Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People have been asking for different body type humans for as long as the horde has been asking for non-hunch and orc clans.

Both sides are getting what they asked for.

Orc clans are similar to the 'fat' humans. More customization that people asked for but instead of it being one race, it got separated into an allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    People have been asking for different body type humans for as long as the horde has been asking for non-hunch and orc clans.
    Then make it a customization option.

Deleted
    inb4 human druids, they exist in kul tiras

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    No they are overly tall Viking people. The Kul'Tiran model is more like a traditional half-giant. A bit overly large in all directions rather than fit overscaled human.
    Vrykul (pronounced ['vraɪ.kʊl]) are a race of fearsome half-giant warriors native to the Howling Fjord
    They're literally described as a race of half-giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Because Orcs, Undeads and Trolls surely all are extremely unique and inventive in that very setting... :P
    Not many game allow you to play orcs/trolls and stuff like that and not being total brute at the same time so we at least have that in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    Highmountain = recolor. Nightborne = recolor. Mag'har = recolor.

Dark Iron Dwarves have a significant amount of customization to separate them from normal dwarves (they have flaming hair ffs). So unless your complaint is the Nightborne idle pose, the only lack of parity right now really is in the Zandalari - and we have no idea whats in store for Alliance on that front. Assuming Kul'Tirans actually are the allied race, if you think Kul'Tirans are just fat humans you might want to take a closer look...

I'll also point you in the direction of the many threads on this very forum (and the official forums) asking for what basically amount to more recolored Alliance races. High Elves, Wildhammer, Night Elf Worgen, and I'm sure theres others...

And while I'm here, can we do away with the assumption that because we haven't seen it - it isn't done? Maybe the Alliance's Zandalari & Vulpera equivalents are just so fucking awesome Blizzard doesn't want us to see them until the horde shit gets tested because no one would be able to focus on anything else.
    Rofl, "we can do away with assumptions", then 7 words later, "maybe the Alliance's .... just so fucking awesome". That's the core of the problem. They haven't drop even tidbits for Alliance, it's been all horde. Also:
    Mag'har = recolor with LOADS of customization options
    Highmountain = race with restricted class as an option (druid)
    Nightborne = race with an entire zone of lore about them
    Void elves = made up race that makes little sense - how does training to control the shadow make them a different race and not just blood elf shadow priests?

And let's not forget dumb restrictions. The lightforge, which we meet shortly after Suramar cannot become monks. Nightborne can because the monks teach them. However, the lightforged can't learn to become monks, yet they already have a fighting still that is represented by a world quest on Mc'ree? It doesn't even make sense. Physically, I think Draenei as monks are goofy, but if one color can be one, and the other one should be able to be one lorewise, why not? I mean it would give Alliance a race that can be 6 classes instead of 5 like highmountain, but it's okay to give highmountain both monk and druid as an option even though not a single one of them behaves like a druid and certainly not monks - they all behave like shaman, hunters, and warriors instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    But it won't be. It's a different race since it's a different human nation, just like how there are the main orcs and now dreanor orcs. Both are orcs. They are biological the same sans a little bit of demon corruption left making some green.

Too bad this is blizz we are talking about.. They made a new race of draenei, who have different horn options, which people asked on their regular draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    But it won't be. It's a different race since it's a different human nation
    Not that it hasn't already been stated, but the VAST majority of Kul Tirans use the standard human model, just as every single human kingdom does. The bulky models are probably analogous to dire trolls on Zandalar.

just like how there are the main orcs and now dreanor orcs. Both are orcs. They are biological the same sans a little bit of demon corruption left making some green.
    Yes, but they can actually be separated into distinct races. Making Kul Tirans playable, you would essentially be making a tiny portion of Kul Tirans playable, which could confuse people and probably takes away from the normal Kul Tirans.

Not that it hasn't already been stated, but the VAST majority of Kul Tirans use the standard human model, just as every single human kingdom does. The bulky models are probably analogous to dire trolls on Zandalar.

Yes, but they can actually be separated into distinct races. Making Kul Tirans playable, you would essentially be making a tiny portion of Kul Tirans playable, which could confuse people and probably takes away from the normal Kul Tirans.
    If Kul’Tirans happen I’m pretty confident in saying they aren’t going to be toggles on the human creation screen. The absolute best we can hope for is they have body toggles on the Kul’Tiran Allied Race creation screen. Hopefully with the fat ones being normal height.

If Horde is befriending Vulpera I really hope Blizz doesnt make Vulperans a race for the Alliance, how would they explain that in a way that would make sense?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

Besides, what you said is obviously not true. Theres countless races that can join the Alliance. Even Orcs themselves could have joined given the respect between Anduin and Saurfang. It was a high possibility for quite a bit. The only barrier were the countless crying horde fans.
    There wasn't any barrier. It was just some of you making castles in the air and mental gymnastics. I see you're still hunted by that... I'm sorry lad 8(

Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    Maybe the Fat/Normal/Skinny Kul Tirans will be their clan options? :3

Alliance are boring.
    And why is Alliance boring? May be because Blizzard puts the laziest, most half-assed efforts into it? The very thing people are complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    If Kul’Tirans happen I’m pretty confident in saying they aren’t going to be toggles on the human creation screen. The absolute best we can hope for is they have body toggles on the Kul’Tiran Allied Race creation screen. Hopefully with the fat ones being normal height.
    I wouldn't be happy, but I would at least roll a standard model Kul Tiran is I could get the face scar and Geralt-hair.

I would like the Alliance to get at least one barbarian race, whether it's Wildhammers or Vrykul, the Horde has two high cultures now and the closest thing we have is worgen and even then, there's one faction—the Bloodfang Packs—that can really be considered savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Void elves = made up race that makes little sense - how does training to control the shadow make them a different race and not just blood elf shadow priests?
    It's not 'training'. They were almost turned into void ethereals by the Nether Prince guy. Alleria and the player stopped it, but not soon enough to stop them being partially transformed.

How is that hard?

Deleted
    I still don't get why so many people asks for Sethrak on the Alliance (or Saberon, or Arakkoa... guess they were the ones asking for Alliance Mag'hars...). I get that they are cool, look different to what we have now and so on... but I mean... how do they fit in the Alliance? Okay, we still don't know much about them, but they don't look like an Alliance race. Not only they don't look like an Alliance race, but they also look like not having an idiosyncrasy which matches with the Alliance as a whole. If you want to play an Orc, or some more barbaric, shamanistic, primitive, savage, naturalistic race, you got it there right to play it; but in the Horde. Is that the problem for some players? That they can't play for the bad Horde? Or for Sylvanas? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble View Post
    Highmountain = recolor. Nightborne = recolor. Mag'har = recolor.

Dark Iron Dwarves have a significant amount of customization to separate them from normal dwarves (they have flaming hair ffs). So unless your complaint is the Nightborne idle pose, the only lack of parity right now really is in the Zandalari - and we have no idea whats in store for Alliance on that front. Assuming Kul'Tirans actually are the allied race, if you think Kul'Tirans are just fat humans you might want to take a closer look...

I'll also point you in the direction of the many threads on this very forum (and the official forums) asking for what basically amount to more recolored Alliance races. High Elves, Wildhammer, Night Elf Worgen, and I'm sure theres others...

And while I'm here, can we do away with the assumption that because we haven't seen it - it isn't done? Maybe the Alliance's Zandalari & Vulpera equivalents are just so fucking awesome Blizzard doesn't want us to see them until the horde shit gets tested because no one would be able to focus on anything else.
    Nightborne is not just recolor. Mag'har also have changed skeleton and fixed animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    lol, Fat Human™ is as tall as a Vrykul currently. Slightly shorter than "Can Never Pass Through Any Door In-Game" fits your desired race.

Though I must say, seeing Alliance fans rage about fatties warms my cold, dead heart.
    OMG it so cringe...

Really the only allied race that should be a customization option are Lightforged Draenei, since they're literally just draenei that go through a ritual.
    Agreed. Lightforged is not even race, its faction. We have lightforged human - Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    That may or may not be true but to my knowledge that is just head canon I have never heard about them returning to Northrend.
    Chronicles Volume 1:

However, not all vrykul could bear to kill their own flesh and blood. Despite their king's harsh decree, they sheltered their children and took them away to a land far away from Northrend, the modern Tirisfal Glades. They had heard stories of the vrykul clan that had followed Tyr and had settled in that area, and decided it was a safe haven for their children. There they nursed and raised their children in secret, and taught them the stories and values of ancient vrykul society. Finally, with heavy hearts, they left them in the care of the vrykul that inhabited Tirisfal, before returning to Northrend. These outcast vrykul "runts" would later form their own cultures and kingdoms, and became known as humans.
    Dragonflayers Vrykul who choose to safe their "cursed" children (aka humans) came back to Northrend.

What is definitely canon (since Legion anyways) is that Vrykrul totally settled Tirisfal Glades and stuck around and founded an ancient faction of Paladin's called Tyr's Hand.
    They slowly died out:

Most of the vrykul that had settled in Tirisfal Glades eventually died off or succumbed to the curse of flesh. The members of Tyr's Guard decided to induct some of the new humans into their ranks, to ensure the future of the group. They taught these new members the history of Tyr and the truth about the tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    It's not 'training'. They were almost turned into void ethereals by the Nether Prince guy. Alleria and the player stopped it, but not soon enough to stop them being partially transformed.

How is that hard?
    Exactly where do you get they were almost turned into void ethereals by the Nether Prince? None of that is the opening cinema. It literally says they were changed by trying to control the shadows, you know, shadowform.

"Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void Elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance." - So they did exactly what shadow priests do and were changed by it just like a shadow priest is when they go shadow form.

"Seeking to harness the corruptive magic of the Void, these outcast elves endured an unexpected transformation. They are determined to master their newfound powers and resist the whispers eager to lure them into madness." - Exactly like a shadow priest.

They made up this race essentially on the spot, gave them no real lore, and you could argue they weakened the shadow priest lore/fantasy because of it. Haven't shadow priest been bending the void to their will for years and now some blood elves do it and suddenly they're a different race? Furthermore, what the hell is the difference between a void elf and a blood elf shadow priest?

Exactly where do you get they were almost turned into void ethereals by the Nether Prince? None of that is the opening cinema. It literally says they were changed by trying to control the shadows, you know, shadowform.

"Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void Elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance." - So they did exactly what shadow priests do and were changed by it just like a shadow priest is when they go shadow form.

"Seeking to harness the corruptive magic of the Void, these outcast elves endured an unexpected transformation. They are determined to master their newfound powers and resist the whispers eager to lure them into madness." - Exactly like a shadow priest.

They made up this race essentially on the spot, gave them no real lore, and you could argue they weakened the shadow priest lore/fantasy because of it. Haven't shadow priest been bending the void to their will for years and now some blood elves do it and suddenly they're a different race? Furthermore, what the hell is the difference between a void elf and a blood elf shadow priest?
    It's literally in the scenario you play to unlock them. Everything here alludes to that event.

Where did I get it from? Playing through the unlock scenario.

The 'unexpected transformation' you quoted is what makes them void elves. Alleria's training is what keeps them from being further corrupted. That's all there is to it.

What makes them different from shadow priests? Shadow priests draw on the void. Void elves have been fundamentally changed by it. Kinda like how warlocks use demons and the Illidari have become demons.