Kul'tiran males look like this:

You need glasses dude.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    You need glasses dude.
    kek

Real WoW Mountain is Vrykul (sorry big picture):

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Why would you want to play as short troll with a straight back? Why would you want to play as a tauren with moose horns? Why would you want to play as a grey dwarf? Or a brown orc? Or a slightly shinier draenei? Most core races are getting an allied race that is related to them. Why wouldn't humans get one too?
    Then give us Vrykul? Fat people are another "Void Elves" pull out of the ass.
    Last edited by Jack Black; 2018-03-11 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Kul'tiras has a long history from the RTS games preceding WoW. It's also Jaina's home. Vrykul are an ass pulled race from Wotlk with no originality whatsoever. They mirror viking stereotypes in everything but the size, and the size would have to be retconned to at least half to make them playable, so that ould go too. Might as well make a Cowboy race or a Rabbi race too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    They're not even a different race, they are just Gnomes that are cursed. Remove the curse and they are just Gnomes.
    The Cure for the curse of flesh would change a flesh part into its original matter (Metal / Stone).
    Leper Gnomes flesh is infected and is rotting, so the cure would reoginate it in its original matter.

Lepper gnomes would have parts of their face or members changed into technological ones.

The idea behind getting Gnomeregan for good is that the city is a great complex to study energies and materials like Azerite.
    Gnomeregan would be used for the ingeneering research, the path between Ironforge and the Shadowforge in Blackrock Mountain will be opened, so it will facilitate the War Machines production.

Not many people liked Stormheim, the Valajar and Odyn, it was one of the most heavily criticized part of Legion. Blizz wouldn't put a race into the game that people newly despise, even if they were more liked in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Slight difference: Horde have been crying for upright orcs forever. Alliance hasn't ever asked for fat or skinny humans.
    And I am sure if Blizzard had arbitrarily decided Quasimodo was the template for Humans out the gate, the Alliance would have been screaming for upright humans for years.

Half the horde can't even equip boots.

The argumentation is then effectively "Because Blizz shafted horde out the gate, they can't ever make it right."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Not many people liked Stormheim, the Valajar and Odyn, it was one of the most heavily criticized part of Legion. Blizz wouldn't put a race into the game that people newly despise, even if they were more liked in Wrath.
    If they went back to Northrend Vrykul and we got to catch up on what they've been doing since we kicked their king's ass and killed Arthas, maybe people would like them more.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Maybe they are just not ready yet?

Its not argument. People were tired of orcs back in WoD. Now look at Mag'har.

Kul'tiras has a long history from the RTS games preceding WoW. It's also Jaina's home. Vrykul are an ass pulled race from Wotlk with no originality whatsoever. They mirror viking stereotypes in everything but the size, and the size would have to be retconned to at least half to make them playable, so that ould go too. Might as well make a Cowboy race or a Rabbi race too.
    Yes I am aware that Kul Tiras is old Warcraft nation. But big bulky and fat Kul Tiras humans we saw in alpha IS ass pull. It also not like all of Kul Tiras like that - only 1/3 of population. Since when Kul Tiras human look like that? Since BFA. I call its ass pull.

Yes Vrykul were ass pull back in WotLK. But it was good ass pull. They were developed through whole expansion. Have good chunk of lore and story. In Legion they become relevant again and received NEW model and textures. They also have good amount of fans and most important requested as race.

Why instead of them Blizzard creating fat people? Why wasting resources to make fat and big humans if you already have Vrykul? Its stupid.

They pretty easy could write them into Kul Tiras as Drustvar who being actually ancient Vrykul tribe like Tideskorn who left Northrend. Its not like Vrykul lived only in Northrend. They want give human Allied Race druid class? Vrykul can work too.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I'd love to poll how many of the most angry anti-Kul'tiran people are either

A) High Elf supporters.

B) Vrykul supporters.

or C) Actually just dislike having another Human race.

Because I feel like it'd be like 45-45-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You know I'd love to poll how many of the most angry anti-Kul'tiran people are either

A) High Elf supporters.

B) Vrykul supporters.

or C) Actually just dislike having another Human race.

Because I feel like it'd be like 45-45-10.
    Same question. I would like to make poll how many of fat Kul Tirasian supporters are Horde players...

It does seem really odd to pair Zandalari Trolls against Dark Iron Dwarves as if that's even remotely equal. Especially because the Dark Irons don't seem to have any real presence in Kul'Tiras. They should have announced the Kul'Tiran Humans to match the Zandalar, then followed up with the Mag'har Orcs paired with Dark Iron Dwarves. But they misread the situation, I guess. Now the announcement of Kul'Tiran Humans seems both inevitable and disappointing. The only thing we can hope is that Blizz is holding off until new druid forms are made for Kul'Tirans or something so there is actually some quality shown besides just "here's your fat humans."

10+ Year Old Account
    Same question. I would like to make poll how many of fat Kul Tirasian supporters are Horde players...
    Now THAT is a juicy conspiracy theory. Think Horde wants Kul'tirans just to sit comfortably on their dinosaur forms?

Honestly, that line of thought reminds me of a Taliesen & Evitel video. Now they're some of the problem youtubers as far as whipping people into a frenzy, but they did float the whole idea of "the Horde are winning Allied Races."

When did Allied Races become about "winning" anyway? Nobody seems to be able to explain it to me. Seems to me a lot of people are just now realizing their faction allegiance doesn't run as deep as they thought, and that they can in fact be convinced to switch factions just based on race aesthetics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    It does seem really odd to pair Zandalari Trolls against Dark Iron Dwarves as if that's even remotely equal. Especially because the Dark Irons don't seem to have any real presence in Kul'Tiras. They should have announced the Kul'Tiran Humans to match the Zandalar, then followed up with the Mag'har Orcs paired with Dark Iron Dwarves. But they misread the situation, I guess. Now the announcement of Kul'Tiran Humans seems both inevitable and disappointing. The only thing we can hope is that Blizz is holding off until new druid forms are made for Kul'Tirans or something so there is actually some quality shown besides just "here's your fat humans."
    Would it have helped? Reading most of the Anti-Kul'tiran posts it probably would have led to a "mass unsubscription" thread or something. I'd love people to come out with some grand counterpart to Zandalari. When pressed most people just default to more reskins, "Wildhammer Dwarves!" "High Elves!" occasionally Vrykul are floated which basically reinforces the fact that we're going to get Kul'tirans since Kul'tirans live on Kul'tiras, and look similar to Vrykul, who don't live on Kul'tiras.

Yes Vrykul were ass pull back in WotLK. But it was good ass pull. They were developed through whole expansion. Have good chunk of lore and story. In Legion they become relevant again and received NEW model and textures. They also have good amount of fans and most important requested as race.
    They were stupid and continue to be stupid. Not because of being an ass pull, 90% of Warcraft lore consists of ass pulls, but because of their lack of originality.

Name me one thing about the Vrykul that isn't lazily pulled out of a bucket of viking stereotypes. You can't. Everything about them is viking, and they have most of the major viking stuff. They look like vikings, they act like vikings, they dress like vikings, their buildings are viking, their customs and attitudes are viking, their beards are viking, the zones they are in are all Scandinavian-looking, all their gods are norse gods with one letter changed, their afterlives are taken from norse mythology, their women are shieldmaidens, etc. What sets them apart?

I mean, all races take some inspiration from real world cultures, but it's never as exclusive and all-encompassing as the Vrykul. Not even with NPC races, let alone playable ones (Tol'vir are Egyptian, but they don't mummify themselves, they're not humans, etc.).

Tauren have some Native American vibes, but they are not human, they are bull men, and they don't use generic stereotypes: they don't walk around smoking peace pipes, they don't take scalps, they don't call their women squaws, they don't sing around fires, very few of them actually wear feathers, and their religion, surprisingly, isn't really native american.

Pandaren are heavily Asian themed, but again: they're pandas, not humans, they don't currently have a stereotypical Chinese culture, they are fat and like beer, which are not Asian stereotypes, the Sha that plagued their land was an original concept, the turtle doesn't really play into Chinese stereotypes... they use some stuff, but they are their own race.

Even humans, which many claim are the blandest race, aren't really limited to borrowing from one single culture or trope. There is some medieval and 19th Europe there, some Wild West, some fairy tale kingdom, a little bit of Venice, with a religion that deviates quite a lot from the widespread monotheism in the settings it borrows from.

But Vrykul? Vrykul are shit. They're not an original Warcraft race, they are just big vikings. This is fine for an NPC race, but playable? Worst race of the bunch.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2018-03-11 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    It does seem really odd to pair Zandalari Trolls against Dark Iron Dwarves as if that's even remotely equal.
    I think its okay. Both Zandalari and Dark Iron were first appeared in Vanilla. Both are Empire nations that were hostile to us but now become our Allies. Plus there always was this Dwarf vs Troll theme just like Human vs Orc.

- - - Updated - - -

They were stupid and continue to be stupid. Not because of being an ass pull, 90% of Warcraft lore consists of ass pulls, but because of their lack of originality.

Name me one thing about the Vrykul that isn't lazily pulled out of a bucket of viking stereotypes. You can't. Everything about them is viking, and they have most of the major viking stuff. They look like vikings, they act like vikings, they dress like vikings, their buildings are viking, their customs and attitudes are viking, their beards are viking, the zones they are in are all Scandinavian-looking, all their gods are norse gods with one letter changed, their afterlives are taken from norse mythology, their women are shieldmaidens, etc. What sets them apart?
    Since when Viking is bad? Its actually diversity for human like race considering most of human kingdoms based on medieval european kingdoms. Vikings its also tribal and feral themes that humans lack in WoW.

But Vrykul? Vrykul are shit. They're not an original Warcraft race, they are just big vikings. This is fine for an NPC race, but playable? Worst race of the bunch.
    So you would pick Kul Tirasian human who SUDDENLY become bulky and fat for no real reasons just for sake of have similarities with Vrykul over actual Vrykul who have legit reasons to look like big human? Lets make it clear.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean, all races take some inspiration from real world cultures, but it's never as exclusive and all-encompassing as the Vrykul. Not even with NPC races, let alone playable ones (Tol'vir are Egyptian, but they don't mummify themselves, they're not humans, etc.).

Tauren have some Native American vibes, but they are not human, they are bull men, and they don't use generic stereotypes: they don't walk around smoking peace pipes, they don't take scalps, they don't call their women squaws, they don't sing around fires, very few of them actually wear feathers, and their religion, surprisingly, isn't really native american.

Pandaren are heavily Asian themed, but again: they're pandas, not humans, they don't currently have a stereotypical Chinese culture, they are fat and like beer, which are not Asian stereotypes, the Sha that plagued their land was an original concept, the turtle doesn't really play into Chinese stereotypes... they use some stuff, but they are their own race.

Even humans, which many claim are the blandest race, aren't really limited to borrowing from one single culture or trope. There is some medieval and 19th Europe there, some Wild West, some fairy tale kingdom, a little bit of Venice, with a religion that deviates quite a lot from the widespread monotheism in the settings it borrows from.

I thought they were cool back in Wrath when they were these weird human-like guys who apparently had slept for thousands of years and were awoken by the Lich King. And then the reveal of them banishing the cursed Humans from Northrend.

I thought them turning into stereotypical norse people in Legion was where Blizz went wrong.

Since when Viking is bad? Its actually diversity for human like race considering most of human kingdoms based on medieval european kingdoms. Vikings its also tribal and feral themes that humans lack in WoW.
    Vikings are not bad, but I don't need or want to come to Warcraft for Vikings. Warcraft is its own universe, it shouldn't have 1:1 vikings. By all means, use real world culture, but add something of your own to them and take something else away, otherwise it reeks of lazy world building.

So you would pick Kul Tirasian human who SUDDENLY become bulky and fat for no real reasons just for sake of have similarities with Vrykul over actual Vrykul who have legit reasons to look like big human? Lets make it clear.
    Absolutely. And they weren't made bulky necessarily to make them more like Vrykul, but to make them different from Stormwind humans. Zandalari were also SUDDENLY made to stand upright in MoP, along other major changes, and that was fine.

Also, Vrykul as shown in the game would be twice as tall as the tallest playable model. You would have to SUDDENLY reduce a playable Vrykul to the size of a Vrykul's leg to make it Tauren-sized. If that is fine to you, then you have no basis to complain about other adjustments made to races in order to make them playable.

What most people disliked about the Stormheim/Odyn story was Odyn going “I will test you now, well done, have another trial, good work on that trial, now go do this to prove your worth...”, which was especially silly as a warrior, since opening up the class hall took... you guessed it, several trials, tests and other tasks...

15+ Year Old Account
    People are complaining Fat Humans are just Fat Humans.
    Brown Orcs are just Brown Orcs.
    Dark Skinned Dwarves are just that.
    Zandalari are Amazing?
    Worgen were pretty impressive and creative when released, comparing to Goblins.

Players will always complain about the other greener side.

What could Alliance get?
    - Vrykul
    - Fat Human and Thin Human as customization for Humans on par with Upright Orc - not a whole new race
    - Jinyu
    - Broken
    - Sethrak
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2018-03-11 at 08:57 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I thought they were cool back in Wrath when they were these weird human-like guys who apparently had slept for thousands of years and were awoken by the Lich King. And then the reveal of them banishing the cursed Humans from Northrend.

I thought them turning into stereotypical norse people in Legion was where Blizz went wrong.
    Sleeping for thousands of years was never a major thing for them. It was just an excuse to explain why we never heard about them before, particularly in Warcraft III, but it was hardly ever mentioned afterwards. Not even sure if it should be considered canon anymore, considering Stormheim (Unless their presence there is recent? I dunno).

Legion changed A LOT of major, major stuff. You can say pretty much anything is open to retconning after Legion (not necessarily a bad thing, depends on the quality of the result). But I always got the impression Vrykul were vikings, even in Northrend. I mean, they had the look, the setting, the Val'kyrs...