Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Time to remove the Character limitation per-realm?

So, with BfA alpha further along in development, it's looking more and more like Blizzard is going to implement a sizable number of additional Allied Races.

Now, earlier when Blizzard opened up the Legion Allied Races, they increased the per-realm character limit by 4, to allow a player to have one of each additional Allied Race.

I personally feel that it is foolish to simply increase the per-realm limit each and every time Blizzard decides to add an additional race and class - it's akin to stocking a product ONLY when a person orders it, rather then keeping the product in stock beforehand.

So, I feel that Blizzard should remove the per-realm character limitation. 50 characters per account is still fine, but players should be free to put all 50 on a single realm if they so wish. Perhaps it can cause Blizzard to add some API for the realm screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was almost about to disagree because I thought you meant server cap but for realm, hell year we need it either gone or increased.

Sincerely, an altoholic with 137 characters (Yes, I ACTUALLY, deleted 6).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

TIME TO REMOVE THE GOD DAMN CHARACTER LIMIT PER ACCOUNT MORE LIKE!!

/sorry for caps this is something i have been fighting on the official forums for a while and still no blue post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

Sincerely, an altoholic with 137 characters (Yes, I ACTUALLY, deleted 6).
    I hear that but i think me and you already have had this conversation before.

I think it's good that they're raising it step by step instead of allowing all 50 characters at once, especially if they're going to add allied races fairly often.

I know I'd reach the 50 limit long before there would be 50 races available, and then I'd be angry at myself for not leaving room for whatever new shiny race they added.

But I think they should have some margin. They added 6 slots for the 6 allied races, but I'm pretty sure most of us altoholics have already filled them, and we don't even have two of those races yet.

Right now, I think 20 slots would be reasonable. If they add 4 extra races (Kul Tiran, Mag'har, Vulpera and something else), they should probably go up to 26. That way people can not only make one of each, but also try them with a different class, and/or the other gender version.

Eventually we'd reach, and possibly surpass the 50 characters, but I'm not sure opening the flood gates immediately would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’d rather they remove the 50 characters overall cap. I’m getting pretty close to it now.

They need to change the interface for characters already made. I thought there was a character limit of 50 for your account.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    But I think they should have some margin. They added 6 slots for the 6 allied races, but I'm pretty sure most of us altoholics have already filled them, and we don't even have two of those races yet.
    They only added 4 slots, so people are fine if they want a Zandalari/Dark iron or 2.

No. It's not time to remove another limit put in place for a good reason. People need to understand that alts are not exactly something most people actually have. They're not even something you're supposed to have.

You might have 24 hours a day to play on your 100 alts but others don't. I don't care, just take it like a man and stop trying to gain more advantages. You can play 24 hours a day on your main character(if you even understand what that is anymore)

Play the game like you're supposed to. On one character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They only added 4 slots, so people are fine if they want a Zandalari/Dark iron or 2.
    2 more is coming with BFA for Dark Irons and Zandies.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    2 more is coming with BFA for Dark Irons and Zandies.
    I know, but the poster I quoted was like they added 6 already which would be filled already now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    No. It's not time to remove another limit put in place for a good reason. People need to understand that alts are not exactly something most people actually have. They're not even something you're supposed to have.

You might have 24 hours a day to play on your 100 alts but others don't. I don't care, just take it like a man and stop trying to gain more advantages. You can play 24 hours a day on your main character(if you even understand what that is anymore)

They what? The game encourages you to have alts, you know? To travel and experience the world, story and classes. If you don't at least have two characters, then you aren't experiencing the full game anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I know, but the poster I quoted was like they added 6 already which would be filled already now.
    Ah, my apologies, didn't notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    So, with BfA alpha further along in development, it's looking more and more like Blizzard is going to implement a sizable number of additional Allied Races.

Now, earlier when Blizzard opened up the Legion Allied Races, they increased the per-realm character limit by 4, to allow a player to have one of each additional Allied Race.

I personally feel that it is foolish to simply increase the per-realm limit each and every time Blizzard decides to add an additional race and class - it's akin to stocking a product ONLY when a person orders it, rather then keeping the product in stock beforehand.

So, I feel that Blizzard should remove the per-realm character limitation. 50 characters per account is still fine, but players should be free to put all 50 on a single realm if they so wish. Perhaps it can cause Blizzard to add some API for the realm screen?
    how the f.... is 50 still fine when there are so many new races coming and people who have many alts are effectively screwed and forced into race change to not delete old toons ?

both caps should be just removed - there is 0 reason to keep then in 2018

most people maybe not - but people who arent pretending only really play this game since 2004 have shitload of alts made over the years.

you want to limit it ? then give people who have 10 + years old accounts extra 50 slots - there you go then people who dont play this game for too long wont be affected , chinese gold farmers wont get new toons to farm gold and people who have many alts from many years will be grateful to blizz

deleting old toons which have significant memory value is really not fun - even if you dont play them who in right mind would just delete old toons ?

15+ Year Old Account
    I happen to be lucky enough to be on a connected realm consisting of 2 servers so I can already have like 32 characters on a single realm if I choose to. If this cap is something that really bothers you, pick a connected realm of atleast 3 servers and you're golden.

I'm not sure how reasonable this complaint is for the average joe though. In all my years, I've only encountered one guy who was at the character limit, and he "solved" it by buying another account. What on earth would you need 50 different characters for anyway? Even with every class for both horde and alliance at 110 you are barely halfway to 50.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Yeah, it is not like the game has achievements for leveling more than one class to max level or anything.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

I would agree, only if they actually made the charecter select better, anyone know any addons to change it? or can you not change it... cause i hate the fucking scroll wheel... shoulda just made the selections smaller...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I would agree, only if they actually made the charecter select better, anyone know any addons to change it? or can you not change it... cause i hate the fucking scroll wheel... shoulda just made the selections smaller...
    The login, character selection, character creation and loading screens are unaccesible by addons. You can only change the font, using the default fonts folder.

I get why it's unaccesible, but they should look for ways to allow certain elements of those UIs to be customized, even if it's through an extremely restricted API.

Or just get their shit together and update them properly themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Or just get their shit together and update them properly themselves.
    Half jokingly - They could set up the initial character creation screen as a grid with races on the left and classes on the top. Scroll through them as you wish, or click to switch to horde/alliance to the left. Also to the left is gender choice for a quick glance before customization. On the bottom left are descriptions of your current race/class options. The customization page then looks much like it does now.

On topic, yes please remove the realm limit, at the least. Characters on merged realms already get access to double (are there any 3 merges?) the characters you can have between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally on board. I would love to move all of my multiple server chars to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Half jokingly - They could set up the initial character creation screen as a grid with races on the left and classes on the top. Scroll through them as you wish, or click to switch to horde/alliance to the left. Also to the left is gender choice for a quick glance before customization. On the bottom left are descriptions of your current race/class options. The customization page then looks much like it does now.

On topic, yes please remove the realm limit, at the least. Characters on merged realms already get access to double (are there any 3 merges?) the characters you can have between them.
    There's more than that, there's a few connected realms consisting of 6 or more realms