Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    New Classes/Specs is what I want instead we get shitty Reskins....and not even good ones. Blizzard has become so lazy.
    Not getting what you specifically want doesn't make blizzard lazy. Really shouldn't have to go over this

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    That's one NPC, they're not all like that genius, the majority of those fat humans are just fat humans and the same height. Maybe try watching an actual fucking full playthrough of Drustvar. What I said is correct, what you said is not. These are just humans, they added skinny and fat body types for the sake of visual variety and nothing else. Get over it.
    Weird. Watched this video and not a single model is normal height. Even the females are taller than playable human males. I guess it’s “just one model” though

Deleted
    Fat Humans simply don't look cool. They are fat and ugly. Why not simply base them more on Vrykul? I mean, would also make more sense. Vrykul are muscular and not fat, so why should humans who seem to be more related to them suddenly be all fat? Give them some Jack Sparrow beard and hairstyle, make them a bit more Iron Isles from Game of Thrones and you have cool Vrykul-Human Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Weird. Watched this video and not a single model is normal height. Even the females are taller than playable human males. I guess it’s “just one model” though

Apparently you can't read plain English. Let me clarify:

#1 I did not say that screenshot was the only stupid fat human model that is really tall.

#2 That's not even the only fat human model they added to the game, there is another that is short and even fatter.

#3 Did I mention the part where the big dumb fat human model you are referring to is not at all indicative of an entire race but are just fat humans and how they don't even have full animations and cannot wear player gear?

But if you want to sit here and pretend that this half-assed equivalent of a flaming paper bag full of dog shit is the next allied race, be my guest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahndrumon View Post
    So it's an opinion then? Not a fact.
    Nah, it's a fact. I remember it, though I likely wouldn't be able to find it. Most of the story in Cata for alliance was scrapped, and they said it was because they ran out of time. This also happened in WoD, there was supposed to be this whole worgen storyline.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

5+ Year Old Account
    KT Humans are most likely, to offset the fanciness of Zandalari. Horde get 1 Cool race while Alliance get 1 Meh race at launch, then Horde get 1 Meh race and Alliance get 1 Cool race in 8.1+ (go ahead and tell me a big burly guy 3 feet taller than a Human as a Warrior, or Human Druids, isn't cool).

But, just to be a troll, I'll suggest that with AU Orcs could come AU Draenei. Just to piss off Alliance players even more :3
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want my worgen re-work to be at the same quality of the current races. Here is a druid class ripe for more unique looking animals. At the moment they are just dark versions of the night elf models. And looking at Greymane, the current worgen make me sad.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add, if we were getting fat humans. They would have announced it already.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

#1 I did not say that screenshot was the only stupid fat human model that is really tall.
    Right. You said something even more factually incorrect :
    “In truth, they are only humans and they got fat and skinny body options simply to give Kul Tiras more flavor among npcs

#3 Did I mention the part where the big dumb fat human model you are referring to is not at all indicative of an entire race but are just fat humans and how they don't even have full animations and cannot wear player gear?

But if you want to sit here and pretend that this half-assed equivalent of a flaming paper bag full of dog shit is the next allied race, be my guest.
    Again, you are incorrect. They are capable of wearing player armor. The Druid NPCs wear gladiator gear in Drustvar

I don’t care whether they’re allied race or not, in truth I think Vykrul or Drust would be infinitely more interesting. I care even less whether you like them or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    my vote is for night elf worgen. there is a whole bunch of them in felwood, and who knows, maybe with the destruction of Teldrassil the Night Elves become desperate enough to volunteer into becoming worgen and savagely fight back against the horde similar to how Silverpine and Gilneas humans voluntarily started to join the worgen after the forsaken invaded Gilneas.

Right. You said something even more factually incorrect :
    “In truth, they are only humans and they got fat and skinny body options simply to give Kul Tiras more flavor among npcs

Again, you are incorrect. They are capable of wearing player armor. The Druid NPCs wear gladiator gear in Drustvar

I don’t care whether they’re allied race or not, in truth I think Vykrul or Drust would be infinitely more interesting. I care even less whether you like them or not.
    Look I'm not trying to be mean, I already understand that you're a little slow and just spouting off opinions based on nothing here. You can stop any minute now that's totally okay.

These are indisputable facts:

#1: According to Blizzard these fat and skinny human models were added to put more visual variety and flavor into the game. That is what Blizzard said about them at Blizzcon and all that they had to say about them, okay?

#2: No they cannot wear player gear. Some pieces look alright, but helms and boots and belts look distorted and fucked up on all of them. You can see why very clearly in the Wowhead model viewer. The majority of player gear simply does not fit the model. Either all of it does, or it's not player ready okay?

It doesn't matter how you feel about these things, they simply are not player ready models, period. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-03-12 at 03:33 AM.

Look I'm not trying to be mean, I already understand that you're a little slow and just spouting off opinions based on nothing here. You can stop any minute now that's totally okay.

These are indisputable facts:

#1: According to Blizzard these fat and skinny human models were added to put more visual variety and flavor into the game. That is what Blizzard said about them at Blizzcon and all that they had to say about them, okay?

#2: No they cannot wear player gear. Some pieces look alright, but helms and boots and belts look distorted and fucked up on all of them. You can see why very clearly in the Wowhead model viewer.

It doesn't matter how you feel about these things, they simply are not player ready models, period. Deal with it.
    I know you think you’re clever by trying to throw insults at me. In truth you just look pathetic and childish getting so worked up over minor details about a video game.

#1 - Great. I don’t disagree at all. I also never said they would or wouldn’t be playable. Just that the particular model we were discussing isn’t just a “fat human” and has more lore implications for the background of Kul Tiras

#2 - But they can though. I literally just gave you an example. Whether or not the armor fits correctly is irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    The Alliance DO have an obvious fourth race.

Don't you want Kul'Tiran humans?

I jest, I jest....the obvious choice for the next Alliance race is "I don't know" but even I am beginning to feel sorry for them.

The Horde?

We get the Nightborne and their fabulous city and their lore and the fact they are really Night Elfs.
    The Alliance get Void Elfs. Blood Elfs without the city, without the lore.

We get the Highmountain Tauren their antlers
    The Alliance get Dark Iron Dwarves....which were already part of your guys camp since Cataclysm and are a simple reskin

The Horde get the Zandalari and their city and their lore and their druid forms.
    The Alliance get Lightforged Draenei which are yet another no lore Draenei

The Horde gets the Draenor Orcs with all their tribes and all their glorious customisation options
    The Alliance get.........NOTHING.

Blizzard have put do much work and effort into Horde Allied races its hard not to feel there may be something behind this "Horde Bias" claim. Not that I care.

Its GOOD to be the Horde.

Not that it makes up for giving away the Blood Elf model

Seriously....no, really....the Alliance need a decent Allied race. Because even I think they've been shafted. Two recolours and a force fit with no lore or back story? That has to stink.

Even if the Alliance get the Vulpera, they don't have the lore or presence and they'd be another force fit race.
    The Draenor Draenei would be another reskin.
    The Kul'Tiran humans would be just humans.
    The High Elves are out because they just got Void Elves
    Night Elf Worgen would be Night Elfs with a different form
    Wildhammers wouldn't even be a reskin
    Mechagnomes, Sand Gnomes, Jungle Gnomes have no lore
    Earthen have no lore
    Frostborn would be a reskin
    Sethrak require too much work
    Saurok would be Horde
    Arakkoa and Ethereals and Naga and Drakonids and Ogres would be new races (Naga and Ogres for the Horde of course)
    Mogu would go Horde
    Quillboar have model issues and would be Horde
    Kobold would be Horde
    Vrykul would be basically big humans
    Hozen have armour and skeleton issues
    Elemental races would be split....air and fire to Horde, water and eath to Alliance...and would be a new race
    Botani have little lore or presence
    Saberon have little lore or presence
    The Pandarens are neutral but even if they broke their neutrality...and they should have gone Alliance years ago as I see it, with us getting Mogu...they'd still just be a reskin.
    Dark Trolls....little lore and no presence
    Jinyu.......hmmmm.

Different skin, but night elf skeleton.
    Different architecture, but no cities
    Already established, but not really part of the Alliance
    In game, but no major lore.

To be blunt.....if Blizzard were being fair, they should have given the Alliance High Elfs instead of Void Elves. I am still bitter that they get my model but over time I've realised Blizzard seem to be using Allied races as a way to spread the skeletons around.

One reason why the Horde will get the Mogu and their Draenei model, one reason why the Alliance get Vulpera with their Goblin model.

The Alliance should get a race it wants, which has lore and presence, and it needs the existing allied races go get a LOT more work put into them.

IF I woud pick...I would suggest giving High Elfs to the Alliance, using a modified HUMAN or Night Elf skeleton, building up some of their bases in the Hinterlands and Loch Modan and Plaguelands area, and continuing the storyline where High Elves are moving away from magic, maybe even away from the Light, with the Silver Covenant being seen as a radical sect. So...High Elf Druids and Shamans, but no Mages, Priests or Paladins. At least, not yet. Have them ruled by a Viceroy. Give them a Roman style of architecture reminiscent of the Night Elf Empire.

You want to give them a radical storyline? Something different from Blood Elves? The San'layn or Darkfallen return home as High Elves.

That's the only race the Alliance really, really want and with Blizzard ending skeleton exclusivity....damn them....there's no reason save spite to stop them getting it. Plus, it has the lore...is established...and with druid and shaman forms, they can be given extra work as well.

Other than that, its hard to say which race the Alliance should get. The most suitable seems to be Jinyu, the most likely Kul'Tirans or Vulpera, neither of which seem to overly excite the Alliance. Furbolg are a possibility but the Alliance already have the Pandaren skeleton. Broken are a possibility. Drakonids, Arakkoa and Ethereals would all work...as RACES, not Allied Races

But yes....Blizzard has put a LOT of work into Horde Allied Races and Alliance Allied Races should be seen receiving the same amount of care and attention.
    I am sorry but saying quilboar will go horde makes me laugh greatly.

It makes me laugh at manrik's wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    KT Humans are most likely, to offset the fanciness of Zandalari. Horde get 1 Cool race while Alliance get 1 Meh race at launch, then Horde get 1 Meh race and Alliance get 1 Cool race in 8.1+ (go ahead and tell me a big burly guy 3 feet taller than a Human as a Warrior, or Human Druids, isn't cool).
    No, a cool race in 8.1 would be a vrykul that's taller than a human.

A fat human is just a fat human.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I know you think you’re clever by trying to throw insults at me. In truth you just look pathetic and childish getting so worked up over minor details about a video game.

#1 - Great. I don’t disagree at all. I also never said they would or wouldn’t be playable. Just that the particular model we were discussing isn’t just a “fat human” and has more lore implications for the background of Kul Tiras

#2 - But they can though. I literally just gave you an example. Whether or not the armor fits correctly is irrelevant
    I think I am 100% not interested in anything about this conversation other than you shutting the fuck up. Before I tolerated you, but now you're just an annoyance that doesn't care about anything but being right, even if you're just a fairly typical person on the internet ignoring facts that don't line up with your world view and flat out making shit up. Ignored.

For fucks sake, of course it fucking matters whether all player gear can be worn by a model or not, if it cannot than it cannot be a player race without significant work put into it. End of discussion there is no budging on this. I did not make the rules, Blizzard did.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-03-12 at 03:51 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    No, a cool race in 8.1 would be a vrykul that's taller than a human.

A fat human is just a fat human.
    lol, Fat Human™ is as tall as a Vrykul currently. Slightly shorter than "Can Never Pass Through Any Door In-Game" fits your desired race.

Though I must say, seeing Alliance fans rage about fatties warms my cold, dead heart.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    my vote is for night elf worgen. there is a whole bunch of them in felwood, and who knows, maybe with the destruction of Teldrassil the Night Elves become desperate enough to volunteer into becoming worgen and savagely fight back against the horde similar to how Silverpine and Gilneas humans voluntarily started to join the worgen after the forsaken invaded Gilneas.
    So instead of a slightly different human model we get a 0% different fusion between the regular night elves and regular worgen?

I swear, is it that hard to come up with cool races for the Alliance that aren't just minutely different, pencil-lore races like the lightforged or void elves were?

I have a few:
    -Vrykul. Easy choice. Different aesthetic, different culture, like nothing we've seen for the Alliance.
    -Sethrak. Same thing. Vulpera ally with Horde, the non-villain Sethrak ally with alliance.
    -Furbolg. Long-standing allies of the Night Elves. A little out of left field, but it would a great deal of sense given the horde's new aggression in kalimdor.

There. That's three races, all with rich lore to explore, that aren't just slightly different already-existent in-game races.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, Fat Human™ is as tall as a Vrykul currently. Slightly shorter than "Can Never Pass Through Any Door In-Game" fits your desired race.

Though I must say, seeing Alliance fans rage about fatties warms my cold, dead heart.
    They're literally just humans, their slight height and stomach proportions aside.

And they're decidedly less cool than Vrykul. Why do people like vrykul? Because they're badass giant vikings.

What are the kul'tirans? Well, they aren't badass giant vikings, I can tell you that much.

It'd be like, instead of the horde ever getting Ogres, they got slightly taller, fatter orcs.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I don't play Alliance at all, and I don't see any Alliance raging about them, I see them practically ready to suck Blizzard's balls to get them as an allied race and that's really bizarre because it's the stupidest thing ever.

What I do see is people getting frustrated with the immense amount of shit posting in this forum and lack of any real discussion.

If Alliance gets Kultiran humans as a race, then horde's upright orcs should be considered one of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    If Alliance gets Kultiran humans as a race, then horde's upright orcs should be considered one of theirs.
    They sort of did? What’s unique about the Mag’har other than having brown or gray skin. Could of easily just been added to the playable Orcs

They sort of did? What’s unique about the Mag’har other than having brown or gray skin. Could of easily just been added to the playable Orcs
    I think it's just the fact that so far alliance has gotten nothing unique just a bunch of recolors. Void Elfs = belf recolor, DI Dwarves = dwarf recolor, Lightforged = draenei recolor, now humans which is just fat/skinny humans. Zandalari trolls looks like time was spent on them to make them look quite a bit different than regular trolls, the variety of customization of the new orcs to separate them from green orcs. The new posture for orcs to give them even more variety. Alliance got recolors and nothing more so far.