-tolkien

He is a representation of the majority of undead players.

Each of the Windrunner sisters has a human they're into. Nathanos is Sylvanas'
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Nobody seems to do it right in comparison to Tolkien though lol. An Elf that lives for 1000s of years will just be broken falling for a Human after they die. Arwen giving up her immortality was known from the start, allowing her and Aragon to fall in love in a sensical fashion.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-03-10 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Why does Nathanos have sucha hardon for sylvanas?
    Its nothing compared to Sylvanas's fan base here !

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Ironically the implication is that Sylvanas wants him, rather than the usual trope. And I mean look at this beard. Who wouldn't want a piece of that?

Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Ironically the implication is that Sylvanas wants him, rather than the usual trope. And I mean look at this beard. Who wouldn't want a piece of that?

The Windrunner sisters are humiphiles.

Allera went with a human paladin, Vereesa a human mage, nd Sylvanas was going for the first human ranger.

Nathanos is obsessed with her because she is obsessed with him, and she got him a fresh body.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember ending him in EPL so maybe because he's as difficult to kill as Sylvanas?
    His recent makeover probably has something to do with it!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Ironically the implication is that Sylvanas wants him, rather than the usual trope.
    the feeling is reciprocal

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Nobody seems to do it right in comparison to Tolkien though lol. An Elf that lives for 1000s of years will just be broken falling for a Human after they die.
    for me every kind of relationship like this is degenerate anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    He is a rage filled soul wearing his cousin's body as meat suit so he can wear your entrails as a necklace....other than that he's Sylvanas's butt boy.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Because he knows he has a shot because her last name is Windrunner.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Threads like these need Dartz IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I really know nothing about the guy
    - When they were both alive, they trained as rangers for Silvermoon
    - - Medium to heavy implications they were also lovers
    - - - Scourge comes, kills everything, including Sylvanas and Nathanos
    - - - - Fast forward to around current times, Sylvanas and the Forsaken break free from the Lich King, she makes Nathanos her champion
    - - - - - Fast forward even more to Legion, Sylvanas puts Nathanos through a ritual to "make him stronger" and turn him into what he looks like now, random dark ranger then implies to Nathanos that Sylvanas has "deeper" feelings for him, he dismisses it because... well he's single minded probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Actually, it seems like Sylvanas is the one having a massive hardon for Nathanos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Seems like Alleria has the best taste in men. Turalyon is at least handsome. He looks like Mads Mikkelsen. So I'm not sure if we should count him on the generic Elf-Human Relationship trope because other than normal examples of it, Turalyon looks indeed better than the elven men.

Its also my theory why the Lightforged made him their leader. All of them are hugh Mads Mikkelsen Fans and Turalyon doesn't wants to crush their joy and plays along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Seems like Alleria has the best taste in men. Turalyon is at least handsome. He looks like Mads Mikkelsen. So I'm not sure if we should count him on the generic Elf-Human Relationship trope because other than normal examples of it, Turalyon looks indeed better than the elven men.

Its also my theory why the Lightforged made him their leader. All of them are hugh Mads Mikkelsen Fans and Turalyon doesn't wants to crush their joy and plays along.
    I'd say on the contrary, one could argue that Turaylon and Alleria's relationship could possibly even be worse than Rhonin and Vereesa's. He was the insecure nice guy that always doubted himself but was also told how great he was and then banged the hot chick /elf. Atleast now they can't touch each other.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I'd say on the contrary, one could argue that Turaylon and Alleria's relationship could possibly even be worse than Rhonin and Vereesa's. He was the insecure nice guy that always doubted himself but was also told how great he was and then banged the hot chick /elf. Atleast now they can't touch each other.
    Yeah, but he's more attractive than Alleria. I mean, she is cute and stuff, but she can't compete with Mads Mikkelsen.

But seriously, I feel like differently from Rhonin and Vereesa, Turalyon and Alleria were at least well written characters in their novels and had an interesting relationship. Its a shame they didn't kept Aaron Rosenberg, he was in my opinion the best, together with the early Christie Golden before Lichking.

With Nathanos and Sylvanas I feel like its kinda shoehorned randomy, considering that Nathanos had no big role between Classic and Legion and that I don't find romantic relationships with Undeads fitting. I hope it will prove to be a more twisted and platonic relationship rather than something romantic. We would have needed more interactions between them in the game or in novels.

Because Thrall, Jainna and Kalecgos were already crapped on with boring romance stories, why not Sylvannas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Yeah, but he's more attractive than Alleria. I mean, she is cute and stuff, but she can't compete with Mads Mikkelsen.

But seriously, I feel like differently from Rhonin and Vereesa, Turalyon and Alleria were at least well written characters in their novels and had an interesting relationship. Its a shame they didn't kept Aaron Rosenberg, he was in my opinion the best, together with the early Christie Golden before Lichking.

With Nathanos and Sylvanas I feel like its kinda shoehorned randomy, considering that Nathanos had no big role between Classic and Legion and that I don't find romantic relationships with Undeads fitting. I hope it will prove to be a more twisted and platonic relationship rather than something romantic. We would have needed more interactions between them in the game or in novels.
    The only good thing that came of of confirming Nathanos and Sylvanas having a relationship is that it never went anywhere, and they can (try to) play off the agony of what could have been etc.

I used to think Turalyon was written well, but after re-reading I really don't think that. He was the guy that felt bad about himself but was constantly told how good he was. Their relationship was better before they retconned in another crappy half elf

as for looking like Mikkelsen, I'll be imaging Turalyon eating people now.

Lor'themar and Sylvanas would have been a better romance, especially since they seem to close to hating eachother now.
    Holy shit lol