Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think Azalina might just be a San'Layn.

I'm more interested in Baku the Mooneater! New Lizard that's shaped like a serpent? Gimme dat model!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Would be neat. Especially since WoW stole Tortollans.

Also, dat new elf offshoot.
    I really like what Zandalar is doing with them. Kul Tiras, not so much.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I think Azalina might just be a San'Layn.

I'm more interested in Baku the Mooneater! New Lizard that's shaped like a serpent? Gimme dat model!
    Could be San'layn. Would fit the theme. Not sure why they're suddenly all hunchy and croney instead of tall and regal like the Blood Queen/Princess/Princes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    - The alliance zones might be light, happy, and non immersive because the alliance is mostly played by children.
    Isn't the Horde actually the younger faction demographic? What a shitty way to start a video if that's how it is.

OT: Horde content is usually developed first, because Blizzard's bias towards them. If anything is rushed, Alliance suffers for it, the redheaded stepchild faction. It's likely that the Alliance zones aren't fully done yet.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Could be San'layn. Would fit the theme. Not sure why they're suddenly all hunchy and croney instead of tall and regal like the Blood Queen/Princess/Princes.
    I think she might be standing up from a kill, caught mid-motion? Or leaning over to get someone who is prone.

Could be that I'm -totally- off on it. After all, her skin looks blue-black.

Maybe it's what happens when a Nightfallen/Nightborne becomes a San'layn?

Just started looking at this stuff, and I got to say that I think there's one thing I'd like to see. Genn Greymane seems to be the main ambassador to the Kul Tirans right now while Jaina is exiled, right?

Would it not make sense that the Alliance would actually be committing more forces than just the Champion to resolve their issues? It feels odd just leaving it all to one man, and the Horde experience actually gives the impression that the Horde itself is making contributions. Wouldn't it be great if Genn actually sent some of his men to investigate what's happening in Drustvar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Isn't the Horde actually the younger faction demographic? What a shitty way to start a video if that's how it is.

OT: Horde content is usually developed first, because Blizzard's bias towards them. If anything is rushed, Alliance suffers for it, the redheaded stepchild faction. It's likely that the Alliance zones aren't fully done yet.
    The whole age argument is stupid either way. If kids are buying CoD as much as our leaders are claiming then they can handle spooky scary Witcher land.

- - - Updated - - -

I think she might be standing up from a kill, caught mid-motion? Or leaning over to get someone who is prone.

Could be that I'm -totally- off on it. After all, her skin looks blue-black.

Maybe it's what happens when a Nightfallen/Nightborne becomes a San'layn?
    Made me think of a Void Elf.

Oh no....

Hearthstone is going to create the ULTIMATE EMO ELF.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

It's not how he starts the video. It's how he ends it, mixed in with other speculation. The population statistics he had apparently said the Alliance skewed younger. The reason he brings it up is to say that maybe the zone was made for someone else who doesn't want the kind of story and experience that he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I would read 500 words
    And I would read 500 more
    Just to be the man who read a 1000 words to skip a video.

I wish I could just say Horde fan boi... but after shifting through his Horde bias there does appear to be a lack of quality control on the Alliance side which I hope gets addressed before release. Alpha is Alpha... Beta is Beta aside... there is a lack of depth and flavor... for all intents and purpose 'Blizzard Polish' needs to be applied before it ships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

5+ Year Old Account
    The whole age argument is stupid either way. If kids are buying CoD as much as our leaders are claiming then they can handle spooky scary Witcher land.

- - - Updated - - -

Made me think of a Void Elf.

Oh no....

Hearthstone is going to create the ULTIMATE EMO ELF.
    .... heeeeeee...

One of the expansion ideas that's been around for a long while is a Shadowlands Expansion. What if this "Ultimate Emo Elf" is a Deathtouched Elf rather than an actual San'Layn or a Void Elf? One that like the High Elves changed by exposure to Arcane Energy gets Soul-Energy altered into the new form we see?

Could mean that the Drustvar content could be the real "Leads to next expansion" content if 9.0 sets Void aside in favor of introducing us to Death-Entities of the Shadowlands, with us coming back from that in 10.0 and later for fighting the Void to get a break from them after taking out N'zoth and Azshara?

An expansion that's all black and white and grey and blue...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I would read 500 words
    And I would read 500 more
    Just to be the man who read a 1000 words to skip a video.

I wish I could just say Horde fan boi... but after shifting through his Horde bias there does appear to be a lack of quality control on the Alliance side which I hope gets addressed before release. Alpha is Alpha... Beta is Beta aside... there is a lack of depth and flavor... for all intents and purpose 'Blizzard Polish' needs to be applied before it ships.
    A Horde fan boi would just mock you while fellating Zandalar, and say it's your fault for playing the boring faction. Preach is saying that he's talked to a bunch of guys, and I know some of them are definitely Alliance fans, and they're all having the same issues with the zones. And he's right about the quests being too fleshed out to be placeholders, and he's right that they can still be changed if they receive the right feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

.... heeeeeee...

One of the expansion ideas that's been around for a long while is a Shadowlands Expansion. What if this "Ultimate Emo Elf" is a Deathtouched Elf rather than an actual San'Layn or a Void Elf? One that like the High Elves changed by exposure to Arcane Energy gets Soul-Energy altered into the new form we see?

Could mean that the Drustvar content could be the real "Leads to next expansion" content if 9.0 sets Void aside in favor of introducing us to Death-Entities of the Shadowlands, with us coming back from that in 10.0 and later for fighting the Void to get a break from them after taking out N'zoth and Azshara?

Look, I've been looking forward to Death-entities. Very forward to them. Drustvar doesn't do a good enough job introducing them right now. Even if that's what the plot was really building up to, and I actually made a thread about that before, Bwonsamdi does a better job at it right now. Of course, Drustvar is still conceptually good. With some story overhaul, a little more variety, and so on, it could be great.

And I want Genn to send some of his Gilneans with you, because a spooky forest is the perfect environment for Worgen. And it'd help you feel that your faction was actually involved. And that's not even counting how Gilneans share history with Kul Tiras, and likely have some shared culture between their Druids. It's as naturally an association as the Darkspear working so closely with the Zandalar in Nazmir.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ohhhh holy shit. I did not even consider the Horde Side connectivity to Death in this expansion, @KrakHed

Between the Drust and the Loa, we could -really- delve into some shit. Maybe have some of the Death Knight Lore NPCs be the ones leading the charge.

"but mah preach"

Ohhhh holy shit. I did not even consider the Horde Side connectivity to Death in this expansion, @KrakHed

Between the Drust and the Loa, we could -really- delve into some shit. Maybe have some of the Death Knight Lore NPCs be the ones leading the charge.
    Why do you think I'm so annoyed with Drustvar? There's recently been more Death focus in the story lately. Argus's spell effects are named "Death Titan" in their model files, Drustvar's whole thing is Death magic, I believe there's some prophecy stuff datamined about a broken throne of fire and ice(obvious Bolvar) or something, and the Trolls have multiple Death Loa. Bwonsamdi has a lot of presence in Zandalar. He mocks you at graveyards in place of the spirit healer, and you can see him waiting in front of the throne for the King to die if you're dead. Even Sylvanas's story is deeply tied to Death magic, with her hunt for immortality. There's the whole Uuna quest chain that had us explore the Shadowlands some more and meet more of its denizens.

There's lots of cool shit to explore in that direction, and I want Drustvar to be part of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Oh, I don't mind being pretentious, so long as I'm actually participating in a discussion and contributing to it. Something that you're not doing at all. Why should anyone give a damn about a single thing you have to say? You're not saying anything constructive. You're not looking at the material to see if anyone has a point. If you don't care about the subject of the thread, then why are you here? To insult people?
    And what discussion is that? All I'm seeing here is a bunch of cry babies crying over some shit-tier WoW streamer's shit-tier opinions about a game STILL IN ALPHA.

And your "now is the time to cry about it so they change it" makes no sense when you're crying on a forum that 0 devs will ever see. You're all just crying about it in your own echo chamber. Meanwhile, pros like me will be over here actually enjoying the game we paid for.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I just rewatched the video, and that was in fact all it was. You're just looking for a reason to be angry.

When he suggested that maybe the Alliance was played by younger people, it was an aside from when he was looking at population numbers and the numbers suggested that there were indeed more younger people playing Alliance. And he only brought this up because he's repeatedly asserting that this is all just his opinion, and that there could be people who prefer the Alliance experience. They might be a different audience that he's not a part of.

That's what you're getting so angry about? Get over yourself and take off the faction blinders. It's idle speculation about population data he's not even sure about, and even states he's unsure about, not an insult to your mother.
    Give me the source of that information or is that all out of his ass?

Also, i couldn't care less about your tiring accusations. I didn't make a video saying childish things, and i don't agree with those that did. Live with it.
    Heck just look at the title of this thread and tell me it's me trying to inflame things and i will call you on your hypocrisy.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-12 at 06:47 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think I'm so annoyed with Drustvar? There's recently been more Death focus in the story lately. Argus's spell effects are named "Death Titan" in their model files, Drustvar's whole thing is Death magic, I believe there's some prophecy stuff datamined about a broken throne of fire and ice(obvious Bolvar) or something, and the Trolls have multiple Death Loa. Bwonsamdi has a lot of presence in Zandalar. He mocks you at graveyards in place of the spirit healer, and you can see him waiting in front of the throne for the King to die if you're dead. Even Sylvanas's story is deeply tied to Death magic, with her hunt for immortality. There's the whole Uuna quest chain that had us explore the Shadowlands some more and meet more of its denizens.

There's lots of cool shit to explore in that direction, and I want Drustvar to be part of that.
    I shudder with anticipation. HOT DAMN.

I need this whole expansion all that much more, now. And the one after it to be Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    .... heeeeeee...

I think the Shadowlands could be neat, but it could also be quite the can of worms. Feel like it works better as a zone/raid like the Emerald Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Give me the source of that information or is that all out of his ass?

Also, i couldn't care less about your tiring accusations. I didn't make a video saying childish things, and i don't agree with those that did. Live with it.
    Does it even matter where he got the information from? It was such a minor part of the video that it's a wonder why you're so hung up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    And what discussion is that? All I'm seeing here is a bunch of cry babies crying over some shit-tier WoW streamer's shit-tier opinions about a game STILL IN ALPHA.

And your "now is the time to cry about it so they change it" makes no sense when you're crying on a forum that 0 devs will ever see. You're all just crying about it in your own echo chamber. Meanwhile, pros like me will be over here actually enjoying the game we paid for.
    Let me explain. Preach isn't the only person saying it. Everyone who has actually played it to completion is saying it. Everyone Preach talked to said it. When I look on the feedback forums, the people are saying the same fucking thing. Who the fuck cares that it's Preach saying it? Who the fuck cares that he didn't say it in the way that's most considerate to your feelings? Alpha is Alpha is meaningless drivel repeated by people who don't understand how these thijngs are developed.

Guess what? Zandalar is also Alpha. Drustvar is not less complete than the Horde zones. Zuldazar is much less complete than Drustvar. It doesn't even have fucking music. If you're telling me that I shouldn't be concerned about Drustvar, because alpha is alpha, then I await the completed Zuldazar to achieve a level of heavenly perfection the likes that not even the gods could create.

Or I could recognize that Zuldazar is mostly just going to have a few textures added, some voiced lines, cinematics, and bugs fixed. Maybe get a few empty rooms filled up. Maybe give Bwonsamdi some scripting like he has in Nazmir, so that he can make fun of you when you die. Drustvar is even more complete than that. Just needs some voicing, a few bugs fixed, and cinematics implemented. And then it's good to go.

Except it still won't be good with its current story/questing desgn.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-03-12 at 06:57 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    "Why do the zones suck for alliance"

Well they are humans so what exactly can make them exciting vs a troll tribe with dinosaurs?
    I know! Add in some gnomes in submarines and mechs!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.