Poll: Which do you prefer Stick or Automatic transmissions.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Nope. Spouses don't count in the line in succession.
    But still, he is only 6th... so Charles and William, and William's kids would have to die, and the kids must not have a heir for Harry becoming king.
    Spouse don’t count what about Elizabeth?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Ummm what?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    which one ?
    Queen Elizabeth aka Queen Mum was a "Queen Consort" to King George VI.
    Queen Elizabeth II. is the eldest daughter of said King George VI. and without brothers she was of course the first pick as heir.

if you want a weird fact: Prince Philip, consort to QE2 IS eligible for the throne, but you would have to murder half of all royalty of europe for that.
    he is a far away cousin to his wife, because he is also a descendant of Queen Victoria.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2018-03-12 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    which one ?
    Queen Elizabeth aka Queen Mum was a "Queen Consort" to King George VI.
    Queen Elizabeth II. is the eldest daughter of said King George VI. and without brothers she was of course the first pick as heir.

if you want a weird fact: Prince Philip, consort to QE2 IS eligible for the throne, but you would have to murder half of all royalty of europe for that.
    he is a far away cousin to his wife, because he is also a descendant of Queen Victoria.

Lol the older one that still alive. She is queen because of her dad then? I don’t follow royal protocol so I don’t know how a woman sits alone on the throne. But there is one now of the Windsor’s right. That why it’s always Prince Charles and not King right?

Lol the older one that still alive. She is queen because of her dad then? I don’t follow royal protocol so I don’t know how a woman sits alone on the throne. But there is one now of the Windsor’s right. That why it’s always Prince Charles and not King right?
    I think this makes even less sense than you're previous post :s

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get any enjoyment out of driving either way so I prefer automatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Queen Elizabeth right how’d she get to be queen by herself if Princess Kate couldn’t be?

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    What I don't understand is WHY this post necessitated the need to be prefaced with anything regarding Meghan Markle and Prince William. Because the first thing I thought when I saw the title was "Who gives a rats ass?", and then when i saw the author "Oh. Ok. So much sense now".

Queen Elizabeth right how’d she get to be queen by herself if Princess Kate couldn’t be?
    Queen Elizabeth is the daughter of the former King and was the heir. Kate married into the family and thus is not.

Also from your last post, it's Prince Charles because he is the son of the current queen. I guess if he got divorced again and married his mum he could be King Charles before she dies / abdicates instead of waiting until after.
    Last edited by Attackrabbit; 2018-03-12 at 08:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's not so much resistance, as it's...simply not occuring to most people. As people get older, they try out automatic at least once, but I hardly know anyone that's an actual automatic enthusiast. Mostly people buy used cars, and mostly they just look at the price tag. And manual wins on that end every single time.

- - - Updated - - -

It is. Trust me. If you're a professional driver in the city or if you happen to be in traffic jams a lot, because fuckit, everyone else seems to know when you want to go to work and just blocks the road to tick you off, you're ripe for automatic. That is the true advantage of automatic, slow traffic and automatic is the absolute undisputed world champion of stop and go traffic. If you sit in an automatic in stop and go traffic, you can't help but smile your ass off at everyone around you getting a tired left foot. And as you sit there like a smug motherfucker, you can witness the pure hate radiating out from them and when you see their lips move, it's mostly "Ok, fuckit... this is where automatic wins" that they're saying, despite all their pride. Source? Myself, when I am stickshifting in heavy traffic. :P
    What streets do you have where you live that you have to hold your coupling all the time?

If you have to stop then you stand still no need to put your feets anywhere near the pedals.

Deleted
    I think a lot of this decision comes down to where you generally drive, and how much you enjoy the process.

I drive a lot of twisties in very varied road conditions, automatics are a poor choice for this type of driving as you have no control over the gear and so the amount of wheel torque you are delivering, nor does engine braking work as it should. I don't think about using the clutch; even in stop/start it's only a wee bit of additional leg/ankle/arm movement, whether I'd feel the same if my daily commute was an hour through rush hour traffic I don't know.

I have owned an automatic and would not own a full auto again, it detracts from the driving experience and does not suite the roads I typically drive.
    Last edited by mmoce90cf0ffae; 2018-03-12 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    What streets do you have where you live that you have to hold your coupling all the time?

If you have to stop then you stand still no need to put your feets anywhere near the pedals.
    Spoken like someone who has possibly never driven a manual (or has a fancy newer car that shuts the system down when you are stopped and then restarts when you press the pedals again).
    If I don't hold the clutch down whilst in stopped traffic then my car stalls or the engine runs at idle for whichever gear it's in which means it will move forwards.....unless you want to switch to neutral every time you stop which is annoying as fuck
    Last edited by Attackrabbit; 2018-03-12 at 09:00 PM.

Give me a manual transmission every time. I can drive automatic of course, and most cars don't even give you an option any more, but I'd vastly prefer to drive manual and it's good for everyone to learn even if they're going to drive automatic because you have a far better understanding of how your car works and what to expect in different situations.

Knowing how to drive stick and acting like it's brain surgery compared to automatic is indicative of a serious ego problem.

Stick is for people that need to control everything, regardless of how needless that control is.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

The mansplaining scum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yeah, I can drive a stick and I don't care to. I don't find it fun to drive in the first place. If I want to go out for a fun time I'll take my Harley for a ride.

7+ Year Old Account
    Spoken like someone who has never driven a manual.
    If I don't hold the clutch down whilst in stopped traffic then my car stalls or the engine runs at idle for whichever gear it's in which means it will move forwards.....unless you want to switch to neutral every time you stop which is annoying as fuck
    I drive manual every fucking day so shut up. If ´m standing before a traffic light i don´t need to hold any pedals because my car is standing. Only if you didn´t have put enough pressure on the break then your car will still be moving otherwise not.

Oh I bet he is...

OT: stick is good to know for everyone, ya never know.

Stick can be a fun driving experience, but it gets old fast especially in the city. Now on some open roads with a variety turns and a decent speed limit its fun, once in a while, still ends up getting old.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

stick is fun out on long stretch roads. Automatic is very convenient in traffic and city limits. Aside from that, who the fuck cares who these people are and what they are doing ? It's like the Obama's and kardashians. they make fuck all difference in my life so why should I or anyone give a shit about them ? They're irrelevant.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Queen Elizabeth is the daughter of the former King and was the heir. Kate married into the family and thus is not.

Also from your last post, it's Prince Charles because he is the son of the current queen. I guess if he got divorced again and married his mum he could be King Charles before she dies / abdicates instead of waiting until after.
    wtf

and fat chance he will be King George VII.
    Charles I. was beheaded and Charles II. was unpopular; the name is a bit of bad omen. and since he has 4 first names, he can choose whatever he wants out of Charles Philip Arthur George.