Poll: Do you believe we have been visited by E.T

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    What if we lack the senses to be able to see them? We cant see every shade of color. Its not impossible there are realities outside of our organs limited capabilities
    We have other senses besides sight, though...more possible that they primarily exist in other dimensions, but even that is purely theoretical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You could make that same argument about anything, though.

Who says there aren't invisible unicorns everywhere? You can't prove they aren't there!
    Its food for thought.

There might be invisible unicorns also but then you draw in other conclusions like probability. And the probability of a horse with a horn that also glows is highly unlikely and more a silly idea to discredit my idea inspired by others fictional work.

Aliens however is simply life forms from another planet of which there are countless other stars/planets which could host any array of life forms. Theres life in the ocean we still dont understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    We have other senses besides sight, though...more possible that they primarily exist in other dimensions, but even that is purely theoretical.
    What if these life forms only communicate/are visible in certain light or with a certain frequency of sound we have never produced on earth. There are many senses outside of sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no evidence for visitations whatsoever. Some ancient cultures being really good at astronomy and bad at painting/sculpting and having weird beauty standards doesn't mean they had help from aliens. What's way more likely was that those ancient cultures were already into Sci-Fi 4000 years ago.

There isn't really anything special about Earth except for the fact that life developed on it with no way for aliens to even detect this life until about 120 years ago - and out radio footprint has actually greatly decreased since then because we've switched using those giant radio transmitters to shortwave and fiberoptics.

I mean look at how tiny our radio bubble is, someone would have looking for these broadcasts explicitly to detect them at such a distance if it's even possible at all any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    i believe there are advanced alien races that tampered with human dna in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mac View Post
    i believe there are advanced alien races that tampered with human dna in the past.
    I believe the intelligence explosion in humans is from plant life. As well as meat in the diet

IE people tripping their balls over millions of years opened up the brain capabilities

What if these life forms only communicate/are visible in certain light or with a certain frequency of sound we have never produced on earth. There are many senses outside of sight.
    Again, we have other senses besides sight and I think it is a stretch to think that there is an entity that visited Earth that we cannot see, hear, touch, feel, or taste. It would be truly extraordinary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the intelligence explosion in humans is from plant life.

IE people tripping their balls and thus over millions of years opened up the brain capabilities
    that is also a good theory. graham hancock talks in depth about it

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Again, we have other senses besides sight and I think it is a stretch to think that there is an entity that visited Earth that we cannot see, hear, touch, feel, or taste. It would be truly extraordinary.
    All matters of the galaxy and time and space are extraordinary.

Does a ant know what an atom is?

Its silly to think there are not realms above our understanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mac View Post
    that is also a good theory. graham hancock talks in depth about it
    Cheers! Ill look him up.

I believe it because of how my brain chemistry changed when I tried Acid

10+ Year Old Account
    Its food for thought.

There might be invisible unicorns also but then you draw in other conclusions like probability. And the probability of a horse with a horn that also glows is highly unlikely and more a silly idea to discredit my idea inspired by others fictional work.

Aliens however is simply life forms from another planet of which there are countless other stars/planets which could host any array of life forms. Theres life in the ocean we still dont understand.
    You could make up any kooky nonsense form you'd like for them and it wouldn't matter; if we have zero proof of their existence then there's no reason to really believe they exist. It can't just be explained away as "well they're obviously invisible."

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the intelligence explosion in humans is from plant life. As well as meat in the diet

IE people tripping their balls over millions of years opened up the brain capabilities
    Also doubtful.

Making a monkey drop acid wont make it more intelligent.

Note that stoners and other chronic narcotics users aren't usually the most intelligent scientific minds.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You could make up any kooky nonsense form you'd like for them and it wouldn't matter; if we have zero proof of their existence then there's no reason to really believe they exist. It can't just be explained away as "well they're obviously invisible."
    I said its food for thought. Not proof they exist. And nice way to dismiss a valid theory in a silly thread.

Guess going on about how I got anal probed by a alien with a dome shaped head is more interesting?

- - - Updated - - -

Also doubtful.

Making a monkey drop acid wont make it more intelligent.

Note that stoners and other chronic narcotics users aren't usually the most intelligent scientific minds.
    Got millions of years of evolution to test that theory? No? Didnt think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said its food for thought. Not proof they exist. And nice way to dismiss a valid theory in a silly thread.

Guess going on about how I got anal probed by a alien with a dome shaped head is more interesting?
    No, because both are nonsense.

It's not a valid theory any more than me claiming the invisible unicorns.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers! Ill look him up.

I believe it because of how my brain chemistry changed when I tried Acid

this is a short interview on dna and lsd.. they guy who discovered d.n.a was tripping on lsd at the time. they also believe that d.n.a did not develop on earth.

10+ Year Old Account

Got millions of years of evolution to test that theory? No? Didnt think so.
    Neither do you.

You seem to have a dubious grasp of the concept of "burden of proof."
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Neither do you.

You seem to have a dubious grasp of the concept of "burden of proof."
    Oh you have the answers to where the jump in human intelligence comes from?

Please do tell.

- - - Updated - - -
    I believe almost anything is possible, including the existence of unicorns and leprechauns. Just because something is POSSIBLE doesn't mean it is LIKELY, Occam's razor.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Best evidence for intelligent ETs is that we haven't been contacted yet.

Far to often you see people painting each other as crazy to discredit each other because they can't explain the things they've seen - although it's bunk because there's always a more likely explanation than "aliens" - No need to create a hostile and sick environment as that's a highroad to more PITA narrow-minded denial of truth and reality.

It's not a lie if you believe it...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's unlikely but I won't say I'm not open to the idea. I just haven't seen any actual evidence for it (actual evidence, not people who make stuff up for attention).

Do aliens exists? Yes

Have aliens contacted us? No

Me personally i believe faster than light drive is impossible for every race in this universe and even if some races have cracked it, it would still take centuries to travel the huge distances. Bottom line is space is too freaking big!

No, but if they did they took one look at us, went “oooooooh-no” and peaced the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    No, but if they did they took one look at us, went “oooooooh-no” and peaced the fuck out.
    They saw us dumping our shit into the waters we drink and swim in and they thought - Lets keep driving hunny.