Poll: Do you believe we have been visited by E.T

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Or possibly they were time travelers from our past visiting the future, my friend.
    Or, you know, people up and made them up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Nope not possible. Highly unlikely at best.
    There are things that are hard to explain but if history has proven anything, it is that in the end even the "magical" unknown things can be explained.

If there were actually aliens, they would probably not enslave us, their technology would most likely be so advanced that enslaving another specias is a waste of time instead of being of any use. My guess would be extermination because of ressources.

The chances of another life form existing right now in space is incredibly small considering that we only exist for a couple thousand years. However it is within reason to assume that another life form might have existed in the past, and will exist in the future. Unlikely that we encounter any of those, ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Plausible but unlikely, Planets with life sustaining capabilities are not extremely rare and we have not been emitting anything interesting for very long (about 150ish years) wich makes detection hard(er), but a species that has developed any form of FTL could have visited and/or observed. They would have most likely left us alone as we are most likely not that relevant or have yet to pass 'the great filter' to become relevant.

The universe is a big place, to think that we'd be anything special in it is an exercise in futility.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh another possible piece of footage.

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Oh another possible piece of footage.

A US fighter pilot observing and tracking......what may be one of our own drones.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

No one will ever know.

Advanced civilizations are either going to be totally barbaric or totally peaceful. I don't see any way there would be a middle ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A US fighter pilot observing and tracking......what may be one of our own drones.
    Ya that it could be, going along with what you said in a previous post on this thread MIB, I got my eye on you Agent GP j/k

But yeah I don't know I am incline to believe what you're saying, so no need to send people to my house
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    No. I can't even grasp with my puny mortal mind just how far we've looked out into space and not found a sign of intelligence life. Then combine that with the inefficiency of space travel and there's just no way. Unless their species was incredibly good at hiding. Like mole-people or something.

Look at us from space and it's pretty conspicuous at a glance that this planet houses life.

The way I reconcile that is that I see looking into space as looking down at earth from the ISS with the naked eye, and trying to see a fish in the ocean. It is impossible.

We have really strong and advanced telescopes and other monitors, but nothing is powerful enough to look at the land of the planets we've found. For all we know, we've already observed a planet which has or had life on it, but we can't look that closely.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The idea that UIRs exist on another planet, in another system of star and earth faraway, is something I believe to be reality. I mean space and time; the Sun, the Moon, air, fire, water, heat, cold, and the present of different species on our planet, are things that I can see. Some oddly different than the next one. And who knows if there's nine aliens watching over us. It's fun to believe in, but...? As far as stretching the lining of out of this world, Scientology urkes me. There's also the odd placement of our moon and the curiosity of what's on the other side of it, besides craters and space rocks.

I have seen something odd a few years ago, during 4th of July, but it was probably a spotlight where the fireworks were going off. At the angle I saw the spotlight, the way it was moving really didn't look like a spotlight. It's difficult to explain, because the movement patterns were different than one would expect of a spotlight. The color was cherry red oval shaped, and I was staying at a home of a family member that night, with whom saw the same figure. Anyhow, I tend to pay close attention to what people don't care about or don't realize. Of all of that, I tend to take the meaning of it to heart. Some stuff more than other stuff like the time 11:11 and 3:15, which I see on occasion. There's also seeing the number 7 displayed on whatever, and that is my lucky number. Goofy, but explainable, somewhat.
    Last edited by YouWillAllAnswerToSithis; 2018-03-12 at 03:24 PM.

No, we would all be dead and the planet plundered for resources. E.T won't come in peace.

Unless ancient aliens kinda stuff has some merit (or they came in prehistoric times), I highly doubt it and I don't think it's even possible. I know we have aspirations to find intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, but it would be highly unlikely that we'd be the first to be able to accomplish that. I just don't think it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I think it's possible. If they've got 1000 years or more on us, they'd probably be able to avoid detection.

I don't necessarily think they are hostile, but they may see us the way we see a rabbit. We have no issues experimenting on rabbits, so they'd have no issue experimenting on us if it's actually a thing.

Saw a UFO years ago, I was with some friends, we were looking at the stars, we saw a light moving across the sky, figured it was a plane until it just stopped and held a position in the sky.

Thousands? Try millions or even billions. What if aliens died out and we are alone what if we are at the beginning of an age? There’s no way to really know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post

Nope.

I guess visited, as in Earth, with nobody knowing could be possible. But if you mean has anyone been directly visited, then simply no.
    The problem with that is that we always discovery new things so cameras don’t mean much. I believe there used to be some sort of test with gassing and area and seeing what animals died and consistently finding new species but that was put to a stop for obvious reasons.

I believe there is probably intelligent alien life out there somewhere, but I have no reason to believe they have visited us. Nor, frankly, that we would even be interesting enough to visit for a race with the technology to do so.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

No, and while I do think they can exist somewhere out there I seriously doubt any of them would bother making the trip here. I think that any alien lifeforms, that despite the vastness and impracticability of space, would most likely be benevolent. It would probably be a waste of resources traveling here if that is what they are after so that leaves curiosity, which can be bad for us depending on how they see us.

As for personal experiences, sure, we've all had them I guess; out of body experiences, night terrors etc? But that's our brain's specialty - fooling us I mean.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    No, we would all be dead and the planet plundered for resources. E.T won't come in peace.
    Someone been watching too much Independence Day, there are very few things on earth that can’t be found in greater quantities on asteroids. Preety much the only thing they wouldn’t be able to find in large quantities would be organic matter or perhaps maybe oil and I’m kinda doubting aliens wouldn’t have found away to mass produce a lubricant
    If anything ETs would kill us for funizes, religious reasons or in the case of that one heavy metal comic, cause we consume things to survive instead of being able to photosynthesis

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Someone been watching too much Independence Day, there are very few things on earth that can’t be found in greater quantities on asteroids. Preety much the only thing they wouldn’t be able to find in large quantities would be organic matter or perhaps maybe oil and I’m kinda doubting aliens wouldn’t have found away to mass produce a lubricant
    If anything ETs would kill us for funizes, religious reasons or in the case of that one heavy metal comic, cause we consume things to survive instead of being able to photosynthesis
    Nah, Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What is your idea of an alien?
    Something that not originate on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    Something that not originate on this planet.
    So not space aliens but space aliens.

No, that does not seem likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    No. I can't even grasp with my puny mortal mind just how far we've looked out into space and not found a sign of intelligence life. Then combine that with the inefficiency of space travel and there's just no way. Unless their species was incredibly good at hiding. Like mole-people or something.

Look at us from space and it's pretty conspicuous at a glance that this planet houses life.
    We haven't looked that far and we haven't looked for that long. We, ourselves have only existed here for a fraction of time compared to the age of the universe.
    It is not at all unlikley that we have not found anything and that no one has found us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can believe it to be a possibility but at the statement of our little planet, I believe they would've left just as fast.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..