Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

NRA sues Florida to block new gun laws.

Wow, do they really have no shame?
    Do these people who claim they are adults have any shame?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/us/nr...law/index.html
    (CNN)The National Rifle Association is suing the state of Florida after Gov. Rick Scott signed Senate Bill 7026 into law Friday, the first gun control legislation enacted in the state after the Parkland school massacre on February 14.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Unreal, that they can buy a fucking rifle before they're allowed to drink alcohol.

Some strange dmension I'm in when my home state does something that makes sense.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was not aware that the NRA lacked this much self awareness. I thought they were just evil, not stupid evil.

NRA still refusing to look at the "well-regulated" part of the 2nd amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    NRA still refusing to look at the "well-regulated" part of the 2nd amendment.
    It's a bit bold isn't it? To sue against this (rather moderate, if you ask me) law not even a month after the shooting that prompted Florida to reconsider its stance on weapons?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine what progress could be made in the US if instead of a NRA, you head a nation wide group with equal power but for let's say teachers, workers, you know socially important subjects.

Not a group that feeds into and off from national paranoia and conspiracy theories whos main purpose is to ensure the wealth of a few.

Bit surprised this comes from Florida of all states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's a bit bold isn't it? To sue against this (rather moderate, if you ask me) law not even a month after the shooting that prompted Florida to reconsider its stance on weapons?
    I'm guessing they're trying to bog it down until people lose interest so that the state will eventually drop it.

The NRA knows that passing one law will lead to others being passed as well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

And the NRA continues to be fucking stupid. They should know that they are going to have to take some hits as they get their reputations back, whatever that may be. Right now they are just making it worse for themselves and hurting whatever good reputation they had left.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And the NRA continues to be fucking stupid. They should know that they are going to have to take some hits as they get their reputations back, whatever that may be. Right now they are just making it worse for themselves and hurting whatever good reputation they had left.
    Does a special interest group with plenty of funds and means. Politicians behind them and a member base of people willing to forsake any sense of self moderation based on an irrational fear really care about public image?

I would say they care very little and are all about protecting their main interest and that is not gun owner ship but protecting the interest of their main sponsors the gun companies.

Yea, the NRA is evil and we need to fight against them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Wow, do they really have no shame?
    Do these people who claim they are adults have any shame?
    All the more reason to be thankful we have the NRA fighting for 1st amendment rights.*

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Unreal, that they can buy a fucking rifle before they're allowed to drink alcohol.
    So what? Alcohol kills more people than guns and you can drive a car before being old enough to buy guns or alcohol.

*That should have been 2nd amendment.
    Last edited by mmoc7ab228a6a0; 2018-03-10 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    All the more reason to be thankful we have the NRA fighting for 1st amendment rights.
    Weird how they always seem against it when it's against them, I wonder why that is.

Which is odd because the ACTUAL meaning of the Second Amendment is to defend the STATES's rights to regulate their weaponry.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Not as bold or as harmful as the media corps actions.

Weird how they always seem against it when it's against them, I wonder why that is.
    That should have been 2nd amendment. I news corps are happy to try and infringe on the 2nd then maybe laws should be made to protect the people from them abusing the 1st.

That should have been 2nd amendment. I news corps are happy to try and infringe on the 2nd then maybe laws should be made to protect the people from them abusing the 1st.
    How are the news infringing on the 2nd amendment? Hell, let's go for a twofer explanation with how are they abusing the 1st?

Deleted
    How are the news infringing on the 2nd amendment? Hell, let's go for a twofer explanation with how are they abusing the 1st?
    With repeated calls to infringe on it along with the numerous riots and trouble they've incited.

With repeated calls to infringe on it along with the numerous riots and trouble they've incited.
    lol you what?

They're just trying to defend Herbert Hoover's dream of a chicken in every pot, a car in every garage, and an AR-15 in the hands of every 18-year-old.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Because a 10 year old shouldn't be allowed to taste freedom?

Real men have guns. Because guns are better than women! It is a lesson even a kid must learn!