Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm saying people are that insecure that they get enjoyment out of mocking and shitting on those unfortunate than themselves
    How do you know they get enjoyment out of that?

Flying coach is uncomfortable for everyone. Want some comfort - fly first class. Oh? You are disabled and even first class is not good for you - ENDURE. It's not a big deal. What people are really getting enjoyment out of is this "woe is me" attitude.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So your unwilling to consider other disabled people? You can manage therefore everybody can? Do you fly regular?
    I treat everyone as equally as I can. Doesn't mean I have to put up with bullshit from other disabled people who think they are entitled to special treatments. Fuck, I don't even use my blue badge as much as I could do.

I make effort to manage having some kind of normal exsistance, I simply ask the same of others. I understand you are wheelchair bound, but you have means to get out of that chair and sit somewhat comfortably with an aid, for example, a moulded air cushion similar to your chair. Due to your illness, I'm guessing you are rather thin? please correct me if I am wrong there though.

I don't fly. Even though I have a passport, I haven't been out of UK since I was 15, so that's 19 years. I wouldn't manage to sit still that long in an aircraft, so I don't do it. Simple thing really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

Flying coach is uncomfortable for everyone.
    Actually, It wasn't for me. I'm 5ft 4 (160cm), so I was perfectly fine XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Actually, It wasn't for me. I'm 5ft 4 (160cm), so I was perfectly fine XD
    Must have been a short distance. Try flying coach for 13+ hours straight...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Must have been a short distance. Try flying coach for 13+ hours straight...
    This was Manchester to Florida non stop. It was back in 1999 though.

Deleted
    As long as they don't delay the flight, why not?

Could be a premium service option to have a wheelchair on a plane for an additional fee.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was Manchester to Florida non stop. It was back in 1999 though.
    Hmm, so a 9h flight. I could imagine being comfortable during that back in 1999 though. Youth, heh.

Watched the majority of the video,

Here's whats going to cause problems, on smaller planes for shorter travels, it won't work. On larger planes it's feasible I'd imagine, but those seats are going to be few. Don't take offence but the number of non wheel chaired people to wheel chair bound people, makes wheel chairs uses in a minority (In regards to flying now), financially it isn't viable for a company to not have regular seats.

So at this point, we have a plane with a few slots shall we call it? They'll be popular and you can bet the airlines will hike that price up to 'cover the costs'.

Then you have existing planes, do we remove one at a time to be modified? It might only be a case of ripping a row of seats out and adding in the holds for the clamps, but it's going to take at-least a day. So theres the cost of removing that plane out of circulation for the day, and you need to repeat this god knows how many times.

Then I'd imagine theres some sort of health and safety aspect involved

Then you're bound to get the arsehole who sits behind the chair complaining because he's lost his leg room or because his neighbour has extra space under the seat in front and he doesn't now.

I don't think the solution is to tailor a designated space to wheel chair users, I think the solution is to stop designs of packing everyone in like sardines and gradually bring in (for want of a better word) more comfort. Something that works for everyone.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    You dodo...
    I have no idea what you mean.

- - - Updated - - -

You're conveniently ignoring "not safe" people have wheelchairs adapted for reasons I physical can't sit in a normal chair without preasure sores
    So get something that makes you able to sit in a seat?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m 5’3 (108 lbs) and flying is uncomfortable as fuck for me.
    I'm 5'2 and 128 lbs and flying is uncomfortable as fuck for me as well.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m 5’3 (108 lbs) and flying is uncomfortable as fuck for me.
    Suppose it's also to do with the aircraft that you're in. I'm 90% sure it was a A330-200 we were in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post

So get something that makes you able to sit in a seat?
    Oh I tried that. Seems he can't sit in anything that causes slight discomfort. Right princess tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Why can't the airlines just have special wheelchairs then that you borrow at the airport and return before you leave at your destination airport that all have a certain size? That way the airplanes only have to adjust to one type of wheelchair.
    Because wheel chairs are custom. They're made specifically for the needs of the person who is to use them. While a standard wheel chair such as the ones you see offered at stores, will work for people who are elderly, have broken legs, etc. would work, people with much more serious conditions will not be able to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    This seems to be a reasonable way to go about it either a special airplane wheelchair or just have ones you can purchase that are rated for air travel with a set of standard tie down connectors. I think the biggest reason this won't happen is they keep trying to smash more and more people into less and less space there just is not room for it.
    This. It comes down to them not being able to cram people in like cattle.

Untill they figure this out you can always fly emirates and book the most expensive ticket they have. Then you get afreak'n bed to lie in and shower options while flying

10+ Year Old Account
    So your unwilling to consider other disabled people? You can manage therefore everybody can? Do you fly regular?
    Do you fly regularly? Is yes, how do you afford it without ever working?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hilarious coming from you considering you were railing against efforts to allow disabled people to use disbled spaces.
    I was railing against people with no physical ailments using disabled spaces and if you want to continue that discussion then take it there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Do you fly regularly? Is yes, how do you afford it without ever working?
    I have flown 5 times, as part of my welfare package if you will is respite funds which essentially is an amount of money allocated to fund trips out with a care team

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    Because wheel chairs are custom. They're made specifically for the needs of the person who is to use them. While a standard wheel chair such as the ones you see offered at stores, will work for people who are elderly, have broken legs, etc. would work, people with much more serious conditions will not be able to use them.
    In the case of traveling on airplanes what need does someone need other than sitting on them? Also I am not suggesting airlines make one that isn't moddable for the needs of the person that requires it. I am just saying there could be a standard size for them so they fit in at a certain area on the airplane.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was railing against people with no physical ailments using disabled spaces and if you want to continue that discussion then take it there
    So mentally disabled people aren't disabled in your opinion?

Deleted
    So mentally disabled people aren't disabled in your opinion?
    no they're not physically disabled

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    But they are disabled. Doesn't matter if it's physically or mentally.

Mental disorders can be considered to be disabilities as well.

Deleted
    But they are disabled. Doesn't matter if it's physically or mentally.
    I never said they wasn't which you fullwell know