Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    15 is still young and easily manipulated/influenced. Still, not as vulnerable as a 11 years like this article points out.
    Naive people can be influenced regardless of age. There's a lot of teenagers which are much much more mature than their peers, I know myself, I was sexually active at 14, never got a girl pregnant, and I always did it with respect for both myself and the partner.

Age of consent only matters in a malicious context, other than that, it's borderline useless.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-03-08 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That's by design. It is intentionally misleading to get more attention.

- - - Updated - - -

It did.
    It is and has always been 15.

Adam (the op) knows this, he intentionally quoted only those parts of the article that misleadingly imply France didn't have an age of consent before, probably because he wants to bash them.
    Looking at NPR:

As The New York Times explains, "In France, as long as 'violence, coercion, threat or surprise' is not proven, sexual intercourse with a minor — even one under 15 — is considered an atteinte sexuelle, which is an infraction and not a crime."
    Yeah... no, that's not age of consent.

Age of Consent definition:
    the age at which a person's, typically a girl's, consent to sexual intercourse is valid in law
    They have this law to protect innocent, gullible children who are still developing mentally and physically from being taken advantage of by creeps.

If the age of consent had always been 15, then there's no legal way in hell a 28 yr old could get away with having sex with an 11 year old. It's honestly sickening that France has taken this long and allowed AT LEAST 2 pedophiles to get away with raping 11 year old girls.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    its almost pointless to talk about sex and maturity with Americans its too taboo here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    its almost pointless to talk about sex and maturity with Americans its too taboo here
    Sadly i must agree

Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    My girlfriend is 19 years old and I'll be 30 this year.
    We started dating when she was 16 and I was 26.
    By some of the posts here I would be classified a paedophile, lol.
    I don't feel like there's an age gap between us at all.

"Good moral values" are actually very personal values of specific groups of people.

/jk

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    My girlfriend is 19 years old and I'll be 30 this year.
    We started dating when she was 16 and I was 26.
    By some of the posts here I would be classified a paedophile, lol.
    I don't feel like there's an age gap between us at all.

"Good moral values" are actually very personal values of specific groups of people.
    i wouldnt call you a pedo. 100% youre a fucking creep, not a pedo

7+ Year Old Account
    100% youre a fucking creep
    And yet it's infinitely more palatable than some arbitrary moral values attached to age gaps. As long as the younger person is of the legal age of consent, the opinions of everyone else are irrelevant.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    And yet it's infinitely more palatable than some arbitrary moral values attached to age gaps. As long as the younger person is of the legal age of consent, the opinions of everyone else are irrelevant.
    if youre a 26 year old hanging around where 16 year olds hang around youre a fucking creep, especially if you look at one and think.. yeah ill try to get with her. Age gap, laws, whatever I dont care dudes obviously a pathetic who probably cannot talk to women his own age

10+ Year Old Account
    if youre a 26 year old hanging around where 16 year olds hang around youre a fucking creep, especially if you look at one and think.. yeah ill try to get with her. Age gap, laws, whatever I dont care dudes obviously a pathetic who probably cannot talk to women his own age
    How do you know it wasn't say a friend of his sister ir they hungout with 20 year olds they knew in school before?

7+ Year Old Account
    Interestingly enough, "creep" is a highly subjective term. If you're hitting on a woman and she's not into you, you're a creep. If she is into you, you're not. So it would seem that she determines whether or not the older guy is a creep, not you. This reinforces my previous point that the only opinions that matter are those of the people involved.

It's also interesting that you think a guy who's attracted to younger women is "pathetic" when the reality is that an attraction to younger women is a perfectly natural phenomenon with heterosexual men and most of us experience it. Once again, you're using some ridiculous moral pretense to judge the behavior of others and that's truly pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest
    if youre a 26 year old hanging around where 16 year olds hang around youre a fucking creep, especially if you look at one and think.. yeah ill try to get with her.
    Amazing! Do you wear the deerstalker hat and all the rest? You can tell all of that, just by knowing their respective ages. Hell, I've met self professed masters of geomancy that wouldn't claim to be able to read so much from a person's age, they'd at least need to know birthdays.

Silly me, I get confused by irrelevancies, but you go right to the heart of things. I'd look at the information available and think that a couple that is still together after 3-4 years seems to be doing pretty well. Sixteen? I've had sixteen year olds in college classes, there are sixteen year olds that go to church, they might have even met on a bus or standing in line at a checkout somewhere. You, you can tell that he went somewhere "special" where sixteen year olds hang out. You can tell she must have been wearing her ID around her neck so he could say "hot damn, a sixteen year old" instead of maybe he just met someone pretty, she turned out to be fun to hang out with, and it turned out their ages were different. You can look at her age and know that there is no way her parents know she is dating, thus it is impossible that her parents might think he's an alright guy.

Tell me, were you brought up Muslim, or did you convert? You guys have it down right, women need to be protected from the lusts of men. Cover their faces, have them wear chaste clothing, and make sure they stay separate from men unless properly chaperoned. If she had just acted properly, this couldn't have happened!
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2018-03-09 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Typo. Insufficient coffee.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Just a few points even tho this guy isn't worth a reply.

1 - It was never a hidden relationship.
    2 - We met in a musical concert which happens every other week in an urban park we have here in my town. She and I had a common friend there, he introduced us and then we talked for a while and exchanged contact info.
    3 - SHE asked me out.
    4 - I was in a 4 year relationship with someone "my age" some months before meeting her. She is actually the first girl I dated with any age gap.

Where do you think 16 year old people "hang out"? Inside a baby park surrounded with barbed wire? You assume WAY too much. But I can play that game too, look: Maybe you're angry because some older guy "stole" the girl you liked when you were younger. Protip: Girls like mature-minded guys. And this is not age related.

I think that's enough exposure. Anyway, you can die with your flawed morals. I couldn't care less.
    Last edited by phalk; 2018-03-13 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Added the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    You are an exception if you think it's not fine with 15 as the age of consent.

So you don't know the meaning of the words you use. No, 99% of the population wouldn't consider someone a pedo for having sex with a 15 year old.
    I'm late to the party, but I'm Swedish as well and started having sex early (13, biggest gap was 9 years (older)), I would definitely consider it weird for any 25 year old to have sex with a 15 year old. It would be HARSHLY looked down upon in any circles I've been a part of. 15 might be the law but 17-18 is the socially acceptable age.

Your "I've done it so it's fine" really is no different from sarahtasher's arguments - they're based on personal anecdotes and presented as facts. You or your partners having done something that would under a different law be deemed illegal is irrelevant.

Someone mentioned Canada's law being dynamic based on the age of both sides, and I think that's the (type of) law that would work best in general.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Hey, they are just trying to cater to an under served tourist market, the Pedo.

Edit, nvm...seems they RAISED the age?? The fuck was going on in france.
    Just because you don't identify with the age doesn't mean much if anything. Everyone is different, I was mentally prepared for sex at 10. Different views on sexuality/etc. The majority of views toward children/teenagers/etc is that you're stripping them of their "innocence" which is an archaic notion as "deflowering" a women. Call me what you want, I've never had sex with someone outside of 2 years of my age in either direction, and plan to keep it that way. I however will defend the notion that a teenager is capable of making their own decisions and that sex is entirely meaningless and is only glorified due to religious indoctrination.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    There are two ways to look at this, physically a lot of (if not most) females at 15 are sexually/physically mature to the point where they could already pass off as 18+ women, in other words a man is not a pedo for finding a 15 year old girl physically attractive, a lot of them are women at that point. However, psychologically these girls are still in the absolute majority of cases children, children who are naive, inexperienced, vulnerable to manupilation and while going through or having just been through some signifcant hormonal physical and psychological changes.

So yeah, depending on your angle you should say maybe a 30 year old man shouldn't be ok with fucking 15 year old girls. Even if perhaps it's fine for a 15-19 year old to do so. I only skimmed the article so I'm not sure what is trying to be achieved here, I'd have expected France to raise it to 16 if anything based on current times.

Aren't there parts of the US where the age is 18?
    Girls girls girls.... You do know that men arent just born at 18, and have fully developed sex drives around 14-15, just like girls?

As for everyone else, well the ones that have an issue with 15 being the age of consent, Without these laws, two 15 years olds fucking could get both in jail due to rape. See now why the consent is at 15? It makes sense. Stop having a stick up your ass.

Most 15 year olds dont go for 20+ men, most parents also prevent them from doing so. And most 20+ year olds dont find 15-year olds attractive, as their mentality is often downright abhorrent to put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Girls girls girls.... You do know that men arent just born at 18, and have fully developed sex drives around 14-15, just like girls?

As for everyone else, well the ones that have an issue with 15 being the age of consent, Without these laws, two 15 years olds fucking could get both in jail due to rape. See now why the consent is at 15? It makes sense. Stop having a stick up your ass.

Most 15 year olds dont go for 20+ men, most parents also prevent them from doing so. And most 20+ year olds dont find 15-year olds attractive, as their mentality is often downright abhorrent to put up with.
    Talk about having a rant based on your imagination, this has nothing to do with my post and you've just found meaning and intention where none exists while missing the actual content/context of the post.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

"Pedophilia, or paedophilia, is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12, criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13"
    -Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

That being said, I never had sex with anyone below 17, even when I was below that age. Just not find them attractive, personal preference
    But, whatever the law allows, is fine by me. People of any age, can have sex with people of any age, as long as they follow the law.

That being said, everyone is free to disagree with laws, and fight against laws they find wrong.
    But fight, not with the law-abiding people that follow the law you don't like, but with lawmakers that can change the law
    and the geek shall inherit the earth