solo challenge: only have to do it once per class?

i thought i had read a while back that blizz had made it so that if you do the mage tower on a toon all of your specs will have access to it. is that true? so let's say i do the demo lock one..will that give me access to the destro/aff solo appearances also? thanks

Each spec is different and requires to be complete on that spec.

nope, each spec has it's own challenge you need to do.

Deleted
    Not true. Wouldn't make any sense.

You have to complete a mage tower for each spec to get each spec's appearance.

Mage Tower is not WoD Challenge Modes, so no.

Gotta do each quest for each Artifact, to unlock appearances. And they won't be account-wide come BfA.

As for the tints, my Druid unlocked 2 Mage tower artifact appearances, I did 10 dungeons afterwards. Then a while later I completed the remaining 2 spec Mage tower challenges, but now I've gotta do 10 dungeons again because the tint hasn't unlocked for those...

So I'd suggest making sure to unlock all base Mage Tower appearances, before working on tints.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-03-11 at 03:21 AM.

Your thinking of unlocking the recolors afterwards, where you dont need to do each spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    Your thinking of unlocking the recolors afterwards, where you dont need to do each spec.
    this must have been what i thought. does anyone know if we will no longer access to doing the mage tower at bfa pre-patch or at bfa launch?

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    this must have been what i thought. does anyone know if we will no longer access to doing the mage tower at bfa pre-patch or at bfa launch?
    I would imagine the pre-patch (8.0) that comes a month or so before the expansion launch proper.

Things that are going away typically become unavailable with the pre-patch, so to be safe I'd say that it's best to get the Mage Tower done across all characters you want it on before the pre-patch.

I'm pretty sure that we'll still be able to earn the various tints after the Mage Tower goes away though, so unlocking the base appearance should be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought i had read a while back that blizz had made it so that if you do the mage tower on a toon all of your specs will have access to it. is that true? so let's say i do the demo lock one..will that give me access to the destro/aff solo appearances also? thanks
    Nope, sorry. One pr. class pr. spec. Wouldn't make sense if one spec could unlock it all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    On the bright side, if it is Lock you're on, all 3 of the challenges are very easy. You can break the Destro one just by alternating fear interrupts with Doomguard's interrupt, and using fear / Coil to interrupt his add summon phase. Demo breaks automatically after surviving long enough. It gets to the point where you just have to break a shield that gets spammed, interrupt, while dodging Valks. Affliction is a joke with 920+ gear without the ring, much lower with the ring, and various methods to break it as well.

So if you're worried about Lock, rest assured that it's one of the easiest classes to get all 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And they won't be account-wide come BfA.
    Is there a source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Is there a source for this?
    Thank the LIGHT you asked me this!!

It seems that I was told a lie, because I found this for a source:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=276367/l...on-hazzikostas

Will artifact skins earned on a current character be available on a new character of the same class?

The artifact skins will be account-wide as long as its the same class and spec.

I just hope the person saying that Mage Tower appearances would be excluded, was wrong!!

10+ Year Old Account

Will artifact skins earned on a current character be available on a new character of the same class?

I just hope the person saying that Mage Tower appearances would be excluded, was wrong!!
    Whew. I was about to be sad if they weren't. Thanks for providing a source saying otherwise, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just still hope that they remove the spec requirement for the transmog in BFA. Classes like Ele shaman, holy pala, and a lesser extent Frost DK are going to get shafted if they stay

10+ Year Old Account

Awww I specifically got the brewmaster one because I wanted to use it on all my specs after BFA. Super bummed all the appearances are spec-locked. Should have figured Blizz would want to limit the appearances.