Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    Thanks for backing up my point?
    Poor reading comprehension. Humanoid players are the ones who make up the majority of the alliance, people who don't like humanoids will come to forums to complain but they are the mass minority and don't matter even nearly as much. Playing alliance and complaining about too many humans/human-lites is like pissing in the sea.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Zandalari <–> Kul Tirans
    Maghar <–> Dark Iron
    Vulpera <–> Sethrak

That would seem like the most logical and symmetrical choice, however that doesn’t mean that’s how they will implement it. I could easily see the Alliance getting Furbolgs or Tortollans instead of Sethrak. In fact, I would pretty much bet on Tortollans at this point. What side or if they’ll be neutral remains to be seen

I’m interested how they will handle Gnomes and the Forsaken AR counterparts. A lot of other races at least to have some hints of them being added in the future but we’ve not see anything for these two races
    This is where the money is. But again I have to question why we didn't get Sethrak added as a chrraces entry. They have a unique animation set, and they look to use the UPS, so why didn't Blizz just go ahead and get them ready to be playable and wear gear now? Why hand-craft every NPC model we'll see?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Exxord View Post
    Maybe the Horde will use the Vulpera aid in the beginning, but someone (Sylvanas?) will betray them in a future patch and they will end up joining the Alliance. We don't really know, anything can happen: it's all in the narrative. Do you remember the Blood Elves? One of the first race of the Alliance, one who fought with humans even before that in the Troll Wars, ended up switching sides for the words and actions of a single racist human officer.
    lets hope they keep the fox people for the horde. i was pissed with throwing the belfs with the horde but this time ill be happy if they let them have vulpera, p-chan.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

I don't care that Kul'Tirans are humans. I care that they are fat and ugly. We already have bulky ugly human males. Doubling down on that to give us bulkier uglier human males sucks when we could have actually had human males who aren't bulky and ugly.

Kul'tiran females could have been an opportunity to make strong looking females (similar to the vrykul female body type) instead the only thing Kul'tiran females look capable of threatening is a bag of chips. They look "cute" but they don't portray the strength and hardiness I think Blizzard intended. They look like they spend more time on the couch than doing manual labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    when we could have actually had human males who aren't bulky and ugly.
    Like... the player humans in the game?

I see a few potential paths.
    1. Orcs v Humans means Au Orcs:Current Orcs :: Kul Tiran Human : Current Human
    2. Draenor significance ie Draenor Orcs to something else from Draenor (already have 2 kinds of Draenei so maybe High Arrakoa). Blizz looks like they will need to add some animations for the Zanda boomkin form which uses the Arrakoa so that may be a good use of time for both. If they flesh out High Arrakoa for Ally race they can roll some of the animation work together.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Are you serious? Retail male humans are bodybuilders. They also have neck problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Are you serious? Retail male humans are bodybuilders. They also have neck problem.
    Yeah I'm sure "regular humans" would've really hit it off great with the press releases as opposed to giant pirate druids.

The current human males in WoW look like roid-raging neanderthals with hamhocks for hands and faces that look 40 to 50 years old. Their proportions are ridiculous. It's sad that Blood/Void elves look more human than the "humans".

Gimme some 20-30 something svelt and agile swashbucklers over 50 y/o beerguts and binge eaters.

there's a reason Blood Elves dominate the horde population and I am confident Void elves will eventually give humans a run for their money in population numbers.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2018-03-10 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    The Horde gets an Orc race and a Troll race and the Alliance gets a Dwarf race and a Human race. Why is this shocking or unfair? With Tauren/Draenei and the Night Elf/Blood Elf flip it's basically perfect symmetry. Next will be Vulpera and Sethrak - both entirely new races, not connected with the old, but still a thematic flip: Vulpera as a furry canine race for the Horde (mirroring Worgen) and Sethrak as a cold blooded borderline evil race for the Alliance (mirroring Forsaken).
    Except i mentioned that.
    while the other side of the fence you have Mag'har orcs who have more customization then all Races of Alliance and Horde combined, being a mix of all different clans that were presented to us.
    The factor was never them being the same race or just a retexture, but rather the amount of customization one Aliled race got, and would be cool if the Alliance counter part got the same treatment.So your whole post is irrelevant.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    *snip*
    The Sethrak have a possible story and an existing conflict with the Horde in general and the Vulpera (and possibly Zandalari) in particular. They would also be the first long awaited reptilian race, so they have some pretty big things going for them.

I don't think helms are set up individually for each race. More like there are some key points on the helm that correspond to key points on the head of each race, so it shape will adjust automatically once those points are set up. I don't think helms for Sethrak will be a bigger issue than Cloaks and Shoulders for Tortollans. Some helms will look fine on Sethrak, all cloaks will be hidden by the shell and all shoulders will clip on a Tortollan (and really, their helms aren't perfect either). Weird looking helms on their own shouldn't be an issue because you can just disable them from the mog menu in a pinch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sethrak have a possible story and an existing conflict with the Horde in general and the Vulpera (and possibly Zandalari) in particular. They would also be the first long awaited reptilian race, so they have some pretty big things going for them.

I don't think helms are set up individually for each race. More like there are some key points on the helm that correspond to key points on the head of each race, so it shape will adjust automatically once those points are set up. I don't think helms for Sethrak will be a bigger issue than Cloaks and Shoulders for Tortollans. Some helms will look fine on Sethrak, all cloaks will be hidden by the shell and all shoulders will clip on a Tortollan (and really, their helms aren't perfect either). Weird looking helms on their own shouldn't be an issue because you can just disable them from the mog menu in a pinch.
    But why design a head on which helms would look weird in the first place if the intent was that they would become playable?

Nobody knew of Sethrak till BFA. They weren't limited by people's expectations. And while helms can be turnef off, that isn't an outcome to be proud of. I get there are reasons to include them but the issue with their model really has to mean they are not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Except i mentioned that.

The factor was never them being the same race or just a retexture, but rather the amount of customization one Aliled race got, and would be cool if the Alliance counter part got the same treatment.So your whole post is irrelevant.
    That point does nothing to invalidate what I said, it's a separate grievance. And really, you can look at it the other way around. Dark Irons get in depth customization and story, but Mag'har only get one or two skins per clan, and their story will be lumped together. All Blackrock orcs will have the same skin, there's not a lot of choice there.

As for other Dwarf clans, it's only the Wildhammer that are relevant, and they're regular dwarves with tattoos. They would be a very poor Allied Race because they only have one distinctive feature, which you might as well add to the regular dwarves, since the shamans were supposed to be Wildhammer anyway. And you can't lump them together like the orcs, because the clans never had much to do with each other, unlike the previously established Iron Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    But why design a head on which helms would look weird in the first place if the intent was that they would become playable?

Nobody knew of Sethrak till BFA. They weren't limited by people's expectations. And while helms can be turnef off, that isn't an outcome to be proud of. I get there are reasons to include them but the issue with their model really has to mean they are not going to happen.
    Because other than the head they look pretty darn cool.

Edit: Check out this helm on a Tauren: http://www.wowhead.com/item-set=-130...odelviewer:6+0
    Last edited by Coconut; 2018-03-10 at 10:05 PM.

Worgen were designed to not be able to wear 99% of helmets, so the helmet clipping thing is a non issue.

Worgen were designed to not be able to wear 99% of helmets, so the helmet clipping thing is a non issue.
    Plus they had cloak clipping issue for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, this is not subjective. their model and a large bulk of their animations are unique, more so than every other allied race.

the closest one are zandalari since their model is unique but almost all of their animations come from night elves
    vulpera as well since their only unique animation is their sleeping pose

kul'tiran however are not only a completely new model but have more unique animations than every other allied race.
    Fucking what? It's entirely subjective as to whether or not people think they're too similar or not to get excited about regardless of whether or not they use recycled animations or entirely new ones.

Grade A reading there.

Poor reading comprehension. Humanoid players are the ones who make up the majority of the alliance, people who don't like humanoids will come to forums to complain but they are the mass minority and don't matter even nearly as much. Playing alliance and complaining about too many humans/human-lites is like pissing in the sea.
    Hilarious since you're straw-manning me.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    Fucking what? It's entirely subjective as to whether or not people think they're too similar or not to get excited about regardless of whether or not they use recycled animations or entirely new ones.
    thats like saying its entirely subjective whether or not a cat is the same animal as a dog
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I want to see satyr on the Alliance.
    Not redeemed, either; just pricks out for self-preservation given the Legion lost and they've got to side with one of the two factions or risk dying to both.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

That point does nothing to invalidate what I said,
    It does because im talking X you were talking Y.
    it's a separate grievance. And really, you can look at it the other way around. Dark Irons get in depth customization and story, but Mag'har only get one or two skins per clan, and their story will be lumped together. All Blackrock orcs will have the same skin, there's not a lot of choice there.
    In-Depth customization =Shades of black.
    Mag'har orcs are basically 4 alied races for the price of one.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats like saying its entirely subjective whether or not a cat is the same animal as a dog
    This is easily the dumbest reply I have ever received on these forums. Wow.