Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Balance Druid BFA?

Where is our love? Whats happening to the spec? We've lost Full Moon and gained nothing.
    Many specs has gotten new changes and talents but everytime I see a new alpha post there is nothing on the Balance Druid.

Lack of feedback from players or are we just forgotten?

Uh, its like the start of Alpha and plenty of specs haven't seen any changes/still have NYI tags. Balance probably hasn't even had a pass yet and there is absolutely nothing to suggest Full Moon is gone for good yet.

I'm not gonna try to sell you the usual "wait for feedback until its too late to change" BS but this is way, way too early to have a meltdown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Uh, its like the start of Alpha and plenty of specs haven't seen any changes/still have NYI tags. Balance probably hasn't even had a pass yet and there is absolutely nothing to suggest Full Moon is gone for good yet.

I'm not gonna try to sell you the usual "wait for feedback until its too late to change" BS but this is way, way too early to have a meltdown
    well tbh they release spec changes they care about the most, we can all agree that if they release balance druid changes like during the last week or something it will be safe to say they are not going to change anything for another year

during legion many changes to moonkin came on PTR only few days before the patch went live so the community was unable to react, and most of those changes made no sense whatsoever

but yeah, lets say "oh nonono, its just coincidence, changes to this particular spec came last, its impossible to release all changes at once you see"

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    well tbh they release spec changes they care about the most, we can all agree that if they release balance druid changes like during the last week or something it will be safe to say they are not going to change anything for another year

during legion many changes to moonkin came on PTR only few days before the patch went live so the community was unable to react, and most of those changes made no sense whatsoever

but yeah, lets say "oh nonono, its just coincidence, changes to this particular spec came last, its impossible to release all changes at once you see"
    You're misunderstanding. I'm all for early feedback but i see absolutely no point in throwing out definitive "sky is falling" statements like "We've lost Full Moon and gained nothing" when all the cards are clearly not all on the table. For better or worse, nothing has really changed whatsoever.

If you're worried about being ignored then please do provide feedback as early as you'd like but alarmist crap like this thread helps no-one.

inb4 Full Moon becomes a talent that competes with BOTA/ShS by replacing AC.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Don't worry all classes will be balanced.

You're misunderstanding. I'm all for early feedback but i see absolutely no point in throwing out definitive "sky is falling" statements like "We've lost Full Moon and gained nothing" when all the cards are clearly not all on the table. For better or worse, nothing has really changed whatsoever.

If you're worried about being ignored then please do provide feedback as early as you'd like but alarmist crap like this thread helps no-one.
    That's kinda the point. So far, they haven't done anything at all, and we have no idea if they're even planning to change anything or realise that this is going to be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account

Almost every single spec has received changes. Gained artifact abilities/legendary affixes through talents and baseline spells. Yes it's early, but the fact remains that Balance hasn't been touched and seems to be an empty shell.

I would say now is the best time to panic so they don't half-ass add Balance changes weeks before release and the play style feels like crap because of late additions.

The "it's WAY too early to suggest anything..." speech always comes around to bite the players. Look at WoD as a whole, legendaries in Legion, etc. Players begged for additions/changes to be made way early on in Alpha/Beta and the same people continuously said "it's WAY too blah blah" and look what we got...

Deleted

I disagree. You should always treat it as "this is on the table to go live". You are basically advocating for praying to devs and they are not my kind of deity. Probably the last communication from devs regarding moonkin was early Legion with infamous statement "they are fine, they have solar beam".

Quote Originally Posted by Hargema View Post
    If they were balanced like Legion, should we expect to be 20% below others on ST damage again?

I remember when the Hybrid Tax was 5% for all the amazing utility and shit we had. Now it's 20% and we bring... a single innervate... yaaaaay...

In all seriousness, they haven't touched Balance yet so there's not much we can do.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Class balance isn't really the issue right now. It will be all over the place until Blizzard consolidates and solidifies mechanics in beta.

The issues at hand are the mechanical oversimplicity and lacking depth of the Balance rotation without MoonMoon. Basically, it's boring drudgery.

If we dont get Moon spells baseline. I want Eclipse back!

Our dots will atleast be meaningful again in single target (well they do damange) but shooting stars was great. I loved the Starsurge procs

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Class balance isn't really the issue right now. It will be all over the place until Blizzard consolidates and solidifies mechanics in beta.

The issues at hand are the mechanical oversimplicity and lacking depth of the Balance rotation without MoonMoon. Basically, it's boring drudgery.
    Isn't it what happened with Legion's alpha?
    Every class had very basic spells to use, and as the game went on, classes received more and more spells to crowd their action bars.
    Don't worry, it'll be fine. They won't remove a spell that is necessary for a smooth gameplay.

Isn't it what happened with Legion's alpha?
    Every class had very basic spells to use, and as the game went on, classes received more and more spells to crowd their action bars.
    Don't worry, it'll be fine. They won't remove a spell that is necessary for a smooth gameplay.
    If we at least had some sort of acknowledgement or comment from Blizzard, it would be significantly easier to not worry. As it is now, it looks like they aren't going to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Almost every single spec has received changes. Gained artifact abilities/legendary affixes through talents and baseline spells. Yes it's early, but the fact remains that Balance hasn't been touched and seems to be an empty shell.

I would say now is the best time to panic so they don't half-ass add Balance changes weeks before release and the play style feels like crap because of late additions.

The "it's WAY too early to suggest anything..." speech always comes around to bite the players. Look at WoD as a whole, legendaries in Legion, etc. Players begged for additions/changes to be made way early on in Alpha/Beta and the same people continuously said "it's WAY too blah blah" and look what we got...
    To be fair pretty much every spec seems like an empty shell at this point, changes or not. Specs were designed around their artifacts, legendaries and tier sets and don't really work without them. None of that has been fixed and the new armor sure doesn't look to make the situation any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    I disagree. You should always treat it as "this is on the table to go live". You are basically advocating for praying to devs and they are not my kind of deity. Probably the last communication from devs regarding moonkin was early Legion with infamous statement "they are fine, they have solar beam".
    No i am not "basically" advocating anything of any such ludicrous thought. Rolling your eyes at woe-is-me posts in early-mid alpha =/= Worshipping the game development team.

I already said you should be providing feedback as early as possible is fine (and probably a damn good idea) but framing it as though we're fucked from the get-go is just looking for circlejerk whinging and adding absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Now this I can definitely agree with. If Full Moon does not come back we're going to have issues to say the least but like Hargema I find it hard to believe such an integral spell (with an enormous art design investment in it) is just going to up and vanish. Worst case scenario to me is a mandatory talent like Polarthief jokes about. That would piss me the hell off, not gonna lie but its definitely not sky is falling tier. Every class has to deal with some mandatory talents, bad design as it is.

Now this I can definitely agree with. If Full Moon does not come back we're going to have issues to say the least but like Hargema I find it hard to believe such an integral spell (with an enormous art design investment in it) is just going to up and vanish.
    I'd be less concerned if it wasn't for the fact that it feels like they aren't even aware Druids have any issues. We've seen a single talent change for the class, and nothing since then.

I'd say dont worry they haven't got to you yet but for the fact for legion they just took everything off feral druids and gave it back in talents instead with nothing new.

Yet another build with no Moonkin information. I have mained my moonkin since I started playing, but I really don't want to be in this position again. The longer we go, the closer I get to picking a new main for BFA.

The sky isn't falling, that would be something, this is just nothing.
    Last edited by Argenon; 2018-03-15 at 05:40 PM.

There's way to little discussion about it on the Alpha forums, too. And what little there is is mostly useless armchair developers trying to tell Blizzard how they want the spec fixed, instead of telling them why they think the spec is not in a good spot.