Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Activision does it's own thing, as does Blizzard. Activision is just the parent company.
    I meant Trademark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    I meant Trademark.
    Activision-Blizzard is the parent company of Blizzard Entertainment and Activision. Activision-Blizzard was formerly known as Vivendi Universal Games.

Blizzard Entertainment was never affected by this name change.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Activision does it's own thing, as does Blizzard. Activision is just the parent company.
    Yeah, that stopped being the case when Blizzard was required to pitch their stuff to Activison for approval.
    That was actually in one of the more recent BfA interviews, where a Blizzard guy was talking about their pitch to Activison.

Don't know how much influence Activison has on Blizzard, but I hardly believe Blizzard is just doing their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    The Garroshization of the city stripped Orgrimmar of its soul in my opinion, it doesn't feel like this "city inside a canyon" as it did in Vanilla. Hopefully if one day we get a revamp, it will be rebuilt in the wood and stones style of the orcs, not the full industrialised orcish Horde of Garrosh.
    There is no reason to replace metal fortifications with wood and stone. The city would have be nuked down and rebuilt for such change to make any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    How many zones will have Kul Tiras in BFA? Stormsong Valley - Drustvar - Tiragarde Sound. I missed something?

And what zones unlocked in current alpha build?
    Both continents have 3 zones with 2 currently unlocked in the Alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Yeah, that stopped being the case when Blizzard was required to pitch their stuff to Activison for approval.
    That was actually in one of the more recent BfA interviews, where a Blizzard guy was talking about their pitch to Activison.

Don't know how much influence Activison has on Blizzard, but I hardly believe Blizzard is just doing their thing.
    That doesn't convince me, if it hasn't started anything, back during after Wrath, it won't ever.

There is no reason to replace metal fortifications with wood and stone. The city would have be nuked down and rebuilt for such change to make any sense.
    Goblins are good at that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post

Overwatch atleast had to be approved by Activision before it could go into full production.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Overwatch atleast had to be approved by Activision before it could go into full production.
    It had to be approved by Activision-Blizzard, not Activision.

Activision still exists and operates separate to Blizzard, with their own CEOs. But they both answer to Activision-Blizzard, and the Activision-Blizzard CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    have we ever been this much in the dark about new races/features? feels like we know nothing for certain
    TBC was very well known for how Draenei were left behind the curtain for quite some time after the expansion (and BEs) were announced.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It had to be approved by Activision-Blizzard, not Activision.

Activision still exists and operates separate to Blizzard, with their own CEOs. But they both answer to Activision-Blizzard, and the Activision-Blizzard CEO.
    Yeah. If Blizzard were free to do as they pleased, Overwatch would never have had to be presented to Kotick for approval.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Yeah. If Blizzard were free to do as they pleased, Overwatch would never have had to be presented to Kotick for approval.
    Who is the CEO of Activision-Blizzard, not Activision. Activision has no say in what Blizzard does or does not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    Yes, this is a good middle ground.

I prefer the original WC3 Horde-style from a philosophical standpoint(strength through the people of the Horde and not its buildings, mobility), but Garrosh's look makes more sense as it looks more prepared for war and is based on the resources at hand. Given the situation with the Night Elves, the Horde simply didn't have the wood for the old style.

Another example is Dragonmaw Port turned from a poor looking port town into a seat of power... though rumors have it the Twilight Highlands didn't fare too well in Legion.
    At a loss as to why we're using those images. The current iteration of Orgrimmar is a modified from of a WotLK resource, and you're comparing it to a WoD resource. So, of course, the Garrison image will look good, but to be frank, in comparison to the original Orgrimmar, without question, either option beats that one by a mile.

To get an alpha invite do you have to have a Blizz Friend or Family member or be a prominent streamer/youtuber?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    To get an alpha invite do you have to have a Blizz Friend or Family member or be a prominent streamer/youtuber?
    Both help with getting into alpha at this stage. However some random folks have been selected too based on posts in this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    No.

That just increases your chance of getting in, obviously.

Formerly known as Arafal

At the start yes, but as time goes on others do get invited also. Youtubers/Streamers generally are playing the game at high level or playing the game in such a way allot of stuff is tested. Better still it creates hype and blizzard themselves can even watch to look for bugs. Eventually it will enter BETA phase and keys will likely be about and given to fan sites, youtubers/streamers, gaming sites etc etc to give out along with more random people getting invited. Last time around people who did X before X date also got an invite could also happen this time but know one knows for sure. They could skip beta keys altogether but its doubtful.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2018-03-11 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Both help with getting into alpha at this stage. However some random folks have been selected too based on posts in this thread.
    Concur, I am none of those things and I did get into the test.

About the only notable thing i have is some mythic endboss kills in older expansions(haven't killed Argus yet) and having been in every beta since MoP. So definitely no.

10+ Year Old Account
    So guys/girls...What do you want to see Vol'dun have?
    Like NPCs, creatures to face, quests etc?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actual Aqir lore and well rooted snek ppl vs Vulpera conflict. Also the return of the Sand Trolls in force.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    So guys/girls...What do you want to see Vol'dun have?
    Like NPCs, creatures to face, quests etc?
    Wind sounds and mirages.