Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Please Blizz remove the 50 Character account cap! Blizz you wanted feedback

Please Blizz remove the 50 Character account cap!

OK i have alot of alts and iam near my cap and i have been fighting blizz on the official forums for a while about raising the cap with no joy even though they said they would love feedback well seeing how threads get buried in mins over there maybe i will try again here.

Now this isnt a joke and i honestly do have alot of alts mainly because i shared my account with my late step sister but now i have almost reached my limit and seeing how we are getting so many allied races i feel blizz needs to up the limit from 50 which they set back in vanilla when the mere idea of having even 3 toons was seen as hardcore but those days are long gone.

Back in WoD i had nothing to do so i went a bit crazy leveling up alts plus iam fond of Tmog and the amount of XP pots that xpac threw at me leveling up was insanely easy but now i find myself in a quandary cause iam almost at my limit which means when all these new allied races come in BfA i have 2 choices delete characters or not level up the new races even though i want the new races especially the new Mag'har for RP reasons and tmog.

So blizz i know you visit this website and i know me putting this thread on the official forums is pointless cause it will get buried this is my feedback you ask for.

Nah

And posting here doesn't really help your cause.

You should consider deleting alts you don't play anymore if this is a real problem for you. Noone actively plays 50 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    mainly because i shared my account with my late step sister
    Blizzard doesn't condone account sharing, even between family/friends. Blizzard would likely disregard your feedback regardless, but it certainly won't help your case.

Anyway, I tend to agree. I've been at the cap myself and had to delete alts to make room for allied races. I was fortunate to have a couple of easily deletable low level alts, but I fear I'll reach the account cap of 50 with all the allied races Blizzard seem to have planned. Especially because I'm going for Heritage armor for every allied race.

And for the naysayers trying to bring up server storage, keep in mind all characters level 60 and above are kept indefinitely for restoration if you should choose to delete them, so clearly Blizzard is keeping the data stored regardless
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I also would welcome more character slots, I plan to level up all the new allied races and that means per race 4 characters for melee/caster animations. (2 female, 2 male) So right now I am looking at 16 new characters while I am already at 22. In the future I will run out of room.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard should take into account the /time played. For instance, every 6 months played could grant an additional slot.

Why would you even have 50 characters when all the classes are 12, this is crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Why would you even have 50 characters when all the classes are 12, this is crazy
    50 chances at holiday mounts per day. But seriously I have more than enough with one of each class and less than half of them get any real usage.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    For RP reasons beside other things stated here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why anyone has that many characters I will never understand. At MOST I could see MAYBE 2 of each class but what is the point of hitting that cap? I know a guy who has 3 accounts because he hit the cap before. And most of the characters just sit there because only 1 account is even active anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    changed server 3 times already since started playing, 4 if u count my first lost account too, and while my characters on ghostlands are stuck at 85, there is NO WAY i'd delete them EVER
    however i'm still far away from 50, but i show u a situation where u can reach up to 30 easily
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Just delete some like I did, there is no way they are all 110.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I dont mind the 50 limit, but Id like to not have a limit per server. Mostly because of the Allied Races. We got four more slots...and four new allied races.
    Fingers crossed that they open more slots per realm when the other allied races come out

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said, time to delete some unused ones.
    Just figure out which ones have rare/now-unobtainable items to keep, or which ones have sentimental value (sorry fro your loss bro) and weed out the expendables.
    There's no way anyone can actively play that many toons to the point where all 50 are more or less required.
    Have your daily toons, have your RP ones, have your "for funsies", but if you seriously have 50 and can't spare a single one, I think you may have more problems than the toon cap per account...

10+ Year Old Account
    There is folks who like playing multiple races and multiple factions not just multiple classes, so many of them more than 24 chars even if they spent half of the time in WOW playing just one main char.

Also folks playing low level bgs with locked exp, like 12 29lvl chars for 20-29 bracket, 12 60lvl chars for 60-69lvl bracket. Folks who like playing WOW and learning different languages, like Germans having alts on English realms, French having alts on German realms, English having alts on Spanish realms, etc

So you can reserve your names on 20 different realms without a starter account lol.

But seriously, if you need more than 50, just pay a 2nd account, if you don't generate enough gold with 50 characters to pay for 2 accounts, something's not quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I also would welcome more character slots, I plan to level up all the new allied races and that means per race 4 characters for melee/caster animations. (2 female, 2 male) So right now I am looking at 16 new characters while I am already at 22. In the future I will run out of room.
    This the boat i'm in, I have 26 110s, 23 others are coming up or xp locked for a reason. None of them are doubles I like having options on both factions for different class/race combinations. Already have the 4 heritage armors and won't be able to get any of the bfa ones.

I'm sick of the people shitting on altoholics, who are you to dictate how we play the game.

What was Blizzard's main reason for having a character cap? Just curious.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 50 chars on my acocunt, have done since WoD and the great alt/garrison bonanza, but currently I'm just deleting chars on servers I no longer play on. Chars that I lvled to 100 for the single purpose of farming the garrison missions are just sitting there idle, doing nothing. I don't mind deleting them since they didn't take long to level and now I'd rather have the extra spot for my main realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    Please Blizz remove the 50 Character account cap!

OK i have alot of alts and iam near my cap and i have been fighting blizz on the official forums for a while about raising the cap with no joy even though they said they would love feedback well seeing how threads get buried in mins over there maybe i will try again here.

Now this isnt a joke and i honestly do have alot of alts mainly because i shared my account with my late step sister but now i have almost reached my limit and seeing how we are getting so many allied races i feel blizz needs to up the limit from 50 which they set back in vanilla when the mere idea of having even 3 toons was seen as hardcore but those days are long gone.

Back in WoD i had nothing to do so i went a bit crazy leveling up alts plus iam fond of Tmog and the amount of XP pots that xpac threw at me leveling up was insanely easy but now i find myself in a quandary cause iam almost at my limit which means when all these new allied races come in BfA i have 2 choices delete characters or not level up the new races even though i want the new races especially the new Mag'har for RP reasons and tmog.

So blizz i know you visit this website and i know me putting this thread on the official forums is pointless cause it will get buried this is my feedback you ask for.
    50 is a perfectly adequate limit. Well beyond the amount of characters people create, and i highly doubt you actively play on 50 chars.