Possible candidates for future Allied Races

Hello boys and girls, I'm here to try to brainstorm the candidates for future allied races. Please contribute, explaining why they should consider that race in the first place.

Kul'tiran humans - Since the Mag'har orcs were datamined, Kul'tiran humans started to make perfect sense. They are phisically different from "regular" humans and have a complete different culture, kinda like worgens without the curse if we could compare.

High Elves - Since TBC players have been asking high elves as a playable race. Blizzard addressed many times saying that they are like regular blood elves, as an excuse to not add the race. Despite the same thing happening to pandarens (same race to both factions), and despite the race been teased for like 10 years (Silver Covenant faction for example), blizzard added the so called Void Elves. Similar to Blood Elves and in numbers even smaller that the High Elves, it please some and made others question why the HE were not added in the first place. I believe Blizzard will eventually figure out that the players want to play as high and in the future add the race (finally).

Taunka - Helped and were helped by the horde during the Northrend campaign. If we ever go back there, the Tanka will probably join our ranks just like the highmountain did.

Frost Dwarf - Just like the taunka, they make perfect sense.

Jinyu and Hozen - Factions from the Alliance and Horde, showed up in Mist of Pandaria. Since both factions live in a land that was hostage of the sha (a void creation), if makes sense they come back to defend from the threat.

Ogres - Just like high elves, an all time fan favourite race, even teased as an april fool's joke. If they figure out how to deal with the heigh problem, ogres make perfect sense since some of them are are already part of the horde.

Naga - just like high elves, every time the reveal of a next expansion is around the corner, the forums are swarmed by players asking for playable naga. If they figure out how to deal with the mount problem, this race is a must.

Undead Elves - The forsaken are made of mostly by humans and elvens undead, slaughtered by the scourge during WC 3 events. Some elven forsaken can be seen as dark rangers. Forsaken deserve their diversity, and adding undead elves (or maybe even the san'layn) is the solution.

Broken, Fulborg, Leper Gnome and Kobold - In some way already part of the Alliance or Horde, so it would not be a big surprise to see them added.

So, what do you think?
    You either die WOTLK, or live long enough to see yourself become WOD.

hm...i bet this is all about high elves again...see how you put more effort on their section.

Deleted
    Well you have the obvious candidates aka Sethrak and Vulpera. Hey the Sethrak have even gotten their own thread!

Naga are THE most obvious option, they can already use almost all player armour besides helms (boots can sometimes be a bit wonky on the female Naga). They are missing key animations like a jump animation, mount animation and some class specific ones (like Fan of Knives, Whirlwind etc.). I get the feeling animations are waaaay more work than simply making new models so...yeah...Naga require less work than a full race but more work than the reskin races we've gotten so far...

High Elves, of course! See our design thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Race-Concepts

Wildhammer Dwarves! These have been part of the world all along. Unfortunately, Blizz gave their gryphons to all dwarves and even humans, which removed a lot of what made them distinct (airborne, nature loving dwarves) Give them druid and shaman classes and no arcane casters. It could work if you make their design very savage, kinda like the new orc designs.

Ogres! A must have, but they don't fit the reskin design philosophy of allied races. These would need to be a new race. Some ogres in game are much smaller, so just make a clan of shorter ogres join the Horde. They can still be the tallest race available. Make them JUST short enough to clear doors. For bonus points, make their heads clipable with terrain/doors for an extra little bit of height.

Deleted
    What about the Tortollan? They seem completely forgotten by everybody at the moment. They might seem neutral now, but that can change in a whim!

ive all ways wanted to see the erodar (demonic draenais) on the horde side

vulpera and forest troll.

That would be funny for some reason, blizz just makes high elves the 6th allied race lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    hm...i bet this is all about high elves again...see how you put more effort on their section.
    Then let's discuss anyone but them.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMechano View Post
    Well you have the obvious candidates aka Sethrak and Vulpera. Hey the Sethrak have even gotten their own thread!

Naga are THE most obvious option, they can already use almost all player armour besides helms (boots can sometimes be a bit wonky on the female Naga). They are missing key animations like a jump animation, mount animation and some class specific ones (like Fan of Knives, Whirlwind etc.). I get the feeling animations are waaaay more work than simply making new models so...yeah...Naga require less work than a full race but more work than the reskin races we've gotten so far...
    Sethrak would be cool, but I think they are crippled by that head. That's the sort of head that says 'Blizzard has no intention of making us playable so they went with a rule of cool design with us as NPCs'. Adapting gear to fit their unique body geometry would merely give us helms that look ridiculously stretched out. I know Sethrak have their fan base and I am happy to be proved wrong, but I am putting them in the 'probably not pile'.

Right next to Naga. I am sorry, I would love Naga too but we can't get around that their tails mean they would require far too much work and even then the end result would be lacking in some places. I would be so happy to be proved wrong on this but I can't see it happening.

Vulpera on the other hand CAN happen and there is clearly a fanbase for it but they currently use the old Goblin skeleton. Which is the current goblin skeleton. Goblins are getting a model rework in BFA to bring them up to part with the other races in the game, but until they get that rework I think Vulpera will be cooling their heels in the wings. Once Goblins are upgraded, Vulpera can be added at any time.

I will say Ogres are also possible. I believe the Kul Tirans are going to be an Allied race and I think it wouldn't take too much effort to repurpose it as a little bigger and a lot fatter. Allied races are also all about model sharing, right? Isn't it funny how the Kul Tirans have a unique model? I think it's begging to be reused for Horde (or maybe Alliance!!?) Ogres.

Undead Elves are possible but I don't think they are desirable. We have four elf options right now and we don't need anymore. That and the gray skinned, emo thalassian elf niche is being used by the Void Elves.

Leper Gnomes, no. Nobody will play one. The clue is in the name, they even sound repulsive and we know they look repulsive. If you want a Gnome allied race they have to be something people want to play. Mecha-Gnomes is the likelier candidate.

Hozen will require a brand new model. Possible but needs a lot of work.

Jinyu could easily be introduced as they use the base Night Elf model, but they would logically be paired with the Hozen and that would hold them back. Also has to be asked how many players actually want to play a giant fish man or a monkey.

Broken are possible. Might be some time though, as Lightforged Draenei were introduced only recently and they use the Draenei model too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deathslover View Post
    ive all ways wanted to see the erodar (demonic draenais) on the horde side
    The problem with Eredar is that they are demons and nobody makes nice with Demons. I regard Eredar as incredibly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Undead Elves are possible but I don't think they are desirable.
    These would be great as a customization option for Forsaken. Just add the ears. It seems like there would be more elf forsaken than human ones, so it always made sense.

I think any race who’s culture has a clan/tribe motif to it is a strong and likely candidate, however I do think there will be long breaks between those. Orcs, dwarves, and trolls; like the Dragonmaw, Wildhammer, and Forest tend to be requested and have differences that can be expanded upon.

Human kingdoms are a next source, Kul’Tirans are likely, though far from finished. However half the Human kingdoms are in ruins. Gilneas and Stormwind are already playbe (might be some wiggle room for non-worgen Gilnean). Lordearon is playable as undead Horde-aligned. Dalaran is deeply neutral and really a hodgepodge of Races nowadays. Really that leaves Stromgarde and Alterac and what ever happened to those populations. There’s definitely room to create some lore and stories, even if they require a bit of ret-conning. And seeing how the Kul’Tirans have differing human models, that sentiment could extend to these wayward folks.

Vulpera seem more like when, rather than if, but they are en example of just straight newly introduced races that have a fan-base, much like vrykul, Ethereals, Tuskarr, we could see more of those as we move forward.

Like Blizzard said in an interview anything with two legs was considered, but some just aren’t likely, sadly Sethrak feel like an unlikely choice.

Wildhammer dwarves and forest trolls are a combination I'd like to see happen one day.

I seem to remember one of the art directors liking the idea of mechagnomes, too. Maybe leper gnomes with customization options to replace their missing limbs with mechanical ones would be cool. I'd prefer them on the Horde so they could buddy up with the Forsaken, but Alliance already has fewer immediate options for allied races, and Blizzard loves a good redemption story. I'm not sure what the Horde would get to counter them, but I don't want gilblins, I can say that much.

Alliance mogu and Horde yaungol would be also make a fun pair, but I don't think they're particularly strong candidates.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most subtle they are. Always trying to work their way in through the cracks. Always be alert.

Also dead giveaway is how all the effort went into Kul'tirans, the obvious, and then just a gaggle of reskins. It's a subrace thread, too.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Naga - just like high elves, every time the reveal of a next expansion is around the corner, the forums are swarmed by players asking for playable naga. If they figure out how to deal with the mount problem, this race is a must.
    It is a pretty simple solution to which there are several. Do not display boots and leggings unless they were kilt style leggings. When mounting the tail would just flop over to one side or the other and have it random on mounting.

or

If it is a neutral faction of Naga that broke away from Azshara they could have a passive that gives them 2 legs outside of combat like a semi transformation.

I think the new Azalina Soulthief card from the new Hearthstone expansion could be a cool look into how Forsaken Elves might look.

Not really, I'm a horde player. But since players got Void Elves, I feel that the reason why add HEs must be better explained.
    You either die WOTLK, or live long enough to see yourself become WOD.

Not really, I'm a horde player. But since players got Void Elves, I feel that the reason why add HEs must be better explained.
    I'm sorry, I did not mean to be rude, i just feel like im having overdose of this subject. (even though I'm being hypocritical since I want to play as Sanlayn/undead elves lol)

Hello boys and girls, I'm here to try to brainstorm the candidates for future allied races. Please contribute, explaining why they should consider that race in the first place.

Kul'tiran humans - Since the Mag'har orcs were datamined, Kul'tiran humans started to make perfect sense. They are phisically different from "regular" humans and have a complete different culture, kinda like worgens without the curse if we could compare.

High Elves - Since TBC players have been asking high elves as a playable race. Blizzard addressed many times saying that they are like regular blood elves, as an excuse to not add the race. Despite the same thing happening to pandarens (same race to both factions), and despite the race been teased for like 10 years (Silver Covenant faction for example), blizzard added the so called Void Elves. Similar to Blood Elves and in numbers even smaller that the High Elves, it please some and made others question why the HE were not added in the first place. I believe Blizzard will eventually figure out that the players want to play as high and in the future add the race (finally).

Taunka - Helped and were helped by the horde during the Northrend campaign. If we ever go back there, the Tanka will probably join our ranks just like the highmountain did.

Frost Dwarf - Just like the taunka, they make perfect sense.

Jinyu and Hozen - Factions from the Alliance and Horde, showed up in Mist of Pandaria. Since both factions live in a land that was hostage of the sha (a void creation), if makes sense they come back to defend from the threat.

Ogres - Just like high elves, an all time fan favourite race, even teased as an april fool's joke. If they figure out how to deal with the heigh problem, ogres make perfect sense since some of them are are already part of the horde.

Undead Elves - The forsaken are made of mostly by humans and elvens undead, slaughtered by the scourge during WC 3 events. Some elven forsaken can be seen as dark rangers. Forsaken deserve their diversity, and adding undead elves (or maybe even the san'layn) is the solution.

Broken, Fulborg, Leper Gnome and Kobold - In some way already part of the Alliance or Horde, so it would not be a big surprise to see them added.

So, what do you think?
    Hozen....I would suggest these require too much work on the skeleton and armour.

Ogre....a unique skeleton warrants a full blown racial slot. So do Naga.

Frostborn, High Elves, Wildhammers, Jinyu, Kul Tirans, Night Elf Worgen, Mecha/Cybergnomes seem good options for the Alliance. Furbolg as well using the Pandaren skeleton.

For the Horde? Leper Gnomes, Saurok, Mogu, Taunka seem like gair choices for the Horde

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Furbolg as well using the Pandaren skeleton.
    I'm surprised we don't have this already. It's such an obvious choice. The first day I logged into MoP I thought, "Okay, now put out Furbolg on this rig." Druid, Shaman, Hunter, Priest, gtg.