Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate any sort of party that celebrates a Child before it is even born.

There's no such thing as transgender yet, it's just genital mutilation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Hat tip for embracing the narcissism. I'll let you have this one.
    Embracing narcissism or answer your post you replied to me for. You that confused or something?

And keep your pocket change and save your online diagnosis.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    There's no such thing as transgender yet, it's just genital mutilation.
    Here is a fast way to see who doesn't read an OP and just wants to bash a demographic by posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Ive never even heard of such a thing until a year ago or so. It sounds to me like just another scam to get your friends to buy another gift. I guess the baby shower isnt enough anymore
    People can't celebrate the progress of their baby without being accused of scamming their family?? Where are your family values?? Lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not big where I'm from. You know you don't have to go to them right? I mean I hope no one is holding a gun to you and forcing you...

I don’t have a girlfriend which is about the only reason I’d be dragged to one of those parties. But if it’s free food and booze then what’s to complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey friends,

I’ve been to a couple of these gender reveal parties and I hated each one. Remember the days when you could say “It’s a boy” or “it’s a girl”? Now you have to wait forever for your friends or family to reveal the gender. It’s a waste of time and money. Just tell us! I don’t want to wait forever at a dumb party
    You should tell them, so they know not to invite you next time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was for trans people, as I have actually been to a party where they revealed they wanted to be a man.

surreal indeed, but not unexpected from said person.

I however cannot stand kids and I wouldn't go to one unless there was a large amount of alcohol for the adults and sedatives for the kids.

I don't go to that shit and I'm female.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    He was obviously forced to go against his will with threat of violence for non-attendance. Perhaps a gun was held to his head.

Wait, if your a guy why are you going to a gender reveal party in the first place. That’s shit for chicks and moms. Just like the baby shower.
    Was my first thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    People can't celebrate the progress of their baby without being accused of scamming their family?? Where are your family values?? Lmao
    People shouldnt even be able to KNOW the gender of their baby until it is delivered just like it used to be!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the most selfish, self-centered, look at me part of would be parents behavior.

If you want to announce it before a baby shower, fine. I get it, makes it easier to give gifts.

However this is one of those things I won't indulge.

It's as if every single couple out there thinks they need their own little reality show and video for Facebook to make it look like they're the center of attention and things are so much more fabulous with them than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    People shouldnt even be able to KNOW the gender of their baby until it is delivered just like it used to be!
    People are perfectly within their rights to find out the sex of their child before birth. Why do you hate freedom??

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I don’t have a girlfriend which is about the only reason I’d be dragged to one of those parties. But if it’s free food and booze then what’s to complain about?
    It's one of the many things that piss me off about adult friendships, that people expect you to dish out large amounts of money to be associated with these people, by showing up to parties and spending money on them. First it's birthday parties, then engagement parties, then the bridal shower, then the wedding (doubly expensive if it's a destination wedding). Then it's the reveal party, and then the baby shower, then the kids' birthdays. It never fucking ends.

I feel like it's a middle to upper middle class subculture thing. If you don't participate and don't have some solid excuses lined up then expect mild shunning.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey friends,

I’ve been to a couple of these gender reveal parties and I hated each one. Remember the days when you could say “It’s a boy” or “it’s a girl”? Now you have to wait forever for your friends or family to reveal the gender. It’s a waste of time and money. Just tell us! I don’t want to wait forever at a dumb party
    Are you honestly so bitter at the happiness of others that you'd go so far as to make a thread about it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I feel like it's a middle to upper middle class subculture thing. If you don't participate and don't have some solid excuses lined up then expect mild shunning.
    My GF does very well but I think it's the height of idiocy for her to drop $600 on a 6 year old's birthday party and declare it worth every dime. She thinks the upcoming 4 year old's birthday is a bargain at $400.

When I was a kid I got Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars and we went swimming at my neighbors followed by cake and chips. I think the whole day cost my mom $20. In hindsight I loved every bit of it as much as what my GF spends hundreds of dollars on.

Kids don't know any better under 10. They either had fun or they didn't. Price is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    My GF does very well but I think it's the height of idiocy for her to drop $600 on a 6 year old's birthday party and declare it worth every dime. She thinks the upcoming 4 year old's birthday is a bargain at $400.

When I was a kid I got Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars and we went swimming at my neighbors followed by cake and chips. I think the whole day cost my mom $20. In hindsight I loved every bit of it as much as what my GF spends hundreds of dollars on.

Kids don't know any better under 10. They either had fun or they didn't. Price is irrelevant.
    She's dropping $400/$600 to keep up with the Joneses' birthday parties. Obviously it's not about the kids, even if she says it is.

I would never go to one, but if it makes them happy I guess good for them?

I don't know why anyone wants to know in the first place. You'll find out when the baby pops out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    She's dropping $400/$600 to keep up with the Joneses' birthday parties. Obviously it's not about the kids, even if she says it is.
    You're 100% correct and I tell her that every time. No 4-6 year old has 30 friends they can't even count that high. However all of these parties are 20-30 kids and parents price them like a wedding reception at $10-30 a head.

We're going to Orlando next month and I've seen idiot parents drop $5,000+ on a rental boat to watch fireworks, private dinner with Disney characters, yadda yadda yadda and it's a 3rd birthday party. No 3 year old is ever going to remember that. I couldn't tell you much of anything before I started 1st grade.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    My wife is expecting our sixth child, and I completly agree with you. We usually just do some kind of cute announcement on facebook and call it a day. People act as though them producing a child is the event of the century. Yay, we're happy you're having a baby. We don't care if it has a penis. Have a blessed day.
    you know what condoms are right?
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate