Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Trump praised other countries for imposing the death penalty or life in prison for drug dealers, saying the United States should consider similar penalties.
    "I think it's a discussion we have to start thinking about. I don't know if we're ready -- I don't know if this country's ready for it," Trump said.
    He said those convicted of killing just one person in shootings and stabbings at times face the death penalty or life in prison without parole. But, he said, someone can "kill 5,000 people with drugs because you're smuggling them in and you're making a lot of money and people are dying," and go without serious punishment.

"That's why we have a problem, folks. I don't think we should play games," Trump said. "Now, I never did polling on that -- I don't know if that's popular, I don't know if that's unpopular. ... But these people are killing our kids and they're killing our families, and we have to do something. We can't just keep setting up blue-ribbon committees with your wife and your wife and your husband, and they meet and they have a meal and they talk, talk talk talk, two hours later, then they write a report."

Your country is in serious trouble. There was a time when I would have laughed at the thought of the death penalty being applicable to anything other than murder in America. But these days... i'm just not so sure.

He is going to win 2020. We all know it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/10/polit...one/index.html
    >Destroy hundreds or thousands of lives
    >slap on the wrist

>Destroy 1 life
    >death penalty

Your opinion is logically inconsistent and terribly cucked. Nobody becomes a drug dealer by accident. It is a conscious rejection of the social contract in the same way as murder.

Also, giving people the opportunity to plea down to rat out their cartel would actually have a chance of success. Currently, that doesn't work because they know the cartel will kill them if they rat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    America decent into a third world society, slow and painful to watch.
    Third world societies don't let their children be poisoned by organized crime rings? Why is the first world so much worse than the first world, then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never seen Mary J kill a man, so why should a man die for Mary J?!

I wonder how people would react if Trump wanted to bring gulag punishment! would they go against this?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You forget he is the most powerful man in the world?
    You assume I give a single fuck?

I am over listening to him say things, 2 days later retract / tell us what he really means / change stance. So when something like this comes out I don't listen to it. A few days later when I get the "what he really means.." I will sit up and listen. But anything coming from his mouth or finger tips in the moment? Meaningless.

It is just him sucking you in so you pay attention to his bullshit instead of whats actually going on around you.

Deleted
    Since I am anti-death penalty I'd say a life long prison sentence woud be fitting for a drug dealer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No one is defending what they do. The death sentence is usually given to people who do the most extreme and heinous crimes. It’s given to criminals who do unspeakable things... things we just can’t comprehend anyone doing because they can be that evil. Dealing drugs isn’t one of these things.
    So you are totally okay with people selling and making money from substances that can kill someone very quickly such as Cocaine, Heroine, Ice, Methamphetamine, Ecstasy and many others?

Trump praised other countries for imposing the death penalty or life in prison for drug dealers, saying the United States should consider similar penalties.
    "I think it's a discussion we have to start thinking about. I don't know if we're ready -- I don't know if this country's ready for it," Trump said.
    He said those convicted of killing just one person in shootings and stabbings at times face the death penalty or life in prison without parole. But, he said, someone can "kill 5,000 people with drugs because you're smuggling them in and you're making a lot of money and people are dying," and go without serious punishment.

"That's why we have a problem, folks. I don't think we should play games," Trump said. "Now, I never did polling on that -- I don't know if that's popular, I don't know if that's unpopular. ... But these people are killing our kids and they're killing our families, and we have to do something. We can't just keep setting up blue-ribbon committees with your wife and your wife and your husband, and they meet and they have a meal and they talk, talk talk talk, two hours later, then they write a report."

Your country is in serious trouble. There was a time when I would have laughed at the thought of the death penalty being applicable to anything other than murder in America. But these days... i'm just not so sure.

When they start talking about throwing the CEO's of McDonalds, BurgerKing, etc (fast food joints) into prison for killing people I'll listen. I'm sure fast food has contributed to more deaths than someone smoking pot. Lets not forget about Alcohol CEO's too....

Sometimes I think Trump just says crap to troll and get reactions.... but its a scary thought from someone with that position.

What about executing bar tenders and tobacco salesmen?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Edit nevermind
    Last edited by Somewhatconcerned; 2018-04-02 at 05:40 PM.

Drugs don't kill people, people kill people.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Another ridiculous policy idea. Three steps back, two steps back. Never forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    America decent into a third world society, slow and painful to watch.
    It's awful to BE here seeing it happen. I'm hopeful that the recent surge of red-states going blue will turn an enormous tide in 2018 and 2020. Otherwise, we'll either be The Handmaid's Tale or civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I think I can an safely say that this is just one of many stupid suggestions by Trump and those championing it such as those in this thread and his ardent cheerleading squad are made in his image to not be able to see the ramifications of what he's suggesting.
    What are the negative ramifications of killing drug dealers? Please spell it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Another ridiculous policy idea. Three steps back, two steps back. Never forward.
    "Forward" is not the same thing as "more degenerate and broken as a society."

Time keeps going forward at least. He hasn't rolled that back yet, but wouldn't be surprised if he made announcement that henceforth 2018 will be called 1951 from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    What are the negative ramifications of killing drug dealers? Please spell it out.
    Please review the last 30 years of drug enforcement policy and then get back to us. "Drug dealers" is a very loose term, that has been abused and racially applied too much. With our new Dear Leader, I don't see the racist part of that going away any time soon. Yes, I know you were answering someone else.

"Forward" is not the same thing as "more degenerate and broken as a society."
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Please clarify. Unless you're agreeing with me, which I can almost see from what you said, but don't think you actually are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Time keeps going forward at least. He hasn't rolled that back yet, but wouldn't be surprised if he made announcement that henceforth 2018 will be called 1951 from now on.
    Lol - good point. Did you see that in NK the "year" is something like 102, the year the first Leader was born.

Drug dealers are up there with rapists and child abusers in my opinion. I wouldnt have really have any issues with this.

Lol - good point. Did you see that in NK the "year" is something like 102, the year the first Leader was born.
    no, I didn't know that. Not that I find it surprising that they want their own special year count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Of course he does, if we’re talking drug king pin level criminals then I have no issue with it other than, you know, how much money we piss away putting people on death row. But hey the moral high horse club gets to sleep well at night so no worries there!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Of course he does, if we’re talking drug king pin level criminals then I have no issue with it other than, you know, how much money we piss away putting people on death row. But hey the moral high horse club gets to sleep well at night so no worries there!
    We're talking about the leader of a crime family wanting to put to death leaders of crime organizations. The irony is delicious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    Drug dealers are up there with rapists and child abusers in my opinion. I wouldnt have really have any issues with this.
    To me, they are far below those two. Plus, you have to take into account what the law actually defines as a drug dealer. It's not the hollywood kingpins we see in movies. I'm not saying they shouldn't be jailed, but the death penalty - no.

Nah let them sell. The drug dealers dont kill people, the drug does. Right?

Really strickt laws, with either lifetime in prison or death penalty does not really work in your country. People still do alot of criminal stuff in USA anyway. But the solution over in the "land of the free" is to come up with even harsher penalties. I bet it will work. Suddenly there will be no drug dealers around. Suddenly, the huge usage of drugs in US will stop.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2018-03-11 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    Imagine a weak soul who begins to sell weed. On his first night of trying to find customers he is caught by the police. Only a totalitarian regime on par with North Korea would sentence that man to death.