Poll: Do you believe we have been visited by E.T

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Again, all these offer are vague truthisms. nothing concrete is stated in a single one of them that points to "yes aliens visited earth." In fact they are almost ALL commenting on hearsay.
    Never dismiss the wall of text copy and paste from ufodata.com!!!

Yes, I believe we have been visited by aliens. There's a professor by the name of Giorgio A. Tsoukalos who has some absolutely fascinating theories on how aliens helped our ancestors advance in engineering and technology thousands of years ago.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    UFO's certainly exist. But here is a hint. They are not from another world.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

No

Undecided.

I have had one strange experience -

My folks were outside having a drink, while a friend and me were inside the house. Dad comes running in to grab a camera and shouts me to come outside and see what hes looking at.

Outside in the distance, I'd say less than a mile away but high up is this fairly large glowing orange light / orb. Anyways I say thats a plane then he says watch it. So we watch it for 40 seconds or so when it click, this light is suspended there. 100% not moving, at this point Im like wtf. At this point is then we both go to take a picture and the second those two camera were aimed at this light it started moving. This movement pattern was kinda of like a curvature in a graph, it went up but like half a circle up. It went quite high then the light just went off.

Now here where it gets freaky a little, two hours later we all went spontaneously blind..........

Seriously though, my folks saw this 5 minutes prior to calling us outside, about 2 minutes before calling us he ran in and grabbed his phone and his 'radio'. His phone has a app which shows all the planes passing over your head and gives you all the details on - within the commercial sector. The app didn't indicate any planes overhead or anywhere near. His 'radio' (which Im pretty sure is illegal in the UK now) detects flight chatter from pilots cockpits. This thing isn't a toy it's the real deal big arse hunk of machine. And lastly, less reliable / accurate, my old man has a good idea of all the routine flights over head and there wasn't one due at 2am this morning (We live right over in rural Wales, theres very few routine flights passing over us).

So if anything is going to convince me aliens are watching us or visiting us, that would of been my strongest argument for it. But now lets get logical.

Where I live, 15 mile to the east is a valley which is renowned for RAF training, they have daily and nightly exercises there, its a world renown spot for photographers as planes come down low enough that the photographers can walk up a hill and be on eye level with the pilots. To our west (at the time anyways) was a restricted RAF base, now I know for a fact they tested a lot of prototypes there (friend of the family used to work on their 'drones' years ago, talking multi million pound piece of tech). So the logical conclusion is this was a secret training exercise or test run of a new aircraft. As for it zipping away when we went to take a picture? I'd put that one down to coincidence
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

absolutely believe we've been visited.

too many similar stories across history. and look at pyramids all over the world.

ancient astronaut theorists are even a thing!

oh, you better believe we've been visited and are still currently being visited.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. They left my ass here. I'm still waiting for my ride home.

Anyway. At this point you'd have a better chance of proving God exists. Even IF some of the stories and reports are 100% true, there are so many falsified reports and made up stories that nobody can tell the difference. And as far as the stuff that happened in ancient history, all we can really say for sure is "We just don't know". We weren't there. Again, we have religious texts saying gods did this, gods did that, and then we have UFO reports and pictures from the same times. How can you take one seriously without the other? Which one is the truth? Nobody here can say 100% that this painting or that archaic report is the factual truth. We as a species were pretty damned ignorant back then, making any credibility on what they say basically hogwash.

I firmly believe that there is other life outside our world. Where? Eh, doesn't matter. As to whether or not we have been visited? It's entirely possible. The biggest issue is we keep trying to put things into human terms, restrict everything with human restrictions, and confine things to our laws of the universe. Just because WE say you can't travel faster than the speed of light, or travel through worm holes, doesn't mean it isn't possible. It just isn't by our standards, and our standards are constantly proven wrong. That's kinda the point of Science.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2018-03-11 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Weren’t the “Gods” ETs? Or maybe they were us as time travelers from our future visiting our past?...

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Weren’t the “Gods” ETs? Or maybe they were us as time travelers from our future visiting our past?...
    Or possibly they were time travelers from our past visiting the future, my friend.

No evidence therefore no

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    No. I can't even grasp with my puny mortal mind just how far we've looked out into space and not found a sign of intelligence life. Then combine that with the inefficiency of space travel and there's just no way. Unless their species was incredibly good at hiding. Like mole-people or something.

Look at us from space and it's pretty conspicuous at a glance that this planet houses life.

The % of space we looked at is still insignidicant to the size of the universe, and our looking glasses are to weak to find anything far away.

It's definitely a plausible possibility.

Nope, the light from our sun hasn't exactly reached that far relatively speaking. Never mind signals that would indicate life was here to be interacted with, which aren't going to travel as fast as light so umm that's an even longer wait. Assuming Aliens are looking for life to interact with, and if not.. I think they'd be a tad less shy about coming here to claim resources.
    This doesn't mean I don't believe aliens exist, universe is just too big for my liking for it not to have something else out there. But that it's that scale that makes it unlikely we've been interacting with aliens on more than a "Oh look there is a new star in our sky, let's call it Bob-198467." Maybe even now their telescopes are looking for the wobbles that indicate the presence of a planet and we've gave some scientist his five minutes of fame with his discovery of "TRFB-03".
    There could even be discussions on how they might be able to adapt to a planet like TRFB-03, and what strange life could grow on such a planet. Plans to listen for signals, send probes, and theories TRFBians have been coming to their planet and probing their citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are the aliens, thx bye.

Yes we definitely have, i recall that there was some kind of laser that saved a nuclear facility from nuclear detonation. There's also the black knight, no they aren't hostile and they don't want to communicate with us. Not until we take down the voidlords.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say really, I mean no obvious evidence to support it so theres that, also our planet is pretty mundane really nothing much special compared to the billions of others out there. They might passby and simply look at us like we look at ants and think nothing of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    We are the aliens, thx bye.
    In this vein... No not yet. The first ET's that will visit Earth will be us. People born on Mars, the Moon, Space station, Jupiter/Saturn moon, etc. They will come back to visit "where humans first started" for tourism or visit family.

If Enon Musk can keep the time table this will happen in the next 25 years.

No, it cant be.
    Why? Because EVEN if they were to master light speed, they still couldn't come to us in less than thousands and thousands years, and for what? Not mentionning they would need to know we are here first; but they wouldn't because as light as a limit speed, they could not see us with the state we are now, rather, they would see Earth like it was 10.000 of even 100.000 years ago.

No. I can't even grasp with my puny mortal mind just how far we've looked out into space and not found a sign of intelligence life. Then combine that with the inefficiency of space travel and there's just no way. Unless their species was incredibly good at hiding. Like mole-people or something.

Look at us from space and it's pretty conspicuous at a glance that this planet houses life.
    In the grand scheme of things that's not visible very far at all. You'd have to be pretty much already on us to see that. As for how far out we've seen in the universe and not seen anything, I saw a good quote recently about that that basically said "that's like scooping up a cup of water out of the the ocean and saying there's no fish"

I like to think they exist and that they've already visited us. They just don't care enough to announce themselves or make it obvious anymore than we need to announce ourselves to most animals on earth. We live close enough to run into them often enough but nobody goes out of their way to find insects or rabbits etc in the woods just to tell them you're here.

I don't think we can see exoplanets with the detail you think...

Of course not.

Given how utterly inept governments are - every government in the world most of the time - it is amazing how efficient some people think they are at covering evidence of UFOs.