View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Either you are stupid or purposely trying to paint the EU in a bad light - your statement is false, you are not required to carry an ID card - if you had given it just a little thought if it was the case it would have applied to the UK as well.

- - - Updated - - -

How is that an EU thing if it's something only some countries have /facepalm
    I thought it was actually compulsory in the vast majority of member states to have an ID, passport or any other official identification with a photo to prove your identity at all times?
    Which and how many IDs are accepted as proof of identity is up to each member state.

None of that is EU policy though
    Agreed. Just clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    I thought it was actually compulsory in the vast majority of member states to have an ID, passport or any other official identification with a photo to prove your identity at all times?
    Which and how many IDs are accepted as proof of identity is up to each member state.
    So not all of them, thus not an EU thing.

The reason the memberstates are required to issue an ID to all of their citizens is as to avoid discrimination, to make sure that every citizen of every member state has the means to make use of the freedom of movement.

I think the thing is more if you have to carry it at all times.
    People from other EU member states have to carry it as far as I'm aware, other than that it is up to every state to decide this.
    I know I am seldom asked for any ID when crossing borders in the EU or Switzerland.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    People from other EU member states have to carry it as far as I'm aware, other than that it is up to every state to decide this.
    I know I am seldom asked for any ID when crossing borders in the EU or Switzerland.
    probably that's our most beloved consequence of the Schengen treaty in action CH is not in EU; but part of Schengen too, as Norwy and Iceland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    A silver lining from all of this is that their politicians won't be able to hide behind the EU anymore.
    Oh they are going to excuse all manner of shit for at least a decade on brexit.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Oh they are going to excuse all manner of shit for at least a decade on brexit.
    but will it do them any good ? blaming EU will prevent nothing and they'll sit in the mud nonetheless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    but will it do them any good ? blaming EU will prevent nothing and they'll sit in the mud nonetheless.
    while it wont do the Uk any good i assure you it will do the politicians plenty of good.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Never underestimate the value of blaming europe in the UK. There are many people that still view the continent as us vs the collective them. Before it was That Napopleon, That Kaiser, That Spanish King, That Russia. Basically That whoever was the major power in Europe at the time. Now when something goes wrong it will still be That Europe and many of those that believe in the "Man down the pub knows more than the experts." will eat it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Never underestimate the value of blaming europe in the UK. There are many people that still view the continent as us vs the collective them. Before it was That Napopleon, That Kaiser, That Spanish King, That Russia. Basically That whoever was the major power in Europe at the time. Now when something goes wrong it will still be That Europe and many of those that believe in the "Man down the pub knows more than the experts." will eat it up.
    To be fair, they were mostly right.

I wonder, though, what they're saying about "That British Empire"? We're still dealing with the repercussions of that today. A bit of self reflection never hurt anyone.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    To be fair, they were mostly right.

I wonder, though, what they're saying about "That British Empire"? We're still dealing with the repercussions of that today. A bit of self reflection never hurt anyone.
    Why not just refer to it as "The Empire", not as if there has been any other comparable by anyone else?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Why not just refer to it as "The Empire", not as if there has been any other comparable by anyone else?
    The Roman Empire was more impressive. The Japanese Empire had a lot of historical impact in SEA. So did the Chinese Empire. How about you get over yourself? You're not that special.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Brextremists have Empire delusion, next he’ll be screaming about 1966.
    Undeserved. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    The Roman Empire was more impressive. The Japanese Empire had a lot of historical impact in SEA. So did the Chinese Empire. How about you get over yourself? You're not that special.
    Obviously not a history scholar are you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_by_land_area

As I said we might as well call it "The Empire". Still at least you didn't mention the EU empire, one thing I suppose and quite unexpected, that's kind of in decline before it even got started isn't it?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

As I said we might as well call it "The Empire". Still at least you didn't mention the EU empire, one thing I suppose and quite unexpected, that's kind of in decline before it even got started isn't it?
    Clearly you're not a history scholar either - the Roman Empire lasted more than 1500 years in some form or another whilst the British barely managed to break 400. The Mongols had the largest contiguous empire whilst the British Empire was comprised of scattered colonies and vassal states - easier to sustain but less focussed. Deciding the British Empire is the Empire when others have been more impressive or had greater influence is... well not the height of ignorance as I've seen some of your other posts, but certainly up there with some of your more ludicrous assumptions.

I can't help but to think this kind of 'history rewriting' is a wet dream of a lot of Brexiteers. Kinda surreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, just maybe, because the British one is far from being the only historical state that have gone under the title of Empire in the English language?

I can count at least 10 in addition to the British one just in Europe, just off the top of my head.

Considering that you are actually writing this in latin letters, your country had plumbing and roadworks introduced by the Romans and still sport that ancient demarcation line between England and Scotland that was put in place by Romans... this is quite amusing.

The EU isn't an empire. You're the one that came up with that polemic. We're the ones that keep trying to educate you about the nature of the EU, but for some reason, you're resilient as fuck when it comes to new information. There's a word to describe people like that... it's on the tip of my tongue...

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering that you are actually writing this in latin letters, your country had plumbing and roadworks introduced by the Romans and still sport that ancient demarcation line between England and Scotland that was put in place by Romans... this is quite amusing.

The EU isn't an empire. You're the one that came up with that polemic. We're the ones that keep trying to educate you about the nature of the EU, but for some reason, you're resilient as fuck when it comes to new information. There's a word to describe people like that... it's on the tip of my tongue...
    As if the EU can never learn from their history, the EU of the day (the Romans) installed a hard border within the British Isles between Scotland and England yet relatively a short time afterwards the British peoples smashed Hadrian's wall to pieces. Can't wait for the EU of today to install their Irish version only to watch a short time later as the people of those same British islands smash it to pieces yet again.

You are stuck in Roman times Slanty without the Romans, Juncker is hardly a Centurion amusing as that picture might be, embrace the 21st C like us modern progressive Brexiteers.

For thousands of years the EU of the day has always failed. Nothing has changed today.

Deleted
    As if the EU can never learn from their history, the EU of the day (the Romans) installed a hard border within the British Isles between Scotland and England yet relatively a short time afterwards the British peoples smashed Hadrian's wall to pieces. Can't wait for the EU of today to install their Irish version only to watch a short time later as the people of those same British islands smash it to pieces yet again.

You are stuck in Roman times Slanty without the Romans, Juncker is hardly a Centurion amusing as that picture might be, embrace the 21st C like us modern progressive Brexiteers.

For thousands of years the EU of the day has always failed. Nothing has changed today.
    First of all, Hadrians Wall is entirely in England, the wall you are thinking of is the Antonine Wall. Secondly, it was never "smashed", the Antonine was abandoned when the Romans couldn't subjugate the proto Scots, and Hadrians was abandoned sometime between the 4th and 5th Century AD when the Roman Empire was in full collapse.

Come on now, they teach this shit in Primary School.