Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey I got a refund for Legion after I used my boost -- but the only thing was that my account was perma-banned so only under those circumstances did they allow a refund with a boost. If you're really desperate then, get perma-banned and you can get your refund.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It totally works like that. You bought the product, used it in a way which voided the refund policy, cried for a refund and were refused. Then got your bank to steal your money back from Blizzard. Why should it matter if it's a physical item or not? If companies don't have the right to control their own digital product then we should just throw away copyright law in the bin right now.
    Copyright laws has NOTHING to do with this.

I HATE when companies do this. You need to watch out for Amazons trap too.

I preordered a game for my PS4 on Amazon and was playing it for a month or so, but then when I was low on money and needed some more, they WOULDN'T give me my money back. Talk about unfair treatment of customers.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    That’s all useless shit and the majority of the player base doesn’t even know what it is or where it came from

“Keep holding on”

- - - Updated - - -
    Thats bullshiit. Most people are very atached to their stuff and would not trade their account for anything else. But nvm, scammers like you wont understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Thats bullshiit. Most people are very atached to their stuff and would not trade their account for anything else. But nvm, scammers like you wont understand this.
    Very true, plenty of people in my guild would just stop playing if they lost the shit they collected over the years. I'm not that attached but people definitely are.

Who would be stupid enough to think they could refund it after using it's features?

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    Who would be stupid enough to think they could refund it after using it's features?
    Anyone that started playing the game before Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Yeah let's go with that lel.

Like I said, most of the player base nowadays won't even know what it is.

I get you're attached to things, that's fine, I wasn't attached to titles or unobtainable mounts I had on my account, especially when the game is going in a complete wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    This has been common knowledge since Warlords, stop using the boosts.
    Funny part is the boost has no expiration date (some people can hold all the 3 boosts on their account to this day), so there's absolutely no rush to dump it unless you know exactly which character or class you want to invest into (and in that case it's reasonable to assume you consumed a part of the product willingly). I don't get the rush to spend the boost asap unless someone already wanted to boost earlier but was waiting for BFA switch so the boost upgrades from 100 to 110.

And tbh I don't get this modern culture of "refund for any reason", it used to be that you could only refund if the product was faulty, not fitting the specifications or not delivered on time. It's also not true that gaming is the only trade where you can't easily refund, for example buying cheap plane tickets ahead of time often comes with a disclaimer once you prepay you can't refund or change date / flight (you have to pay extra to change it, and refunds are not available).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Why would anyone be dumb enough to pre-order anything from Blizz these days? They haven't been worthy of it since at least MoP. WoD & Legion were utter shit, BfA will be too and it won't get any better.

Stop kidding yourselves.
    Are you still playing? If not why do you browse a (mostly) WoW-related site? Why do you post in WoW-forums?

-

BTT: If you are THAT short on cash that a 59 USD/52 GBP refund would "save" you, you should never have pre-purchased to begin with.
    Even with "unforeseen circumstances" there should be reserve assets ready to be used. This is not that hard to do even while only working "student jobs".
    Think twice before buying to avoid things like that in the future.

I see no scam nor "anti customer friendliness" as it's stated that using the boost/allied races prohibits a refund. It is NOT Blizzards fault for people not reading the EULA.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And tbh I don't get this modern culture of "refund for any reason", it used to be that you could only refund if the product was faulty, not fitting the specifications or not delivered on time.
    Funny. Neither of those is a valid reason for a refund anymore.

I should ask for a refund on the pizza I ate yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    Copyright laws has NOTHING to do with this.
    You're saying that because a product is digital that Blizzard has no right to enforce their return policy because there's no package to open, nothing to damage, etc. If you want to take away a company's ability to control the sale of its own product, might as well throw away copyright too and and let everyone just copy it for free.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

His name is Huntardicus lmao

Imagine if you where the grocery store manager and had a dude ask you "Yo, can I refund this candy bar after I ate the tip of it already?".

That's basically what you did.

And created a thread on MMO-Champ about it.

And expected people to agree with you?

I'm sorry OP is in a cash crunch, but I think the response was perfectly reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydindril View Post
    Are you still playing? If not why do you browse a (mostly) WoW-related site? Why do you post in WoW-forums?

-

BTT: If you are THAT short on cash that a 59 USD/52 GBP refund would "save" you, you should never have pre-purchased to begin with.
    Even with "unforeseen circumstances" there should be reserve assets ready to be used. This is not that hard to do even while only working "student jobs".
    Think twice before buying to avoid things like that in the future.

I see no scam nor "anti customer friendliness" as it's stated that using the boost/allied races prohibits a refund. It is NOT Blizzards fault for people not reading the EULA.
    Why I post in a WoW-related site has nothing to do with pre-ordering the next xpac that Blizz has proven they'll fuck up from now on. And the next, and the next.

Spending on said xpacs, especially before you've seen them live and have more info to be better informed, has nothing to do with one's financial status or amount of expendable income. Throwing money away on shit products is a waste and is stupid whether you can afford to or not, whether it's a lot or a little.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm hardly a fan of how the video game industry handles refunds in general and Blizzard aren't any better than all the others. However in this case they clearly spelled out how it worked, not in some 8pt font legalese hidden away, but in clear text for all to read. People who don't understand it only have themselves to blame.

I already replied to a similar post so this is a copy paste with my reply...

Yeah, I’m really hurting considering I can just get another account at ANY time and receive a boost if need be.

Lmao
    Except you would have to pay for any games a second time lol... So you still lose money in the future in addition to all mounts/achievements/gold etc..

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah let's go with that lel.

Like I said, most of the player base nowadays won't even know what it is.

I get you're attached to things, that's fine, I wasn't attached to titles or unobtainable mounts I had on my account, especially when the game is going in a complete wrong direction.
    What happens if the expansion after bfa suddenly clicks with you because they changed design direction, and you care again. But now you have no means of using your "unobtainable" mounts etc.

YOU PLAYED EXPANSION CONTENT!!

...uh, such as it is. The pre-expansion content unlocked by the pre-purchase of the expansion equates to less than what we'd consider an entire content patch. In short, it's a pathetically small amount of content.

But gotta rope in the sales I guess.