View Poll Results: Artifact Weapon Retirement - yes or no?

Voters
154. This poll is closed
  • 1) No I am a veteran played legion long & love my arty, worked hard on it, it should stay in BoA.

26 16.88%
  • 2) Yes I am a game Veteran game is always like that, move on to the next thing, I don't care.

89 57.79%
  • 3) No I am Newbie but I think the Artifact is cool it makes click buttons, gives me boosts & buffs.

1 0.65%
  • 4) Yes get rid of the artifact I don't like WoW grinds I want an easy life.

3 1.95%
  • 5) No I have not played the game for awhile but I know so many have worked so hard on that artifact.

1 0.65%
  • 6) Yes I quit playing long ago and & I don't care what happens to you and your precious artifact.

4 2.60%
  • 7) Just no.

5 3.25%
  • 8) Just yes.

25 16.23%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Voted Just No in response to this thread, rather than the OP's question
    Oh ok well then I have a further question for you to make you reconsider your voting motivation...
    Do you think I and other OP's are OP in in a Mythic Argus raid or Keystone 20+ which have notoriously
    slaughtered many guilds and premade groups even after 4 hours of grinding at it! The competitive will
    always go higher, you think it's fair they now have no life because the game encourages them to be OP?
    Now take away their arty... destroy everything they've done for over a year... you're ok with that because
    you hate an OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahWeaver View Post
    Oh ok well then I have a further question for you to make you reconsider your voting motivation...
    Do you think I and other OP's are OP in in a Mythic Argus raid or Keystone 20+ which have notoriously
    slaughtered many guilds and premade groups even after 4 hours of grinding at it! The competitive will
    always go higher, you think it's fair they now have no life because the game encourages them to be OP?
    Now take away their arty... destroy everything they've done for over a year... you're ok with that because
    you hate an OP?
    What form of poetry is this? I'm not familiar with it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I get being angry about something, but its eyerolling when people act as if their opinion represents some vast and huge number of people. Its like... get over yourself, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by det
    Yeah, but ofc OP keeps insisting he speaks for the silent majority that won't buy BfA because our weapons go away. The silent millions actually. Oh well...another constructed reason why suddenly everyone will stop playing and WoW will die...I guess....
    I gave an emotional response about something I feel many gamers would do also if they really thought about it. I however, noticed most did not choosing to be obsessed over new races that are not new races but fuk the artifact, forget about it! I was persecuted and hated for having an emotionally charged opinion about something that is definitely important to some gamers, I dare say all gamers actually. Like hypocrites they accused me of trolling and hostility but because these trolls disagree and think i am wrong and want my opinion and yours trashed. If they had not routinely done this I would not have taken this line I did against them. But I now draw the line one what can be tolerated in this so called democracy... you be hypocrites I be against you as an enemy! I bring THRALL RAGE and the curse of a death lord upon all who seek to silence the majority. Quit the game please, play into Blizzards hand be forgotten... fuk the next expac and see you in the revolution. I WILL CREATE IT!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I will be sad to loose my Ashbringer, its fine. I will have it forever as a transmog and thats good enough for me.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

5+ Year Old Account
    I now have the mental image of Mr. Weaver heading for Blizzard with, like, 3 other people waving signs for the oppressed Artifact Lovers, belting out "The Red and the Black" from Les Miserables.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    What form of poetry is this? I'm not familiar with it.
    Sarcasm to me on this issue only gets you my disrespect!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I now have the mental image of Mr. Weaver heading for Blizzard with, like, 3 other people waving signs for the oppressed Artifact Lovers, belting out "The Red and the Black" from Les Miserables.
    Would play Carnegie Hall and would turn the Blizzard office into my next Raid & unleash my Apocalypse artifact on them! Would bring all the workers unions who have been silenced by tyrannical corporations with me as my dps and healers! Destroy artifact and BoA comes to earth as Battle for Artifact! So be it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YERHP5wp_zw

10+ Year Old Account
    you hate an OP?
    This is how it's been every expansion. The top raiders always spend tons of time, effort, and even money, to be the top/best. And each expansion they're put on the same level of everyone else, effectively 'destroying' what they did previously. Any work in an expansion has zero effect on the next one.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave an emotional response about something I feel many gamers would do also if they really thought about it. I however, noticed most did not choosing to be obsessed over new races that are not new races but fuk the artifact, forget about it! I was persecuted and hated for having an emotionally charged opinion about something that is definitely important to some gamers, I dare say all gamers actually. Like hypocrites they accused me of trolling and hostility but because these trolls disagree and think i am wrong and want my opinion and yours trashed. If they had not routinely done this I would not have taken this line I did against them. But I now draw the line one what can be tolerated in this so called democracy... you be hypocrites I be against you as an enemy! I bring THRALL RAGE and the curse of a death lord upon all who seek to silence the majority. Quit the game please, play into Blizzards hand be forgotten... fuk the next expac and see you in the revolution. I WILL CREATE IT!
    I have no issue with you or your opinion. You're fully entitled to hate the removal of artifacts. But stop projecting YOUR feelings onto millions (to use the number you used) of people you have never met or spoken to. A couple-hundred relentlessly angry nerds on these forums does not = millions of people.

Also? Not your forums. So until you successfully apply to be a moderator... you don't draw any 'lines'. If you can't handle people who don't agree with you, maybe don't post in a public space.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    This is how it's been every expansion. The top raiders always spend tons of time, effort, and even money, to be the top/best. And each expansion they're put on the same level of everyone else, effectively 'destroying' what they did previously. Any work in an expansion has zero effect on the next one.
    Not true at all. Leveling with final-tier raid gear/weapons and BiS trinkets is vastly easier than leveling with like... 'just boosted lolz' greens.

Mind you that won't be quite as true in BFA - the power curves are squished a bit - but it'll still be a big difference.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Not true at all. Leveling with final-tier raid gear/weapons and BiS trinkets is vastly easier than leveling with like... 'just boosted lolz' greens.

Mind you that won't be quite as true in BFA - the power curves are squished a bit - but it'll still be a big difference.
    Well, yeah. The levelling is easier (at least in early levels) but it's not like it will give any edge at all at max level.

I wouldn't call shaving A handful of hours off the levelling process, by spending a year and a half grinding away vs someone who boosted 'worth'
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    So this may be Old news to some, new news to others, it sure is not a spoiler at this point but many are upset about it.
    They are going to be taking away or Artifact in the Next Expac. Yup, make you angry right (well I know not all of you).
    In fact some of you who are ok with that probably hate me and want to insult me for my last post which I feel perfectly
    expressed what a lot of WoW gamers are thinking & feeling about it right now, hey! But who cares what I think right
    I'm just a worthless worm for having said what I said out of anger for Blizzard taking away something I and many others
    worked & spent so hard on. Just a worthless worm for that so hey what do you all think about taking away the artifact:
    Thanks if you are Voting. If you are not why and why do you or do you not hate Blizzard for doing this:
    I'm sure that this has been said... but here again:

They aren't TAKING them away. Sure, story-wise they are depowered trying to deal with Sargeras's sword in Silithus... but that's for the sake of completing the story for the expansion. We'll use them early into BfA, depending on what ilvl your Artifact is at from levels and relics. People with 945+ artifact weapons will probably carry them further along into the expansion content before replacing from a quest reward or dungeon drop. Newer characters with lower ilvl (such as 840, etc) Artifact weapons will more than likely replace them early on.

This isn't anything really different from in the past. Mythic (or heroically in earlier content) geared players kept their armor and weapons a LOT longer, especially if they were Legendary weapons. But people with lower ilvl content items (such as from dungeon or "normal" & LFR tiers) replaced them within the first zone or so.

It will be business as usual and you'll get to keep the existing weapon and most of the appearances (if not all that you earn prior to BfA) will be made available to you for Transmog.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    I like the whole idea of artifacts, I wish they weren't going away, and blizz would just build on what artifacts are currently.
    I hope you voted. I agree with you and have the same opinion. You are not alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    & it's wrong. How many times did you hear WoW gamers whine and complain about some of the old structures in the game being taken away, such us some of the cool BC buffs or the glyph system of Cata. pre-legion Blizzard had 7.5 million+ subscribes, they hit an all time high plateaux, broke world records for it on PC & then they started that stuff away & making the grind too heavy and boom... their subs dropped to 5.5 mill pre legion. They had to think of something quick & guess what it was = Better graphic Legion content & the ARTIFACT = yup! & that tapered off their decline until now. Now they risk every with same shit baggery they have always forced us into with their for profit agenda's. Not to late to change your vote gamers!
    Last edited by NoahWeaver; 2018-03-12 at 10:20 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They gave everyone with an authenticator 4 bag slots, keep your 2-4 artifacts there.

I'll equip my green/blue/purple BfA weapons.

I hope I'll replace artifact during leveling sooner then later, and that the effects like the massive stamina buffs it gives are like removed at 111, but I dunno how it's in alpha right now.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-12 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    You seriously need to stop having a giant boner over this issue, it happens every expansion.

I miss grinding PVP for gear/weapon and pubbing for that one sword i really wanted. I miss the freedom of using what ever type of weapon i wanted.

No single piece of gear was ever meaningful beyond the expansion we obtained it in, no matter how ordinary or special it is. This is not any different.

Not to mention that the Artifact is actually quite bloated up at this point, too many systems thrown ontop of it.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-03-12 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    pre-legion Blizzard had 7.5 million+ subscribes, they hit an all time high plateaux, broke world records for it on PC &
    then they started that stuff away & making the grind too heavy and boom... their subs dropped to 5.5 mill pre legion.
    Given that Blizzard has long since stopped providing sub numbers, where did you get this info?

Regardless of whether you (or anyone) like it or not, that's how it's always been. Your point was we 'lose all that progress'. Well, yeah. We 'lose all that progress' every expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    But stop projecting YOUR feelings onto millions (to use the number you used) of people you have never met or spoken to. A couple-hundred relentlessly angry nerds on these forums does not = millions of people.
    That is a false accusation. I never projected my feeling onto millions, I posted my opinion in the forum with an emotional rant to analogies the way I think the many other gamers who feel this way would feel also. People can choose to read this or not & this a poll and the previous matters not & you are pushing along with a coercive intimidation slander also a non-sequitur. I was accused by some troll of being the only one. I made this argument you are talking about to convey how I knew they are wrong since they like you were attempting to belittle me for an argument with their ad hominem hubris bullshit.

They could feel this way differently. Instead of angry it could make them sad or enraged and feel hatred for blizzard. I however used anger not hatred & you are making a false accusation and that is defamation of character. You have no proof or claim that I am projecting onto millions. I have put a poll here opening the floor for everyone opinion and right to vote on it. Now you're attempting to PLAY MORAL SUPERIOR like a troll and shame or belittle me for it like a troll! The shame is on you. Your post is mental intimidation and it will not silence me. You are the kind that would like a troll report this post because you feel insulted. Did you know reporting someone for their emotional charged opinion is a hypocritical act of a troll as well. You responded out of emotion to something emotional and hated that person for it... look at how evil you are~!

Also? Not your forums. So until you successfully apply to be a moderator... you don't draw any 'lines'. If you can't handle people who don't agree with you, maybe don't post in a public space.
    People who don't agree with me can go to hell! & so can you! & that's where they belong. & when did I say this is my forum? That's another false accusation and a act of defamation of character. Your post reeks of mental intimidation and trolling like a hypocrite while you play morally superior. & I wouldn't apply to be a moderator of a forum that seeks to suppress public opinion by accusing it of trolling while simultaneously trolling those they believe to be trolls. That's a stupid forum full of invalids that I would never help.

you hate an OP?
    "The OP" is the person that started a thread. "I and other OP's" makes no sense.

And... we've had the same thing happen literally every expansion. So what?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I'm sure that this has been said... but here again:

They aren't TAKING them away....

It will be business as usual and you'll get to keep the existing weapon and most of the appearances (if not all that you earn prior to BfA) will be made available to you for Transmog.
    Yes they are taking them away for the new expac. Retired means gone... useless... might as well rip them right out of our toons hands. period. It will not be business as usual. They will lose many subscribers for this on top of the many they have lost making game content impossible to reach for some. They already have lost subscribers. This history of theirs you talk of, they lose subscribers over this BAD behavior of theirs routinely. This has been shown to be fact - blizzard can't increase subscribers with the way it runs the game because they've become obsessed with greed. They are like the Old Gods themselves. The end game boss should be them!

This isn't anything really different from in the past. Mythic (or heroically in earlier content) geared players kept their armor and weapons a LOT longer, especially if they were Legendary weapons.
    Yes it is different. In the past those epic or legendaries were farmed in the raids and you progressed to it by progressing gear levels to get to the next gear level through being relevant in a group setting. The Artifact was obtained in a little easy quest in world, right at the start of the Legion quest line and progressed with your character. The Legion expac was the most expensive expac of all. Their greed again making up for the lost subscribers because of their greed again. The artifact is a game progression just like your character is, especially for those who started playing the game in Legion, HELLO! So the game progression in mind would you now support retiring our ability pane as well...?Because to me that's what it will be like retiring the Arty! & that's why I am pissed off!
    Last edited by NoahWeaver; 2018-03-12 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard can't increase subscribers with the way it runs the game because they've become obsessed with greed.
    Greed of what? Money? How exactly is (as you say) losing subscribers being greedy?

If they were greedy, they'd give everything players want to increase subs. So it doesn't sound like greed is the issue.