Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What's the source for VGChartz numbers on BoTW? VGChartz themselves?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131_3e.pdf Nintendo literally themselves reports 6.7 mil sold for BoTW on Switch. That is 3 months old at that.

Just another reason why VGChartz should never be used for anything ever.
    Valid point and like I said ther numbers are 100%, So there is a 900k difference between Nintendo and them. My guess is they combined the Wii-U and Switch sells but no clue. I have no clue how they pulled those numbers.

My original point still stands tho and its that just because OoT released on the 3DS that doesn't add to the sells of the N64 game like Vegas82 was implying it did.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-10 at 10:06 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    I still think it's funny with how highly regarded the series is, it still doesn't sell all _that_ much

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I still think it's funny with how highly regarded the series is, it still doesn't sell all _that_ much
    What series?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What series?
    Densetsu no zeruda, my boy

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to reverse those two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Need to reverse those two.
    Shhhh i just got off work and realized that. In my total unique cuteness, im keeping it as it. ;3

So u consider a game series that sells millions of copies isn't much? Or was you being sarcastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ocarina of Time is the same game regardless of platform.
    Actually no it isn't in regards to OoT. There is huge changes between the 3DS version and the N64 version. That is why the 3DS version is a remaster, Same for Majora's Mask.

There is also a huge difference between the Gamecube version and N64 version and that's the Master Quest part. So no the three versions are not the same game and once again no company complies them that way ether.

That's why the sells of Shadow of the colossus is three different scews because its three different games even more so the PS4 version.

Breath of the Wild on Wii-U and Switch is the same game thought and thought just like Twilight Princess, OoT and OoT 3DS is very different games. Even more so if you compare Majora's Mask to its 3DS remake that changed a huge amount of the game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-10 at 11:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So u consider a game series that sells millions of copies isn't much? Or was you being sarcastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually no it isn't in regards to OoT. There is huge changes between the 3DS version and the N64 version. That is why the 3DS version is a remaster, Same for Majora's Mask.

There is also a huge difference between the Gamecube version and N64 version and that's the Master Quest part. So no the three versions are not the same game and once again no company complies them that way ether.

That's why the sells of Shadow of the colossus is three different scews because its three different games even more so the PS4 version.

Breath of the Wild on Wii-U and Switch is the same game thought and thought just like Twilight Princess, OoT and OoT 3DS is very different games. Even more so if you compare Majora's Mask to its 3DS remake that changed a huge amount of the game.
    Well, go into any gaming circle and everybody seems to love zelda, but, just looking at your vgchartz example, skyward sword had like a 3% attach rate. That is pretty bad.

Well, go into any gaming circle and everybody seems to love zelda, but, just looking at your vgchartz example, skyward sword had like a 3% attach rate. That is pretty bad.
    3% attach rate on a system that sold over 100 million units. Breath of the Wild is sitting at a nearly 50% on The Switch (at release was 110%).

Those are normal numbers for any game series on any platform(Besides the 110% that was insane).

It sells extremely well, Don't really get how anyone can say different.

15+ Year Old Account
    3% attach rate on a system that sold over 100 million units. Breath of the Wild is sitting at a nearly 50% on The Switch (at release was 110%).

Those are normal numbers for any game series on any platform(Besides the 110% that was insane).

It sells extremely well, Don't really get how anyone can say different.
    Not for nintendo, I don't think. I know the're more for core gamers, but it's hard to go anywhere without somebody mentioning it. You'd think they'd sell more than 7mil.

Skyward Sword was released in the twilight years of the Wii, after the Wii U had already been announced.

It was also released in the same month Dark Souls and Skyrim came out. How many core gamers passed on digging out their Wiis in favor of just playing the other 2?

Zelda is a big franchise to core gamers, it's not like Mario or Pokemon which transcends to the casuals though.

Not for nintendo, I don't think. I know the're more for core gamers, but it's hard to go anywhere without somebody mentioning it. You'd think they'd sell more than 7mil.
    Even for Nintendo it is. If it wasn't selling well Nintendo wouldn't be making it or putting as much development and cash into the games.

There is no logical reason to say Zelda doesn't sell well. They are not Square Enix 4 million copy's for (Skyward Sword) is great.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-10 at 11:49 PM.

zelda has always been more of the nerdy side of gaming.

hardcore gamers love it, so among gamers its huge. breath of the wild is really the first zelda game to hugely break into mainstream audiences.

breath of the wild is essentially the skyrim of this generation of gamers

- - - Updated - - -

theres not all that many series that arent multiplatform that can pull those numbers irregardless of how well known they are
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Skyward Sword was released in the twilight years of the Wii, after the Wii U had already been announced.

It was also released in the same month Dark Souls and Skyrim came out. How many core gamers passed on digging out their Wiis in favor of just playing the other 2?

Zelda is a big franchise to core gamers, it's not like Mario or Pokemon which transcends to the casuals though.
    Skyward Sword also had a TERRIBLE control scheme. While admittedly it was (slightly) better than Wii Twilight Princess, it was still hideously bad. The casual gamers saw how bad Twilight Princess was on the Wii and skipped the next one (Twilight Princess was a great game, but only on the Gamecube and Wii U). It's a great game, but it's a great game in spite of its awful borderline unplayable controls. The motion control fad was hideous, and I'm glad it's over with. The only part that seems to be sticking around is gyroscopic aiming (which is optional in every game I've played it in). The Wii remote only actually worked as a pointing device. Which made it a replacement for the light gun (since light guns only work on CRT's). Shoehoring an entire generation of games into what amounted to a light gun control scheme was bad.

I would LOVE to see an HD remaster of Skyward Sword with real controls. BOTW's controls would work great in it. All they'd have to do is change a few puzzles. I love BOTW's controls and combat, by far the best Zelda has ever been. The game has its flaws (very poor performance/framerate, story presentation issues, and the repetitiveness of shrines and korok seeds), but controls are not one of them.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-03-11 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I'm sure it wasn't intended but there is some irony in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    There is an entirely new generation of gamers every 5 years? Da fuq?

Both are far too close together to be comparing them like Skyrim got big with 90s kids or some shit.

Even if you wanted to change the statement to gaming generations and not people, Witcher 3 is far closer to being current gens Skyrim then BoTW is.

BoTW when it's said and done will probably hover around TP numbers 9 milish total. I know people want to pretend it had some massive growth or something but it's still just a core gamer thing. BoTW is on the high scale of Zelda sales but it's still in the Zelda range and it won't be selling 20+ mil lifetime like MK8D and SMO likely will. People literally buy Mario games when they buy a Nintendo system regardless of the type of gamer they are. The same can't be said for BoTW. At this point, most people who want to play BoTW probably have.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-11 at 12:56 AM.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/03/0...asnt-happened/

Netflix executive: Netflix isn't on the Switch because it isn't Nintendo's focus.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Netflix executive: Netflix isn't on the Switch because it isn't Nintendo's focus.
    oh

my

god

enough with this netflix/app crap on the switch. Things got a battery life of 3 hours just use your damn phone
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    oh

my

god

enough with this netflix/app crap on the switch. Things got a battery life of 3 hours just use your damn phone
    It has a battery life of 3 hours playing fucking BoTW...

It has a much longer battery life if it was just running a damn streaming app. Hell it gets 4.5 in freaking Xenoblade 2.

You understand not everything uses the same power right? Hell, you should understand this basic concept just by "using your phone". You should understand it if you pay your own damn electric bill.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-11 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

lol this is clearly about money.

hulu has an app but nintendo wont allow netflix? yeah right.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552