Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    if classic is really sucsessful I could see them removing flying form BFA later down the line. justify it by saying the skys are too dangerous or some thing.

it is simple, make a button to check or uncheck your self: i want flying or i don't want flying (like flagged for pvp) there everybody is happy :-)

Good. Flying is basically cheat mode, skip through everything and get all the objectives you want. Cataclysm was the worst leveling design to date (mop was the worst overall experience but that was content related, not design)

I wont be buying BfA, if Pathfinder is still a feature, I want flight at max level with no attached gating or grinding, that is all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I agree, if they designed some zones vertically they could do some real interesting stuff.

Having said that, flying is very over powered. It removes all risk and interaction with the world and with the ENORMOUS speed it grants it makes it feel like the world dramatically shrinks.

They should have stuck with basic ground mount speed for max flight speed if they refused to do vertical design.
    At the point when they have unlocked flying, I was past any danger in the world for months because I got sufficient gear fast, even on my alts. If I ever died in the open world, then not because it was dangerous, but because I was not paying attention and slipped down the mountain (and Legion has plenty of stupid mountains). Dying while questing in the open world only happens when I run invasions on undergeared alts without joining a group.

The only thing which no-flying provides in terms of changing the world in comparison to flying is adding more travel time and thus tediousness. And no, whistle does not help much if you have to put up with flightmasters. Argus teleportation pods are much better, and the place is not that big, but sometimes annoying. Like, if you have only 1 way to get to a specific spot, and this bottleneck forces you to ride around the area forever because of elevation things.

They have also a very bad implementation of minimap in regards to 3D environment, even with the improvements of hinting if a specific node or chest is above or below you. And you also cannot judge from the slope of a hill if you can actually climb it or not. WoW zone design is a stupid 3D maze, and I really miss the open planes of Classic. Even BC zones have been better. It's so strange that BC Nagrand, after the shattering, was much easier to ride around on the ground, than WoD Nagrand which should be technically more intact. As if devs are some kind of schizophrenic maniacs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Good. Flying is basically cheat mode, skip through everything and get all the objectives you want. Cataclysm was the worst leveling design to date (mop was the worst overall experience but that was content related, not design)
    You don't know what cheating means. I don't know what your mounts can do for you, but mine clearly don't onehit bosses and don't auto-complete any quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    At the point when they have unlocked flying, I was past any danger in the world for months because I got sufficient gear fast, even on my alts. If I ever died in the open world, then not because it was dangerous, but because I was not paying attention and slipped down the mountain (and Legion has plenty of stupid mountains). Dying while questing in the open world only happens when I run invasions on undergeared alts without joining a group.

The only thing which no-flying provides in terms of changing the world in comparison to flying is adding more travel time and thus tediousness. And no, whistle does not help much if you have to put up with flightmasters. Argus teleportation pods are much better, and the place is not that big, but sometimes annoying. Like, if you have only 1 way to get to a specific spot, and this bottleneck forces you to ride around the area forever because of elevation things.

They have also a very bad implementation of minimap in regards to 3D environment, even with the improvements of hinting if a specific node or chest is above or below you. And you also cannot judge from the slope of a hill if you can actually climb it or not. WoW zone design is a stupid 3D maze, and I really miss the open planes of Classic. Even BC zones have been better. It's so strange that BC Nagrand, after the shattering, was much easier to ride around on the ground, than WoD Nagrand which should be technically more intact. As if devs are some kind of schizophrenic maniacs.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know what cheating means. I don't know what your mounts can do for you, but mine clearly don't onehit bosses and don't auto-complete any quest.
    You're not really reading all I wrote, avoiding death is not the only thing flying is for. It removes all interaction with the world entirely. No interaction with players. No interaction with terrain. No interaction with *anything*. You may as well just be allowed to fast travel like in Skyrim.

7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE"Same as Legion, same as Warlords. Honestly, we're pretty happy with how it [flying] worked out in Legion.

Experience the world: learn the nooks and cranny's, the mountains, the canyons, the shortcuts, the lay of the land - as you adventure through it - master it, and then unlock flying account wide. Soar over it, skip around to your hearts content. I think its a structure that works. The exact pacing, the timing, the requirements - those are subject to tweaks - but thats a plan that we'll continue for the foreseeable future."][/QUOTE]

Yeah so it looks like blizzard is gonna force us more time sinking to unlock flying the only positive side of this is you can do it all on one character and it's account wide thank elune and all that's great for that one.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Yeah i do, back in the day there were walk through wall cheats, flying is basically that. you avoid all obstacles by flying over them, makes for a boring experience. The only way i see flying becoming interesting is if blizz makes indoor zones a massive part of the experience, which essentially means absolutely 0 flying or mounts.

The team still believes that when an expansion first launches the best way to experience it is on the ground. They have learned a lot from Warlords and Legion's flying and will use what they learned for flying in Bfa.
    From one of the dev interviews. Great to hear they are still doing the right thing.

I don't think anyone is asking for flying while leveling in BFA are they, but yet that seems to be the anti flight's person go to talking point.

I will concede that delaying flight does have its merits, however, those merits are lost 1-3 months into the expac.

Personally, I will play BFA at launch till max level on one horde and one alliance toon, then I will cancel my sub until it is made clear how and when flight will be enabled.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Oof...necro goooooooo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I don't think anyone is asking for flying while leveling in BFA are they
    Oh - some people are indeed asking for that as part of their 'let me play the game however the hell I want' entitlement thought process.

But they are laughed at, on all sides, by both antiflight and the proflight crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Oh - some people are indeed asking for that as part of their 'let me play the game however the hell I want' entitlement thought process.

But they are laughed at, on all sides, by both antiflight and the proflight crowds.
    I am about as pro flight as they come, but flight while leveling is just silly.

However I do wish they would implement us being grounded w/some sort of reasoning or story.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I am about as pro flight as they come, but flight while leveling is just silly.

However I do wish they would implement us being grounded w/some sort of reasoning or story.
    Eh, it went fine for many people in Cataclysm. Hell, it was the only good part of that expansion. The dazing and knocking off mount gets old fast for me with my limited playtime.

Normally I'd be disappointed but with the changes to pvp it'll be great

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    gtfo if you dont like it. The title matches what he is talking about, please post constructively next time.

OT: Great move by Blizzard. I'd rather not see flying implemented until at least a year or more into the expansion. This will ensure that I continue subbing to the game in the foreseeable future.
    Ban for a ban.

Interesting how things play out.

OT: I wish we could purchase flying in content that's at least a year old.

Have no problems being grounded while leveling.
    Have no problems being grounded during a max level quest zone/chain (i.e. Suramar)

I have a massive problem with repeatable content at max level while being unable to fly. Legion pre flying vs now is like night and day. I actually enjoy Legion and WQ content now that I can fly.

In recent expansions I found myself leveling to Cap, getting frustrated within the first few weeks due to the repeatable WQ/Daily grind taking twice as long as it should due no flying, un-sub. Re-sub when flying is released.... un-subbing after the first month because I'm fed up with the stupid grind to unlock flying... then finally biting the bullet and re-subbing to unlock flying several months later.

Once again, I enjoy the leveling/questing experience while grounded because it's new and gives a better sense of adventure. When I'm doing the same WQ for the 9000th time in a horrible zone like Highmountain, it's beyond tedious.

Wrath got flying right IMHO. Grounded while leveling, unlock flying at Cap. I'd even be happy to unlock flying via Loremaster... but not Rep grinds.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2018-04-09 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    "Flying trivializes content"
    t. People who routinely defend LFG, LFR, and just about every other "ease of access" change Blizzard has made.
    "
    I'm firmly in the no flying camp but there is simply no counter to this argument, its absolutely true and kind of makes a mockery of Blizzards stance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Have no problems being grounded while leveling.
    Have no problems being grounded during a max level quest zone/chain (i.e. Suramar)

I have a massive problem with repeatable content at max level while being unable to fly. Legion pre flying vs now is like night and day. I actually enjoy Legion and WQ content now that I can fly.

In recent expansions I found myself leveling to Cap, getting frustrated within the first few weeks due to the repeatable WQ/Daily grind taking twice as long as it should due no flying, un-sub. Re-sub when flying is released.... un-subbing after the first month because I'm fed up with the stupid grind to unlock flying... then finally biting the bullet and re-subbing to unlock flying several months later.

Once again, I enjoy the leveling/questing experience while grounded because it's new and gives a better sense of adventure. When I'm doing the same WQ for the 9000th time in a horrible zone like Highmountain, it's beyond tedious.

Wrath got flying right IMHO. Grounded while leveling, unlock flying at Cap. I'd even be happy to unlock flying via Loremaster... but not Rep grinds.
    100% this. As soon as the story is completed for a zone, and everything is explored, you should be able to fly there. So, Loremaster and Explorer achievements. This should be it.

Can we just confirm for 9.0 that there won't be flying while we're at it? And 10.0, and 11.0?

Blizzard's pretty clear this is their standpoint.