Question BfA Pathfinder, what do you want?

So how would like to see it done this go around? As it has been in WoD or Legion? Small tweeks? Done away with? Something new all entirely?

For me:
    Explore all parts of all launch zones
    Complete main story in all zones, 1 on Horde, 1 on Alliance
    Get to lvl 120
    First major patch, like 8.1
    Go to vendor, buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So how would like to see it done this go around? As it has been in WoD or Legion? Small tweeks? Done away with? Something new all entirely?

For me:
    Get to lvl 120
    Go to vendor, buy it.
    I like the current system, as long as they don't screw up the actual Rep grind it's not really all that difficult.

Just pls no more Reputation Grinds or anything similar.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Pretty much the same as Legion Pathfinder, plus the requirement to do a little questline in the end, which rewards a flying mount.

BfA Explorer Achievements
    BfA Loremaster Achievements
    Available in 8.0

Really at that point you have consumed the outdoor content... allow flying for the end game grind of Dailies... err, World Quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post

For me:
    Get to lvl 120
    Go to vendor, buy it.
    your '1 on Horde, 1 on Alliance' part is highly problematic, some people only play a single faction for instance, the rest is fine

Gets patched in exactly 2 weeks after release, the entire thing.
    >get to max level
    >loremaster
    >explorer
    >do all dungeons once

You've now done all launch content on foot, which is the entire point, and there's no reason to gate it further. No rep gates, no new zone needing to be released, nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda ok with the way we have things now, a good compromise imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issues with getting exploration or quest based achievements for it. So those can stay.
    What I want cut back or removed is Rep grinding for it. That made it A LOT more tedious then it should have been in Legion.

Might be tied to the War Effort rep, needing to get that high enough for your faction to give you access to air units (Mission Table/Warfronts) and permission to fly in the new zones as you've established some amount of air superiority in the regions.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the reward for Pathfinder should be another awesome set of different class mounts.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing as before, but give the flying in 8.1, not 8.2, and a flying mount like Draenor Pathfinder had would be nice.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Introduce it later into the expansion. Like in the last patch or something.

Deleted
    Complete all Explorer achievements in current zones
    Complete all Loremaster achievements in current zones
    Unlock Pathfinder either directly after completing these 2 achievements, or latest when a new content patch is released, regardless if a new zone is in it or not

Optional addition: Complete a specific questline in every zone after completing exploration and loremaster there, which tells you how your character will be able to fly in that zone (for example, securing air domination by destroying anti-air units of the enemy present in that zone, or obtaining a blessing which counters some bad weather conditions which make it dangerous to fly there, or to counter a curse which prevents flying). This could also be the final part of the Loremaster in a specific zone.

Do not tie pathfinder to reputations, neither directly, nor indirectly (as with Suramaritan, which was tied to Nightfallen reputation to be able to progress)
    Do not tie pathfinder to raids (as with Suramaritan, which required killing Xavius for completion); dungeons could be OK if tied to the final chapter of the loremaster (see optional addition above)
    Do not tie unlocking pathfinder for specific zones to completing pathfinder on zones to be released in a future patch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Gets patched in exactly 2 weeks after release, the entire thing.
    >get to max level
    >loremaster
    >explorer
    >do all dungeons once

You've now done all launch content on foot, which is the entire point, and there's no reason to gate it further. No rep gates, no new zone needing to be released, nothing.
    I would also be OK with that.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-03-12 at 04:15 PM.

I like the current system.