Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    All I can say,

Good. I'm tired of seeing people bum rush lower content and not learning their class basics.

Harder tuned dungeons are a pain for those of us who have been there done that, but its a good thing for new players to see; ignoring mechanics and roles has consequences
    I agree but the balance is off, between BC, Wotlk, Cataclysm and MoP and finally WoD and Legion normal dungeons are all over the place in terms of difficulty. Cataclysm arguably being the hardest normal dungeons at the moment at level 80-90 which should be addressed by lowering difficulty in there while making it harder in WoD and Legion dungeons.

Probably need to wait and see how the stats squish handles the dungeons. Not gonna expect a hotfix before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I agree, but content that nobody does is useless content. I have to wait, no matter if tank or DPS, quite a lot because nobody likes to do them. 20-79 I easily got dungeons within 10 minutes. Then it went up by 300%, average time minimum 30mins or more. If you like leveling through dungeons the 80-90 experience is crap compared to the other level ranges, it doesn't need to be like that, does it? It also makes no sense that 80-90 (in particular cataclysm) is harder than 90-110 normal dungeons, does it?
    Can you call it useless content if you need to do it to level up? Imho there's no such thing as useless content.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I still love how people come to this thread pointing out how all the instances are just pull everything and aoe. The people who obviously haven't either touched the 7.3.5 content on their alts or never gotten past vanilla dungeons. Because these problems still dont have shit to do with mechanics its just pure tuning. Vanilla dungeons are still breeze, the lower the lvl the easier they are. Stupid pulls can wipe you in +50 content already but they are nothing compared to the random cata dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I still love how people come to this thread pointing out how all the instances are just pull everything and aoe. The people who obviously haven't either touched the 7.3.5 content on their alts or never gotten past vanilla dungeons. Because these problems still dont have shit to do with mechanics its just pure tuning. Vanilla dungeons are still breeze, the lower the lvl the easier they are. Stupid pulls can wipe you in +50 content already but they are nothing compared to the random cata dungeons.
    It is mechanics I know because I've done them all in 7.3.5 with a blood DK. You and your group being noob to the mechanics is what makes it fail, sure they are more difficult than the other dungeons but it is 100% mechanical issue not tuning. I'm not saying it's necessary or even right in a fucking leveling dungeon with rtard pugs but that's the facts.

The lower lvl dungeon the easier they are wow who would've thought. Then again, the balance goes assbackwards eventually haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    It is mechanics I know because I've done them all in 7.3.5 with a blood DK. You and your group being noob to the mechanics is what makes it fail, sure they are more difficult than the other dungeons but it is 100% mechanical issue not tuning. I'm not saying it's necessary or even right in a fucking leveling dungeon with rtard pugs but that's the facts.

The lower lvl dungeon the easier they are wow who would've thought. Then again, the balance goes assbackwards eventually haha.
    Yeah sure you did. I believe you. Now go up your post count somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure you did. I believe you. Now go up your post count somewhere else.
    ??? Are you saying you're so bad at this game you cannot complete cata dungeons? lmfao I think I'll stay here and up my post count while laughing at you scrub.

??? Are you saying you're so bad at this game you cannot complete cata dungeons? lmfao I think I'll stay here and up my post count while laughing at you scrub.
    No I'm saying you are talking out of your ass since you cant tell the difference between mechanics and simple dmg taken compared to healer output issue. It doesn't have anything to do with the game about you being pathological liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I'm saying you are talking out of your ass since you cant tell the difference between mechanics and simple dmg taken compared to healer output issue. It doesn't have anything to do with the game about you being pathological liar.
    How am I a liar? I tanked them recently while leveling on a blood DK and it was fine.. I noticed a lot of dps were dying to mechanics, that's it.

It is funny how you resort to calling me a liar because *gasp* it's clearly not possible that you and/or your party are either bad at the game or don't know what to do. It has NOTHING to do with scaling broskie, they are fine, just mechanic heavy. Sorry :*(

I even admitted they are a bitch with pug but that don't change the facts.

How am I a liar? I tanked them recently while leveling on a blood DK and it was fine.. I noticed a lot of dps were dying to mechanics, that's it.

It is funny how you resort to calling me a liar because *gasp* it's clearly not possible that you and/or your party are either bad at the game or don't know what to do. It has NOTHING to do with scaling broskie, they are fine, just mechanic heavy. Sorry :*(
    Aren't you the one who is constantly bashing me since you cant actually have any other argument? btw who ever said anything about not being able to complete the instance? I'm calling you a liar since you said you played a tank and you didn't even notice any difference in the dmg output of the mobs in cataclysm instances. I levelled both healer and tank through these instances and the difference is huge. You are either stupid or lying. I'm saying lying because if you were stupid you wouldn't prolly be playing this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't you the one who is constantly bashing me since you cant actually have any other argument? btw who ever said anything about not being able to complete the instance? I'm calling you a liar since you said you played a tank and you didn't even notice any difference in the dmg output of the mobs in cataclysm instances. I levelled both healer and tank through these instances and the difference is huge. You are either stupid or lying. I'm saying lying because if you were stupid you wouldn't prolly be playing this game.
    Uhh no I never bashed you before I don't even know you but I should probably start because you seem pretty dumb and fun to play with. Of course dungeons are tuned higher at higher level.. holy shit am I being trolled? Haha wtf you said the difficulty (problems, to be specific) had nothing to do with mechanics, I was arguing against that. DERP A DERP HERP DERP DURR DURR A HURR DURR.

Uhh no I never bashed you before I don't even know you but I should probably start because you seem pretty dumb and fun to play with. Of course dungeons are tuned higher at higher level.. holy shit am I being trolled? Haha wtf you said the difficulty (problems, to be specific) had nothing to do with mechanics, I was arguing against that. DERP A DERP HERP DERP DURR DURR A HURR DURR.
    So now you are just trolling, ok bye.

I think this is great for the game. The devs can leave things as they are and see how players end up handling dungeons, if participation ends up being too low then they can either increase rewards (well, exp gain) for a higher incentive or simply nerf them back to faceroll content if all goes to shit.

Deleted
    Having JUST finished leveling a Paladin, I couldn't disagree more.
    The Dungeons in that level bracket were the most fun I had.
    The Cataclysm dungeons were a good challenge, and the Pandaria ones were just very nicely balanced.
    You actually had to play the mechanics and not over-pull and it was fine. I both tanked and healed them with little prior experience, having played Ret all the way until that point.
    It's the same "problem" we had when Cataclysm was out, people were used to just rolling through the Lich King dungeons while overgeared to the wazoo, and then you got a reality check going into the next expansion.

Deleted
    Its not all just mechanics. The Throne of Tides, that earthcaller boss with the squid on his head seemed to be actually impossbile.

Group wasnt bad, all mechanics for bosses before were followed and noone died.. till this fucker starts firing instant lava bursts that were hitting tank for 90% of their hp.

Not really an avoidable mechanic and killed our run stone cold after something like 8 attempts.

Cataclysm was designed around frustratingly hard 5 man content after an expansion of face-roll WotLK dungeons.

IMO, specific queue for MoP dungeons (perhaps excepting the Mantid dungeons) and avoid Cataclysm's dungeons like the plague. If you really want to run them, figure out which ones have mechanics that are feasible and which have mechanics that will destroy newbies. Grim Batol for instance is a good example of a dungeon to avoid like the plague. If you have a group that is at least in intelligent enough to not stand in the third boss's instant kill AOE (and not stand in the bad in general), Stonecore is okay. Etc.

I haven't run these dungeons since the leveling changes as current content, but I readily remember which ones gave me the most trouble when they were current. MoP has the more boring dungeons (in my biased opinion), but they easier by far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vazruden View Post
    Its not all just mechanics. The Throne of Tides, that earthcaller boss with the squid on his head seemed to be actually impossbile.

Group wasnt bad, all mechanics for bosses before were followed and noone died.. till this fucker starts firing instant lava bursts that were hitting tank for 90% of their hp.

Not really an avoidable mechanic and killed our run stone cold after something like 8 attempts.
    Fortunately that boss is optional, but the example you are giving is just another case where Blizzard overtuned certain content and never bothered to fix it. If you get stuck in that dungeon, recommend to your party to skip that boss unless you know for a fact your party is top notch and the tank knows how to take that lava burst (spell reflect, defensive cooldowns, etc). If you can get past the first phase, the rest of that boss fight should be easy.

you absolutely have to do mechanics in them or you are more often than not wiping
    doesnt seem like a disaster to me

Generally, haven't had a problem with those dungeons.

This time around, leveling, I am using "specific dungeon" .. you could set all of them manually but de-select the ones that are causing the biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aritra View Post
    Having JUST finished leveling a Paladin, I couldn't disagree more.
    The Dungeons in that level bracket were the most fun I had.
    The Cataclysm dungeons were a good challenge, and the Pandaria ones were just very nicely balanced.
    You actually had to play the mechanics and not over-pull and it was fine. I both tanked and healed them with little prior experience, having played Ret all the way until that point.
    It's the same "problem" we had when Cataclysm was out, people were used to just rolling through the Lich King dungeons while overgeared to the wazoo, and then you got a reality check going into the next expansion.
    I feel basically the same about them now as I did then. I enjoyed the challenge, but I don't enjoy dealing with players who aren't interested in learning. And quite frankly, the dungeons were easy when you were leveling, they were just hard as heroics. It very much sounds like the dungeons are harder now than they were during Cataclysm itself, and I doubt Blizzard intended to overtune them that badly... more likely, they just aren't bothering to fix them.

As the person I quote previously mentioned, there are certain fights that are just broken as well. Cataclysm's content doesn't merely require you to play well, in many cases, it requires you to play perfectly. Leveling dungeons being challenging is okay, leveling dungeons requiring mastery that a casual player leveling an alt almost certainly doesn't possess is kind of unreasonable IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Generally, haven't had a problem with those dungeons.

This time around, leveling, I am using "specific dungeon" .. you could set all of them manually but de-select the ones that are causing the biggest problem.
    Ultimately this is the best solution. Especially since it's primarily the Cataclysm dungeons that are bad. Pick and choose the ones that don't give you problems and you'll end up getting through it okay. Not every dungeon is equally broken, fortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    All I can say,

Good. I'm tired of seeing people bum rush lower content and not learning their class basics.

Harder tuned dungeons are a pain for those of us who have been there done that, but its a good thing for new players to see; ignoring mechanics and roles has consequences
    I remember people saying this shit in Cataclysm, too. Then everyone started quitting in droves, and people didn't really improve substantially. You just had to do far more to make up for the bad players.

You can't force bad players to play well, all you are going to end up doing is giving the players that are actually trying a harder and more frustrating time. And here I thought Blizzard would have learned that by now.

It's not like this is a black and white issue. Blizzard can make mechanics relevant without instantly wiping parties if they failed to juggle them perfectly. They seem to have managed this well in some cases in the leveling experience, and far more poorly in others (Cataclysm content being the biggest offender by far). These are leveling 5 man dungeons, not mythic+15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I have been leveling quite a lot through dungeons from 20-110 (to get all heritage armor) and the worst dungeons are by far 80-90, namely MoP and Cataclysm dungeons. The people can't handle them, you absolutely have to do mechanics in them or you are more often than not wiping. Healers not dispelling, tanks not moving boss or moving out of a lethal mechanic resulting in wipes. I really enjoy the dungeons but almost nobody does them, I am sitting in queue for up to 1 hour to get a dungeon, even as tank (waited 40 minutes on my pally tank).

Has Blizz overtuned MoP and Cata dungeons or are people generally still unaware that you have to do mechanics since the overhaul? It's funny and frustrating at the same time. Instead of dispelling a 30s debuff that ticks for 4k each second the healer rather heals through it and lets the tank die, when I ask why he/she didn't dispel I get no answer. Blizzard has really built a game where most are absolute unable to do basic things by now. :/
    And for me, 82-100 were some of the quickest, easiest levels on my void elf. In case you miss the point: anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

Whats with all you people on MMO who confuse your limited personal experiences with the state of the game?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Hey, I have been leveling quite a lot through dungeons from 20-110 (to get all heritage armor) and the worst dungeons are by far 80-90, namely MoP and Cataclysm dungeons. The people can't handle them, you absolutely have to do mechanics in them or you are more often than not wiping. Healers not dispelling, tanks not moving boss or moving out of a lethal mechanic resulting in wipes. I really enjoy the dungeons but almost nobody does them, I am sitting in queue for up to 1 hour to get a dungeon, even as tank (waited 40 minutes on my pally tank).

Has Blizz overtuned MoP and Cata dungeons or are people generally still unaware that you have to do mechanics since the overhaul? It's funny and frustrating at the same time. Instead of dispelling a 30s debuff that ticks for 4k each second the healer rather heals through it and lets the tank die, when I ask why he/she didn't dispel I get no answer. Blizzard has really built a game where most are absolute unable to do basic things by now. :/
    I thought that the recent levelling changes meant that this was what was supposed to happen, for ALL dungeons. And also that levelling via dungeons was not a much better/faster method than world questing.