Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    That's one way it could go.

But you could just as easily make it an issue of "Hey these Zandalari we're on bad terms with with just hooked up with a massive world-spanning military confederation and if we don't find some allies of our own they're going to wipe us off the map" and suddenly joining up with the Alliance is one of their only meaningful options.
    I did mention that with the "perpetual turf wars". I mean, if they're really that belligerent, sure, they could go looking for allies, but at that point, would the Alliance really want them? That kind of racial personality doesn't seem like something the Alliance would want to put up with. That's why Jaina and Greymane stand out like a sore thumb. As Alliance players like to point out, the Alliance are the stereotypical "good guys". A race of snake people who want war over peace wouldn't sit well in the Alliance. And if they want peace over war, then joining the Horde is the best way to get it for their section of the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    I did mention that with the "perpetual turf wars". I mean, if they're really that belligerent, sure, they could go looking for allies, but at that point, would the Alliance really want them? That kind of racial personality doesn't seem like something the Alliance would want to put up with. That's why Jaina and Greymane stand out like a sore thumb. As Alliance players like to point out, the Alliance are the stereotypical "good guys". A race of snake people who want war over peace wouldn't sit well in the Alliance. And if they want peace over war, then joining the Horde is the best way to get it for their section of the world.
    It is more a long the lines of 'my enemy of my enemy is my friend'. The Sethrak know how to manipulate Azerite (it is what they evil faction is using to turn that area into a desert), they know the lay of the land almost as well as the Vulpera and they provide a breaching point onto that island (literally, the Alliance port has Sethrak flight master and repair NPCs). Over all the benefits of being allied with them outweigh the costs. Also I doubt they're looking for a perpetual turf war, I imagine the friendly Sethrak just want to be left alone (which they were up until the evil sections leader declared war on the Zandalari).

Also I will admit something here...the whole 'eating Vulpera' thing...I think I may be the cause of this rumor, I misread something and then posted about it in the unofficial Sethrak thread on the official EU forums (I'm Morribeth on there at the moment) and from there it started to worm its way into the public mind with regards the Sethrak.

It is confirmed that they use the Vulpera for slave labour but I don't think there is an actual hint as to them eating the Vulpera but I honestly could be mistaken and I'm taking the blame for something that has actually been confirmed by the datamining.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I would be alright with that as the female model. Snakes shouldn't have mammalian sexual dimorphism and I don't anyone outside of a few weirdos wants to see a snake with human tits.
    They shouldn't have legs either.

Deleted
    man i hate how people are getting all stereotypical just because they are snake people does not mean they cant have legs the current form of a sethrak is an awsome replacement for the naga -_-

Quote Originally Posted by PomPup View Post
    *cool pic*
    Mad props if you end up drawing a Sethrak befriending every Alliance race before they're confirmed/debunked.

You worded the title like a google search lmao

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    swim speed wouldent make sense on them, the setherak are a desert race not an ocean race.

i would have swallow whole, eat food instantly gain buff instant, but gain the health and mana still over time.
    posioness bite. Crits do 5% extra damage over 5 seconds as you follow a crit up with a posioness bite/spit
    a cosmetic thing when you afk the ground below you turns to sand slowly (like the restro druid and frost dk animations, as they turn zones aroudn them to dessert)
    in sandy zones and areas you gain 5% increased haste.
    (Stranglethorn, silithus, uldum, tanaris, gadgetzan, barrens, etc, Areas with alot of sand)
    Sethrak seem to have slaves, mostly seen with the Vulpera, specifically the Vol'dunai faction is trying to free their people, so I kinda want to see them be able to summon a few slave, one repair vendor, one for bank, and one for reagents or a barber maybe, and if anyone other than you uses them, that gold goes into your pocket

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Sethrak seem to have slaves, mostly seen with the Vulpera, specifically the Vol'dunai faction is trying to free their people, so I kinda want to see them be able to summon a few slave, one repair vendor, one for bank, and one for reagents or a barber maybe, and if anyone other than you uses them, that gold goes into your pocket
    yeah no way too imbalanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Ohhh, I like the idea of that

Though do we know if Sethrak are venomous? I haven't seen any quest text so I'm not sure, I'd assume yes cuz cobras but you never know.

Adding: Amusing thought, much as I want the gender dimorphism to stay minimal, if Blizzard does still give the females breasts they can probably explain it away smoothly enough by saying females produce more venom and have large venom sacks.

Worked for X-com.
    I recently also had Shower thoughts, that maybe the females are a lot more feminine shaped and lack the Hood the males have, and maybe another explaination for their breasts is that since food tends to be scarce in deserts the females evolved to produce milk so their children would have a constant source of nutrition

- - - Updated - - -

yeah no way too imbalanced.
    Would be cool though, maybe instead have them just be repair and reagents

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    They shouldn't have legs either.
    Legs may not be something snakes have, but they're not a uniquely mammalian trait and they're not immersion killing.

People that think "no Sethrak can not be in the Alliance"
    Read the LORE. iron - they wanted to burn the whole world.
    Worgen - were cruel animals. And still can lose control.
    Blackmoor - kept the orcs in slavery.
    Void - they hear their voices can subdue the abyss. They are opposite to light.
    * The alliance is not an order of holy paladins. Long ago.

I just wanna sneik pipol in Horde but Alliance is fine as they make it to allied race. Just in case there's a probability they gonna make it both to allied races I exchange them for the foxes if they gonna Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

More importantly, what kind of Flirts/Jokes they would have and what would be their racial mount?

Let me contribute:
    Male Sethrak joke:
    Sethraks why did it have to be Sethraks.
    Sethrak, not dragon, i do the tongue thingy *snake sound*
    I don't get how anyone can dissslike the Vulpera, they are ssmall, cute....deliciousss.What?I don't have a problem, you have a problem.

Female Sethrak flirt:
    Anyone knows where that T'paartos fella isss?I heard he love sssnakes.
    I will let you sheed my second skin.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

7+ Year Old Account
    I recently also had Shower thoughts, that maybe the females are a lot more feminine shaped and lack the Hood the males have, and maybe another explaination for their breasts is that since food tends to be scarce in deserts the females evolved to produce milk so their children would have a constant source of nutrition

- - - Updated - - -

Would be cool though, maybe instead have them just be repair and reagents
    I was more of talking about the paying you back
    it could summon a random slave, that could be a vendor, a bank, a repair, a guild bank, or a mail box, and that wouldent be overpowered.
    hell even add rare items to the vendor once in awhile like a cool mog set.

I was more of talking about the paying you back
    it could summon a random slave, that could be a vendor, a bank, a repair, a guild bank, or a mail box, and that wouldent be overpowered.
    hell even add rare items to the vendor once in awhile like a cool mog set.
    Yeah I sort of thought that might give the Sethrak an econmonic advantage especially if their low level and know good places to go with high level people, maybe a limit would have to be in place, I sort of thought their could be a special animation for when your slave hands you the money

If they make it into playable races they must have increased swimming speed as passive racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    More importantly, what kind of Flirts/Jokes they would have and what would be their racial mount?

Let me contribute:
    Male Sethrak joke:
    Sethraks why did it have to be Sethraks.
    Sethrak, not dragon, i do the tongue thingy *snake sound*
    I don't get how anyone can dissslike the Vulpera, they are ssmall, cute....deliciousss.What?I don't have a problem, you have a problem.

Female Sethrak flirt:
    Anyone knows where that T'paartos fella isss?I heard he love sssnakes.
    I will let you sheed my second skin.
    Male jokes;
    I was ordered once to kill every baby Vulpera in town, but I got demoted since I couldn't kill a single one, they were just too cute
    Sand in your boots should be the least of your worries

female jokes;
    Boas are still in right?
    I once met this Draenei guy wearing a turban, you know he was actually a real charmer

Male jokes;
    I was ordered once to kill every baby Vulpera in town, but I got demoted since I couldn't kill a single one, they were just too cute
    Sand in your boots should be the least of your worries

female jokes;
    Boas are still in right?
    I once met this Draenei guy wearing a turban, you know he was actually a real charmer
    Pure gold.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

These Sethrak jokes/flirts are great. Now Blizz has no excuse to exclude them, we've already started doing the work for them!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I sort of thought that might give the Sethrak an econmonic advantage especially if their low level and know good places to go with high level people, maybe a limit would have to be in place, I sort of thought their could be a special animation for when your slave hands you the money
    The issue is then you run into. "Ok we are setting up a raid we need atlesst one setherak so we can all save 20% on our repairs" cause for example in a guild. The people will use his thing to repair. Then he will put the funds got back. Back into the guild bank. Meaning bassicly just a x% cost reduction with extra steps.