Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    are you really that silly as you play to be?
    first you claim NO ONE is doing TolB anymore (which the op is already disproves) and now you claim you meant the same numbers as cata times.
    Nevermind I take my first question back.
    Uhh no I actusllty proved literally no one does it. By thanks. Of course he was exxagerating. But in reality spending hours there every day. I see maybe 1 to 2 other people? And have only really grouped up with people from here on mmochamp. And have only ever seen 1 horde.
    Also I don't think you understand his sarcasm. There is less then 1% doing it now compared to what used to do it in cataclysm, and it is balanced around 40v40 not 1v1.
    Like some old boss fights being made for 40 players, so some mechanics were impossible solo, and guess what blizz has fixed them. Galakras, green dragon, A lot of AQ. Dragon soul shaman and spine.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    I loved TB when it was current content. We frequently had 40-40+ groups on both sides on a pretty even server population wise.

We never had a Horde has it/Alliance has it alternate agreement especially on reset days. However it was more like a 50/50 swap on my server and you wouldn't go an entire day without your faction holding it for dailies.

I think one of the keys now is going to be how many realms are tied into your CRZ for Tol Barad. All it takes is one group of late night players from an opposing faction to make your proposition a complete fail. I really would recommend knocking down towers though and maxing your time while you put a group together.

I had all of my TB stuff so early on in Cata that I forget how long it may have taken me to get stuff like the mount(s).
    1. Even with crz you max see 1-2 people
    2. Since he was level 86 he didnt count as an honorable kill meaning I couldn't destroy the towers (you need at least 1 honorable kill before you can pilot the siege tanks)

Also I did it back then too. But never got the dragon, tabard, or toy cause I didn't want them (or the fox kit because that was not added till I think WoD?)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-03-11 at 04:15 AM.

Shouldn't it be " Tol Barad is legit horrid"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Uhh no he is doubling my time.
    i get 7 tokens a day, i need 200 for the mount
    now if you control tol barad you get another 7, meaning if i can get tol barad i can half the days i need to reach the mount.
    however because a level 86 mage is able to stop a level 110, i can only get 7.

- - - Updated - - -
    You've always only gotten very few per day... even when it was current. Not saying it's ideal and shouldn't be changed but Too Barad was never some insta gratification dealio. (It sucked even when current). It'll simply take a couple months like it's always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    You've always only gotten very few per day... even when it was current. Not saying it's ideal and shouldn't be changed but Too Barad was never some insta gratification dealio. (It sucked even when current). It'll simply take a couple months like it's always worked.
    Uhh what?
    No... You get 6 from the peninsula. Then you get 3 from winning too barad and another 6 from the top barad itself, and also another 3 from your first win of the week

I recently farmed these transmogs and did not have any trouble. I just parked an alt there and did the dailies everyday. It was bearly any effort apart from logging into that character and doing the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    are you really that silly as you play to be?
    first you claim NO ONE is doing TolB anymore (which the op is already disproves) and now you claim you meant the same numbers as cata times.
    Nevermind I take my first question back.
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    No idea why I am responding to this, since I am just going to get another one liner reply that avoids discussing the topic, but hey... I'll give it a try, anyways.
    Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Just sayin'.
    Was able to gather 4 fellow Rpers today, 1, then two others showed up nearly last minute, luckly this time a weekend after everyone is awake so...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Then WoW is not the game for you. Go find a single player game.
    I'm playing, and liking this game since 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I'm playing, and liking this game since 2005!
    Ok? Whats your point?

I know I was doing it with no help. That I know. What I have been saying is unfair since post number 1. Is that.

Why when it is a solo member against a solo member, the defender automatically wins? How is that fair? Everyone is crying and posting "its not solo content, you can't win solo. Get a group"
    So how is it solo content if the mage can win it solo?
    How come for defenders it is solo content, but for attackers it is group content.

It is as if in warsong gulch no one got a capture the horde just won by default. Imagine the uproar.
    I understand you were saying that. I'm saying that the battleground was obviously intended for more people. It's not like an old raid where you can easily solo it (and some old raids have difficult mechanics even for soloing). Blizz isn't going to change the mechanics of the battleground just for folks who want to solo it easily. It's just something you'll have to find another way around or not get around it at all. If you know it's intended for more people, and you know you're doing it alone,why come to the forums about it saying it's horrid? Kind of a moot point really. This seems like the type of thread someone would make in a short-lived bout of frustration.

TL;DR Unless there was hypthetically only one player in the entire WSG, then the mechanics allow for an even chance to win. Tol'barad's BG, like many others in the roster, are asymmetrical though, and only really possible with more players because that's what it was made for. You already admitted to knowing this before going in so I don't see the point of this thread.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-03-11 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    I understand you were saying that. I'm saying that the battleground was obviously intended for more people. It's not like an old raid where you can easily solo it (and some old raids have difficult mechanics even for soloing). Blizz isn't going to change the mechanics of the battleground just for folks who want to solo it easily. It's just something you'll have to find another way around or not get around it at all. Kind of a moot point really.
    "Blizzard won't change the battleground to make it soloable." Yeah man they have never done something like that before...

Galakras.
    Emerald dragon ICC
    D's shaman
    Most of AQ
    Any boss with a mind control.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Blizzard won't change the battleground to make it soloable." Yeah man they have never done something like that before...

Galakras.
    Emerald dragon ICC
    D's shaman
    Most of AQ
    Any boss with a mind control.
    Those are not battlegrounds. The battleground is supposed to be captured by a team. If you cannot defend what you captured, whether you're 1 or 1000 players, YOU CANNOT WIN.
    As one he could still beat a team of 2 or 3 ppl, you if he managed to stall you enough to not cap all bases.

Enough with the autistic threads.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Those are not battlegrounds. The battleground is supposed to be captured by a team. If you cannot defend what you captured, whether you're 1 or 1000 players, YOU CANNOT WIN.
    As one he could still beat a team of 2 or 3 ppl, you if he managed to stall you enough to not cap all bases.

Enough with the autistic threads.
    Again I think you miss the point that it is "somehow fair" that in any situation of 1v1. One side is garunteed to win, and the other literally cannot win.

Ok? Whats your point?
    My point is, if the game wasn't for me, I wouldn't play it this long. I don't really have friends or guildies. I generally don't like group activities. I do not do dungeons, pvp or raids unless I can solo them. But I do like the game. Also the OP is entirely correct. It is not fair.. this is old content and both sides should be able to solo it to complete achievements etc... there is no organised pvp activity anymore and how it works is just handing one faction automatic wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    My point is, if the game wasn't for me, I wouldn't play it this long. I don't really have friends or guildies. I generally don't like group activities. I do not do dungeons, pvp or raids unless I can solo them. But I do like the game. Also the OP is entirely correct. It is not fair.. this is old content and both sides should be able to solo it to complete achievements etc... there is no organised pvp activity anymore and how it works is just handing one faction automatic wins.
    It's a game about group conetent though and no, it's not unfair.

How the hell did this topic get 21 pages? Really?

This fucking topic?

OP was just legit bad/too lazy to kill a lvl 86 player. It is not at all impossible to win Tol Borad 1v1. Just need to strategize so that you can hold 2 towers, once you're there they've basically lost. They can't win as long as you can kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post

OP was just legit bad/too lazy to kill a lvl 86 player.
    OP is a known forum troll too. Serves her right tbh.

Sounds like someone should join a guild or actually make some friends. Blizzard doesn't need to change a thing, this is on you OP.

Also, if you were around when Tol Barad was current content.......you should have done it then.
    If you were around when Tol Barad was current content but you took a break from the game like so many others do.....you deserve your suffering. #NoRemorse
    If the above scenarios DO NOT apply to you......just keep at it kiddo, you'll get there eventually.
    Kthxhugsbye

let it go m8

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Can you please change your portrait and signature. You have been asked many times before. No one wants to look at that garish, vacant obtrusive glaring avatar. It just leers at you. LEERS.
    I have been asked once before, and both times are by you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    How the hell did this topic get 21 pages? Really?

This fucking topic?

OP was just legit bad/too lazy to kill a lvl 86 player. It is not at all impossible to win Tol Borad 1v1. Just need to strategize so that you can hold 2 towers, once you're there they've basically lost. They can't win as long as you can kill them.
    1. i did kill him
    2. i was attacking so please tell me as attacker how i could have won? you need to capture all three, holding 2 towers and killing him still causes me to lose, cause to win you need to capture all three.
    3. again it is literally impossible to win tol barad 1v1 at attacker, the attacker needs to capture all three, well defender only needs to hold atleast one.
    so the attacker needs to be able to be in 3 places at once, where defender only needs to be in 1 place at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a game about group conetent though and no, it's not unfair.
    so why does the attacker need a group to win, but the denfender can solo it? this argument "its group content, you need a group to win" well you dont, if you are a defender you can win solo, but attacker you need a group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    OP is a known forum troll too. Serves her right tbh.
    lol known forum troll? Again how could i have won, please tell me how im trolling that i am lying about having been able to win or not.
    please tell me how i could have won, and dont say "bring others" it only lasts 15 minutes, and by the timer i noticed i was fucked i tried to get others but it was 3:20 Am on a thursday so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    Sounds like someone should join a guild or actually make some friends. Blizzard doesn't need to change a thing, this is on you OP.

Also, if you were around when Tol Barad was current content.......you should have done it then.
    If you were around when Tol Barad was current content but you took a break from the game like so many others do.....you deserve your suffering. #NoRemorse
    If the above scenarios DO NOT apply to you......just keep at it kiddo, you'll get there eventually.
    at 3:20Am in the morning no one in my guild is going to be on.
    i have LOTS of friends, trust me, but again 3:20 Am.
    i did do it when it was current content, but i didnt get the things i now want to get.
    also fucking serioiusly? "You didnt do this old content then, therefore you dont deserve it" show me your acheivments and watch me remove 90% of them because "you didnt do them well it was current"
    I was around, and did tol barad A FUCK TON but i never saw a reason to get the dragon i didnt like, the toy that took up a bag slot, a tabard i didnt need, and a fox pet that wasent added to the shop till a later patch (the fox pet was a rare drop from the foxes on the island, i think in wod? it was added to the vendor for 200 tokens)

and yes i have been keeping at it, ive been gathering allies on my rp realm, freinds, trade chat, and people here on mmochamp to help me with capturing it so i can do the dailies on 4 charecters.
    but i still think it is unfair in a 1v1, defenders win every single time, its like if in warsong gulch if no one captured a flag horde won by default.

also i dont collect funkopop, but i think i need to get that one, holy shit i cant wait for the movie...