Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's Vulpera.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    It's Vulpera.
    Hopefully it's sethrak, vulpera are allying with the Horde and it would be extremely out of place for them to portray the faction that freed them from slavery and oppression.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Where did I get it from? Playing through the unlock scenario.

The 'unexpected transformation' you quoted is what makes them void elves. Alleria's training is what keeps them from being further corrupted. That's all there is to it.

What makes them different from shadow priests? Shadow priests draw on the void. Void elves have been fundamentally changed by it. Kinda like how warlocks use demons and the Illidari have become demons.
    If shadow priests are changed by it and shadow priests use it, then what do void elf shadow priests do? They continue to use the shadow while the rest don't? That's not what their racial story implies. They've essentially made a specialization of a class into a race. Your analogy doesn't work cause Illidari are all demon hunters (class), not a subrace of elves that are warriors, hunters, or whatever. If the illidari could be those things sure I'd agree with you. Or, if void elves could only be shadow priests, I'd also agree with you. As it stands, it doesn't make sense. You can try to round out the corners of the square peg all you want, but it was a lackluster attempt at story to justify a blood elf race for the alliance. But, I think this is a bit of a derailment of the original point to this thread, so we can just agree to disagree on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    If Horde is befriending Vulpera I really hope Blizz doesnt make Vulperans a race for the Alliance, how would they explain that in a way that would make sense?
    The same way they explained away the Nightborne joining the Horde instead of staying an NPC race. Because someone was a big meanie to them so they go over to the faction that didn't hurt their feewings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    The same way they explained away the Nightborne joining the Horde instead of staying an NPC race. Because someone was a big meanie to them so they go over to the faction that didn't hurt their feewings.
    "Oh hey, I know your people just eternally freed my people from slavery and as a food source for the sethrak, but why did you have to be so mean to us that one time? Time to the join the Alliance, a faction which we have no relation with!"

Also, to quote a poster on the forums about KTs:
    If the Barber shop can double as a chiropractor, then why can't it triple as a bakery as well?
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-03-12 at 12:34 PM.

The alliance do quests in the horde areas after reaching level cap. It will make sense.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    There are a ton of possible Alliance Allied Races.

One idea I've been dwelling on recently would be Drakonid as an Allied Race that uses the Worgen skeleton. You can see how it could work from the Drakonid Operative artwork from Hearthstone.

This concept revolves around the Mortal Dragonflights officially joining the Alliance, taking Alliance Humanoid forms out of combat. In the character creation screen, you would choose your secondary race whose customization options are based on how you customize your Drakonid form, like Worgen.

Additionally, classes would be restricted to certain colors.

Black: Warrior, Rogue, Warlock
    Green: Warrior, Druid, Hunter
    Bronze: Mage, Priest, Rogue
    Blue: Warrior, Mage, Hunter
    Red: Unavailable due to Death Knight Massacre

It would also be an opportunity for proper High Elves to be added to the Alliance, that aren't Void Elves.

If Alliance get Drakonid over Horde I am going to KMS.

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Not a chance. They hate that they made pandaren neutral. It kills any ability to ever use that race for lore ever again, hence why pandas now exist as monk trainers and joke chefs only
    I am so confused as to why they can't be used in lore if they are neutral as a race? That doesn't mean that all Pandaren are neutral individually. Seems to me the opposite, that you should be able to write any single Pandaren into any situation.

Are we still mad about the fact that Nightborne isnt an alliance race? Could turn that right back around to you then, how would it make more sense for Nightborne to join the Alliance? Because they have relations to Night Elves? Do they have the same beliefs? Just because they have the same pointy ears and color of skin doesnt mean they "have" to be alliance does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Faliz18 View Post
    What's it like having garbage opinions?

MoP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Legion
    You gave the answer to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Are we still mad about the fact that Nightborne isnt an alliance race? Could turn that right back around to you then, how would it make more sense for Nightborne to join the Alliance? Because they have relations to Night Elves? Do they have the same beliefs? Just because they have the same pointy ears and color of skin doesnt mean they "have" to be alliance does it?
    Did I say I wanted them as an Alliance race? They should have stayed as NPCs only, and relegated to remaining in Suramar until the end of time. And void elves should have never been a thing. Highmountain make sense going to Horde, and lightforged draenei make sense going to Alliance (Turalyon and Velen being Alliance).

The Alliance counterpart race to Zandalari is the Kul'Trians. I don't know why the Alliance players are so salty about that, it is obvious based on the story, and story presence of the Kul'trians matches the Zandalari for the Alliance story.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The Alliance counterpart race to Zandalari is the Kul'Trians. I don't know why the Alliance players are so salty about that, it is obvious based on the story, and story presence of the Kul'trians matches the Zandalari for the Alliance story.
    We're salty because they're fat humans, not even a distinct race made up entirely of fat humans.

Just face it, Kul Tiran Humans will be the Mag'har Orc Allied race equivalent. So fat humans for the Alliance, and cool orcs for the Horde.

And the winner is.... Still the Horde :P

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    We're salty because they're fat humans, not even a distinct race made up entirely of fat humans.
    I bet it is a lot more than that considering it is Alpha, you are getting options, thin, normal, bulky and will have more than likely Kul'Trian Druids/Paladin. Also a ton of unique options like peg legs and hook hands, it is a pirate dream over on Alliance.

Deleted
    So, anybody managed to bring up the tortollan yet? I couldn't find anything about them mentioned in this thread. It'd be a great way to introduce some turtle forms into the alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by TinyShark View Post
    So, anybody managed to bring up the tortollan yet? I couldn't find anything about them mentioned in this thread. It'd be a great way to introduce some turtle forms into the alliance?
    They appear to be neutral. For now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly surprised that some of thje WoW player base keeps mentioning high elves. It's been 11 years since the Burning Crusade introduced blood elves, and they haven't made it in yet. They have introduced allied races and while they are still fresh, you think they'll add high elves to the alliance? Especially when allied races can pave the way for brand new races? I just find it hard to believe they'd add any more elves anytime soon, feel free to quote/message me if Blizzard decides to prove me wrong within the next two years though.

As others have said the Alliance needs something special and new, something that is on par with how the zandalari treatment has been. I'm thankful for the zandalari since my druid will become a dinodruid but I feel for the Alliance druids who were wanting something new.

With a combination of the death of Xavius, Illidan returning to the good graces of the alliance and the burning of Darnassus, there might be an angle to get a sect of satyr into the alliance. Then the alliance would also have a race that can be ugly druid forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And there wasn't much of a reason for the Nightborne to go horde beyond "Blizz made tyrande say something mean and so they're horde now."
    Neither there was reason for Void Elves to defect beyond "Blizz made Alleria forget about Horde helping her on Argus". BTW, VElves weren't kicked out of the Horde, they were forbidden entrance to Sunwell.