Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Posting because a 110 warlock can't kill a level 86 mage.
    I coul kill him, i did, alot, but that still causes me to lose.
    in 1v1 is is impossible to win as attacker, even if the defender is level 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Little late on the response, but I always hated Tol Barad for this very reason. Taking Tol Barad -- especially with a lack of players, which is always the case now -- is horrible.

You can literally have the entire defensive team turtle at one node and win if you have enough people to recover in 30 seconds. Even if you managed to wipe them out, if they rush another node together, chances are they will be taking it back before you can do anything about it.

And a smart defensive team will move from node to node, you will never be able to push on the last node because they'll be taking another.

I mean let's be real here. How often do you see AB 5 capped, Gilneas 3 capped, etc and so forth? You can't just play well to win in Tol Barad, you have to absolutely dominate them to win as offense. And the shit with the siege engine and towers makes me extra salty -- because all that does is increase the time limit you have to win. Sure, it can help... in theory. But more likely it's a wasteful effort. If the other team is wiping out yours, an extra 10 minutes or however much time it gives you won't make a difference, lol.

In fact, taking out the sieges isn't even hard, it's rarely done because of how meaningless it is. The only advantage to taking them out as defense is literally making the game drag on for less time.

Taking out the towers should (should have, I should say, because Tol Barad will never be 'fixed' at this point) give offense an edge so that they are at an advantage in attacking making defense have to try to defend them or suffer a consequence. Additional stats is one possible bonus, but I'd like if it made it so you only needed to hold 2 to win as offense if you take out all the towers. This will make it so the defensive players can't just sit on their ass on one node and win effortlessly, but instead need to branch out a bit.

And heck, this is just one suggestion... there are plenty of things Tol Barad could do to be more interactive and give offensive players a reasonable chance of winning if they play well. There are plenty of ways to improve Tol Barad, the simply fact is that as it is now, if you have two evenly skilled teams, defense will win 100% of the time if they are both playing well.

In short, yes, Tol Barad sucks, and I feel really sorry that you have to deal with this garbage for the mount. I wish you luck. At least you can get it without those extra dailies... it just will take a little longer, is all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I coul kill him, i did, alot, but that still causes me to lose.
    in 1v1 is is impossible to win as attacker, even if the defender is level 1.
    The sad irony is that if you had ~5 level 1s, they'd literally win effortlessly against a single level 110. Simply because they just need to run to other nodes while the one player is trying to take a single one. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    by learning to GROUP up for GROUP content and not qqing about it like a 5 year old.
    No one runs old PvP content like Tol Barad any longer... and no one does the battleground for the sake of PvP, ever. Even during Cataclysm, it was loathed and was worthless to run unless you wanted the dailies or raid unlocked.

Shitting on the OP doesn't make you any less wrong, unfortunately. Sorry. There is no way you are ever going to find anyone willing to help you run this 'group' content, because, again... everyone hates Tol Barad, and for good reason to be fair.

On a different note, IMO they should just disable that garbage dump of a battleground at this point and give dailies to both sides there and unlock the raid for everyone. In fact I'd be okay with the same being done for Wintergrasp if that was feasible... and I actually like Wintergrasp. The sad truth is that these outdated battlegrounds are never run anymore, and having them active just arbitrarily holds back whichever team is losing, not to mention that cross-realm phasing as long since ruined any perks holding Wintergrasp had for your realm.

If Blizzard doesn't want to fix these broken battlegrounds that are basically never played any longer, the best solution is to shut them down and just make them easily accessible PvE content which is all people utilize them for any longer. For an extra bonus, they could make a new instanced battleground if people actually wanted to relive them (but please don't give that honor to Tol Barad, it doesn't deserve it).

Just my two cents on them.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-03-10 at 08:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Little late on the response, but I always hated Tol Barad for this very reason. Taking Tol Barad -- especially with a lack of players, which is always the case now -- is horrible.

You can literally have the entire defensive team turtle at one node and win if you have enough people to recover in 30 seconds. Even if you managed to wipe them out, if they rush another node together, chances are they will be taking it back before you can do anything about it.

And a smart defensive team will move from node to node, you will never be able to push on the last node because they'll be taking another.

I mean let's be real here. How often do you see AB 5 capped, Gilneas 3 capped, etc and so forth? You can't just play well to win in Tol Barad, you have to absolutely dominate them to win as offense. And the shit with the siege engine and towers makes me extra salty -- because all that does is increase the time limit you have to win. Sure, it can help... in theory. But more likely it's a wasteful effort. If the other team is wiping out yours, an extra 10 minutes or however much time it gives you won't make a difference, lol.

In fact, taking out the sieges isn't even hard, it's rarely done because of how meaningless it is. The only advantage to taking them out as defense is literally making the game drag on for less time.

Taking out the towers should (should have, I should say, because Tol Barad will never be 'fixed' at this point) give offense an edge so that they are at an advantage in attacking making defense have to try to defend them or suffer a consequence. Additional stats is one possible bonus, but I'd like if it made it so you only needed to hold 2 to win as offense if you take out all the towers. This will make it so the defensive players can't just sit on their ass on one node and win effortlessly, but instead need to branch out a bit.

And heck, this is just one suggestion... there are plenty of things Tol Barad could do to be more interactive and give offensive players a reasonable chance of winning if they play well. There are plenty of ways to improve Tol Barad, the simply fact is that as it is now, if you have two evenly skilled teams, defense will win 100% of the time if they are both playing well.

In short, yes, Tol Barad sucks, and I feel really sorry that you have to deal with this garbage for the mount. I wish you luck. At least you can get it without those extra dailies... it just will take a little longer, is all.

- - - Updated - - -

The sad irony is that if you had ~5 level 1s, they'd literally win effortlessly against a single level 110. Simply because they just need to run to other nodes while the one player is trying to take a single one. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

No one runs old content like Tol Barad any longer... and no one does the battleground for the sake of PvP, ever. Even during Cataclysm, it was loathed and was worthless to run unless you wanted the dailies or raid unlocked.

Shitting on the OP doesn't make you any less wrong, unfortunately. Sorry.
    1 lvl 1 could beat a level 110 if the level 1 is defending.
    cause all they need to do is attack the one you are not at.

but yeah i set up an LFG and asked in trade/friends for 2 and a half hours, only when epople here on mmochamp helped was i able to cap it, then defending it was easy, my not at all geared alts, had no trouble at all, need to do it like another 60 times though so...

My advice would be to go to the group finder and post you are looking for more to take Tol'Barad and do the dailies. If that doesn't work, you could find some people on your server, or even consider trying to form a cross realm group of allies who are interested in completing it with you.

Needed to do an old raid that I couldn't solo. Even at an odd hour, a few people joined up and we got it done.
    You're probably not alone in wanting stuff from there.

I'm not currently trying but I like the mounts, so if I saw a group like yours, I'd join it if I was looking.
    And eh, me? I'd think to check the cross realm groups.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    My advice would be to go to the group finder and post you are looking for more to take Tol'Barad and do the dailies. If that doesn't work, you could find some people on your server, or even consider trying to form a cross realm group of allies who are interested in completing it with you.

Needed to do an old raid that I couldn't solo. Even at an odd hour, a few people joined up and we got it done.
    You're probably not alone in wanting stuff from there.

I'm not currently trying but I like the mounts, so if I saw a group like yours, I'd join it if I was looking.
    And eh, me? I'd think to check the cross realm groups.
    tried, couldent find any
    tried, couldent find any
    a raid has lots of loot, just doing tol barad does not so...
    : /

10+ Year Old Account
    do the achievements for the glory of the cataclysm raider its the same mount model with another color

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    so obviosuly you DID NOT do it when it was current when you do it now....
    That's not true. I've changed Felplague's mind plenty of times. You just need some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I have no guild mates or friends. No one ever joins groups if it is not for something current or gives a mount.
    Then WoW is not the game for you. Go find a single player game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    People trying to discuss with Felplague....

LOL.

You cannot discuss because his/her point of view is extremely narrow and shortsighted. He/She's right, you're wrong. And you can't convince that person otherwise.

Comes with a certain brain condition which is self-centered. No disrespect, but it has been admitted in the past.
    This,

and the fact he/she keeps flip flopping on points he/she is "arguing" over

It's rather a riot to watch this thread.

Also, you can queue for Tol Barad. You have to be on the island. Much like Wintergrasp and Ashran.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2018-03-10 at 12:39 PM.

its allmost like a level 86 should not be able to beat a level 110 in a 1v1?
    Why?
    I do not see anything wrong with it.
    Just because you are a few levels above him should not allow you to make his presence irrelevant.

tried, couldent find any
    tried, couldent find any
    a raid has lots of loot, just doing tol barad does not so...
    : /
    There are groups for many things, not just raids.
    There are groups for fishing events, there are groups for mount farming.

But if you tried these avenues and they did not work for you, that's too bad.
    And I mean that. That isn't a sarcastic "too bad".
    I'd imagine you can probably find a few people interested if you keep looking.

However, you CAN earn the mount, just at a slower pace.
    I'd have to admit that as a developer, I'd likely see that as acceptable, versus trying to enact changes.
    I wouldn't be happy about it but when weighed against going back and trying to recode/modify it, I'd choose to leave it.

At some point I'm going to go back there for the mounts, myself.
    But I don't mind just chipping away at it until I get it. S'how it goes sometimes.

No, you cant, trust me ive tried, you cant restore 4 year old charecters
    Wait so you say I would not be able to restore my warrior that I played in MoP? (in the first half year of MoP it was). Only reason I cant do it right now is cause I have another toon with that namn.
    Else it would be 100% possible. And let me se, MoP came 2012, so 5years from now around there it was I played mop. Can be nice and say 4years... Oh see you had wrong
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

its allmost like a level 86 should not be able to beat a level 110 in a 1v1?
    He's not beating you 1v1. He's beating you because he's smart and you're not.

The problem isn't 1v1 pvp, it's strategic. The place was designed to work best with teams. Get a team. Figure it out. Just because it's old doesn't mean you're entitled to solo it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassanova Frankenstein View Post
    He's not beating you 1v1. He's beating you because he's smart and you're not.
    ok how come he was smart and i was not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    The problem isn't 1v1 pvp, it's strategic. The place was designed to work best with teams. Get a team. Figure it out. Just because it's old doesn't mean you're entitled to solo it.
    so if i am not allowed to solo it, why is the defender allowed to solo it?
    also i tried but could not for 2 and a half hour meaning i lost 2 battles simply because it was rigged from the start, there was nothing i myself could do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netzach View Post
    This problem and many other problems people have on this forum like "pugs don't want me in raid/m+ group" could be fixed with just one solution.
    If you would be nice, helpful and kind to others you gonna make friends and they will help you with many activities in game.
    I do not know what is wrong with this guy but i'm sure something is if he needed to make topic about such trivial problem.
    You just need 1 random person, can even be lv 85 to take Tol Barad always against single lv 86 (one person caps, other kills lv 86 near respawn over and over).
    This friend doesn't even need skill or gear, it just needs to be willing to spend some of his time helping you or have same goal.
    You can also check Achievements discord for those kind of things:
    https://discord.gg/achievements

Good luck.
    again as i said many many times i tried, 2 and a half hours of LFG, and trade chat, and no one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Why?
    I do not see anything wrong with it.
    Just because you are a few levels above him should not allow you to make his presence irrelevant.
    "few"
    ok

ok how come he was smart and i was not?
    Because he knows he doesn't have to attack you (that would be PVP). He just has to avoid you and keep going to whatever base you just claimed, while you sit there losing your shit because you're either too stupid or too unwilling to get any help for a TEAM-BASED OBJECTIVE. The keyword is there: Team.

He'd be able to do that at level 1 or level 110.

Unless you're losing to him when you're actually fighting him. In which case you're just awful, too. (Note the word "too." As in "also," not instead of. He's still the one playing smart, versus whatever it is you're doing.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    This,

and the fact he/she keeps flip flopping on points he/she is "arguing" over

It's rather a riot to watch this thread.

Also, you can queue for Tol Barad. You have to be on the island. Much like Wintergrasp and Ashran.
    except no, my point from my very first post, till allmost post 400 has and always will be
    it is bullshit that defenders win by default, that it is rigged for them to win. in 1v1 it is literally impossible for attacker to win. the system favours defenders meaning attackers have to put in far more work then defenders to win.
    defenders can solo it, attackers are forced to bring a group.
    it is as if in arathi basin to win you required capturing all 5 bases, and if you didnt, the horde automaticly wins cause lol fair and balanced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cassanova Frankenstein View Post
    Because he knows he doesn't have to attack you (that would be PVP). He just has to avoid you and keep going to whatever base you just claimed, while you sit there losing your shit because you're either too stupid or too unwilling to get any help for a TEAM-BASED OBJECTIVE. The keyword is there: Team.

Unless you're losing to him when you're actually fighting him. In which case you're just awful.
    1. so because he did everything he could to win, and i did everything i could to win, i am suddenly more stupid?
    2. i made a LFG, i asked in trade, but no one joined, for 2 and a half hours, also it literally only lasts 15 minutes, not that long so finding out the problem then trying to find someone... yeah good luck.
    3. if it is a team objective, why do I NEED A TEAM to win but the DEFENDERS DO NOT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    do the achievements for the glory of the cataclysm raider its the same mount model with another color
    i have, however i want it for collection reasons, and taking tripple the time is not something i want to deal with...
    also i did all this way back in cata, but have to do it again, now on my warlock instead of my dk, aswell as my Dh and Mage (and dk) to get the stuff i didnt buy cause i wanted the enchants, weapons, and trinkets instead of the mounts, pets, toys (that took up bag space) and tabard.

Instead of complaining on the forums, you could always ask if anyone is willing to help. Group finder probably wouldn't work well since it's obscure content.

1. so because he did everything he could to win, and i did everything i could to win, i am suddenly more stupid?
    Yep. Especially since you didn't do everything you could to win.

2. i made a LFG, i asked in trade, but no one joined, for 2 and a half hours, also it literally only lasts 15 minutes, not that long so finding out the problem then trying to find someone... yeah good luck.
    Sure you did, kid. Sure you did.

3. if it is a team objective, why do I NEED A TEAM to win but the DEFENDERS DO NOT.
    Because defense has the advantage in that battleground.

And again: His level doesn't matter one fucking iota. No idea why you keep vomiting that bit of USELESS information up. He could be level 1 or level 110 and you'd still be losing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Instead of complaining on the forums, you could always ask if anyone is willing to help. Group finder probably wouldn't work well since it's obscure content.
    yeah i tried for group finder for 2 and a half hours, aswell as trade chat, didnt get anyone, luckly a few people from the thread here helped me
    orcpeon100
    but well i need to do this every day, about 4 times, for the next... 20 ish days?