Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    I think it's just the fact that so far alliance has gotten nothing unique just a bunch of recolors. Void Elfs = belf recolor, DI Dwarves = dwarf recolor, Lightforged = draenei recolor, now humans which is just fat/skinny humans. Zandalari trolls looks like time was spent on them to make them look quite a bit different than regular trolls, the variety of customization of the new orcs to separate them from green orcs. The new posture for orcs to give them even more variety. Alliance got recolors and nothing more so far.
    Highmountain = recolor. Nightborne = recolor. Mag'har = recolor.

Dark Iron Dwarves have a significant amount of customization to separate them from normal dwarves (they have flaming hair ffs). So unless your complaint is the Nightborne idle pose, the only lack of parity right now really is in the Zandalari - and we have no idea whats in store for Alliance on that front. Assuming Kul'Tirans actually are the allied race, if you think Kul'Tirans are just fat humans you might want to take a closer look...

I'll also point you in the direction of the many threads on this very forum (and the official forums) asking for what basically amount to more recolored Alliance races. High Elves, Wildhammer, Night Elf Worgen, and I'm sure theres others...

And while I'm here, can we do away with the assumption that because we haven't seen it - it isn't done? Maybe the Alliance's Zandalari & Vulpera equivalents are just so fucking awesome Blizzard doesn't want us to see them until the horde shit gets tested because no one would be able to focus on anything else.
    Last edited by Pebble; 2018-03-12 at 04:30 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So instead of a slightly different human model we get a 0% different fusion between the regular night elves and regular worgen?

I swear, is it that hard to come up with cool races for the Alliance that aren't just minutely different, pencil-lore races like the lightforged or void elves were?

I have a few:
    -Vrykul. Easy choice. Different aesthetic, different culture, like nothing we've seen for the Alliance.
    -Sethrak. Same thing. Vulpera ally with Horde, the non-villain Sethrak ally with alliance.
    -Furbolg. Long-standing allies of the Night Elves. A little out of left field, but it would a great deal of sense given the horde's new aggression in kalimdor.

There. That's three races, all with rich lore to explore, that aren't just slightly different already-existent in-game races.

- - - Updated - - -

They're literally just humans, their slight height and stomach proportions aside.

And they're decidedly less cool than Vrykul. Why do people like vrykul? Because they're badass giant vikings.

What are the kul'tirans? Well, they aren't badass giant vikings, I can tell you that much.

It'd be like, instead of the horde ever getting Ogres, they got slightly taller, fatter orcs.
    I mean, I get wanting Vrykul. But even if you get the height problem and Death to Stunties issues aside, the Vrykul respect strength. Anduin is the epitome of the non-soldier, and the Alliance has basically been losing for years now. Why would they join a group that can't even bring itself to respect its kin (Nightborne), let alone blood-soaked savages?

As for Sethrak, I very highly doubt the good Sethrak who wanted to stop the enslavement and extermination of the Vulpera would join a cause to do just that.

Furbolg, it would be difficult to justify, given the new reality of Kalimdor being Horde-controlled. You also have to wonder how you could make appealing female furbolg that weren't just Worgen/Panda clones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    I don't play Alliance at all, and I don't see any Alliance raging about them, I see them practically ready to suck Blizzard's balls to get them as an allied race and that's really bizarre because it's the stupidest thing ever.

What I do see is people getting frustrated with the immense amount of shit posting in this forum and lack of any real discussion.
    Lol, you should check the forums more. Here and elsewhere. There are swarms of people bitching about "more humans" and "fatties." It all started with the initial Allied Races for Alliance being meh and has escalated from there. The Zan Troll Druid forms have given them an aneurysm.
    Last edited by Castrum; 2018-03-12 at 06:53 AM.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die

I will say that the majority of Alliance allied races save for dark irons feel more like classes rather than actual races. Meanwhile, Horde is getting lore rich races that had plenty of development prior and massive landmarks to call their own. I guess this is payback for the horde getting their forces sliced in half during SoO and the whole "We will end you" line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Alliance: Kultirans - Vulpera- Broken - Arakkoa thats my bet
    for the Horde: Maghar Orc- Eredar outcast - Saberon - Ogres

Now why saberon? the speculation started because IF ALLIANCE get the goblin skel, the Horde will likely get the Worguen skel. Why Eredar, well if Blizzard wants to throw the Horde into the villain role, then give us the tools so the lightforged feel really thematic... and also Legion vs Void think about it. Now what it meas giving the Draenei skel to the Horde means that the Broken that should be in the alliance is the one using the Tauren skel, the old ones,
    Vulpera are Horde tho.

Is it crazy to assume that they are still in development since the expansion isn't even in Alpha yet. Some of you guys are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    Lol, you should check the forums more. Here and elsewhere. There are swarms of people bitching about "more humans" and "fatties." It all started with the initial Allied Races for Alliance being meh and has escalated from there. The Zan Troll Druid forms have given them an aneurysm.
    Well I don't check the official boards so much but here I do, the reception I have seen in general has been mainly people feeling that fat humans would actually be really cool. Like Mag'har Orc cool. I think the whole thing is hilarious though, I just haven't seen enough from people that are actually worried about this being a real thing.

I am pretty sure it won't be a thing, they don't typically put unfinished models in the game. These are new models, and they look finished enough for their purpose in game, I don't think they're going to go out of their way to give them facial animations and make all player gear work for them. Plus there are even fatter humans as well, and the skinny ones, is the allied race just going to ignore those?

I don't think Blizzard has any choice but to give Alliance Vrykul. I can't imagine any other allied race possibly fixing the situation and especially not humans "but fatter and ignoring their even fatter and skinnier family members". And it's frankly odd to me that so many people argue against it. Let's be honest, when it comes to Allied Races nothing is more important than cool factor and it's not even slightly more outlandish that a group of Vrykul would be an allied race for the Alliance than the ones they already got.

Especially not Vrykul loyal to Odyn, because the majority of Alliance races are formerly titan-forged.

Also, let's not forget that Genn Greymane saved Odyn's Val'kyr from becoming enslaved. Pretty sure that earns them some favor with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Is it crazy to assume that they are still in development since the expansion isn't even in Alpha yet. Some of you guys are ridiculous.
    No, it is crazy to assume that massive changes are planned to the zones and questlines and the classes this far in the development pipeline. They are well passed the planning stages, any major overhauls they make to this content is going to be based on player feedback, if not based on how things turn out after the actual game launches.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-03-12 at 07:16 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Well I don't check the official boards so much but here I do, the reception I have seen in general has been mainly people feeling that fat humans would actually be really cool. Like Mag'har Orc cool. I think the whole thing is hilarious though, I just haven't seen enough from people that are actually worried about this being a real thing.

I am pretty sure it won't be a thing, they don't typically put unfinished models in the game. These are new models, and they look finished enough for their purpose in game, I don't think they're going to go out of their way to give them facial animations and make all player gear work for them. Plus there are even fatter humans as well, and the skinny ones, is the allied race just going to ignore those?

I don't think Blizzard has any choice but to give Alliance Vrykul. I can't imagine any other allied race possibly fixing the situation and especially not humans "but fatter and ignoring their even fatter and skinnier family members". And it's frankly odd to me that so many people argue against it. Let's be honest, when it comes to Allied Races nothing is more important than cool factor and it's not even slightly more outlandish that a group of Vrykul would be an allied race for the Alliance than the ones they already got.

Especially not Vrykul loyal to Odyn, because the majority of Alliance races are formerly titan-forged.

Also, let's not forget that Genn Greymane saved Odyn's Val'kyr from becoming enslaved. Pretty sure that earns them some favor with them.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it is crazy to assume that massive changes are planned to the zones and questlines and the classes this far in the development pipeline. They are well passed the planning stages, any major overhauls they make to this content is going to be based on player feedback, if not based on how things turn out after the actual game launches.
    Given that they pulled VEs out of their ass, I wouldn't doubt some Alliance-loving Vrykul could possibly happen. I just think Blizz likes them as a Neutral race because it leaves Vikings open to everyone. As for Odyn, he likes Warriors of any sort; I can't see him wanting to exclude the greatest Horde Warriors from his halls. Eyir blamed mortals for her predicament, not the Horde, as evidenced by her dialogue in HoV. She isn't hostile to Horde afterward in her chamber in the overworld.
    Horde Till I Die

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I get wanting Vrykul. But even if you get the height problem and Death to Stunties issues aside, the Vrykul respect strength. Anduin is the epitome of the non-soldier, and the Alliance has basically been losing for years now. Why would they join a group that can't even bring itself to respect its kin (Nightborne), let alone blood-soaked savages?
    The Vrykul under Odyn respect order and honor. Ergo, the alliance.

Moreover, they're probably unfathomably pissed at Sylvanas for basically stabbing them in the back and making a deal with their version of the devil to enslave their version of angels.

Additionally, the Alliance hasn't been "losing" despite Blizzard's apathy to their storyline. The horde have had revolving-door warchiefs for the past few years, and required the help of the alliance to save their city. On two different occasions, I might add.
    As for Sethrak, I very highly doubt the good Sethrak who wanted to stop the enslavement and extermination of the Vulpera would join a cause to do just that.
    Simply because they aren't extremists like the other sethrak doesn't mean that they're on good terms with them.

Furbolg, it would be difficult to justify, given the new reality of Kalimdor being Horde-controlled.
    The majority of Kalimdor is horde controlled. And the Furbolgs likely aren't happy about that. Ergo, they cast their lot with the alliance.

You also have to wonder how you could make appealing female furbolg that weren't just Worgen/Panda clones.
    I'm sure you can find any number of bear furries out there for reference.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Can you give me some source on that? I wanted to main a Zandalari and if I have to reroll mid expansion that sucks and I'm not even going to sub.

OT: Broken Dranei are quite obvious and still missing. Gimme rogue and warlock "draenei".
    First the "idea" of first orc and dwarves there are No source to. just people "wanting" it to be so.
    and Broken dranei wont happend. Alliance al ready got Light forged, and it does not seem likely that the alliance will get that many dreanie races

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Their use in the lore should never have happened to begin with. This is what they get for turning Easter eggs into an expansion.

What's it like having garbage opinions?

MoP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Legion

I swear, is it that hard to come up with cool races for the Alliance that aren't just minutely different, pencil-lore races like the lightforged or void elves were?
    Having given it a half serious try...yes. That's arguably part of the problem. Any race that is a suitable and likely candidate for the Alliance...Ethereal, Drakonid, Arakkoa...have different enough skeletons that they'd need to be a full new race.

Now...look at the Horde. We get Night Elfs. They have one of the best cities in game and they are coming to us. We get Draen't Orcs and customisation options for all the Clans. We get the Zandalari and Nightborne. Two of the best developed races in game with lore going back to vanilla...Night Elf lore is now our lore. We get straight back Trolls AND straight back Orcs. We get the Zandalari capital and DINOSAURS. We get druidic dinos!!!

And we get Moose Tauren as well.

The Alliance? They get a race specially created to tick them off. They get two races that are recolours of existing races. The Dark Irons are supposedly already in the Alliance so why they are now an Allied Race escapes me. They get a new city that.....well....it doesn't have dinosaurs and while I'm certain it'll be very high quality, it looks like very high quality dull, muted, non descript.

Of course, it's early days yet but we all know the faction developed second is the faction that gets shafted. And boy, are the Alliance getting shafted.

Of course.....maybe it'll all pan out. Maybe Dark Irons will bring with them
    fire paladins....you know, with spelleffects based on fire rather than the Light They seem to be getting Shaman so maybe there will be extra care taken with their forms. Maybe Blackrock city will get an overhaul and look marvellous with that lava theme.

Doubt it but it's possible.

Or maybe KulTirans will, for some reason, be druids. Sounds weird to me but who knows? Maybe they'll have a seagull travel form? Tanking as a crab instead of a bear?

As for your suggestions.....Sethrak have head issues. I don't see them becoming a race. Furbolg are exciting to some, and Vrykul but neither seem likely. Like Sethrak, Furbolg would require additional work and the amount of work needed to bring the Vrykul over would seem excessive. Unless you just bring a Clan over and then, whats the point?

Alliance complaints...right now....are 1. The Horde get two cities 2. The Horde get dinosaurs 3. The Horde get a lot more customisation options 4. The Horde get a lot of they have wanted and asked for for years...Orc Clans, Straight backs. 5. The Alliance didn't get High Elfs.

Well....there are no suitable Allied Races that will give the Alliance a city. Boralus will come with KulTiras and yeah....high quality bleh. And I don't see Blizzard revamping Blackrock.

The Alliance aren't going to get Dinosaurs or Dino forms. I can't think of anything that would compete. Fire Paladins? Dark Iron Shamans? Goin weird and get Kul Tiran druids? Maybe Blizzard could revamp Worgen to allow for a Night Elf customisation option and a Wolf based them? You know...a short quest for the Druids of the Pack and you can choose to start as a Night Elf Worgen.

Not sure how Blizzard could address the customisation options sunce they represent the different Clans? Again....maybe a selection option for humans opened up via a quest? Once the KulTirans are in, they become a toggle option on the human pane? But if they were to do that, then that'd work for Lightforged and Dark Iron so probably not.

The issue...at its core...is that Blizzard are doing the Horde first, so the Horde side is more developed. There is an awful lot more work done to the Horde side than the Alliance. The Horde is getting what it asked for while Blizzard seem to be working to spite the Alliance by not giving them High Elfs.

And I see some of that being mitigated as the Dark Irons and 4th race are brought in, and if the rumoured Worgen revamp goes ahead.

But yes...it is difficult to think of an allied race for the Alliance that wull shut them up.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Vrykul under Odyn respect order and honor. Ergo, the alliance.

Moreover, they're probably unfathomably pissed at Sylvanas for basically stabbing them in the back and making a deal with their version of the devil to enslave their version of angels.

Additionally, the Alliance hasn't been "losing" despite Blizzard's apathy to their storyline. The horde have had revolving-door warchiefs for the past few years, and required the help of the alliance to save their city. On two different occasions, I might add.

Simply because they aren't extremists like the other sethrak doesn't mean that they're on good terms with them.

The majority of Kalimdor is horde controlled. And the Furbolgs likely aren't happy about that. Ergo, they cast their lot with the alliance.

I'm sure you can find any number of bear furries out there for reference.
    There is plenty of order and honor amongst members of the Horde (like, srsly, look at the broadcast text for Saurfang's fight). I'm not saying Odyn would side with Sylvanas. Just that remaining neutral makes the most sense for him. Especially since his mandate is to find the world's greatest Warriors and assemble them into an army to fight off threats to Azeroth.

I've seen no evidence that Odyn & co. know about Sylvanas' deal with Helya. And it's rather irrelevant now that Helya is dead with the help of members of the Horde (as far as we know canonically).

The Horde has no hereditary leadership, and its leaders either abdicated to save the planet or died fighting. Hardly weakness. I'm not sure what you mean by twice: once with Tyrande at the gates, once with Jaina vs. Admiral Proudmoore? My understanding of Jaina and Theramore pre-WoW was that she acted as her own force, not one beholden to Stormwind; therefore, not Alliance. As for Tyrande, she threw some glaives at a door and fought some orcs. Wow. Vol'jin pushed Garrosh back from The Barrens all the way to Org's front gates and we don't know what was going on with Org's side entrance (or the Azshara one). The rebel Horde could have easily sent troops through either entrance to open the gates, for all we know. Neither back entrances have permanent gates.

Regarding the Alliance losing, since WC2, they have never beaten the Horde in battle. All WC3 was Horde obliterating incompetent Humans in Eastern Kingdoms until they set sail. We'll exclude Garithos and Cenarius getting ganked, since Sylvanas and the Night Elves were not associated with their respective factions yet. Then we come to WoW, where Vanilla amounted to nothing (BGs were basically stalemates), TBC much the same, and Wrath someone lost the Airship Battle (unknown) and Alliance de facto lost Battle for Undercity (let it remain as it was).

Cata was where the Alliance lost vs. the Horde big-time: their one move against the Horde in the Southern Barrens was stalemated, with only small Camp Taurajo destroyed and the High Path into Stonetalon denuded of Alliance troops/cut-off. They did make a play for Andorhal, which the Horde lacked control of prior to Cata, but barely turned it into a battleground. Meanwhile, Ashenvale (the NE homeland) was essentially taken over by the Horde, Azshara was lost to the Horde, Theramore eventually got turned into a crater, Gilneas was lost, Southshore got blighted into oblivion, and Swamp of Sorrows remained half Horde. In Mists, nothing again, as Krasarang and such were stalemated as far as we know. Org was sacked with the help of the rebel/real Horde, which canonically was most of it (as per blue posts). WoD, no one canonically won Ashran currently.

And for Legion, assuming the Warden Towers are non-canon skirmishes, the only possible victory could be Genn smashing the lamp (though he was clearly beaten in terms of the fight, losing his worgen form). The fleet/gunship battle was a clear stalemate (fleet trashed, gunship blown apart). And then if we include what we know of BFA, the Horde drive Malfurion and the Night Elves from the mainland and torch Teldrassil. Genn & Anduin launch a surprise attack on the UC in response and can't win even when their forces woefully outmatch the Horde in numbers. We have broadcast text where Anduin literally begs for a miracle (and it seems, gets one). And even then, Sylvanas blights Lordaeron and Anduin runs away like a little girl, essentially creating a stalemate. So the Alliance gets a deus ex machina and still can't beat the Horde. As I said, they have been losing for a long time now. The only victories have come for the Horde in terms of actual victories and stalemates in their favor. Blizz may remedy this in Chronicles, but we'll have to see what makes it to canon.

Re: Sethrak, they would face pretty swift extermination by joining the Alliance, given their home in Vol'dun and proximity to the Vulpera and Zandalari, along with the entire might of the Horde. This is largely why I dismiss Tideskorn Vrykul coming to the Alliance's aid as well: no Vrykul would be stupid enough to risk their people's genocidal extermination, certainly not so soon after so many losses. But that's another matter. As it is, Sethrak going Alliance would make as much sense as those AU Orcs going Alliance, and we all know how that theory panned-out.

Furbolgs, there are some on Azuremyst that could work. As far as we currently understand, the Horde is going to control all of mainland Kalimdor. So there could be threats to their kin still on-land and to the World Tree that they might not want to risk. If Sylvanas doesn't go all genocidal and try to chop down Nordrassil unprovoked, I can't see a whole lot of reasoning for Furbolg involvement.
    Horde Till I Die

Kul Tiran being akin to half-giants might appeal to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    Highmountain = recolor. Nightborne = recolor. Mag'har = recolor.
    The Nightborne bring a city and Night Elf lore.
    The Zandalari bring a city, a very different style, straight back trolls, new druid forms and dinosaurs.
    The Draenor Orcs bring a huge number of customisation options to represent all the Clans and the Horde gets straight back Orcs.

The Alliance get three recolors, one of which is a no lore force fit race specially created just for them.

I'd be ticked off too at the lack of work and effort put into the Alliance races and while its early days yet, Blizzard has a habit if cutting Alliance content.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Having given it a half serious try...yes. That's arguably part of the problem. Any race that is a suitable and likely candidate for the Alliance...Ethereal, Drakonid, Arakkoa...have different enough skeletons that they'd need to be a full new race.

Now...look at the Horde. We get Night Elfs. They have one of the best cities in game and they are coming to us. We get Draen't Orcs and customisation options for all the Clans. We get the Zandalari and Nightborne. Two of the best developed races in game with lore going back to vanilla...Night Elf lore is now our lore. We get straight back Trolls AND straight back Orcs. We get the Zandalari capital and DINOSAURS. We get druidic dinos!!!

And we get Moose Tauren as well.

The Alliance? They get a race specially created to tick them off. They get two races that are recolours of existing races. The Dark Irons are supposedly already in the Alliance so why they are now an Allied Race escapes me. They get a new city that.....well....it doesn't have dinosaurs and while I'm certain it'll be very high quality, it looks like very high quality dull, muted, non descript.

Of course, it's early days yet but we all know the faction developed second is the faction that gets shafted. And boy, are the Alliance getting shafted.

Of course.....maybe it'll all pan out. Maybe Dark Irons will bring with them
    fire paladins....you know, with spelleffects based on fire rather than the Light They seem to be getting Shaman so maybe there will be extra care taken with their forms. Maybe Blackrock city will get an overhaul and look marvellous with that lava theme.

Doubt it but it's possible.

Or maybe KulTirans will, for some reason, be druids. Sounds weird to me but who knows? Maybe they'll have a seagull travel form? Tanking as a crab instead of a bear?

As for your suggestions.....Sethrak have head issues. I don't see them becoming a race. Furbolg are exciting to some, and Vrykul but neither seem likely. Like Sethrak, Furbolg would require additional work and the amount of work needed to bring the Vrykul over would seem excessive. Unless you just bring a Clan over and then, whats the point?

Alliance complaints...right now....are 1. The Horde get two cities 2. The Horde get dinosaurs 3. The Horde get a lot more customisation options 4. The Horde get a lot of they have wanted and asked for for years...Orc Clans, Straight backs. 5. The Alliance didn't get High Elfs.

Well....there are no suitable Allied Races that will give the Alliance a city. Boralus will come with KulTiras and yeah....high quality bleh. And I don't see Blizzard revamping Blackrock.

The Alliance aren't going to get Dinosaurs or Dino forms. I can't think of anything that would compete. Fire Paladins? Dark Iron Shamans? Goin weird and get Kul Tiran druids? Maybe Blizzard could revamp Worgen to allow for a Night Elf customisation option and a Wolf based them? You know...a short quest for the Druids of the Pack and you can choose to start as a Night Elf Worgen.

Not sure how Blizzard could address the customisation options sunce they represent the different Clans? Again....maybe a selection option for humans opened up via a quest? Once the KulTirans are in, they become a toggle option on the human pane? But if they were to do that, then that'd work for Lightforged and Dark Iron so probably not.

The issue...at its core...is that Blizzard are doing the Horde first, so the Horde side is more developed. There is an awful lot more work done to the Horde side than the Alliance. The Horde is getting what it asked for while Blizzard seem to be working to spite the Alliance by not giving them High Elfs.

And I see some of that being mitigated as the Dark Irons and 4th race are brought in, and if the rumoured Worgen revamp goes ahead.

But yes...it is difficult to think of an allied race for the Alliance that wull shut them up.
    Maybe the Fat/Normal/Skinny Kul Tirans will be their clan options? :3

Alliance are boring. Everyone has known this since Vanilla. They are the faction of Fantasy stereotypes. Though if D&D is their theme, maybe Tieflings could show up at some point? Good demons, like Illidan's crew (which now lacks a purpose in many ways) or that one eredar in Dalaran.
    Horde Till I Die

10+ Year Old Account
    There is plenty of order and honor amongst members of the Horde (like, srsly, look at the broadcast text for Saurfang's fight). I'm not saying Odyn would side with Sylvanas. Just that remaining neutral makes the most sense for him. Especially since his mandate is to find the world's greatest Warriors and assemble them into an army to fight off threats to Azeroth.
    And the nightborne were looking for any and all help to aid them in taking back suramar, including extensive help from the alliance.

You see how much that mattered in the end.

I've seen no evidence that Odyn & co. know about Sylvanas' deal with Helya. And it's rather irrelevant now that Helya is dead with the help of members of the Horde (as far as we know canonically).
    Sylvanas tried enslaving Eyir, Odyn's right-hand woman.

The Horde has no hereditary leadership, and its leaders either abdicated to save the planet or died fighting. Hardly weakness.
    ...except for the warchief that was going to take over the planet using old god magic. They basically let that happen.

I'm not sure what you mean by twice: once with Tyrande at the gates, once with Jaina vs. Admiral Proudmoore? My understanding of Jaina and Theramore pre-WoW was that she acted as her own force, not one beholden to Stormwind; therefore, not Alliance. As for Tyrande, she threw some glaives at a door and fought some orcs. Wow. Vol'jin pushed Garrosh back from The Barrens all the way to Org's front gates and we don't know what was going on with Org's side entrance (or the Azshara one). The rebel Horde could have easily sent troops through either entrance to open the gates, for all we know. Neither back entrances have permanent gates.
    The alliance helped both liberate Orgrimmar AND Undercity when Sylvanas was sent fleeing from it with her tail between her legs in WotLK.

Regarding the Alliance losing, since WC2, they have never beaten the Horde in battle. All WC3 was Horde obliterating incompetent Humans in Eastern Kingdoms until they set sail. We'll exclude Garithos and Cenarius getting ganked, since Sylvanas and the Night Elves were not associated with their respective factions yet. Then we come to WoW, where Vanilla amounted to nothing (BGs were basically stalemates), TBC much the same, and Wrath someone lost the Airship Battle (unknown) and Alliance de facto lost Battle for Undercity (let it remain as it was).
    The battle for Undercity wasn't about the alliance versus the horde until the very last minute, at which point Jaina ported them out of there to preserve it.

Doesn't mean the Alliance didn't help them. The alliance seems to help the horde out a lot.

Cata was where the Alliance lost vs. the Horde big-time: their one move against the Horde in the Southern Barrens was stalemated, with only small Camp Taurajo destroyed and the High Path into Stonetalon denuded of Alliance troops/cut-off. They did make a play for Andorhal, which the Horde lacked control of prior to Cata, but barely turned it into a battleground. Meanwhile, Ashenvale (the NE homeland) was essentially taken over by the Horde, Azshara was lost to the Horde, Theramore eventually got turned into a crater, Gilneas was lost, Southshore got blighted into oblivion, and Swamp of Sorrows remained half Horde. In Mists, nothing again, as Krasarang and such were stalemated as far as we know. Org was sacked with the help of the rebel/real Horde, which canonically was most of it (as per blue posts). WoD, no one canonically won Ashran currently.
    Again, you're citing Blizzard apathy. The alliance gained quite a bit of territory in kalimdor. Gilneas was considered stalemated because, again, Blizzard up and forgot about it.

As for MoP and as per Blizz, the "we will end you" was the Alliance's "fist pumping" moment, meaning that it was a true and credible threat and ostensibly that the Alliance could have ended the horde then and there.

And for Legion, assuming the Warden Towers are non-canon skirmishes, the only possible victory could be Genn smashing the lamp (though he was clearly beaten in terms of the fight, losing his worgen form). The fleet/gunship battle was a clear stalemate (fleet trashed, gunship blown apart). And then if we include what we know of BFA, the Horde drive Malfurion and the Night Elves from the mainland and torch Teldrassil. Genn & Anduin launch a surprise attack on the UC in response and can't win even when their forces woefully outmatch the Horde in numbers. We have broadcast text where Anduin literally begs for a miracle (and it seems, gets one). And even then, Sylvanas blights Lordaeron and Anduin runs away like a little girl, essentially creating a stalemate. So the Alliance gets a deus ex machina and still can't beat the Horde. As I said, they have been losing for a long time now. The only victories have come for the Horde in terms of actual victories and stalemates in their favor. Blizz may remedy this in Chronicles, but we'll have to see what makes it to canon.
    Sylvanas is the recipient of the most deus ex machinas in WoW history, I'm afraid. And as far as the EK are concerned, the Horde are pushed out of them save for the holdings of the blood elves.

Re: Sethrak, they would face pretty swift extermination by joining the Alliance, given their home in Vol'dun and proximity to the Vulpera and Zandalari, along with the entire might of the Horde. This is largely why I dismiss Tideskorn Vrykul coming to the Alliance's aid as well: no Vrykul would be stupid enough to risk their people's genocidal extermination, certainly not so soon after so many losses. But that's another matter. As it is, Sethrak going Alliance would make as much sense as those AU Orcs going Alliance, and we all know how that theory panned-out.
    They join the alliance to AVOID extermination, obviously.

Furbolgs, there are some on Azuremyst that could work. As far as we currently understand, the Horde is going to control all of mainland Kalimdor. So there could be threats to their kin still on-land and to the World Tree that they might not want to risk. If Sylvanas doesn't go all genocidal and try to chop down Nordrassil unprovoked, I can't see a whole lot of reasoning for Furbolg involvement.
    And there wasn't much of a reason for the Nightborne to go horde beyond "Blizz made tyrande say something mean and so they're horde now."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    The Nightborne bring a city and Night Elf lore.
    The Zandalari bring a city, a very different style, straight back trolls, new druid forms and dinosaurs.
    The Draenor Orcs bring a huge number of customisation options to represent all the Clans and the Horde gets straight back Orcs.

The Alliance get three recolors, one of which is a no lore force fit race specially created just for them.

I'd be ticked off too at the lack of work and effort put into the Alliance races and while its early days yet, Blizzard has a habit if cutting Alliance content.
    To be honest, you still can't make a Dragonmaw (black skin, yellow eyes). Though they never existed in WoD as far as we know and the Azerothian ones were presumably all killed alongside Garrosh. Which leaves the Outland ones, which Blizz has forgotten about. But yeah, still missing one unique look.
    Horde Till I Die

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Kul Tiran being akin to half-giants might appeal to people.
    No, see, Vrykul ARE akin to half giants and already appeal to people.

This isn't rocket science.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Alliance are boring. Everyone has known this since Vanilla. They are the faction of Fantasy stereotypes.
    Because Orcs, Undeads and Trolls surely all are extremely unique and inventive in that very setting... :P

No, see, Vrykul ARE akin to half giants and already appeal to people.

This isn't rocket science.

No they are overly tall Viking people. The Kul'Tiran model is more like a traditional half-giant. A bit overly large in all directions rather than fit overscaled human.