Deleted

Bring Back WoD rotation for BFA please

I've just gotten around to levelling my Warrior for this expac and cannot believe how gimped the spec has gotten. I'm not talking about power level here, but the fluidity of the playstyle. Devastator now being a passive ability and the removal of Heroic Strike + the changes to Shield Slam and Revenge just make the whole thing an awkward mess.

I'm guessing not one of the devs played Prot Warrior at all for the last 4 years, as BFA is shaping up to be even worse. A 3 button spec more or less, 1 of which you can't really use that often.

Literally all that needs to be done is to revert it back to the way it was in WoD, but swap out Shield Barrier with Ignore Pain. Really simple solution.

Deleted
    It was actually quite until enjoyable until Blizzard started nerfing Ignore the Pain by decreasing the amount of rage gained by using certain abilities

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    It was actually quite until enjoyable until Blizzard started nerfing Ignore the Pain by decreasing the amount of rage gained by using certain abilities
    I didn't really find it enjoyable at all. I went from having a number of buttons to press to only really using Shield Slam and having to throw in Thunder Clap because there was fuck all else to do. It's absurd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slshy View Post
    I didn't really find it enjoyable at all. I went from having a number of buttons to press to only really using Shield Slam and having to throw in Thunder Clap because there was fuck all else to do. It's absurd.
    Agreed but it was better than it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slshy View Post
    I've just gotten around to levelling my Warrior for this expac and cannot believe how gimped the spec has gotten. I'm not talking about power level here, but the fluidity of the playstyle. Devastator now being a passive ability and the removal of Heroic Strike + the changes to Shield Slam and Revenge just make the whole thing an awkward mess.

I'm guessing not one of the devs played Prot Warrior at all for the last 4 years, as BFA is shaping up to be even worse. A 3 button spec more or less, 1 of which you can't really use that often.

Literally all that needs to be done is to revert it back to the way it was in WoD, but swap out Shield Barrier with Ignore Pain. Really simple solution.
    I already wanted to rage which lunatic could possibly want the terrible fury/arms wod speccs bag, but then I saw this was about prot. In that case you are totally correct.

fury is super fine at the moment imo. arms is ok. but with prot i agree to op. what i hate with this spec is

- way too less active buttons
    - way too slow gcd play style instead a bit fast paced
    - or, as alternative, missing off-gcd button to be constantly smashable (HS)
    - clunky mechanics
    - feeling warrior‘ish is more worse than any other xpac
    - the niche of the all around well suitest tank no longer belongs to warrior

in short: agree to everything op said + it feels so fukin slow.

pro-tip: just play a prot pally with a bit haste for 1 day and you will NEVER go back to prot warri, if you are not 88+ years old or have mental disorders.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-03-11 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    fury is super fine at the moment imo. arms is ok. but with prot i agree to op. what i hate with this spec is

- clunky mechanics

pro-tip: just play a prot pally with a bit haste for 1 day and you will NEVER go back to prot warri, if you are not 88+ years old or have mental disorders.
    Fury is all about enrage hits. So I don't see how that's really versatile. Arms was always the better spec imo and with the way legion worked out the execute phase was a lot more fun than fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Fury is all about enrage hits. So I don't see how that's really versatile. Arms was always the better spec imo and with the way legion worked out the execute phase was a lot more fun than fury.
    this thread is about prot. dont derail it.

Hell, go back to MoP. WoD was a less-functional version of that.

The biggest problem is Devastator being optimal (which I think actively hurts fun), and all the buttons basically being Devastate. The abilities need to go back to having a different purpose.

If you say devastator playstyle is slow, you probably just aren't playing it optimally. It's all about getting as many shield slams and spending as much rage as possible for CD reduction. Having long periods of downtime without a damaging ability to press are extremely rare.

because it was op as shit?

Deleted
    You're talking about current state with Artifact. And even then you're talking about literally 1 button to press.

Prot Warrior is in a shit state right now in terms of playstyle (and I don't mean complexity - WoD Prot Warrior wasn't complex, it was just fluid with constant uptime of things to do).

The other concern of course is the way that Mythic+ dungeons at the higher level are skewed heavily in favour of self healing tanks, just like challenge modes were. That absolutely has to be addressed but it's kind of a separate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovidicus View Post
    If you say devastator playstyle is slow, you probably just aren't playing it optimally. It's all about getting as many shield slams and spending as much rage as possible for CD reduction. Having long periods of downtime without a damaging ability to press are extremely rare.
    I'm talking about Alpha. Fortunately, Devastator looks like it isn't even the best pick on Alpha atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

- clunky mechanics

I'm guessing your either talking about low level or low geared because with the Tier 21 2pc prot is not a slow spec at all. In fact you generate rage so fast you can spam Ignore pain as much as you could Heroic Strike. With anger management and the Tier 21 2pc the CD of Battlecry is super short ( like 20-30 sec). All devastator does is removes a filler ability that does barely any damage anyway.

Honestly you could just make a macro for ignore pain to change the Icon to the heroic strike one and you probably wouldn't even notice a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    because it was op as shit?
    You realize they could have nerfed the ability itself instead of lowering rage gained from using other abilities, right?

You realize they could have nerfed the ability itself instead of lowering rage gained from using other abilities, right?
    frequency vs magnitude and they chose frequency. do YOU understand that?

I read the title and got excited.

3 button Arms warrior??????

Can I get a hell yeah??????

Quote Originally Posted by Lovidicus View Post
    Exactly this.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate