Question Death Knight Level Requirement

Hello.

My friend have a problem. He wants to start play World of Warcraft, but he always picks and plays as dark knight/paladin type of class. Since there requirement to have level 58+ character before unlocking Death Knight what do you will recommend? He don't want to waste time and effort to level character he knows he will drop once he unlocks DK.

Deleted
    Suggest he levels a paladin since he always picks and plays a paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Ganondorn View Post
    End of the thread I reckon? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ganondorn View Post
    Sorry i maybe worded it poorly. Its always dark paladin or knight type of class. Besides he played Final Fantasy for long time as dark knight and prefer 2H sword style of tanking. And DK in WoW its the only class capable of it.

Tell him to go for a monk, with the xp quest buff that is the faster class to 58, then he can switch to dk, you can boost him in dungeons if you have a high level char

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Hello.

My friend have a problem. He wants to start play World of Warcraft, but he always picks and plays as dark knight/paladin type of class. Since there requirement to have level 58+ character before unlocking Death Knight what do you will recommend? He don't want to waste time and effort to level character he knows he will drop once he unlocks DK.
    That restriction was removed, as far as I know. You can make a DK without needing a level 55+. I did it on my brand new account.

EDIT: You still need to pay the 20 bucks for the battle chest, however.
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2018-03-11 at 07:26 PM.

you don't get a boost when you buy the game? he can use in one character then play his DK

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    That restriction was removed, as far as I know. You can make a DK without needing a level 55+. I did it on my brand new account.

EDIT: You still need to pay the 20 bucks for the battle chest, however.
    It is?

And what Battle Chest?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jailson Mendes View Post
    you don't get a boost when you buy the game? he can use in one character then play his DK
    He don't want waste money on Legion. Since BFA release is not really far he want just buy classic expansion bundle and wait while Legion getting included in it. Then buy BFA.

It is?

And what Battle Chest?

- - - Updated - - -

He don't want waste money on Legion. Since BFA release is not really far he want just buy classic expansion bundle and wait while Legion getting included in it. Then buy BFA.
    Why not just spend the extra $20 bucks and get Classic, Legion, BfA and two boosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Why not just spend the extra $20 bucks and get Classic, Legion, BfA and two boosts?
    He doesn't plan to go hard on WoW right now. That's why I said he don't to want waste time and effort on character he know he will drop. Now he wants just level to 100, get used to game, class etc.

But thanks anyway I will tell him about this option.

It is?

And what Battle Chest?

- - - Updated - - -

Battle Chest is the old name for the base game. The 19.99 version that includes up through WoD. Since it has WotLK, you can get DK.

then he will need to play an easy class, that can lv up fast

i recommend warrior, it can go to the "dark warrior" theme until he get his DK, or, when his DK reach lv 55, you can say he die then the LK revived him, a nice hint about role play

But like people say, you can do a DK right away, since they removed the restrictions

battlechest is a term blizz had used for a set of games rolled together. Most people might be more familiar with the WoW battlechests that include most of the older games together (now is non-legion rolled together?).

em. doesn't they removed WoD expansion and added it to the base game only with start of BfA pre-order? If so then he will wait till... expansion after Bfa
    plus getting used to game on 100 lvl... not sure if it's best idea, cause this game not tuned to low levels (low - not max level i mean)

Edit: nvm - they removed WoD with legion

Deleted
    They removed the lvl requirement for Dks. I recently started playing on a new account and the first char I lvled was a Dk. When choosing DK a message shows up suggesting that if playing wow for the first time then should go for lvl 1 class.

Thanks everyone. Today he finally downloaded the game and started as DK without problem.