Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    got lucky.
    Guess the Switch also "came out at the right time and got lucky"

It's not luck when the majority of products Nintendo makes succeed. That's called a good judge of where the market is heading and capitalizing on it.

People thought the Switch would fail before it came out. If you're young and wasn't on the internet in 2005-2006 people also thought the Wii was going to fail.

Nintendo knows what they're doing. Sometimes their crazy ideas do fail, but those are literal rarities. Of all their products released only the N64, GC and Wii U could be considered failures. Also of those 3 only really the GC and Wii U where big failures as the N64 was still pretty damn main stream, just not as big as the PS1.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-08 at 08:58 PM.

Microsoft seriously dropped the ball for the XB1... and I was an XBox first player before jumping ship to the PS4 -- the XB1 just wasn't anything special, more so when most of the games I can just play on PC, meanwhile the PS4 had a whole slew of fantastic exclusives.

And I am honestly tempted on getting the Switch, for the latest Zelda game.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-03-08 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nintendo knows what they're doing. Sometimes their crazy ideas do fail, but those are literal rarities. Of all their products released only the N64, GC and Wii U could be considered failures. Also of those 3 only really the GC and Wii U where big failures as the N64 was still pretty damn main stream, just not as big as the PS1.
    Honestly I wouldn't even consider the Gamecube as a failure, Its sells wasn't amazing but it still pulled 21 million units and likely profit on Software sells. The Playstation 2 just destroyed that gen but like I said I wouldn't call the Gamecube a failure, I would say it did ok.

IMO the only failures I say Nintendo has had is the Virtual Boy and Wii-U.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Microsoft seriously dropped the ball for the XB1... and I was an XBox first player before jumping ship to the PS4 -- the XB1 just wasn't anything special, more so when most of the games I can just play on PC, meanwhile the PS4 had a whole slew of fantastic exclusives.

IMO Breath of the Wild is the worse Zelda game made. But with that said the worse Zelda game is still better then most average games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't even consider the Gamecube as a failure, Its sells wasn't amazing but it still pulled 21 million units and likely profit on Software sells. The Playstation 2 just destroyed that gen but like I said I wouldn't call the Gamecube a failure, I would say it did ok.

IMO the only failures I say Nintendo has had is the Virtual Boy and Wii-U.
    Gamecube sold 21 mil units while being the main Nintendo home console for 5 years. 4 years of which it retailed for $99.99

Wii U sold 13.5 mil units while being the main Nintendo home console for a tad over 4 years. Majority of time retailed at $299.99

/shrug I consider the GC at worst just as big of a failure. It couldn't even dent market share while being half the price of the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    IMO Breath of the Wild is the worse Zelda game made. But with that said the worse Zelda game is still better then most average games.

Is it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Gamecube sold 21 mil units while being the main Nintendo home console for 5 years. 4 years of which it retailed for $99.99

Wii U sold 13.5 mil units while being the main Nintendo home console for a tad over 4 years. Majority of time retailed at $299.99

/shrug I consider the GC at worst just as big of a failure.
    Valid Point, But hey at lease the Gamecube had a better 3rd party support

But ya your original point still stands that the majority of what Nintendo releases is a success.

- - - Updated - - -

Roflmao......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

They make games, not cinematic Esq games that run at 25fps.

I you enjoy open world games and combining abilities in something like Dishonoured, go for it! It’s awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    blah blah biased bullshit.

nothing wrong with nintendo, was always a great family console. Wii/Wii U wasn't bad; you don't like motion controls ... SIX AXIS, shove it.

Sony and Microsoft don't give two shits about you, so keep letting them peg you while you have some console war bullshit going on in your heads.

I think Sony is a laughing stock. Got SUED and had to pay out for removing OtherOS. They should pay my ass for putting advertisements on my console. Fuck that noise. Using that ad money to pay for exclusives, how anti-gamer ... most people don't buy in to the console wars; they bought what they did because they had the previous generation, a friend had the specific one, etc.

This is rare for me, but that is where PC is truly better. Forget the graphics/raw processing power owning a good PC can give ... but the key points are; you can play with anyone, you don't have a monthly fee to access online multiplayer, and outside games that ran on 333 MHz processors kind of old, you rarely have to worry about backwards compatibility. You don't get ads on your desktop just for turning it on. You can use whatever controller you want as well as any keyboard and mouse without hoop jumping or compatibility issues.

So yeah, laughing stock ... it is anyone who participates in the console war lies and manipulation.

Like what you like, support others even if they like something else. We are gamers, the corporations just want our money, and the more we fight, the more they win against us. Divide and conquer.

They are so fucking stupid as well. If this Pro/X would've used Raven Ridge instead of bulldozer or whatever; They may have been able to actually play some 4k without all the trickery and lies everyone is buying up, and even do it at 60 fps. The jump in speed, efficiency, etc in Ryzen is HUGE; and vega catches them up a bit on that side; so the Raven Ridge APU would've actually been worth a console upgrade whereas the Pro/X are more of a solution for first time buyers in this so-called 'generation'; that may only have a couple years left until you buy another upgrade that is hopefully actually worth a damn.

If crypto and ram shortage wasn't a thing, these consoles would have a lot less bang for the buck, but those inflated prices of gpu and ram is keeping them in a value gaming position despite their lack of any real horsepower and lack of even a sata based SSD as a default device ... which gamers nexus showed some games you could get 40-50 seconds faster loading screens; but yeah, nintendo is the joke? They don't play the same game as those two greedy fucks (they are greedy in other ways like streamers/youtubers). They try to produce an innovative console and don't charge you 5-600 for it either. The games play well, they have tons of first party titles to where you don't even have to care about non-first party titles. If you want a HUGE library, come over to PC, Steam will blow your fucking mind away. But most people only get a few games a year or even a console generation. So all the 'needs more AAA titles' is bullshit anyway. Most of the first party titles of sony and microsoft aren't really that interesting anyway, and the ones that did do well they fuck with until they don't resemble why people loved them in the first place.
    What the F? Triggered much bro? It is like I state a factual thing that Nintendo made less and less money over the years since the inception of Playstation. And then you think that I am against Nintendo? Dude I grew up with Nintendo (see my other posts in this thread). It was my #1 console after the Atari I had back when I was even smaller. NES and SNES were my things. I think I played and finished 75% of all the nintendo games outthere for those consoles. (rented them). But that is not to say that Playstation did better for YEARS then Nintendo did.

I even own a Wii and a 360. So where does it say that I am against Nintendo. That Nintendo became a laughing stock is simply because they could have been "Playstation". The fact that they did not is the reason why they became a laughing stock.

Just think on the possibilities nintendo fans would have had. Final Fantasy 7 etc on a Nintendo! Zelda on a CD! I bet you won't respond to this. Sound facts and logic go over your head does it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    They are so fucking stupid as well. If this Pro/X would've used Raven Ridge instead of bulldozer or whatever; They may have been able to actually play some 4k without all the trickery and lies everyone is buying up, and even do it at 60 fps. The jump in speed, efficiency, etc in Ryzen is HUGE; and vega catches them up a bit on that side; so the Raven Ridge APU would've actually been worth a console upgrade whereas the Pro/X are more of a solution for first time buyers in this so-called 'generation'; that may only have a couple years left until you buy another upgrade that is hopefully actually worth a damn.
    Going to ignore the opinion based stuff.
    Raven Ridge in it's current configuration would be a gigantic downgrade on the graphical side, the more important side of it really. It also isn't a Constructor core, it is using the Cat cores, which are arguably better than Constructor cores in the power envelope they're going for.
    So the relevant specs for Raven Ridge are 4c/8t generation 1 Zen cores, 11 compute units max, and dual channel DDR4 RAM. Raven ridge is made for a <65W envelope, not 150W.

It is bandwidth starved with dual channel DDR4 to begin with. Ideal memory situation is 2*64bitchannels (dual channel)@3600MHz RAM equating to 57.6GB/s (bit rate * clock rate / 8 = bandwidth). This pales in comparison to PS4 Pro which is 8*32bit channels equating to 256bit with GDDR5 speed of 6800MHz~ resulting in 218GB/s which is arguably not enough (most dGPUs are still bandwidth starved atm). Xbox One X has 384bit@6800MHz resulting in 326GB/s bandwidth.

CPUs would be in Raven Ridge's advantage but they're big (relatively) to Jaguar cores and would make it more expensive to manufacture. Plus, it was needed to keep Jaguar cores for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro for backwards compatibility. Granted with the recent patent Sony filed, they may be finding a way around it. No idea if it'll come to fruition but they're searching for a solution.

GPUs Raven Ridge is 11CUs, this pales in comparison to 36 CUs the PS4 Pro has and the 40 CUs the Xbox One X has (both have 4 disabled CUs for yield reasons). This means Raven Ridge has 704 stream processors (cores essentially), PS4 Pro has 2304 and Xbox One X has 2560. PS4 Pro is odd in that it has the capability to tap into rapid packed math so the performance of that is more variable depending on how they write their shaders and whether they can go with FP16 or FP32 with FP16 essentially doubling compute rate (though it should be noted that not everything can be or should be using FP16).

In a nut shell, Raven Ridge is absolutely worthless in a console. In order for Raven Ridge in it's current configuration to catch up, it would need 4000MHz+ GPU clock speed and 14000MHz+ RAM speed. Which basically means you're burning a hole into the PCB. This is also ignoring stuff like ROPs and TMUs.
    There's a reason why they both go with semi-custom route to make these chips.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2018-03-09 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Oh here we go again

(Waits patiently for those two guys)
    Oh look, another thread indirectly bashing Microsoft and putting Nintendo (or Sony) up on a pedestal. And oh look, the usual suspects are all here! Surprise, surprise!

OT: Gratz to Nintendo. They've been killing it with the Switch and I hope they keep going. I myself won't be interested in buying one until certain games come out for it still.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh look, another thread indirectly bashing Microsoft and putting Nintendo (or Sony) up on a pedestal. And oh look, the usual suspects are all here! Surprise, surprise!

OT: Gratz to Nintendo. They've been killing it with the Switch and I hope they keep going. I myself won't be interested in buying one until certain games come out for it still.
    my popcorn is stale now bro :l you're late.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well the Xbox is trash with 0 legit exclusive titles so... yeah. Nintendo has mostly been a gimmick since the cube though so meh

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    well the Xbox is trash with 0 legit exclusive titles so... yeah. Nintendo has mostly been a gimmick since the cube though so meh
    *grabs new popcorn*
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Took too long I'm even more disappointed in you then I was before. Just can't accept any criticism of Microsoft like normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    *grabs new popcorn*
    Don't forget to share, sharing is caring

15+ Year Old Account
    microsoft is poop and smelly and they smell bad and they have no games and they like smelling wieners.

Anyway, I actually do want an XBOX ONE XTREEME XDITION for kingdom hearts 3, but I'd probably wait for the df video to see how much better it runs than on s. I'm gonna buy it on both systems anyway.