finally got my shit together and took on the double tempered pinecones.

farmed the Xeno LBG and a gunner set for it, and it was an absolute breeze when you don't have to fuck around in melee.
    15 minutes and well satisfied.

I wonder if tunneling monsters would be an interesting fight for the game. The game can incorperate such a wide variety of monsters

10+ Year Old Account
    Over the weekend, I took out the Double Bazelgeuse, and continued on my quest to get all Long Sword tree's maxed out. So far so good, but I still have some work to do.

I needed to get a Rathian Ruby to upgrade one of my swords, so I had been farming Investigations to see if I could get lucky. Well, after more than I can count, I didn't get it and decided to use the Elder Melder. To do so, I needed to kill Vaal Hazak 4 times, lol for the Limited Bounty. He can be tricky, but over all he really isn't that bad since he is a little less mobile than the other two Elder Dragons.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I wonder if tunneling monsters would be an interesting fight for the game. The game can incorperate such a wide variety of monsters
    Like diablos? Its honestly more annoying than it is interesting.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Would be cool if part of a new fight would be a tunneling monster where they retreat into a new tunnel system when they are fleeing. Would be an easy way to expand the world. It could be a really dark place causing the need for new items which allow you to see. Perhaps even new wild life or plant life which you can use to illuminate an area temporarily.

Something like the Coral Highlands, but with a tunnel system with bioluminescent plant life such as the floating jelly fish. Could do some really cool stuff with light sourcing and shadows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barely had time to play this weekend. Im down to only needing a Wyvern Gem for my current bow set. Killed a Teostra on lunch trying to get the Kaiser Arms, and managed to snag my first mini crown.

Finally convinced one of my friends to group, and he was stuck on the double betel mission. I guess he had been doing so much other stuff after giving up on that mission that when his cap went up from 29, he jumped up to 44....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Barely had time to play this weekend. Im down to only needing a Wyvern Gem for my current bow set. Killed a Teostra on lunch trying to get the Kaiser Arms, and managed to snag my first mini crown.

Finally convinced one of my friends to group, and he was stuck on the double betel mission. I guess he had been doing so much other stuff after giving up on that mission that when his cap went up from 29, he jumped up to 44....
    hehe he almost jumped to the real wall.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account

hehe, I had the same thing happen. Went from 29 - 46 after completing that mission.

Which btw, I'm starting to feel your pain. After we were discussing the unreliableness of using an SOS at end game, I ended up giving it a try. Took about 3-4 SOS's until I got in a group which kicked it's ass. Now that I'm back to farming for parts, I tried to do some Azure Rathalos....and went right back to wipe after wipe while using the SOS. It was quite hit or miss. I'd say i've still had more success than failure, but the gap isn't very wipe between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    hehe he almost jumped to the real wall.
    I'm curious if that is where i'm at. I'm at 49, and my current mission is to kill a Tempered Kirin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm curious if that is where i'm at. I'm at 49, and my current mission is to kill a Tempered Kirin.

Oh it is even with 36 thunder resist that prancing bastard would do 80% of my HP in damage with its lightning bolts.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Oh it is even with 36 thunder resist that prancing bastard would do 80% of my HP in damage with its lightning bolts.
    Damn!!! Really?!

Sounds like a case for the Thunderproof Mantle, and Vitality Mantle. But as those are limited time, I can see that i'll still likely be taking some huge hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    hehe, I had the same thing happen. Went from 29 - 46 after completing that mission.

Which btw, I'm starting to feel your pain. After we were discussing the unreliableness of using an SOS at end game, I ended up giving it a try. Took about 3-4 SOS's until I got in a group which kicked it's ass. Now that I'm back to farming for parts, I tried to do some Azure Rathalos....and went right back to wipe after wipe while using the SOS. It was quite hit or miss. I'd say i've still had more success than failure, but the gap isn't very wipe between the two.
    If i have an investigation that has low carts, or i just really want to get done, i will do entirely solo. I had an investigation for 2 gold rewards on vaal hazak with 2 attempts, I decided to be nice, and SOS cause i know the two gold rewards is kind of uncommon. Fighting him when a guy enters my game. Walks up to vaal, and before he even swings he is roared, knocked back, and standing in the pool of blue. Carts immediately. Im like okay, whatever, mistakes happen. Until he respawns, and runs straight into Vaal's HydroPump. Now i will only fire my SOS if there is a lots of time and attempts, other than that its solo or with friends.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i have an investigation that has low carts, or i just really want to get done, i will do entirely solo. I had an investigation for 2 gold rewards on vaal hazak with 2 attempts, I decided to be nice, and SOS cause i know the two gold rewards is kind of uncommon. Fighting him when a guy enters my game. Walks up to vaal, and before he even swings he is roared, knocked back, and standing in the pool of blue. Carts immediately. Im like okay, whatever, mistakes happen. Until he respawns, and runs straight into Vaal's HydroPump. Now i will only fire my SOS if there is a lots of time and attempts, other than that its solo or with friends.
    That is insane! Though, I was that guy once the other day. Almost exactly that situation, but only 1 death.

I'm pretty good at avoiding specific attacks but shit where I am knocked back slighty, then charged...and then it does another charge and there isn't anything I can do while the animation of getting up is quicker than the long drawn out charge into a wall and I just stand up into damage that I know is coming and I get carted...fucking...infuriates me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I'm pretty good at avoiding specific attacks but shit where I am knocked back slighty, then charged...and then it does another charge and there isn't anything I can do while the animation of getting up is quicker than the long drawn out charge into a wall and I just stand up into damage that I know is coming and I get carted...fucking...infuriates me.
    My tip, if something like that happens, say Diablos knocks you down and then charges, stay laying down (press nothing). You are in Iframes while on the ground i believe, and any time Diablos gets a good combo on me, i just lie there and let him charge past.

My tip, if something like that happens, say Diablos knocks you down and then charges, stay laying down (press nothing). You are in Iframes while on the ground i believe, and any time Diablos gets a good combo on me, i just lie there and let him charge past.
    I guess that's a misconception I had. I felt like there was a timer on not taking damage and if I just stayed down I would still get hit. I guess I can try that. I'm using bow almost exclusively now and I was a lance user before that. I'm trying to break myself of the "I can take all hits bring them on" feeling I used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I guess that's a misconception I had. I felt like there was a timer on not taking damage and if I just stayed down I would still get hit. I guess I can try that. I'm using bow almost exclusively now and I was a lance user before that. I'm trying to break myself of the "I can take all hits bring them on" feeling I used to have.
    If you know you're going to be taking on Diablos, you can also aim for food buffs like Felyne Riser or Felyne Feet. Flinch-free helps with knockback and Tremor resist helps with getting staggered by him going past underground. Also if you use shrieker pods as he's burrowing it will cause him to be in KO status for like 10 secs. Lastly, if you don't like fighting him in a certain area, you could also try dung and see if you can push him into or lead him into a more favorable area.

YYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Devil May Cry tie in event! That charge blade animation for Rebellion has me excited!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

YYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Devil May Cry tie in event! That charge blade animation for Rebellion has me excited!
    Never was a fan of the DMC Games, but this still looks pretty cool.

I just hope its good because I've always hated shields and that was mostly what kept me away from CB's.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I just hope its good because I've always hated shields and that was mostly what kept me away from CB's.
    Seriously? you know its got a great distance closing melee attack and can block roars and blinding flashes right?