Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That helmet looks really good. Well, it looks dorky, as we expected. But it shows it is entirely possible. Thanks Gado for making it
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Gado View Post
    Thanks for posting that for me, I figured since beast races already have a similar design with thier helms, it wouldn't be out of the question for Sethrak to have similar work done for theirs. Hell for a lot of the older, pre-cata helms, they're just straight up slapped on with the back bent up. That's my take anyway.
    (Forgive the crappiness of my photoshop work, I made it in like 5mins to prove a point)
    That's a very well made demonstration, I was waiting for someone to do it! Would be cool to see a mock-up of a full tier set.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    You uh, might wanna replay the dwarf starting zones and look over some of the Vanilla dark iron stuff.

1. I hate the AU clans, it should be MU mag'har using those aesthetics.

2. I don't like the Vulpera, I see them as a negative

3. Alliance should get Furbolg, Jinyu, Mantid, Ethereals, or Arakkoa
    You continuously show you're arguing in bad faith.

1. Your preference for AU or MU is irrelevant. AU exists and is happening.

2. Your subjective opinion on the aesthetics of a potential allied race don't matter either.

3. You say Sethrak fit closer to the Horde because of their loa worship or their "theme", but then somehow think furbolgs, mantids, and arrakoa somehow don't have that rule applied to them and are good picks for Alliance.

Your whole logic of races should match them theme is incredibly flawed, because where was the matching theme in Blood Elves? How about the newly acquired Nightborne? Undead themes don't match the horde either, nor do Goblins. So that the Sethrak are thematically similar to the Horde (potentially) actually reduces their chance of being on the Horde as the horde is a confederation of very different cultures.

Alliance does tend to be an alliance of similar cultures, but that's arguably more reason to introduce a new allied race that changes that, especially under Anduin who is definitely the kind of leader to make some real change within the Alliance.

The Horde already got a ton of races that don't mesh with their theme, it's about time Alliance got one too.

Armor would look shitty on them, so I'm gonna say never. Blizz said in a post awhile back, like the Naga their models are too weird to make armor for, unless we want to lose a raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Regarding the issue of helms on Sethrak, my brother whipped up a quick idea of how it could work compared to Worgen and Tauren.
    This is pretty much what I imagined, please thank your brother for me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gado View Post
    Funny thing is I barely put 10 minutes of thought into it, it just seemed like the answer was already in the game so I rolled with it.
    Oh, you're literally right here. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DrMechano View Post
    2. That is while they're under Ragnaros and thus the Twilight Hammer's rule (Cata content is not current content)...remember until very recently the Dark Iron clan was split, BfA questline I'm assuming will be about resolving said split. I don't remember the Dark Iron also eating said slaves.
    I understand, I am the one who recommended the quests to you, I feel we're not understanding each other though.

Even without the influence of Ragnaros and the Dark Irons going forward, they're not just going to become "Bronzebeards but a little more crass" they have had their culture affected by these influences for hundreds of years, they've kept slaves, had a cut-throat political system, and practiced dark magic for centuries.

Do you really want all of that to evaporate overnight once they join the Alliance just so Sethrak can take the 'edgy' Alliance member spot when they don't even blend aesthetically with the Gilnean/Worgen as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aritos View Post
    You continuously show you're arguing in bad faith.

1. Your preference for AU or MU is irrelevant. AU exists and is happening.

2. Your subjective opinion on the aesthetics of a potential allied race don't matter either.

3. You say Sethrak fit closer to the Horde because of their loa worship or their "theme", but then somehow think furbolgs, mantids, and arrakoa somehow don't have that rule applied to them and are good picks for Alliance.

Your whole logic of races should match them theme is incredibly flawed, because where was the matching theme in Blood Elves? How about the newly acquired Nightborne? Undead themes don't match the horde either, nor do Goblins. So that the Sethrak are thematically similar to the Horde (potentially) actually reduces their chance of being on the Horde as the horde is a confederation of very different cultures.

Alliance does tend to be an alliance of similar cultures, but that's arguably more reason to introduce a new allied race that changes that, especially under Anduin who is definitely the kind of leader to make some real change within the Alliance.

The Horde already got a ton of races that don't mesh with their theme, it's about time Alliance got one too.
    I don't think you understand what 'arguing in bad faith' implies, that would imply I secretly think they fit the alliance but don't want the alliance to have them, when at worst what you've implied is bias.

1. So? I'm just pointing out it's not 'just good' like people are acting like it is for Horde players.

2. I mean, then why do we even discuss on a forum? What objective measures are YOU using?

3. Furbolg have been long allies of the nelfs and wild gods of Hyjal, which fit solidly on alliance. Mantid I'll admit are a longshot but have a much more strict cultural hierarchy and can fit in relatively closely with nelf architecture. Arakkoa have long been enemies of the orcs and fit in well among worgen/velfs/nelfs (outcast arakkoa) or could interact well with the lightforged and draenei due to their light-worship (though, oddly, High arakkoa might admittedly fit on the horde better, these were all just examples) Jinyu are a possibility as well, aesthetically tying Nelfs and the eastern alliance together.

4. I mean the Alliance already got races that don't mesh, worgen and draenei.

I don't think adding belfs with their current aesthetic to the Horde was a good decision, nor was adding the nightborne.

Goblins fit on the Horde FINE, particularly among orcs.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    3. Furbolg have been long allies of the nelfs and wild gods of Hyjal, which fit solidly on alliance.
    Prior allegiances clearly isn't the most important factor after Nightborne and Void Elves. Loa =/= Wild Gods for all intents and purposes. This is why there are plenty of different races across factions that meet peacibly within their beliefs, see: druids.

Mantid I'll admit are a longshot but have a much more strict cultural hierarchy and can fit in relatively closely with nelf architecture.
    They're more than a longshot, they're harder to argue for than Sethrak by a mile. To say otherwise is preposterous.

Arakkoa have long been enemies of the orcs and fit in well among worgen/velfs/nelfs (outcast arakkoa)
    Just like Sethrak are enemies of the Zandalari and fit just as well? Your doublethink is astounding.

4. I mean the Alliance already got races that don't mesh, worgen and draenei.
    Not even close. Worgen are a human faction, Gilneas. And Draenei fit very well within the morals and societies of the Alliance. Anatomically they're more varied, but culturally they're very similar. Which makes it all the better to introduce something that isn't 100% in-line with their culture.

I don't think adding belfs with their current aesthetic to the Horde was a good decision, nor was adding the nightborne.
    It doesn't matter if you liked it or not, it still happened.

Goblins fit on the Horde FINE, particularly among orcs.
    In what reality? They share no commonality within their cultures, ethics, or morals. They co-exist despite their differences because they benefit from each other, Orcs provide strength and security, goblins provide technology/goods.

greedy horde, so greedy ^

The reason why Worgen not popular in Alliance as beast race because:

1 - Male Worgen have awful casting animations. Check yourself. Most of male Worgen characters are warriors/rogues/feral druids. Also they had prior to Legion awful cloak clipping issue.

2 - Female Worgen are downright abomination.

I'm pretty sure when Worgen will get their fixed new models in BFA the popularity of race will be boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    You are basically saying the Alliance isn't original enough to get an original race so let's put this original race on the Horde because I play Horde.
    There is nothing in the game so far that hints at Sethrak being friendly with the horde at all. Instead it looks as if Horde players are teaming up with Vulpera. The Alliance needs and deserves something cool for once and the notion that only The Horde gets more monsterous races ended with your two servings of elf with a side order of Panda.
    I said in my argument, TWICE, that it was a really petty, biased argument.... so you are correct but also redundant.
    Also I agree the alliance deserves something cool.... but because I am petty... I wished it wasn't the first non-mammalian player race. That is a niche wow has desperately been lacking imho and I want to see the Horde return to more of that lovely noble savage/shamanistic vibe they had in WC3 back in the Horde.
    Basically I'm wearing my faction bias on my sleeves here and conceding it's not a fair or reasonably standpoint.

Though I would trade both flavours of elf and the pandaren in a heartbeat for Sethrak and/or Saurok.... but only because if it was up to me, only the pandaren would have been a Horde race in the first place (Cus Chen as only weak reason basically.) and then they would still be low on the totempole compared to Ogres or Amani Trolls.

Edit: Alternatively... after BfA scrap the entire faction system because TBH, fuck it, after over one and a half decade of the Warcraft Story having completely abandoned Horde vs Alliance as central theme after 2 missions into WC3, the faction conflict really has been a weak and stupid plot element at best that only serves to distract from the real story of WoW.... the fate of Azeroth as a whole.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2018-03-11 at 09:20 PM.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by PomPup View Post
    greedy horde, so greedy ^
    "Greed is good, greed will get you EVERYTHING." - Wario
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    I said in my argument, TWICE, that it was a really petty, biased argument.... so you are correct but also redundant.
    Also I agree the alliance deserves something cool.... but because I am petty... I wished it wasn't the first non-mammalian player race. That is a niche wow has desperately been lacking imho and I want to see the Horde return to more of that lovely noble savage/shamanistic vibe they had in WC3 back in the Horde.
    Basically I'm wearing my faction bias on my sleeves here and conceding it's not a fair or reasonably standpoint.

Though I would trade both flavours of elf and the pandaren in a heartbeat for Sethrak and/or Saurok.... but only because if it was up to me, only the pandaren would have been a Horde race in the first place (Cus Chen as only weak reason basically.) and then they would still be low on the totempole compared to Ogres or Amani Trolls.

Edit: Alternatively... after BfA scrap the entire faction system because TBH, fuck it, after over one and a half decade of the Warcraft Story having completely abandoned Horde vs Alliance as central theme after 2 missions into WC3, the faction conflict really has been a weak and stupid plot element at best that only serves to distract from the real story of WoW.... the fate of Azeroth as a whole.
    Horde never was noble savages prior to WoW. It started in WoW with Anduin Lothar death retcon. Metzen sure loved orcs...

I think there will be Alliance Sethrak druids that use the Zandalari forms with minor alterations (colors, no tusks, scales), while the Kul Tirans receive traditional forms (not the wicker stuff, even as cool as it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Free View Post
    I think there will be Alliance Sethrak druids that use the Zandalari forms with minor alterations (colors, no tusks, scales), while the Kul Tirans receive traditional forms (not the wicker stuff, even as cool as it is).
    Can’t see them being druids at all. Don’t they use their magic to kill forests and turn them into deserts. That’s seems very un-Druid like

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Can’t see them being druids at all. Don’t they use their magic to kill forests and turn them into deserts. That’s seems very un-Druid like
    They don't have to be the nelf version, they can get dino forms from their snake god and other creatures.
    Twas brillig

There's a screenshot somewhere of a sethrak casting wrath. Doesn't really mean they'll have druids, but it's something. Them and Kul Tirans both having druid would balance things, but maybe there's a more fitting Alliance allied race with druids to recruit down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil Free View Post
    Perhaps those traditional Kul'tiran forms will have naval themed armor

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Armor would look shitty on them, so I'm gonna say never. Blizz said in a post awhile back, like the Naga their models are too weird to make armor for, unless we want to lose a raid tier.
    Little wierd considering Naga already wear player available armor.

Also {Citation needed}
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

We've all been willfully blind. We all want completely new races so much that we've ignored the evidence in front of our very noses, and what Blizzard has straight up told us.

Neither Vulpera or Sethrak are going to be playable races. They're literally set up the way they are because their rigging allows for use of player equipment, thus reducing development time.

The proof? Look at the faces. BOTH the Vulpera and Sethrak have lower-poly and lower-pixel faces/heads. Zoom in on the faces of each and move them around a bit. You can even clearly see where the one of the polygons connects to another in the crook in the middle of the Vulpera's muzzle. You can see pixelization of the textures on the faces. Now go to any of the actual player races at the same distance. Very different. Much, much higher pixel and resolution count for ALL player races.

Not convinced? Load up the dressing room in Wowhead. Load up a worgen model, or even the female one since that one is a lot closer to a Vulpera. Look at the amazing about of detail, even on a Cataclysm model. Now load up a Vulpera. Everything is much flatter and chunkier looking. Far less detail. Load up any of the other ones, and you'll see the same thing.

Vulpera and Sethrak are NPC races, and are intended to be such. Maybe we'll get them as Allied Races for someone next expansion, but not during this expansion. They'd have to go through a model update before they were to be made available to players. It makes me sad, but at least the rest of the Allied Races should provide some variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    These are loa worshippers they don't have to follow the normal druid rules. BTW desert is a type of biome and important habitat for many life forms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Perhaps those traditional Kul'tiran forms will have naval themed armor
    Now that would be cool!