Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Kul Tirans

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Kul Tirans don't have customization not because they aren't playable, but because 3/4s of the art team is working on Horde content. Alliance doesn't even have updated royal guards yet and Boralus is mostly empty. I have no idea why this point keeps getting ignored.
    Is that in the Alpha you mean? I could imagine that the Alliance sources are probably taking longer or on the flip side considering that Kul'Tirans are naval based, they can adapt already existing assets like ships and modify the model polygons to save time whereas for the Zandalari, yes I suppose some are but not all of them like the new dinosaurs and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    They were pleased by the Pandaren, I am sure of that.

What they weren't pleased by was the concept of a neutral race, which is what Ghostcrawler was getting at rather than criticizing the Pandaren.

Now, you can say he was just one man but when he gave the comment he was a part of Blizzard.

More importantly, there has not been a neutral race added since.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the link to the tweet which occurred while he was still at Blizzard

https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...65802590384129

AND

Here is the link to the MMO champion thread discussing said tweet

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-neutral-races

In hindsight, neutrality has had a negative impact on the Pandaren. To be neutral, they had to be divorced from being fully Alliance or Horde. And to give them some sort of role, they were more fully bound up with the story of their own land than any race before them or since. It really bound them to the Mists of Pandaria expansion.

The Pandaren themselves though are a great race that enriches world of warcraft and I am glad they are thing.
    Nor have we had a race in general. Outside of being your negative self, what's the point of your comment?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'm almost certain it'll be Kul'tiran. Blizz just doesn't have them actually finished yet. The males, sure. But the females are still just fat human females, barely show up on Kul'tiras, and feel like they're gonna get a redesign before being confirmed as playable.

It's the Vulpera counterpart that I'm stumped on. The easy money is probably on Sethrak, but the fact they have no Chrraces entry while Zandalari, Dark Iron, Mag'har, Kul'tiran, and Vulpera all do right now has me leery. Anything else would be straight outta left field.

But yeah, I think the reason we haven't seen any new Allied Race announcements for Alliance is quite simply because they aren't done yet.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    They were actually lore long before an April Fool's day joke. To the point, they were going to be an Alliance race in TBC but got pulled - where Eredar, Draenei and such was created to further the story of it all. The RTS fleshed out the most long-standing lore including at least some Pandaren like Chen Stormstout which exists before Pandaria, so making an expansion from it is not a lot different to really Northrend, Broken Isles, Kezan, Zandalar and Kul'Tiras as they all went through roughly the same progression.

The only difference is that the Pandaren lore wasn't well known because not everyone who plays the MMO played the RTS. And wasn't as much of part of the campaigns as other races. It was also hindered with people seeing Kung Fu Panda claiming Blizzard stole when they are very ignorant to Pandaren being around 5-6 years earlier than the original film franchise easily.

The funny fact is, there was a quest in Ratchet given by a Brewmaster Orc named "Chen's Lost Keg", so it was thought of long before making a faction which predates Kung Fu Panda by a year along too haha. Going neutral was what was a problem though and something they learned.
    Neutrality solves a lot of the issues with popular races... the Pandaren are neutral, the Blood Elves should have been neutral, the Nightborne should have been neutral, etc.

I implore people to think about what could possibly be the next allied race on alliance if it's not Kul Tirans. Do you really think it's High Elves?
    Saberon who can take niche of lion people and worgen subrace.

Drust people who revealed to be one of Vrykul ancient tribes (basically Vrykul).

*Horde players will hate me* Gorian Ogres.

Alliance need diversity - something feral, tribal or like Dark Iron (Gorian will fit it).

What if they mirrored the humans to match the customization options of the Mag'har? So, for example, instead of naming them Tirasians, the model was named after the survivors of the Six Kingdoms in Lordaeron.

Traditional Model: Stormwind
    Worgen Model: Gilneas

Allied Races:
    Kul Tiras: Fat/Skinny
    Arathor: Tribal (they would have more of a Vrykul aesthetic).
    Alterac: Unsure
    Lordaeron: Unsure
    Dalaran: Unsure

To me, having a large variety of human models from the Seven Kingdoms would offset the Mag'har.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2018-03-10 at 06:54 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Idea of fat and thin humans is not new in Warcraft. During alpha of Vanilla there were fat/thin models that were cancelled. Some of it made it into WotLK.

I don't think Kul Tirasian will end up playable race. They lack of customization options (IIRC hair colour have only 4 options), thin model don't have female version and female fat model is just enlarged default human model. I believe Blizzard add them to create diversity for human NPC since Kul Tiras is major focus in BFA for Alliance.

https://i.redd.it/cuqljv31woc01.jpg[/IMG]

What is [PH] stands for?
    1. [PH] is Placeholder.

2. Are you crazy? The males at least have more customization than the Lightforged did. Also you say those are just enlarged alpha models. But I can 100% guarantee you the Kul'tiran and ThinHuman are full rebuilds, not just new scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    What if they mirrored the humans to match the customization options of the Mag'har? So, for example, instead of naming them Tirasians, the model was named after the survivors of the Six Kingdoms in Lordaeron.
    We have that already, it's called Human.

They aren't Stormwindian. They're Stormwindian, Lordaeronean Refugees, Stromgardian Refugees, (on RP servers anyway) Gilnean Refugees, and non-monster hunting/skinny Kul'tirasians.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Six kingdoms wouldn't work like Draenor Orcs because DOs all use the same model. One allied race having multiple models for men and women would be a shitshow

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    1. [PH] is Placeholder.

2. Are you crazy? The males at least have more customization than the Lightforged did. Also you say those are just enlarged alpha models. But I can 100% guarantee you the Kul'tiran and ThinHuman are full rebuilds, not just new scaling.

We have that already, it's called Human.

They aren't Stormwindian. They're Stormwindian, Lordaeronean Refugees, Stromgardian Refugees, (on RP servers anyway) Gilnean Refugees, and non-monster hunting/skinny Kul'tirasians.
    That's nice, but you're missing my point, or by extension ignoring it. The Horde is getting every clan with the Mag'har (and their customization options); to me, the Alliance should mirror that with additional models, skins, and customization options for Kul Tiras, Alterac, Dalaran, Lordaeron, and Arathor. So, for example, we could do the Azotha model (fan fiction and art from Golden Yak... I believe) for Arathor.

- - - Updated - - -

Six kingdoms wouldn't work like Draenor Orcs because DOs all use the same model. One allied race having multiple models for men and women would be a shitshow
    Not really; we could do more of a tribal look for Arathor, or a traditional, mage model for Dalaran (for example, Antonidas), etc.

P.S. I don't know about the name for the Allied Race, but the Six Kingdoms could open up a lot of customization for the humans.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2018-03-10 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also you say those are just enlarged alpha models. But I can 100% guarantee you the Kul'tiran and ThinHuman are full rebuilds, not just new scaling.
    I said alpha Kul Tiran female model is enlarged (horribly) default female human model (retail ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    They were actually lore long before an April Fool's day joke. To the point, they were going to be an Alliance race in TBC but got pulled - where Eredar, Draenei and such was created to further the story of it all. The RTS fleshed out the most long-standing lore including at least some Pandaren like Chen Stormstout which exists before Pandaria, so making an expansion from it is not a lot different to really Northrend, Broken Isles, Kezan, Zandalar and Kul'Tiras as they all went through roughly the same progression.

The only difference is that the Pandaren lore wasn't well known because not everyone who plays the MMO played the RTS. And wasn't as much of part of the campaigns as other races. It was also hindered with people seeing Kung Fu Panda claiming Blizzard stole when they are very ignorant to Pandaren being around 5-6 years earlier than the original film franchise easily.

The funny fact is, there was a quest in Ratchet given by a Brewmaster Orc named "Chen's Lost Keg", so it was thought of long before making a faction which predates Kung Fu Panda by a year along too haha. Going neutral was what was a problem though and something they learned.
    Yeah, I'm familiar with the TBC stuff related to them. Can't rmember the Ratchet stuff, but oh well.

They simply feel out of place as a playable race in a Warcraft universe. I have a hard time imagining a Pandaren fighting for the Horde or the Alliance, but then again I know that many(which is still a few on the global scale and when compared to other races) will play them and that many can.

Kul'tirans haven't been poorly received besides some haters in the forums. Everyone I know really liked the idea, even if not all think they'd play it.
    It's also been pretty well received in facebook groups I'm a part of, especially after everyone saw they can be druids.

And Sethrak wouldn't pair off with the orcs, obviously. They are in the same zone as the Vulpera and are their enemies.

Kul'tirans - Zandalari
    Dark Irons - Mag'har
    Sethrak - Vulpera

This is the best "pairing off" of these races, even though Zandalari and DI dwarves are supposed to come at the same time. Which makes me thing they'll release the first 4 all together, but that's a whole other topic.

Also, STOP WITH THESE DAMN DIRTY ELVES

Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    Kind of hard to give the Alliance High Elves when they've been a playable race for the Horde since January of 2007.
    How insulting. I am not a High Elf

In all seriousness....there is a whole host of cultural and political factors that divide the High and Blood Elfs and one is not the other, even if they are biologically identical.

I could care less about whether the Alliance get High Elfs or not, but that was because I did not and never did want my characters model to be shared.

Blizzard seems to have given up on that principal and while I think that is a mistake, it's done. They didn't ask me, I'm still bitter about it but thete isn't anything I can do other than stop playing.

High Elfs and Blood Elfs have very different factional identities in this game. And if it'll shut the Alliance players up about it, I'm all for it. There's no point keeping them out of the game if the Alliance get the model anyway.

Do I think they'll be the next Alliance allied race? No....it'll be either Kul Tiran humans or Vulpera.

The only real problem of giving the Alliance High Elves would be we'd probably have to be happy with Grimtotem Tauren or Steamwheedle Goblins. But we likely have them in our future anyway....with Lightforged Draenei and Dark Irons, Blizzards already shown a willingness to use simple skin recolors as Allied Races

10+ Year Old Account
    Nor have we had a race in general. Outside of being your negative self, what's the point of your comment?
    Clearly to show up your limited outlook.

They've added four new races since, with four more to come and none of them are neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    ffs people.
    stop this shit.
    i play alliance more. i like alliance more.
    not everything needs to be 50-50.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Clearly to show up your limited outlook.

They've added four new races since, with four more to come and none of them are neutral.
    As I said, you're your usual, chipper self.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I share this sentiment. I'm extremely happy with what the Horde will get and can't wait to play in Zandalar, but it must suck for Alliance players knowing that their hallmark addition will be fat and anorexic humans. I mean, seriously, the traitor in the Alliance campaign is an obese woman nobody has previously heard of and it looks like Blizzard is having fun with Kul Tiras by turning it into a Disney-styled pirate/Asterix&Obeliks cartoon.

I don't think they've got anything and senseful left to add. Vrykul could pull this imbalance back, but even then it's yet another human.

High elves originally had the chance to balance things out with these Horde additions, but that opportunity has gone to waste.
    So High Elves are worthy addition, but Vrykuls would be too similar to humans?
    Are you serious?

Edit: And did you just NOW realise blizz is turning the cartoon styled MMO into a... cartoon? Because the game has been 100% serious since vanila, right?
    Last edited by mmocad3e65e5d1; 2018-03-10 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, you're your usual, chipper self.
    It's nice you're aware of me but I hope you won't feel insulted when I say I haven't a clue who you are.

Still haven't accepted you were wrong to say no new races have been added since Pandaren when four were added last month. It's a small detail I know but you seem to be not paying attention. Might call into question other observations of yours in future.